October 30, 2014 | 1679 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by lovemyproducts

I have looked forward to buying Essie forever. I have never seen it in Oregon. Well, while scanning the ads, I found an Ulta shop up the road from me...and they have Essie! I am in constantly searching for the PERFECT shell pink....the best so far is Nars Candy Darling, but I like this Essie in the bottle so I bought it... I am so bummed...it is pretty, but it streaks...and then turns an opaque pink....I am sure it would be pretty in the summer with a tan, but I don't know how to stop the streaking! Any tips? Cheers! Kiley PDX

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 10:03:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I *want* to love this so much. It is THE perfect pink I've been looking for but I can't apply this to save my life. As a pedicure, it is Streak City on my big toes. No matter what I do - no base coat, over a milky ridge filler, over a clear base coat, over a sheer polish, thin coats, thick coats, 2 coats, lots of coats, clear top coat before it dries, after it dries, applying a pale polish over it, nothing works. I refuse to get rid of it, I'm determined to make it work. If you want a beautiful pink, this is it, but I'd love to know any tricks for applying it well. Shame.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2007 12:51:00 AM More reviews by tiffi24

it was on sale at the beauty supply, decided to give Essie a go..not thrilled w/ the application of this. Streaky!!! even after 2 coats..too flat for my liking too..
I do like the shade of pink..but not glitzy enough for me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by lenkaaa

this is my HG summer pedicure color...it is a milky cool toned light baby pink...makes my feet look really tan and feminine..i don't know about the streakiness problem since i dont do my toes myself, but the pedicurist was taking an unusually long time with it so i suppose it is a bit harder to work with than other Essies..im planning on getting my own bottle since my salon is running out of it..so yea definite repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by marykate76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cute, possibly, for a summer pedi. But as a mani color? Not if you have a 'serious' or 'corporate' job; it's far too Barbie-ish. Very opaque, blue-based light pink. Very close to Essie's Marabou (if they still make that).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2006 6:47:00 PM More reviews by laurencane

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful creme shade of pink that looks great on toes. I use it on my finger nails as well especially in the summer because it looks great with a tan. I always get compliments when I wear it. I found that the first coat is streaky, but applying a second coat solved this problem. I also love, that like all other Essie polishes, it has staying power and did not chip.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Aimee3

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my favorite color polish and has been for years. I can't remember the year it came out, but that's how long I've been wearing it. I've gone through several bottles of this. It's the perfect toe color for me and makes my feet look tan. My only complaint (but this is true for all nail colors on me) is that it fades quite a bit if I go to the beach. I always use top coats that claim to be non yellowing, or fade proof, but still polish changes color after a couple of beach days on me.
I don't do my nails myself so I don't have the streaking problem, but sometimes they'll use 3 coats on my toenails, so maybe even the "pros" have a streaking problem with this color.
I've just recently taken to wearing this on my fingernails and LOVE it. I was just so sick of sheer not there colors on my nails, and this is great for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2005 7:51:00 PM More reviews by carmic191

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Where to start, its a nice baby pink not to dark not too light, the only problem, it is a bit streaky...would i buy it again? yes its a classic in my eye

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2005 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MichErin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In the bottle I loved this color. And on my nails I would have loved it if it didn't streak SO bad. This polish has got to be the worst I have ever used, and I usually am a big fan of Essie polishes :(. A big disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't even make it through one manicure with this stuff. I was looking for high quality polish, so I bought this light baby pink color. But when I put it on, I was shocked, because it looks just like I put white-out on my nails!! I think this is just the absolute wrong color for my skin tone. Too light, too milky, and too opaque. Too streaky as well. I am going to have to find another home for this one, there is NO WAY I can use it on either my fingers or my toes. I'll give it to my sis-in-law - she's a PPP and this might work for her.