Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 7/14/2010 1:17:00 PM

I recently purchased this product from Sally's Beauty Supply and I love it! I have combination oily/dry acne prone skin. I use harsh skin products to stay clear so my oily skin is usually accompanied by some dry patches. I apply 2.5% BP to my face then I use Oil of Olay's oil free facial lotion and then I apply this new primer that I also found at sallys by Claudia Stevens called facial prep foundation base (which I also love, total Smashbox Photo Finish dupe for only 5 bucks!!) I have been wetting a concealer brush and dipping it into the compact to cover any red marks or active blemishes then I use the sponge included and apply the makeup to my entire face. It covers all my acne scars, doesn't look cakey, doesn't break me out, and I just started using palladios rice powder too with this product and my makeup stays in place and doesn't turn orange or get greasy like it ALWAYS has in the past. I work graveyard shift at a hospital and I was able to put this foundation on at 2pm (with rice powder on top to set) and worked until 7am, came home, looked in the mirror, and it still looked fresh! its unbelievable! And for the price you cant beat it! I am MAC studio fix C3 and I use Laurel Nude (400) in this product! Its truly amazing go out and try it! Sally's has full size open samples that you can test in the store! With my Sally's card I paid 8.99$ for this and without I think its only a dollar more! GET IT!!!

I purchased this product recently on quest to find my HG foundation. I wasn't expecting much; the only product from Palladio that I previously used was the rice paper blotting sheets (love these!). What a pleasant surprise this foundation is! I wish I had found it earlier because I've spend a lot of money over the years trying to find something that didn't make my sensitive skin breakout and looked "natural." This foundation allows me to get a natural "airbrushed" (I NEVER thought I'd achieve that with any product, by the way) finish. This product also helps to minimize my pores, which aren't overly large but are certainly not as small as they used to be. I prefer to use this foundation "wet" to get a more medium coverage look and could certainly build it for full coverage. I would say that it masks my imperfections quite well, although I do feel the need to follow up with at least a little bit of concealer for problem areas (under eyes, a pimple here and there, etc). When I first wore this foundation I was in the middle of a major breakout, and this did a good job covering everything. I do not use the sponge that comes with it; rather, I use my Ecotools kabuki brush sprayed with a little of Mac's Fix + and then I apply the foundation. I also set the foundation (and my concealer) with the Palladio loose rice powder (I am doing a review of that next!). It has been humid where I live lately, but I have not been oily at all (I also never thought this would be possible either). My one pet peeve for just about any foundation I've ever used is that they all seemed to settle into the fine lines around my mouth. This doesn't, which is what really solidified this product's wow factor for me. I know some people have been having trouble with getting this to last all day. I haven't had a problem with this, although I do use the Palladio Herbal Primer (another fabulous product). The color selection is limited and colors do seem to have a pink undertone. I am the lightest shade, and I find this matches up quite well (as a reference, I am a NC20 in MAC). Everyone's skin is different, but I would encourage you to at least try it if you are in the market for a new foundation. I've used Bare Minerals, Mineral Hygenics, MAC Mineralize SPF Foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte, Cover Girl Simply Ageless, Revlon Photo Ready (nice finish & coverage, but I'm not into the shimmery look for everyday) and Sally Hansen Your Skin (my favorite LIQUID foundation). In addition to the rice powder, this also works well under my MAC MSF and Cargo Blu Ray powders. I purchased this foundation at Sally Beauty Supply but I believe it is also carried at Ulta stores. I had read these reviews on MUA and a couple on youtube before purchasing.

on 6/20/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has been around for a long time. I have used it on and off since the year 2000. In comparison with MAC's Studio Fix, this has better quality and performs much better. I do not use it wet although using it wet is recommended for oily skin. I use this with L'Oreal primer and it stays on until I wash it off. This is a huge deal for my very oily skin because every thing pretty much melts on me. I am NC30 and I use Cypress Beige, which is 402. This matches my yelow undertone very well. I then use a bit of Everlasting Tan or 404 as a bronzer. The combination looks natural and flawless. I highly recommend this also for people with acne and skin problems. It is much better than all the mineral makeup in the market. It is truly one of the purest products that I have used. I bought this in Sally's Beauty Supply for about $10. You can also find it on line.

on 6/12/2010 8:22:00 PM

Nope didn't work for me. Settled immediately into fine lines and pores and the colour (next one up from Laurel whatever) was too dark and muddy looking. Returned it to Sallys.

on 6/11/2010 2:43:00 AM

So after all the reviews, i finally decided to try this. I am Asian with very yellow undertones. I am a NC25 in MAC studio fix liquid foundation. I tried the Cypress beige, which was waay too dark and looked pink. I was then recommended Laurel nude by Palladio customer service...that was very light and had pink undertones. It seems like most of the makeup has cool (red/pink) undertones and hardly any for us warm toned (yellow) girls. I returned it back to Sally Beauty Supply.

on 6/6/2010 5:45:00 PM

I bought this because I needed an alternative to my NYC pressed powder and was not fond of it the first time I tried it. It went back into the makeup drawer and i used the Elf HD loose powder instead since it was going over liquid. I found it again in my drawer though and had to give it another shot. I now use it as a foundation and am really impressed by its smoothness. I makes my skin look nice3 and smooth and not like I'm wearing makeup. It also dries out my skin a bit so I use this over heavier lotions now. It's so fast to apply since it doesn't need a lot of blending so this with some concealer under my eyes and mascara and I'm good for work if I;m running late. I'd totally buy it again. Although it does disappear buy mid-day, it does not go patchy and oxidize if I reapply to my t-zone during lunch.

on 4/26/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this in an emergency -- on a shoot some of my palettes dropped and where we were there were no "good" mu stores... so, I found this in a drugstore and thought I could make it work.

I did my best -- but the color selections are piss poor at least if you want a great mu and not a mediocre one. The texture of the product is not bad but not winning any cigars either.

all in all, it is ok.. there are worse products but that doesn't do me any good when I want a superb finish.

on 4/25/2010 7:00:00 PM

My favorite foundation.It keeps my skin from getting too oily and offers buildable sheer to med coverage.I can use it to simply even out my skin tone over red spots or completely cover my face and make it glow.its not shimmery at all, but the finish is so smooth and natural that your skin will look healthy :)
just make sure to blend it out well with a good brush (i use the e.l.f. powder brush) in the direction of peach fuzz to keep it from looking cakey

on 4/14/2010 9:22:00 PM

I have tried almost every powder foundation.Drugstore,high end,mineral makeup and i find this one to be the best im acne prone and almost every other powder even b.m broke me out and this one did not it gives good coverage stays on all day it looks flawless in any light i love it

update-This was severly cakey looking and made me look ashy tried b.m matte and love it

on 4/9/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I purchased this product after my HG makers Lily Lolo re-forumlated their foundation shades, making everything alot more yellow and therefore unsuitable for my cool complexion.

I went on the hunt for a truly pink toned foundation, I was lucky enough to be able to sample the Palladio foundations before I bought a full size.

Texture/Application: This is a very creamy foundation, but with a great matte finish. It looks very natural in daylight and is easy to apply, I use either a mini kabuki or a flat foundation brush, with good results and coverage can be built up and still look natural.

Shades: There is a limited selection of shades.I tested Laurel Nude, Ivory Myrrh and Cypress Beige. Laurel Nude the palest shade available just about fits my skin, Cypress Beige was yellow-y and the Ivory Myrrh too dark.

Packaging: I have used lots of mineral foundations, but they were always loose and this pressed formula is so much easier to use. I haven't tested it with the sponge that comes with the product, but if I do then I'll update.

Price: I paid �11.90 for this from beautynaturals.com, the kind lady from CS also sent me samples first which was really helpful. (They also sell re-fills)
This is about a similar price that I have paid for other mineral foundations before and although this is slightly less product, it is very pigmented so hopefully will last a while.

UPDATE: I very rarely reach for this foundation anymore, mainly because my skin is now a shade paler than when I started buying it, and the lightest shade has a tendency to look a little yellow-y on my skin. Such a shame, because the coverage is fantastic! I would still recommend thought, as long as you are lucky enough to find a shade that fits your skin.