December 20, 2014 | 1422 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by scrowell

Tried this, and didn't love it. I hear so many people saying it was too yellow for them, well girls use it to set the undereye area, this is very yellow indeed but for the undereye area its perfect. Its yellow so its correcting and brightens SO well, gives the Kim K affect! This was very messy and chalky for me, so I bit the bullet and bought Bobbi Browns pale yellow, which is more finely milled and silky-er. I found that it lasted longer, too! :) So if this didnt work, try Bobbi Browns pale yellow loose powder!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am happy this product is working for so many of you but unfortunately, this breaks me out.
I was really looking for a good blot powder to replace by MAC blot but this irritated my skin and broke me out :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by jaybee11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought both this, and the neutral set powder since they both have different ingredients, (one with the antipersperant) and wanted to use both so found out I could get even better oil control by mixing 1 part each of the ben nye neutral powder, the banana visage, and pure silica powder (coastal scents) in a sephora sifter and VOILA the most amazing long lasting HD finish ever! Until now I've been using the prep and prime translucent by MAC for the longest time because I felt nothing could compare, well now this is even better! You can even apply it liberally without it showing at all, mixing the yellow with the white tones down the yellowness for those who feel it's too yellow, and seriously the quality can't be beat. HTH someone because you guys should really combining the 3!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by float

It's an amazing product, Love the quality and also the price.
I apply this with a powder puff and then a little bit of Neutral set with 182, and it last for a long time (No shine!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love! This suits my skin tone perfectly and gives me a lovely finish. I cannot believe I did not purchase this sooner. I've tried so many setting loose powders and they were all alright BUT this is so darn good (in my opinion). I have oily skin and my oil is under control for a few hours, which is good since I usually have to blot within 30 mins. Love!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by EncantadaX2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I love Ben Nye Neutralizers, Concealers and Foundations (really *really* love) this powder left a lot to be desire. I do not know if is something I do, like applying it somehow that does not give justice to the product or the shade, but it just makes me look yellow. I know I should have suspected this by reading the name of the product but I also use Mellow Yellow concealer and that doesn't give me a yellow finish. The pros of this is that it's a lot of product for your $, and a little bit goes a long way. The cons: It makes me look yellow and also I realized that my blush oxidize a lot when using this (It started to make them kind of purplish, even the peachy ones) Anyway, I'm going back to what I use before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great translucent powder for everyday use! I have brown/tan skin (NC42 for reference) and white powders can look a bit ashy on me.
...
This powder isn't heavy, so it doesn't look cake-y. It offers a natural satin finish, rather than a flat matte look. If you're looking for something heavy, this might not be for you, but you definitely can build it up by adding another layer.
...
This product is also great value for money! You get 1.5 ounces (42 grams) of product for a very reasonable price. Almost all powders (both loose and compact) only have about 0.3 ounces or about 10 grams of product, including "large" jars. Check the back of your powders and see for yourself!
...
As for the cons...the packaging is a bit disappointing. The lid is about the size of a quarter and is way too small to swirl your brush into. I ended up buying an empty sifter jar to transfer a little bit of the product into at a time. Way less messy this way.
...
Another con is that this tends to irritate my eyes a little, especially the inner corners. I don't know if it's because I wear contacts. It's annoying, but I still use the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Siham89

For reference i'm an NC20, NC 25 in mac foundation.

I bought two of the big bottles of the banana powder and 1 of the neutral set. I've never liked powder on top of my foundation, NEVER.
I hate the white cast, the powdery look (especially when setting with spray, I would have a lot of splotches) or the way it changed the color of my foundation.. I hated it!
I then tried the Ben nye loose powders and I absolutely LOVE it!
And this is coming from somebody who absolutely hates powder on the face! I've tried many different ones being a make up artist and searching for the "perfect" loose/translucent powder.

I use the ben nye loose/translucent powders in my make up kit for clients.. I never thought I'd find a powder that I would love tIhis much..
My concealer would always crease and set into fine lines and I would end up taking it off because it grosses me out..

Last night I was at a wedding, I applied my foundation and concealer at 5 o'clock in the midday and my foundation and concealer looked almost exactly the same as when I applied it at 2 o'clock midnight.. My concealer didn't even crease! It settled into one line or so but OMG was I amazed..

When I first used the powder I packed on a lot and directly put it on my face. My whole face was yellow! Then I tried again and soaked the puff into the powder, tap'ed the excess off on the back off my hand and then pressed and rolled it into the skin.. My face looked flawless!
I used the dampened sponge and applied the neutral set under my eyes to set the concealer. I loved the finish and my concealer wasn't able to move even if it would want to..

The powder is sooo finely mild that it works awesome with a dampened sponge. I've put a thick layer of concealer under my eyes (triangle shape) with a thick concealer (coastal scents 10 piece camouflage concealer palette (HG) ) and set it with this powder.. I LOVE BEN NYE LOOSE POWDERS! I'll purchase them all!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by karenzeller8

I bought the banana color for this powder and it sets your makeup and has a very smooth fine finish. Very reasonably priced, and gives you a healthy afterglow. Matches those with yellow undertones incredibly well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Super quality powder

I was surprised that it's so difficult to find reviews on this powder. It's very finely milled and absorbs oil better than any other powder I've used. I have this in about 5 different shades....it may seem like over-kill but I'll explain how I use it to correct off-color (i.e. cheap) foundations.

I use the Neutral Set (Colorless Face Powder) to set all of my makeup and powders. This stuff absorbs in the skin and has no chalky residue. This powder is my go to oil blaster in the summer.

I use the Banana Viasge Powder in a similiar manner as the Neutral Set, but this one gives me face a touch of warmth. The color absorbs beautifully and doesn't look 'yellow', it just soaks up the oils, sets my concealer/foundation and adds a warm glow. I love this stuff!

I also have Coco-Tan, Chestnut and Sienna. These three are brown shades with different undertones. Chestnut is pretty much an exact match to my skintone. Coco-Tan has a slight orange undertone and Sienna has a more reddish undertone. Chestnut is in between.

While I can wear each of these powders over my foundations and still look great, I find that I can use them to counteract any foundations that have funky undertones when I apply them. For example, L'Oreal True Match foundations leave a weird greyish undertone on me....even when I set it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish or other powders. But when I set it with my Ben Nye powder in Sienna, it balances out the chalky grey tones and leaves me with a nice finish.

I can't say enough about these powders. I love them. You get 1.75 oz/49 gm. for pennies compared to Smashbox or MAC products. I only paid $3.75 for the tinted powders and $4.25 for the Neutral and Banana Visage powders!!! These can be purchased at most theatrical stage shops/costume shops or you can order online. I found a fantastic website for a wonderful company in Wisconsin that carries a wide variety of Ben Nye Products.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No