NYX Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

I want to love these glosses. I love the names and the colors and the texture and taste BUT the minute I apply to my lips the color disappears and then the gloss does as well. I hav eto keep re-applying. I will sadly not be purchasing again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I own 4 of these; Cupcake, Peaches & Cream, Apple Strudel, and Strawberry Parfait, and they are all wonderful! They really are true to the name; they're unbelievably buttery and they just melt on your lips. Some my favorite lip glosses. I will definitely be purchasing more!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I had looked at these in the store before but was put off by the smell of the gloss. It smelled sickeningly sweet. But after reading some reviews and watching reviews on YouTube I decided to give these a shot anyway. I am so glad I did.

I watched several YouTube videos of all the colors being swatched because I know that they'll show up differently on different skin tones. I'm fair/medium with hazel eyes and dark brown hair. I decided to try Tiramisu and Angel Food Cake. They are both similar in color but the Tiramisu is a nice neutral shade on me while the Angel Food Cake adds a bit of mauve pink to my lips.

First off, the smell was not as bad as I remember. Yes there is a sweet scent but once it was on my lips I didn't notice it. Maybe the sample I had smelled was old and that's why it turned me off. The coverage itself was awesome. It's not sticky at all but nice and smooth. Feels very nice on the lips. The price was $4.99 at Ulta and they frequently have buy 1 get 1 50% off sales but they didn't when I was there. So the price is definitely reasonable. The color doesn't last all day but I don't know any gloss that does. But even when the color is gone you still have the nourishing feeling on your lips.

The only real complaint I have is that the tube color is not even close to the product color. So don't rely on tube color when choosing your shade.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my third tube of creme brulee, I love it so hard. I broke one attempting to open it with my teeth (my hands were wet!) and I have a sneaking suspicion my BFF stole the other one (she borrowed it incessantly.) I typically only wear clear gloss or balm...I'm more of an eye makeup fiend, and I don't like the upkeep of colored lippies.

Creme brulee is perfect because not only does it feel like a balm, it can be applied without a mirror yet gives a bit of color and polish to the lip. Typically dudes hate lip products but I was on a date the other night and the guy said he loved this gloss.

I also have strawberry parfait, which I find a bit too cool and pale for my tastes despite the fact that I have cool, pale undertones myself (NW20 for ref.) I do reach for it when I can't find creme brulee, but it's not nearly as flattering IMO.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These are very nice drugstore glosses. They have a vanilla scent (like Mac) which I like. The colors I like the best are creme brulee and angel food cake. They are very natural and just give a hint of color without being sticky. The negatives would be the color of the the tubes don't match the color very well. Angel food cake has a very brown tube and yet on the lips looks like a mauve-pink color. The other thing to note is the color only last an hour on my lips. I will still have gloss but the color is gone and looks like I have clear lipgloss on. I'd still buy more for more natural makeup days.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first NYX purchase. This brand is pretty hit or miss with me, but the butter glosses are divine! I have them in tiramisu (brownish) and creme brûlée (pinkish) and both are gorgeous, neutral colors. I don't find them sticky like other glosses. The vanilla scent is very close to MAC's lipsticks and glosses. I always carry one of these in my purse for quick touch ups.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have the shade Crème Brulee, it's a light peachy nude, and I'm in love with it. It smells amazing and it's not gloppy or sticky. It gives a slight pigment and it feels just like butter on my lips. I'm not a big lip gloss fan but I always keep my butter gloss handy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best lipglosses I have ever tried, of any high end or drugstore brand! Definitely can see why they're called butter glosses-- they're soo smooth and feel great on my lips

the color in these glosses are sheer-- alot sheerer than the tube looks like

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I can see why this gloss is so popular. It has the best texture-- smooth, buttery and rich feeling with just a little bit of stickiness to keep it from running all over your face. It's very comfortable feeling. I have Eclair and Apple Strudel. These are moderately pigmented without a trace of sparkle. You do have to apply it with a mirror because it can look uneven due to the opaque pigment (that is also what makes the color pop). I like the Mega Shine formula better but they don't have many shades that have zero shimmer. The formula is way better than the old round lipglosses, which had great color payoff, no shimmer, but were too thin and a bit slimy feeling. If you're having trouble with the application or you want a no brainer lipgloss to apply on the go, wear a lipliner or lipstick underneath.

I bought this in Crème Brûlée after seeing them in Ulta every time I went looking through the NYX makeup. I had never tried any NYX products, so I figured a nice gloss would be a simple thing to start with. I was so pleased with it! The color is nice and sheer but definitely true to shade. The texture is soft and moisturizing, never sticky or harsh, and the smell is wonderful! I ran back and bought Cherry Cheesecake and a gorgeous pink shade. And at 5$, they are a great dupe for Mary Kay Nourishine Plus gloss! I will definitely be picking up many more of these in the future!

Video Reviews & Tutorials