July 22, 2014 | 2063 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

I really wanted to like this foundation but its just not up to my standard. I have a few pitted scars from previous acne. I also have combination / dry skin. This foundation really made these issues A LOT more obvious! If you like to use a powder for extra coverage, it will look cakey and make scarring and hyperpigmentation stand out. I also found that bronzer and blush did not blend well as Doublewear has very little working time. It did stay on all day however it looked awful. PLEASE NOTE: if you decide to buy this foundation you will need more than just a water soluble cleanser to remove it. A makeup remover + cleanser will do the trick! Good luck ladies.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Jessica100x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will never ever use another foundation, the coverage is just out of this world, and the Finnish is just amazing. I don't have bad skin, however it's far from perfect, I have red cheeks dark circles, and my cheeks have an uneven texture, with this foundation it looks perfect, and.....it does not move, or get shiny which happens to me allot, my foundation looks crap after 3 hours, you can see it lifting of the skin along with bronzing powder and blush going patchy. I am guaranteed all day wear with no touch ups. For days when my skin was feeling dehydrated or not at it's best I use the nars SPF 15 primer, this basically embalmed any dry areas I had so the foundation would smooth over my skin evenly, when I did not use this I could clearly see the foundation and it stuck to lines I never knew I had, this resolved it 100 percent. However with very dry skin i dont know what this foundation would be like! The only thing is I feel the colour needs to be exact, if it's not then it has a tendency to look very grey , if the colour is not right, the foundation will not even look close to how amazing it is suppose to, so make sure you get samples of at least 3 different colours before you buy! The foundation dries very quickly so u have to work quickly with it, if you miss a spot ( easily done under the chin ) you will not be able to even it out! I found this best applied with hands, warm product in finger tips for 15 seconds and it glides on, it feels like this application thins the texture so goes on easier. Must try!!! Will never leave this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Camaliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It is a full coverage foundation and it is very long lasting. I use this foundation daily, and I found that the best way to apply it is to mix it with a small amount of moisturizer and to apply it with a flat top kabuki brush,

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Carollyn123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation (I have used mostly low end brands such as Maybelline and Revlon) and I came across this. I use the 3W1 in Tawny.

Pros: Coverage is great! You don't need much product for a full coverage face. It takes me about 3-4 months to finish one bottle, and I use it daily. Doesn't make me break out. Great finish.

Cons: Packaging - I had to purchase a MAC pump (which fits perfectly if you just trim the end of the stem), so I can get the perfect amount every time. Colours - I do wish that their range had some more yellow based colours, as their "yellow" range is still a little too pink for me, but I can correct this easily with some powder on top.

At AUD50, it is on the pricier side of foundations but still affordable considering how long it lasts. Plus, there are always promotions on the Estee Lauder website with % off or gifts with purchase, so that's a plus.

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really not a fan of this! I have slightly oily and acne prone skin. Had it for months and I just can't make it work for me whatever I try, its just soooo cakey!( I always use a heavy good moisturiser underneath) Tried a stippling brush, fingers, normal foundation brush and with decent primers still looks waay too cakey and unnaturual. The only way It looks okay is with a damp sponge but then the coverage is too sheer, when I like quite a heavy base. The packaging sucks it gets so messy too quickly and not keen on the smell. It costs so much money ( £26 ) so I'm trying so hard to make it work! Hopefully I'll be able to update this more positive if I manage to find a way to get this to work! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kaylamarie1230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE my Double Wear. I have somewhat acne-prone skin as well as some uneven skin tone due to acne marks and too much time in the sun without sunblock. This foundation covers it all! I was a devoted BareMinerals user because it's so healthy for your skin and was VERY skeptical (to say the least) about trying this liquid foundation. But since I've been using it everyone has been giving me compliments on my skin (what BareMinerals claims you will receive from their products). I haven't had any problems with break outs (except the usual menstrual here and there) and this literally lasts ALL DAY! For those who have issues with all the foundation not completely coming off with your makeup remover, I suggest you try Estee Lauder's "Take It Away" total makeup remover and follow up with their "Perfectly Clean" splash away foaming cleanser. I'm in love with these products. Bravo, Estee Lauder!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by xxjoyaax3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's good

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by dianeng

I really wanted to love this product. I read all the reviews and they all seem so good. Unfortunately, I think this is breaking me out badly. I thought maybe it was the cleansing part so I tried both oil and milk to see which works best. Either way I still broke out. And I haven't gotten these big swollen acne in a while. I'm half in denial 'cause the coverage is lovely. The other foundation I use is Revlon color stay whipped creme. I think I might be reverting back to that. It causes mild clogs but nothing so serious as this. Seems like I'm still in search of a good liquid foundation...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i was recommended this product by a friend who also has acne scares and acne prone/oily skin. i LOVE the coverage. super thick and will hide all blemishes and scars. the color match me perfect. love it. i am pretty sure this what was causes me to break out though.. had to ditch it for thaat reason but i am still not a hundred percent sure this was the problem... so i give it an overal 4. costs about $36 CAD.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by lolle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll start with a bit of background to my skin. I have rather dry skin, have 'alright' condition skin (used to be good but Liz Earle ruined that - don't even get me started). I get a few spots but my main problem is redness. I've seen fellow dry-skin people complain about this because of their dry skin and I can see why. It is a very thick foundation and because it is so long wear it dries rather fast, which is double irritating on dry skin because we have to work at the speed of light. But I honestly love this foundation! I feel like if you moisturise well before hand, or use a good moisturising primer (cannot say enough good things about Loreal Magic Lumi primer btw), then your skin doesn't look dry at all! I don't really NEED heavy coverage everyday so I don't wear this everyday. I have found that starting with a light base and adding this as a kind of 'concealer' is a good way to use it too. All in all, I think the coverage of this is great and the lasting power is great. I can't comment on price because I got this from a CCO rather cheap, but if you can get near a CCO I would recommend getting it! Also, don't know if anyone has mentioned the smell, but the first thing I thought is that it smells just like paint!! This will probably bother a lot of people, in fact my mum hates it. But, I am not picky with smells I get used to them very quickly, and I actually rather like the smell of this...!