November 27, 2014 | 1484 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh how can they sell this for sensitive acne-prone skin? HOW? So many ingredients that are comogenedic. I saw increase in breakouts when I started using this. I couldn't understand why until I saw the ingredient list. Yuck!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by kimm28

One word- amazing. I've been using this for about 4 months and i'm on to my fourth bottle. For ages i've been trying toners which have alcohol in them, including good old witchhazel - but they always made me broke out. but i've noticed that since i started using this my acne-prone, sensitive skin has been clearing up alot. It's also left my face extremely soft:)
I actually like the smell, not that if it smelt bad i wouldn't use it anyway ;) i swipe it over my face using cotton pads and i can see all the gunk it's taken off , even if i've just washed my face - somehow it'll still pick up dust and what not. I use it in the morning and in the afternoon (after face wash & face wipes) to take off makeup.
Some people have mentioned that it leaves your face sticky - it does, but i like it, haha. It acts sort of like a primer and helps my makeup stay on longer cause of the "sticky" effect. I know this must sound pretty stupid but it's true, it helps to keep my makeup on, haha.
I bought it for around $10 AUD and one bottle lasts me about a month. I think that's pretty reasonable; i'll be buying again and again and again !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

I enjoy this toner. I've used it for a few years now &have gone through several bottles. I wouldn't say it is a necessity, but my skin is very oily &dry at the same time b/c of my topical acne treatments from the derm &I find this helps to control the oil a bit &just gets that extra grime off my Cetaphil cleanser didn't get. I only use this in the morning. Lately, I've been using the Stridex pads in the red box at nite. I find the scent to be delicate, old-fashined &pleasant. It doesn't contain any infredients like salicylic acid, but thats why I like it. I use Differein, Benzaclin &those Stridex pads &I don't need anymore active ingredients on my face. It has never caused acne or dried out my skin either, but I ususally apply some jojoba oil+moisturizer afterwards. If you're looking for an inexpensive very basic toner then give this stuff a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by bueller6426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Doesn't dry, tighten, or sting skin, however it also produces no noticeable results- I have used it for a month. Refreshing and decent scent. When I run out I will look for a better one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin was always sensitive to toners containing alcohol and many that I have found that are alcohol free just have other harsh ingredients. That being said, I love Neutrogena's alcohol-free toner! It makes my skin feel very fresh when I use it and I've never felt sticky after using it. I generally only use it at night because I find that's all I need (to remove any excess makeup or dirt) and sometimes if it's really humid I'll use it to refresh and remove any excess oil in the morning after cleasning.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by daniellan83

I have very sensitive skin. I like this toner simply because it didn't break me out(like most other toners did). I don't think it does any magic really. But at least didn't do any harm to my skin as far as i can tell. So, I will keep using this unless I can find a much better alternative.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by fabulousjune

this toner left my face very sticky and cause me to break out! i found the smell wierd too

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by babycocox

I'm neutral towards this product. I like the smell, and I like that it's alcohol free, doesn't burn or sting when I put it on... I do see a slight improvement in my skin when I put it on.. But I use it sporadically because I get put off with the way it leaves my skin feeling. Don't get me wrong, it's not like nasty or anything, but when I use this toner, I get this very slight sticky feeling on my face. It's not a bad product per se, but I would not purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

Since it seems they discontinue any and every product that becomes my HG, I had to search for another alcohol-free toner to replace my beloved Nivea. L'Oreal makes one that is good, but the citrus scent began to be a little nauseating. :) My mom also tried looking for my Nivea one everywhere, but bought this Neutrogena one. :) I've only used it for about a week, but I have been pleased. It has a slight tingly feeling after you use it, but I always follow with a moisturizer, and that seems to end the tingling anyway. It won't dry your face out, and it even seems to help soothe/soften it after cleansing. I just wish the bottle wasn't so tall! It doesn't fit standing upright, in my drawer, and it just kinda feels weird to have to lay it down on its side. The opening is also not as great as Nivea, as it dispenses a lot of product quickly. All in all, a good alcohol-free toner, with barely any scent at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by connie09

This toner does what it says, it helps clean the skin of any leftover oil or makeup. My skin felt much tighter and cleaner after using it, but I feel like it did nothing for my breakouts. If you want to reduce pore size and blackheads, I think this would be a good product, because mine have reduced dramatically.