MAC Lustre in Jubilee

4.3

on 12/20/2003 12:46:00 AM

I love this lip color, it's so natural and looks great with just about anything. I have fair skin and blue eyes and it makes them stand out very nicely. My friend with brown hair and brown eyes with an olive complexion also weas this color so it can look great on several skin tones.

this is the ultimate nude!!! its so gorgeous and the texture is wonderfully smooth.

on 11/13/2003 1:30:00 AM

Another mediocre one. Jubilee is a "nudie beige pink" altho sometimes it looks like a greyed pink. That doesn't sound too flattering but this does wonders to liven up my face on gray winter morning. Has enough pink to be noticeable but not bright at all. This is Hug Me's lighter, more beige sister. Pretty color but isn't as vibrant (warm) as I like my colors to be. You could probably find a similar color thru a low-end brand but for now I would say I would repurchase since I love the Lustre formula - esp. now in the winter. This is also a great shade for work.{Danidama3 has posted a nice pic.}

on 11/8/2003 5:04:00 PM

I really wanted a nude, not really pinky lip since I do pink so much. I normally love lustre l/s, but this one wears off really quickly, leaving a dull, creasy look on the lips. I love this with stripdown l/l, but it'll have to go back to MAC since it's too drying and not creamy/shiny enough for me!

on 7/21/2003 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Great nude shade; shiny and peachy-pink; similar to hug me, but not as pink. The only problem is that it comes off so easily, compared to all the other lustres I tried.

on 6/15/2003 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A great neutral lipstick, I have been looking for one that is not too orange or peach nor too grey. It goes on kind of pinky-beige nude on me, and with my dark eye makeup on (black on my dark blue eyes) gives a total look rather like Bardot's. The lustre is very hydrating too; a plus for my lips which tend to go very dry. I recommend the lustre series highly, no matter which shade you choose.

on 6/6/2003 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a light peachy tan color on me. Nude with peach. I don't like it as well as my other light nudes or light peaches or lustres. I can't see myself wearing this much, I think it's a bit too yellow for me. Or maybe it's just that I like Hug Me and Freckletone and stuff like that so much better. I won't repurchase this one.

on 6/3/2003 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is one of my HG lipsticks, I'm a nude-colors type of girl and am *very* picky. On me Jubilee is a pinky-beige, very neutral and natural. I have to knock off a lipstick for two reasons: the color and shine aren't as long lasting as I would like (these are $14 lipsticks after all) and Jubilee goes very pale pink on me as the day goes by, losing all hints of brown or peach. My lips are moderately pigmented (mauve/berry) and it looks weird. I will repurchase this one, despite the minor annoyances.

on 4/7/2003 11:49:00 AM

Love this! I've been seeking for a lipstick that gives me the perfect YLBB look and found it in this. It's a brown beige on my lips, brighter and IMO, looks better than Fresh Brew. It's the perfect nude lippie but definately does not wash me out unless I'm under orange lighting. Get this! The formula is great and the colour is versatile.

on 4/4/2003 2:48:00 PM

It's good that I waited to actually see this in a store, because for some reason I expected it to be more pink judging from the website description. Not that I'm disappointed - in fact, it may become my new default neutral because it has enough pink in it to keep from looking "dead" on my olive skin the way a lot of neutral shades do. It still seems a lot like Hug Me to me, although they do look different in the tubes, so maybe I'll try them both on my lips at the same time just to observe. Today I wore it with my all-time favorite Spice pencil, and it looks to be exactly the same shade only in a sheer. glossy lipstick.

Popular Lipsticks