April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2006 1:09:00 AM More reviews by crazylazy1004

THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT I OWN, I SWEAR. WITHOUT THIS, MY EYELASHES WOULD JUST BE TARANTULA LEGS. EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THIS IN THEIR MAKE UP BAGS BECAUSE IT IS THAT ORGASMIC!

the fact that it's metal and not plastic makes the brushing action that much more precise. It separates even the tiniest lashes and it works wonders with clumps. a lot of stores don't carry this product so i suggest going to target and getting sophia kashuk's metal tooth comb instead. it's the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2006 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sarah_18

What a lifesaver! This is a must have for those who are mascara-driven. I typically don't wear mascara, but when I do, I definitely finish with this comb. As others have mentioned, yes the comb is made out of metal, and yes the individual spikes are very sharp, and yes it WILL HURT if you poke yourself with it. Make sure you take your time when combing through your lovely lashes with this. This product is definitely not something for a rushed go, and certainly not for the usual in-the-car fixup... unless you want to damage your eyes permanently. Now with that out of the way, I can't emphasize enough how much I love this. It really separates mascara-ed eyelashes and keeps them beautifully clump free. And it's only 10 bucks!! A MUST HAVE, I repeat. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 12:52:00 AM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

How did I ever surive as a makeup-wearing adult without this thing!?! It is brilliant! I apply my mascara, then comb though lightly with the Tweezerman lash comb. My lashes end up perfectly separated and clump-free - beautifuly, fringe-y lashes! It is very quick to do, and the few seconds this extra step takes makes a huge difference. One caveat: *Must be careful* with this thing. It is easy to poke yourself in the eye with it, and since it is metal and the ends are pointy and sharp, it hurts like *#!# when it happens (it hurt like that for a couple days after I did it, but thank goodness I didn't do any actual damage to my eye). I am now very, very careful with it, it does have the potential to be dangerous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

What everyone else said. You can use the lumpiest, clumpiest, most ancient mascara you own, and a few swipes of the Tweezerman will make your lashes look naturally gorgeous. (Not that I recommend you actually do this. I'm just sayin' is all.) If you're thinking of trying the new breed of ultra-thickening mascaras like Lancome Fatale, L'Oreal Volume Shocking, etc, you need this or else you will end up with a goopy mess. Also helps prevent the "windblown" look where all your lashes are pointing in the same direction. Absolutely does not compare to cheapy plastic combs. A staple in my makeup bag. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2006 7:16:00 PM More reviews by stephanie32082

I've been interested in trying a lash comb for a while because no matter what mascara I use, I can never really get the nice seperated lash look. I though I'd just buy a cheap plastic one but after consulting MUA, I realized the metal one was the way to go. So I picked this up at my local drug store for $9.99 CDN and I've never looked back.

It's true what others have said, I think this could make the most basic or crappy mascara look nice. It's a bonus that its a lifetime guarantee.

Also, I think its really important to clean this brush after every use - at least wipe it clean with a tissue. Totally worth the price and the design is really good - you can fold the comb down so you can travel with it if you want but the bottom line is folding it keeps the teeth safe and clean. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I discovered this I was using a GWP plastic Estee Lauder lash comb, boy was it a pain to clean, impossible in fact, and it became totally useless after a few uses. I happened to read in a magazine that metal lash combs are best to de-clump lashes, so the next time I was at Ulta I grabbed the first one I saw, which was this one. It's so handy and easy to tote around, I like that the comb folds, covering those lethally needle-sharp teeth (my friends call this lash comb a torture-device due to these) making it much safer to have in your pocket or purse. This makes even the crappiest mascara look halfway decent. Say goodbye to gloopy, spider-leg, stuck together lashes, and hello to clean, beautiful, separated lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jillian980

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I think every woman should be required to own one of these, they make life so much easier! They make mascara look so much better, I can't believe I went around with clumps for so many years! It's very easy to use and clean, but do be careful because the teeth are very very sharp.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

my mascara usually clumps so this has been a life saver!!! it gives me that "fanned" look since it goes through the eyelashes with ease....every girl that has mascara clump problems should get this! and its pretty inexpensive too...better than SK's version, and roughly around the same price

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why I ever ignored this item in the store. I just got one that folds in itself for travel and keeps the metal combs from being ruined. Tweezerman always think ahead when they make their products. This lash comb is superior to those plastic lash combs that break and end up getting clumpy from mascara. It seperates my lashes without any tugging and virtually no effort on my part. You do have to be careful you don't poke your eye with these as that could cause damage, so go slowly. It's easy to wash too. I don't go near the base of my eye, but rather halfway and then wiggle it back and forth and pull upwards. My lashes look clean and seperated instead of clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Kandinsky

This comb is terrifying looking- the ends of safety pins definitely comes to mind. However, it is the best lash comb on the market and you can't beat the price- I got mine for $6 at Sally Beauty. Plus, the head folds into the handle which makes it a bit safer. AMAZING job at getting even small clumps, and it also fans lashes out for a beautiful effect. I was so bitter about mascaras that seemed to have great formulas except they would clump like crazy on my straight, downward pointed lashes. This lash comb gets clumps, separates, and enhances lashes so now it really doesn't matter what mascara I use- there are no clumps! As for my technique- hold at base of lashes and blink or sometimes (for bigger clumps) I'll hold it at the base of my lashes then gently sweep the comb upwards. Would I rebuy? Already have after I lost my first one.