April 25, 2014 | 1129 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so upset that this is discontinued.. I absolutely love it! It is genius, I love that it doubles as a cleanser and a mask. It makes my skin feel wonderful. My face is so much less oily the next day, even in Texas heat. I am on a mission to go out and find these babies before they disappear!

However, if you have acne-prone skin, I do not recommend this. My sister tried it out recently and she broke out like crazy. It just goes to show how different people's skin can be!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by spicedchaiprincess

Ok so this is discontinued now but I was able to grab the last one on the shelf at walmart recently so if you wanna try it out, i'd recommend you hurry out there and get it before its gone.

Now, i bought this product based on the great reviews here. i had mild acne but then i started using proactiv which made it horrible. i dont know if it was the BP in proactiv but my skin was in pain after using that. i decided to try this to clear up my horrible breakouts caused by proactiv. it has BP in it also but only 3.5% which I thought would mean its less agressive.

I've only used this a few times so I cant give the best review but i just wanted to say my experience so far. This stuff makes my skin SO itchy. ive never used anything that made my face itch before this. it sucks because my face (particularly my jawline) itches like crazy constantly.. its so annoying and painful! im still using this product waiting to see if it will do anything for my acne but so far the only thing its done is aggravated my skin.

p.s i wanted to love it, seriously. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by avantgardelovers

this stuff saved my skin
pea sized amount in the morning
pea sized amount in the evening
use too much it will dry out or irritate your skin
but use it with a light hand and it'll clear up cystic acne!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favorite drugstore acne treatment. It's not the world's greatest cleanser in terms of removing make-up and other gunk from your face, but if you have a breakout, following up your nightly cleanse with this stuff as a mask will definitely clear it up. I use it as a mask every other night and I have seen a tremendous improvement on the texture of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a giant tube of this as insurance against breakouts this summer and I so glad I did! My skin is acne/sensitive and cannot tolerate certain anti-bacterial products, but this one has a low percentage and I rinse it off veyr very well. One of the best things about this is its' versatility.

You can spot treat, mask, or use it as a face wash. It's not foaming or anything fancy, but has a fresh, clean smell and the consistency lets me pile it on or thin it out as needed. I love this with my Clarisonic and as a mask on weekends when I get in from the pool and feel all yucky from the clorine and sun products on my face and throat. The giant tube will last a good, long time, too. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by azng4life

I really love this cleanser. When I was dying from not washing my face before freshman year, my face broke out horribly. I originally used the Oxy Maximum Strength Acne Wash which did clear my skin, but left my oily skin extremely dry and flakey. I read that you could tone down the percentage of benzoyl peroxide in your face wash and it'd still be as successful so I transitioned from 10% to the 3.5% in this cleanser. At first, I was seriously skeptical that this thing would work and read over 100 reviews to see how good it was. It payed off. My skin is really clear and I only have about 3 blemishes at a time now. Plus, the fact that it's non-foaming makes it more fitting for use with my Clarisonic.

I've used it as both a daily cleanser and mask. When using it as a mask, you really do feel a tingy cooling effect on your face, but if you leave it on for too long your face can feel really itchy. I don't suggest using it as a spot treatment because it can bleach your sheets. Once I heard that Neutrogena might be discontinuing it I was about to cry! There aren't many low percentage non-foaming BP cleansers out there and this one works so well! I bought a second one just in case, but I really hope it stays around. I almost resorted to purchasing the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap, but then realized this cleanser was SO much better because it was medicated and really cleared your pimples because of the BP.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by emelza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a mask and while I don't think it's a miracle worker, it does feel nice and I do feel like my pores are super clean. As far as it being discontinued, I don't seem to have any problems finding it in my part of the country. But if anyone is looking for a similiar cleanser with BP, try Clean and Clear Continuous Acne Wash. It has 5% BP (I believe) and comparable in price. I have had great success with it as a daily cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also think this has been discontinued and it makes me want to cry. I have never tried a cleanser with BP in it before this, and this is the ONLY thing that has helped clear up my skin as well as my Dermalogica Bedtime for Breakouts. These were the only 2 products I used and I learned that less is more...I finally had clear skin!! I went to Ulta twice and their shelf was empty for this product. Then I went to Walmart...same thing. I can't believe they are discontinuing this product! I talked to a rep for Ulta and we were trying to find a comparable cleanser to this (one with BP instead of SA which does nothing for me), and the only thing I found was DDF Acne Scrub with 2.5 BP. It is literally $30 more than the Neutrogena, but I did always wish they made it with little scrubbies like the DDF. So, if the DDF works anything like the Neutrogena, I will continue to use it. Other than that...this stuff was THE SH*T! So sad it's gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by crazzybeautiful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like that this is a creamy foamy cleanser and a mask in one!!! Nice. Works like a mud mask. :) Makes me look fresh after. I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

I really hope this isn't being discontinued, as another poster reported. Because it has a low concentration of BP, it controls my acne without making my skin too dry (a dab of facial lotion counteracts the mild flakiness). I haven't experienced any problems with premature aging yet, but that could be because I use the Neutrogena cleanser in the morning and an Olay anti-aging scrub at night. After two weeks on this combined regimen, my moderate acne has cleared up. I don't have any more pimples, with the exception of one scabbed over blemish that's in the process of healing. That's another thing: I've noticed that my blemishes heal faster when I use this cream. No more red acne scars.

Unfortunately, the BP that does such a good job of fading acne scars willl also bleach fabric. So if you do not want to ruin your nice shirts and blouses, just wash your face in the shower so that you can rinse fully before getting dressed.

Aside from that minor caveat, I have no problems with this cleanser. I plan to keep using it--or something like it--for as long as I can afford it. Although it's not as expensive as high end acne cleansers from Clinique and Proactiv, it's still a little pricey for a drug store cleanser. But it's worth every red cent!