July 28, 2014 | 1725 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2006 6:47:00 PM More reviews by laurencane

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful creme shade of pink that looks great on toes. I use it on my finger nails as well especially in the summer because it looks great with a tan. I always get compliments when I wear it. I found that the first coat is streaky, but applying a second coat solved this problem. I also love, that like all other Essie polishes, it has staying power and did not chip.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Aimee3

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my favorite color polish and has been for years. I can't remember the year it came out, but that's how long I've been wearing it. I've gone through several bottles of this. It's the perfect toe color for me and makes my feet look tan. My only complaint (but this is true for all nail colors on me) is that it fades quite a bit if I go to the beach. I always use top coats that claim to be non yellowing, or fade proof, but still polish changes color after a couple of beach days on me.
I don't do my nails myself so I don't have the streaking problem, but sometimes they'll use 3 coats on my toenails, so maybe even the "pros" have a streaking problem with this color.
I've just recently taken to wearing this on my fingernails and LOVE it. I was just so sick of sheer not there colors on my nails, and this is great for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by carmic191

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Where to start, its a nice baby pink not to dark not too light, the only problem, it is a bit streaky...would i buy it again? yes its a classic in my eye

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MichErin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In the bottle I loved this color. And on my nails I would have loved it if it didn't streak SO bad. This polish has got to be the worst I have ever used, and I usually am a big fan of Essie polishes :(. A big disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't even make it through one manicure with this stuff. I was looking for high quality polish, so I bought this light baby pink color. But when I put it on, I was shocked, because it looks just like I put white-out on my nails!! I think this is just the absolute wrong color for my skin tone. Too light, too milky, and too opaque. Too streaky as well. I am going to have to find another home for this one, there is NO WAY I can use it on either my fingers or my toes. I'll give it to my sis-in-law - she's a PPP and this might work for her.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2005 2:56:00 PM More reviews by kbb2008

Wow. Um...what can I say? This is the PERFECT effing color for me. PERFECT. I have been looking for an opaque, creamy baby pink just like this for ever so long. Unfortunately, Fiji streaks like no tomorrow. I know Essie polishes have a reputation for being occasionally streaky, but this is the worst I've ever seen. Even my manicurist could barely make it look half decent and I don't blame her. So...shame on you Essie, for making the perfect color that applies like baby pink Wite-Out. =P

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2004 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Tamgirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Fiji's color but is it me, or is this very streaky. I can never seem to get it to go on smoothly, it sucks b/c its a pretty chalky pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2004 12:09:00 PM More reviews by ilovelauna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was initially attracted to this color because I was looking for a non-sheer baby pink, but I love the name as well, just because I want to visit Fiji so bad! Anyway, this is definately an opaque shade and it is hard to apply in even layers because of that, but if done right, it looks gorgeous on the toes. I agree w/the other reviewer, it makes my feet look better and more tanned. I'm a PPP w/yellow undertones, so this is a perfect baby-pink for me. My only other complaint besides the layering problem is that Essie's bottles get a build-up of polish around the neck very easily, making the cap hard to get off. I would buy this shade again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2004 9:48:00 PM More reviews by GossipGirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great color in the bottle but I hate the product! It does not evenly coat my nails after like 5 layers (eww!)It goes on streaky and the color is like a rich blue undertone pink but in the format of white-out! BUT it doesnt look to bad on the toes, makes my feet look really tanned! Hmm?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2003 12:38:00 PM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this color, a whitey pale pink. Definately blue based, thank Jesus, I hate peachy or coral toned pink. My only complaint is that it takes like three or four coats for even coverage. I love to put Sally Hansen South Sea Pearl over this it adds a greenish irridescent shimmer.