October 23, 2014 | 2067 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by annabanana5000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this as long as I've been alive (16 years.) My parents buy it, and our whole family uses it. A while ago, I decided that I was going to buy my own more expensive, frilly bath washes. This might have been the worst decision ever. Turns out I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin, I just never knew it because of how gentle Dove was. My parents once accidentally bought normal soap. Horrible, horrible stuff. My skin got that dragging feeling, and became very dry. I will never use anything but dove :) Oh, and the unscented is better than anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by linet182

Absolutely love this product. It comes in many scents so it depends on the person whether you like a heavier scent or unscented. I have been using this product since I was little. I have sensitive skin it's very gentle. I recommend this to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by tat2dfaerie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be the minority here, but this just didn't work with my skin. The fragrance was great but strong, and after I soaped up and rinsed I just couldn't feel clean. It also clogged up my razor quite a bit. Back to Ivory.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by anqa071599

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the feeling it gives me after each use. I've only one bar, but after that I found my skin softer and my pimples a bit less than it was before.

I'd really recommend this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by DieMyDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have undying love for the white dove beauty bar...this multi-tasking, money saving, wonder of a product beats all other cleansing products, as far as I'm concerned.
I love the scent of the regular white bar, and use it for my face, body, and feminine areas with no irritation, good leftovers-from-makeup-remover removal, and not the typical tight, squeaky feeling regular body and face cleansers usually leave me with. Some body washes feel like they aren't drying me out, but I find my skin itching and drying days later...not so with Dove!
If you read any of my reviews I'm always saying I have had to REALLY cut back on my beauty budget/routine so this beauty bar has been a lifesaver. Amazing for shaving, too! Super close, smooth shave...no nicks or tight skin after!
It's not as cheap as some soaps, but I couldn't use those on my face or delicate areas! So the slightly higher price is definitely worth it. Two bars of this are a quarter of the price of the cheapest face wash I used to use and works just as well. I make sure to keep my bar dry and out of direct contact with the shower spray with a good ventilated soap holder like another suggested...it lasts for a very long time.
The lather is good and rich, and cleanses really well IMO. I always smell great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ibuytoomuchmakeup

This is a review for the Dove beauty bar Sensitive skin.

Best cleanser I've used so far. Been using it for 3 years now and I'm not the type to be loyal to one product.
I haven had a breakout for 3 years as well. Only the rare pimple during finals or so.
Very inexpensive compared to other cleansers.

I also like that it's fragrance free, I like my perfumes to not be contaminated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this since I was probably a baby--everyone in my family uses this. It really is different from your normal bar of soap because it's very, very moisturizing. Sometimes I can even skip putting my lotion after this. It's also very mild that when I run out of my facial wash, I use this to wash my face and it's feels very soft and supple afterwards. And time and time again, I always go back to this soap whenever I get allergic to a bath gel or wash I'm currently using, or if I want something that'll really moisturize my skin. Love this product and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I've been using Dove beauty bars for as long as I can remember. This is the perfect soap to wash your face & body with. This is gentle on skin (especially sensitive) & doesn't leave any residue. I love this & I would never trust anything else on my skin. This is really cheap too & the soap bars last me a long time. People always ask me what products I use on my skin because my skin always looks great, & all I say is Dove & they're shocked. Who ever thought something so cheap & simple that you can get at any drugstore, would be so amazing? That just shows you not to be too quick to judge. I will buy these forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The classic (white - floral powdery scent) & cool moisture (green - cucumber & green tea scent) are my favorites. I tried all sorts of soaps & body washes from drugstore to higher end, and I keep going back to this. I always have a small stockpile in my bathroom cabinet . I use this to wash my face & body; for my face I use this after I've removed makeup with a cream makeup remover (I double cleanse), and for my body I just use it like a body wash. I find it a little too dry to shave with, but other than that it's a great cleanser that doesn't leave me feeling dry and tight. My skin seems to clear up if I use this consistently, too. I agree with previous comments that sometimes, simple is better, and this is a case where indeed a very simple product delivers good results. Non irritating, non drying and creamy, all the dove bars perform far better than some higher end soaps I've tried. If you buy a big pack on special or at costco, they're fantastically cheap, too. Being a beauty junkie, I keep trying other things, but I will continue to have a bar out in rotation. A word of warning: this is a very soft soap, so you should put it in a good soap dish that will keep the soap nice and dry after you use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this for shaving my legs. It's better than any shaving cream I've tried and my skin is always soft and smooth with no irritation. If I ever ran out of handmade soaps and such I would use this as a body wash also- and sometimes I do when I feel like it. I love this soap and always have since I was little. It smells fresh and clean, leaves you feeling nice and soft, and works well.