September 30, 2014 | 1863 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Super quality powder

I was surprised that it's so difficult to find reviews on this powder. It's very finely milled and absorbs oil better than any other powder I've used. I have this in about 5 different shades....it may seem like over-kill but I'll explain how I use it to correct off-color (i.e. cheap) foundations.

I use the Neutral Set (Colorless Face Powder) to set all of my makeup and powders. This stuff absorbs in the skin and has no chalky residue. This powder is my go to oil blaster in the summer.

I use the Banana Viasge Powder in a similiar manner as the Neutral Set, but this one gives me face a touch of warmth. The color absorbs beautifully and doesn't look 'yellow', it just soaks up the oils, sets my concealer/foundation and adds a warm glow. I love this stuff!

I also have Coco-Tan, Chestnut and Sienna. These three are brown shades with different undertones. Chestnut is pretty much an exact match to my skintone. Coco-Tan has a slight orange undertone and Sienna has a more reddish undertone. Chestnut is in between.

While I can wear each of these powders over my foundations and still look great, I find that I can use them to counteract any foundations that have funky undertones when I apply them. For example, L'Oreal True Match foundations leave a weird greyish undertone on me....even when I set it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish or other powders. But when I set it with my Ben Nye powder in Sienna, it balances out the chalky grey tones and leaves me with a nice finish.

I can't say enough about these powders. I love them. You get 1.75 oz/49 gm. for pennies compared to Smashbox or MAC products. I only paid $3.75 for the tinted powders and $4.25 for the Neutral and Banana Visage powders!!! These can be purchased at most theatrical stage shops/costume shops or you can order online. I found a fantastic website for a wonderful company in Wisconsin that carries a wide variety of Ben Nye Products.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this from a theatre supply store during one of my special effects makeup hauls (at the recomendation of someone on the MU board). I have oily skin, and I always set with a translucent powder (typically MAC P&P translucent, which can give a white-ish cast). I must say that I am VERY impressed with this stuff! The powder has just a very slight yellow tint to it, which makes your face "glow" and prevents the white-ish cast that can happen with other translucent powders. This powder is very finely milled and dosen't look cakey, and is super easy to blend. I usually use this after I have contoured by face, and this just seamlessly blends everything together. You get a lot of powder for a small amount of money (I paid $11 for a 3oz bottle). The packaging is a shaker top with a small lid, so like others below it can be somewhat messy. This is a much better product from the MAC P&P Translucent, and a great value. Will definately repurchase again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

I purchased this after using the Ben Nye Banana Visage powder (which I love slightly apply over MAC's Studio Fix Powder for a finished look) ..... I have always loved translucent powders under the eyes and slightly all over the face (applied with a fluffy powder brush) they brighten perfectly and look amazing in photo's- without leaving a white cast ( I take pictures to make sure!) Prior to this, I was using MAC's Prep + Prime powder- it lasted me 3 years, but I wanted to try something new. This is so much more better then MAC's Translucent powder. Firstly, this seems much more softer and blendable- and the result is an airbrushed look. I remember after I took photo's after using this the first time, and my skin looked like it was photoshopped :-) I am so happy I purchased this, its a great product- and its also reasonably priced for the huge amount you get. The only con is the packaging- its slightly messy, but nothing bothersome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

There are only two setting powders out there that I love, and that have been my Holy Grails for quite some time- MAC Studio Fix Powder, and Ben Nye's Banana Visage Powder. I absoultely adore Studio Fix for many reasons- and I like to use the Banana Visage over my MAC Studio Fix Powder, it kind of makes Studio Fix look a little more like skin, and gives me this really nice glow. I only need a teeny, tiny amount of this to see any coverage- and the outcome is what is the perfect matte, flawless finish. I just set my powders with MAC Fix + Spray and my foundation is set for a full day. My favorite thing about the Banana Visage powder is the yellow undertone. I'm NC20 with a slight yellow tone- and this is the only other powder (other then Studio Fix) that doesn't have a gray undertone to it. All these powders are a fantastic price- I purchase mine for only $6.99 which is fabulous for the amount of powder that is in the package. I plan to purchase the Neutral Set for under my eyes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by missprettybrown

I love these powders... I have the coco tan, the neutral set colorless face powder and the banana visage poudre.... All great to me and the prices are very reasonable. We had to have these items for a makeup artist class i took in Atlanta.... These are great products for anyone and any makeup artist kit.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by unlitbutonfire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! I purchased from the only costume store that carries this in Honolulu. I got the loose powder ($8.99)and fortunately I was able to get a hold of a banana pudre compacte $10.99) as well! I use this powder to set my Graftobian hd cream foundation. I use the Graftobian Warm Palette #2 and I am about a NC42 in MAC.
This the best setting powder I have used so far; does not look ashy or change the color of my foundation. Just use a velour puff and press & roll to set my foundation. My skin looks fabulous pratically all day; only need to retouch with the compact powder once in the evening! I have very sensitive combo skin and slightly oily around the nose area.
No breakouts...........so far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently learn the importance of setting my makeup/ foundation. Part of my reluctance of dusting some powder after liquid foundation is to avoid looking too powdery/ mask like.

Ben Nye is perfect for setting liquid foundation. Very light and discreet because the texture is really fine, they set the make up, even it out and give the complexion a matte and natural finish.

The price is unbeatable and it works as well as MUFE's loose powder which I've tried in the past ( but costs 3X more!!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by romarin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted a less expensive alternative to T. LeClerc's Banane. I am SO glad I did!. This is wonderful, fine, translucent powder that will combat any redness. It just looks sheer and beautiful, while hiding flaws, yet not settling into wrinkles. It comes in a plastic bottle with a shaker top. 3 oz. cost me $10.00. What a deal!.
Ben Nye is sorely overlooked for everyday make up needs. The products are high quality and affordable, and come in many shades. I have ordered online, but discovered a stage equipment store in Chicago that carried it. The place was very simple, but the people were SO nice, and they gave me a catalog too.
I have many of their eye shadows and some blushes too. They are all excellent. GO BEN NYE!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Doubleshot70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a professional powder targeted towards make up artists,it can be purchased from professional outlets.This is an extremely fine gradient of powder almost pharmaceutical.It is a similar to T Le Clerc,but much fairer in price.When purchasing a professional product,it is best to learn its uses and application as I do detest top products gaining bad publicity.This product runs on par with R.C.M.A another professional company that targets make up artists.Some sifted rice powder comes in handy when using these products,just for any correcting.
This powder works well in conjunction with Ben Nye foundations especially the Shinsei and Ciniora series.These are foundations that will provide true to skin results,apply the powder and you will have a high polished up look.Personally I prefer the RCMA,it has the edge over a fraction and is a product that has been in the industry for years.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by TinyForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best setting powder used so far and great value for money!!

Edit: After using this for a week became unsure about it and didn't control my shine.