MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yes, this brush is very versatile and can apply color all over the lid, blend, and add highlight, but I feel like other similar brushes can work just as well. I got this particular brush because I am building my MAC makeup brush collection. So if you are doing the same, then this brush is a staple. But if you are just starting with makeup or aren't into makeup as much, the same style brush can be found for a much cheaper price elsewhere.

on 7/10/2010 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Definitely a must have brush. The bristols of this brush are stiff which allows you to create a shape you want. It also packs the right amount of color. A fluffier brush would be difficult because the flimsiness won't help make a good shape. Get this brush if you have the chance.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

the go to brush for eye shadow placement!!! also love the white goat hair for cleaning purposes. this picks up color really well and holds it so there's no fallout. definitely gonna be buying a backup (2 if i had the money).

on 7/5/2010 5:01:00 AM

This is a fantastic brush for packing on colour.

Positives: Does not shed, packs on colour like nothing else, holds its shape exceptionally well, can be used to cut the crease if no other brushes available, stiff and tapered which helps in picking up the e/s.

Negatives: MAC brushes are expensive. You can't have enough of these brushes! I'm constantly needing to clean mine because I use so many different colours on it! (Not that this is really a negative, its just hard to have many because of the price.)

Despite the price, you really are getting value for money because MAC brushes last and last if you take care of them properly.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Love this brush! It's perfect for applying eyeshadow to the lids. It also works well on the browbone if you use only the tip of the brush. It applys glittery shadow amazingly well also, you won't have sparkles all-over your face with this brush! Love it. It has never shedded a single hair for me and is super easy to clean.

on 6/27/2010 4:44:00 PM

Another Great One! I use this one everyday, really packs on eyeshadow, evenly. Would definitely buy again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great brush for someone who doesn't have any other MAC brushes. The bristles are soft, and it really packs on color. It's great at multitasking & is a must have. The price might scare off some, but it's worth it.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This brush was my first ever MAC brush. My cousin gave it to me for my birthday and I was sooo amazed with the application. I was using the ELF professional eyeshadow brush before and it does not even compare. It packs on color like no other. I use it to put all over the lid, highlight, outter corner and sometimes even on my bottom lash line.

I looove this brush so much. I put that I would repurchase, but I don't feel the need because I know this brush will last me for a long, long time.

on 6/9/2010 12:05:00 PM

This is a really really great brush!
Soooo exceptional to the other brushes I have from other brands. The uneveness of the bristles on this brush makes grabbing the eye shadow so easily and than packing the color to the eyelid with so minimal fallout and most of the time no fallout at all! Just by tapping the brush rids of excess eye shadow and than I can use it again with a different shade. I'm so satisfied to have bought this based on MUA Reviews considering this is the first time I even got to use one. :):):)

on 6/7/2010 6:29:00 PM

This is a perfect eyeshadow brush, I could never really apply eyeshadow until I discovered it. This brush is magic, I think I'm gonna buy 3... 5 stars for sure

Video Reviews & Tutorials