July 26, 2014 | 1793 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently learn the importance of setting my makeup/ foundation. Part of my reluctance of dusting some powder after liquid foundation is to avoid looking too powdery/ mask like.

Ben Nye is perfect for setting liquid foundation. Very light and discreet because the texture is really fine, they set the make up, even it out and give the complexion a matte and natural finish.

The price is unbeatable and it works as well as MUFE's loose powder which I've tried in the past ( but costs 3X more!!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by romarin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted a less expensive alternative to T. LeClerc's Banane. I am SO glad I did!. This is wonderful, fine, translucent powder that will combat any redness. It just looks sheer and beautiful, while hiding flaws, yet not settling into wrinkles. It comes in a plastic bottle with a shaker top. 3 oz. cost me $10.00. What a deal!.
Ben Nye is sorely overlooked for everyday make up needs. The products are high quality and affordable, and come in many shades. I have ordered online, but discovered a stage equipment store in Chicago that carried it. The place was very simple, but the people were SO nice, and they gave me a catalog too.
I have many of their eye shadows and some blushes too. They are all excellent. GO BEN NYE!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Doubleshot70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a professional powder targeted towards make up artists,it can be purchased from professional outlets.This is an extremely fine gradient of powder almost pharmaceutical.It is a similar to T Le Clerc,but much fairer in price.When purchasing a professional product,it is best to learn its uses and application as I do detest top products gaining bad publicity.This product runs on par with R.C.M.A another professional company that targets make up artists.Some sifted rice powder comes in handy when using these products,just for any correcting.
This powder works well in conjunction with Ben Nye foundations especially the Shinsei and Ciniora series.These are foundations that will provide true to skin results,apply the powder and you will have a high polished up look.Personally I prefer the RCMA,it has the edge over a fraction and is a product that has been in the industry for years.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by TinyForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best setting powder used so far and great value for money!!

Edit: After using this for a week became unsure about it and didn't control my shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love, love! This is such an inexpensive powder that provides such great benefits. I'm nc30/35 and this sets my liquid foundation beautifully. Yes the packaging is not the best, but it gets the job done so I can overlook that. I pour a little into a container, & mix it with a tiny bit of kryolan anti-shine powder (oily skin). I than get some product on a puff and do the "press & roll" method onto my face lightly all over. Than I take a large powder brush and dust off the excess.
With the combo of this powder & anti-shine, i literally don't have to blot until the end of the day. Love it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by vayalios

Packaging is not great, but there is no need to spend more money on a high end product. It works great for the face. For the under eye area I prefer the neutral one, this one might end up looking cakey. I am NC 30 and find this is great to set my makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product with the expectation that it would give my NC15 complexion a slight boost or "glow." The powder itself was a bit difficult to blend, and I found that you have to apply it very carefully (and with a light hand!) to avoid looking cakey or patchy. The color, unfortunately, was a bit too yellow for my fair skin and the result appeared somewhat sallow. Of course, I have pink undertones naturally, so I suspect this would work much better for someone with yellow undertones. The packaging was difficult to work with, and I ended up having to pour the product into an empty MAC compact. I don't necessarily think this product is worth a negative review, however, I wasn't that impressed. I was hoping this would work, but I'll be sticking with my MAC blot powder in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

my HG loose powder! I use this to set my foundation and concealer. I just love how it prevents it from creasing and fading.

for my full review and swatches of the banana visage & neutral set:

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

You have to use this very sparingly, if you use too much you will look scaly.

Best powder I have ever used to set my foundation. Translucent powders give me a white cast because I have very strong yellow undertones. This doesn't! Plus the bottle will last forever. Seriously.

$7 for 1.5 oz on makeupmania.com

EDIT: can't help it but I end up looking scaly... grr. So this only gets a 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by RawCreoleGoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder! I'm a NC 45 and I use this to set my foundation. I use it to take the shine off of Mac's MSF in dark.

I also use this when I am just wearing concealer to set it. Works Perfectly.

Not expensive at all. I had to find it on ebay. It comes in a talc shaker bottle and I just shake it onto a tissue.

A great value and I this is a STAPLE of mine.