Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Purified Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Panthenol, Glyereth-26, Sodium PCA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

on 11/16/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I only use this on my nose. Because I used this on other parts of my face and ended up with white dry patches looked like eczema so it may have been due to the fragrance. It tones well and its good as a basic toner.

on 11/15/2009 12:42:00 AM

I find this a very basic toner and one of the few that I am coming close to finishing. That said, there isn't anything special about it- it does its job of toning and prepping my skin for moisturizer. It is cheap and easy to find, and does not sting my skin or make it feel tight. I will repurchase this product!

on 11/6/2009 1:01:00 AM

Actually, I like it too.

With the dry winter weather, I have gone back to Ponds cold cream and a toner for cleaning. I'm old (haha 50) and have dry, sensitive skin.

The packaging is kinda depressing. I might have to go buy something a little pricey and refill with this!

Oh, come on, you've done this too!

on 11/6/2009 12:30:00 AM

It was alright. Nothing amazing. It takes some time to sink into my skin though. Not bad but not the greatest.

on 10/25/2009 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Just finish a bottle of this , Love it when i mix it with my clean & clear oil-controlling toner . did not have any burning effect , feels refreshed after using it . but i think if used on its own somehow , its just not enough for my skin . not the best but would still repurchase !

on 9/29/2009 8:07:00 AM

I used to use this product along with neutrogena's extra gentle cleanser and oil free moustiriser and my skin was really nice then! (I was about 14) I then for some reason, I don't know why stopped! Now I'm in minocycline and considering accutane :( Why, oh why?!

on 9/21/2009 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I find this product mediocre. It does an ok job, but I find it leaves my skin sticky. Why? Ick. No thanks.

on 9/20/2009 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't really need a toner but this came together in a set of other Neutrogena products. My face feels nice and tingly after using it. I don't know if I would recommend it to anyone though.

on 9/2/2009 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

When I was younger, I always thought oily skin needed a toner with a seriously high alcohol content to reduce all the oil. I used straight alcohol, Seabreeze (which is still soo nostalgic for me, the smell takes me back to 6th grade instantly) 10-0-6 from Bonne Belle and the like. I always felt like they were working but it was probably more from the scent than the actual product. I also prefer to use un-scented skin care products now and wanted something with little to no added scent. Flash forward about 20 years and hopefully quite a bit of skincare sense later, and I know that using something too harsh can cause rebound oiliness so that's when I started using this. It will definately still get the last vestiges of makeup and it reduces my oiliness even though the formula is very, very gentle. I like the way it makes my skin feel refreshed but not stripped. The price is good too and it's easy to find. I always have this on hand.

I tend to like Neutrogena products, but this one was average to me. I should have purchased the pore minimizer version instead. It does the job though. Removes any invisible trace of makeup left behind. I have noticed slight stickiness after using, so I have to rinse off before apply my makeup...Umm yeaaaa. I give 3 stars, being that I have used other products that work much better for me, like Witch Hazel. I will not be buying this one again.