August 23, 2014 | 1092 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryshortcake21

This is my go to concealer. I have repurchased this about 6 times.

I have tried other concealers but find that they don't "stay" This concealer is long wear and lasts all day. If I have dark circles, it will cover them, if I have spots or want something to cover my acne scars, this is what I would reach for. It does its job.

It is a liquid/creamy concealer and can be a little drying. I always make sure I moisturise my skin well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a liquid concealer and has great coverage, while still looking natural. It blends in effortlessly and lasts all day long. I use this on my dark circles (which are pronounced) and it gives me a really softened look under my eyes. That said it's not thick and creamy - so it won't cover your dark circles 100%, but it will soften the overall look of them and make you look healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by carolinewknight

I have to admit I don't use this very often as the only use I have for it is to conceal dark circles - which I don't get very often anyway. I'm using in 'Light Medium' after foundation and follow with powder to set. It lasts more or less the whole day and does not look unnatural (definately doesn't turn orange as some others have complained- they probably bought the wrong shade!). As I don't use much I can see this will last forevor, which makes the price (19.00 in the UK) seem more resonable. I will re-purchase when eventually it does run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by xBrownEyedGirlxx

to be honest, i was willing to pay the very high price for this concealer expecting something better than the outcome. i am a huge fan of este lauder products, but for me this was a massive letdown. i find this concealer is extremely light whilst giving full coverage and not sinking into wrinkles under my eyes, where i use it most. it also stays put for the whole day, another great factor. when i first put this on, this was my dream concealer, something i had finally come across after years of fruitless searching. but one day, i came back home from work and looked in the mirror to find that i had two gigantic bright orange circles under my eyes! i looked like a clown! this was ridiculous, i do not ususally put much on and it matched my skin tone perfectly and loooked flawless when i left the house. i then tried to put on a much lighter, high street concealer underneath this before applying to cancel out the orange. this worked for 1 day, but the next day resulted in the bright orange patches again. i have finally worked out a routine which will stop this concealer from turning orange,but it involves a heavy primer, lots of foundation, three other concealers and loose powder. i want to use this bottle up before i switch to another concealer, but i will not be buying again, as in order for it to work, i have to cake myself in make which i would never usually wear unless clubbing, as i do not need it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This sets fairly quickly. Use a brush instead of your fingers and work fast because this sets. I really wish that there were more shades into the concealers. And you must set the concealer. I suggest Laura Mercier Secret Brightener in #2 if you are tanned skinned like me (NC42). I use shade Medium Deep.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by donatela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although my ratings are poor for this product, I have to say it's not that bad at all. I have used this for many years. It lasts very long, covers dark circles nicely and I was very happy with it until I reached 35. I have lots of fine lines now under my eyes and I believe a need a "softer" concealer. I would recommend it to a younger person with dark circles. However, Estee really needs to change the packaging: it's unhygienic and the foam tip tears up soon. So, now I'm in search for a new concealer specific for (lots of) fine lines!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

Started using this about four years ago and have repurchased twice in that time. I use it every day so works out very economical for me.

I use the 02 shade on my NC20-NC25 skin and it blends really well. Particularly good under the eye and stays put on blemishes all day without feeling heavy.

I personally hate the DW foundation, because it's way too thick but this concealer is fab

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this under my eyes and I find that it works really well. I pat a very light moisturizer (Cerave) under my eyes and then, using the wand, just tap a few dots over the circles and smooth it around. Then I set with super-duper cheap ELF HD powder and I am good to go. I don't find that it is great for covering up dark patches or spots but I do like it for under my eyes. I have tried so many, including Bobbi Brown, Lancome, Clinique, Covermark, BeneFit, drugstore, etc. but for under my eyes this is a go-to for me. Not HG, but the best I have found. Nothing covers everything.....

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by emmamcgrath

I liked this, but it wasn't amazing. There isn't a huge color range to choose from, and even though I had help from an SA, I still think the color is too light for my skin tone. The one thing I really liked about this concealer is that it really does stay-in-place! I would apply it and it wouldn't budge until I took it off. I just wish there were more colors and I'm not a huge fan of the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by annqay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a concealer to cover not only my midnight dark under eye circles but also those annoying pimples that keep coming along from time to time. It was always the same problem: either the concealer concealed the spots but was unwearable on my eyes (too drying, wrong colouring) or it worked moderately on the eyes but my spots shone more than ever. With this concealer all my problems are solved. It still is not perfect for my under eye area (I have to assume that those shadows can only be concealed by too much photoshop) but it works better than any other concealer/make up I've met so far.
For reference: I am quite fair skinned and I use no.1 which seemed too fair at first but it blends in well.