Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

on 11/28/2012 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this perfume, but I want to love it! Especially for the price.. I think I paid around $80 for it. It's a very girly smell, but it tends to fade after about three hours. So that's a downfall for me, and I'm not sure if it's just my body chemistry that makes it fade. The packaging is very beautiful, and it looks great on my vanity.

Overall: The scent is very nice and the packaging is awesome, but I would suggest layering it with a similar scent if you are prone to scents fading on you.

Cheyenne

on 11/28/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i love me sum coco mademoisell its second to Chanel #5 just cant get enuff of chanel fragrances

on 11/25/2012 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine

This is my all time favourite fragrance. Chanel and I have great chemistry. All her fragrances work well on me. Not all perfumes do. North American fragrance is very bitter on me! Aren't I lucky I have to buy French perfume. I love the magic of the Oriental spices. Rose, jasmine, patchouli, vetiver, vanilla and white musk. Yummy. A real mood
setter and not the for office. Use it with a light hand, it is strong and still smells delicious
the next morning. Put in on at least 30 minutes before you go out. Coco M. needs times to settle down to a perfect note before going public. The long lasting life of all Chanel EDT makes the price bearable,in the bottle and on the body. My bottle is at least 3 years old and still good as new.
Spray it on yourself in the store, walk around the mall for 20 minutes then sniff it. Do not rub it. That is the real scent. Not on a paper card. Fragrance needs your skin to marinate and reflect your personal chemistry.Coco Chanel was an amazing woman. A rule breaker and a trendsetter. Read about her. And enjoy her legacy.

on 11/21/2012 9:58:00 PM

I love to smell good, but I'm not the kind of girl that alway has high-end perfume. I'm usually alright with a body spray, although the smell wears off pretty quickly. I sprayed this perfume as a tester last week, and I couldn't shake the feeling to literally run back to the store to purchase this amazing perfume.

I saw someone on this site who commented about how 'the perfume doesn't last', which is ridiculous. I sprayed the tester and went out that night with girlfriends... the next day (after 3 bars and one dance club) my scarf still smelled like Coco.

I'm sure some would disagree, but I would almost describe this smell as a deep, musky, sexually powerful smell - this fragrance is so representative of a strong, markedly attractive woman. It makes me feel powerful - I absolutely love it.

Until something as distinguished presents itself on the market, I have found my scent. Oh PS - yes, I did, in fact, run back to the store and purchase it :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

If I had to title this review, I'd title it "Ms. Not Enough Personality".

I smelled this perfume at Ulta a little earlier today. I swatched it on freshly showered, bare wrist before smelling anything else. Let me just interject here and say I really REEEEALLY want to LOVE this perfume. I love the ad campaign. I love Keira Knightely. I love florals and I hate that Justin Beiber loving, middle school smell. This supposedly "grown up" but young lady fragrance would be right up my alley.

But, when I smelled this, it smells like NOTHING. Literally, the burst is a smell, but it smells like "nothing". Not like fresh air, oxygen, rather just like air. It's like breathing. Uneventful. 10 minutes later, okay, I get some floral. But where's the VavavaVOOM? I got a little Va, and then it got tired.

This would be a great office perfume, you won't ever offend anyone wearing it. It's a light take on heavy florals. However, this isn't a date-night fragrance, or a club scent. If a guy even NOTICES you have this on... well that's irrelevant, because he wouldn't notice.

I just sniffed my arm about three hours after application. Where's the drydown? It's like it evaporated. At this point, I'm wondering (slash praying) I smelled the EDT by accident... which is possible.

Overall, you know those relationships where one person is WAY more into it than the other person? That's what this perfume is like. I want to love CocoM, but it's just not doing its part here.

It is the most ever lasting perfume! I just LOVE IT! it is fresh, has orange and orange blossom, I get Eau De Parfum usually as they smell different - Eau de toilette and Parfume. It has vanilla and patchouli, orange and rose, very elegant and fresh perfume. EXPENSIVE<<< $115.00 in Nordstrom

on 11/14/2012 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wasn't sure about trying Coco Mademoiselle, having long been a devotee of No 19 and No 5, but the Chanel sales assistant persuaded me to try a sample of the Eau de Parfum. Well! Never have I had so many compliments on my fragrance in so short a time! My DH, who *never* notices anything and is pretty much perfume-blind, said "Mmmm - you smell nice!", a delivery person admired it when I answered the door, and a number of other friends (men and women) did so too. All in one day. I was amazed.

Do I like it? Yes I do. Not sure it'll become my signature scent (though maybe it *should*, after all those compliments!), but I do like its mix of floral and musky. It's not overpowering, and has something enigmatic about it: feminine but not girly.

Will definitely buy again, once this bottle runs out. Whenever that is... it lasts really well, and I recommend being careful not to spray too much of it or it could take your breath away!

on 11/12/2012 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My current go-to, signature scent.

This is the most approachable of the Chanel line. Grown up, but with a freshness.

on 11/7/2012 11:14:00 PM

This scent is one of my favourite scents to wear out in the evening when I am all dressed up.

I personally find it too heavy/rich to wear on hot summer days, but find I can wear it at any time during the day in cool weather.

For me it evokes imagery of luxury, part the scent and part wearing Chanel. The slight muskiness to the floral nature of the perfume adds to the decadence.

The bottle is a beautiful design and looks feminine and chic on the side in my bathroom.

on 10/29/2012 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Got half a bottle of Coco M from a friend as a handmedown since she was moving abroad and couldn't take all her perfumes with her. I must say I was blown away. It worked on sunny days as well as on grey autumn days for me - it changed its characted like a chameleon and adjusted to the settings: on a warm day it was incredibly fresh and upbeat, with the citrusy zest and lost of sparkle, and in colder temperatures I could feel the oh-so-much-needed spice surfacing and bringing the cosyness despite the obvious sharpness of the scent. I never really dared since then to blow the big bucks on it again - since it costs a fortune in any store and I was to busy chasing other bargains on ebay, where it doesn't come cheap either, but no other fresh scent I have tried since could beat it. I am seriously considering, after using up my 1001 bottles of summer scents that I already own, moving back to Coco M and sticking to it. It makes me feel special, no idea why. Perhaps this is why it has been so successfull. I only hope that on my skin it will sound a little different from what it is on others, since every second girl on the planet seems to own a bottle or two!

Popular Fragrances