Essie Fiji

3.5

on 5/27/2008 10:01:00 PM

A very reliable perfect pink for summer days or vacations. I personally think it is rather an intense pink but looks great against a tan on hands or toes.
I usually have it applied in salons so can't comment on application process. Does put me in "I am on vacation" mood
EDIT: bought a bottle and tried to apply it on my own. Boy did it streak!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Very light, pink White-Out! I love it!! I wanted an opaque light (almost white) baby pink and this was it. I think I was watching the food network and Giada had this on her toes (she was out shoe shopping on some tropical island or something) and I thought, Oooh! I want that color! LOL. Anyway, this is a great unique color, especially on tan toes! I adore how opaque it is. Definite repurchase. I also want to try OPI Peace Baby, because I think it is similar to this minus the pink.

on 1/2/2008 3:58:00 PM

Fiji is a beautiful, feminine, creamy, opaque pale pink. I agree with previous reviewers that it looks great on toenails when your feet are tan. I also agree with previous reviewers who said it's hard to apply because it streaks easily. I've noticed manicurists take longer than usual applying this color and often use three or four coats. I haven't noticed this when I've gotten a mani/pedi with other Essie polishes. I've given myself a pedicure with this polish and was able to achieve a pretty look, but I had to be very careful to keep it from streaking. Though it's tricky to work with, I don't find it impossible. To me, the fact that Fiji is the perfect, creamy, opaque pale pink makes up for the fact it's hard to apply. However, I only gave this product a three out of five (and will probably not repurchase) because I prefer to use Priti polish (Priti Organic Spa) as I know it doesn't contain formaldehyde, toluene or phthalates.

I have looked forward to buying Essie forever. I have never seen it in Oregon. Well, while scanning the ads, I found an Ulta shop up the road from me...and they have Essie! I am in constantly searching for the PERFECT shell pink....the best so far is Nars Candy Darling, but I like this Essie in the bottle so I bought it... I am so bummed...it is pretty, but it streaks...and then turns an opaque pink....I am sure it would be pretty in the summer with a tan, but I don't know how to stop the streaking! Any tips? Cheers! Kiley PDX

on 11/10/2007 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I *want* to love this so much. It is THE perfect pink I've been looking for but I can't apply this to save my life. As a pedicure, it is Streak City on my big toes. No matter what I do - no base coat, over a milky ridge filler, over a clear base coat, over a sheer polish, thin coats, thick coats, 2 coats, lots of coats, clear top coat before it dries, after it dries, applying a pale polish over it, nothing works. I refuse to get rid of it, I'm determined to make it work. If you want a beautiful pink, this is it, but I'd love to know any tricks for applying it well. Shame.

on 6/30/2007 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

it was on sale at the beauty supply, decided to give Essie a go..not thrilled w/ the application of this. Streaky!!! even after 2 coats..too flat for my liking too..
I do like the shade of pink..but not glitzy enough for me

on 5/5/2007 12:12:00 AM

this is my HG summer pedicure color...it is a milky cool toned light baby pink...makes my feet look really tan and feminine..i don't know about the streakiness problem since i dont do my toes myself, but the pedicurist was taking an unusually long time with it so i suppose it is a bit harder to work with than other Essies..im planning on getting my own bottle since my salon is running out of it..so yea definite repurchase!

on 1/7/2007 12:50:00 AM

Cute, possibly, for a summer pedi. But as a mani color? Not if you have a 'serious' or 'corporate' job; it's far too Barbie-ish. Very opaque, blue-based light pink. Very close to Essie's Marabou (if they still make that).

on 11/19/2006 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful creme shade of pink that looks great on toes. I use it on my finger nails as well especially in the summer because it looks great with a tan. I always get compliments when I wear it. I found that the first coat is streaky, but applying a second coat solved this problem. I also love, that like all other Essie polishes, it has staying power and did not chip.

on 6/21/2006 12:56:00 AM

This is probably my favorite color polish and has been for years. I can't remember the year it came out, but that's how long I've been wearing it. I've gone through several bottles of this. It's the perfect toe color for me and makes my feet look tan. My only complaint (but this is true for all nail colors on me) is that it fades quite a bit if I go to the beach. I always use top coats that claim to be non yellowing, or fade proof, but still polish changes color after a couple of beach days on me.
I don't do my nails myself so I don't have the streaking problem, but sometimes they'll use 3 coats on my toenails, so maybe even the "pros" have a streaking problem with this color.
I've just recently taken to wearing this on my fingernails and LOVE it. I was just so sick of sheer not there colors on my nails, and this is great for summer.

Top Rated Essie Products