NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 5/23/2014 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm never try any nyx product other than their jumbo eye pencil and pigment which i find really good. This is my first lip product from nyx. I have this in shade cherry cheese cake and peaches and cream. I like cherry cheese cake better than peaches and cream because i'm orange/coral kind of girl. The texture is smooth and it's easy to wear. It's also quite pigmented (one coat is enough for me) and last around 2 hours for me without eating and drinking. The only thing that i don't like is that this lip gloss make my lips flaky few hours after i use this but it is better than any other drugstore lip gloss (most of them make my lips flaky anyway) that i ever use and it is cheap and i don't mind to apply this every 2 hours.

on 5/23/2014 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love these glosses. I have a couple different colors (Crème Brulee, Tiramisu, Angel Food Cake, Peaches and Cream, and Red Velvet) and like them all equally. They have a light, sweet vanilla scent and feel very light and silky on the lips. My lips feel very moisturized after application and the feeling hangs around for a while after the color wears off. The wand applicator tip gives pretty even application, but needs to be handled very carefully with the darker shades to ensure a precise application. Color payoff is decent--some colors are definitely more sheer than others, but I think in a good way. I feel like the sheerness of some of the lighter colors (like Crème Brulee) makes them very wearable and natural. They are not very long-lasting, but for $4.99/each (and often on sale BOGO 50% + coupon at Ulta) I can't really complain. I am on my second tube of Crème Brulee and plan on purchasing more shades in the future since the formula works so well for me. The shade selection is also quite generous and has a good mix of neutrals, bright colors, lights, and darks.

on 5/21/2014 1:41:00 PM

I have this in the shade Tiramisu and I'm on my second tube of it! Once the first tube finished I realized how HG this was and decided I had to repurchase. I guess Tiramisu isn't one of the popular shades because I don't hear a lot of people talk about it but it's the most perfect mauve sort of pink. The website does not describe this shade well at all because it most definitely is not "brown"! Anyway, the texture of these is unbelievable ..so comfortable to wear, not sticky or tacky. They feel to me like a lip balm with extra slipperiness. And they also smell like cake, which is quite pleasant. I think this is something everyone should have when they want the glamour of shine that lipgloss gives. Also, this could be a great starting point for people who aren't used to or don't like the feel of lipgloss on their lips.

on 5/21/2014 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have the shade vanilla cream pie. It is your standard blue based pink. What I like about the gloss is that it smells good (like cake or something, I can't quite put my finger on it) the consistency is nice (actually feels like butter on the lips!), the applicator applies a nice amount, the colour is gorgeous, it's cheap (for an Australian price) and the colour range is extensive! However, I do happen to suffer from my hair sticking to my gloss, and the lasting power is not the greatest. I don't really wear this to school a lot as I feel like I have to retouch my lipgloss every hour or so, I suppose it doesn't last too long because the butteriness makes it melt into your lips. Will repurchase though, as I've been eyeing a few (okay, definitely more than a few!) more colours in the range!!

on 5/15/2014 5:02:00 PM

NYX is hard to find in my area but I tracked these down around mothers day and ended up picking up 4 shades. They had a mothers-day-package with a red, peach and light pink, and then they also had one sold individually that was a purpled pink. I paid $14 for the set of 3, and around $5 for the single. I love all of them. The closest thing I can compare them to is MAC's Creamsheen lipgloss, which are my favorite glosses.
For me, if I want full impact color I will go for a lipstick, so the color pay-off (or lack there of) is not a huge deal for me. The red did have quite a bit of color for a gloss but was still very wearable and appropriate for daytime wear. The rest of the colors were lightly-tinted, but enough color for me personally.
I find they wear best layered over a coat of my Nivea lip-balm (it probably sheers them out ever more) but I can throw them on my bare lips without any problems.
Anyways, these are my new go-to lip products. I keep most of them in my purse because they are easy, cheap and moisturizing on the lip.
They smell better then Creamsheens and are a fraction of the price! These are a no brainer in my opinion.

on 5/15/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

Not sticky, beautiful colours, nice smell, the color of the packaging actually match the color of the product, nice finish, affordable, great alone and great on top of a lipstick. Apple Strudel is my fave.

But I lasted only 30 minutes on my lips, maximum, before it was completely gone.

on 5/15/2014 2:46:00 AM

This is incredibly good for 5$ lip gloss. The formula is great!!! not sticky, smooth, last pretty long. I have one in Eclair, really gorgeous pink color that goes well with any type of skin tone. Highly recommend!!!!

on 5/12/2014 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I brought one- wore it twice- went back and brought five more colours!!!!! You really can't go wrong with these! The colours are so flattering they apply smooth and are far from sticky or uncomfortable on the lips. I don't see how you could really buy the wrong colour they just give the impression of the of juicy glossy full healthy coloured lips with a respectable colour pay off I will repurchase

on 5/10/2014 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Like everyone else says, these are mostly MLBB shades, although a few seem to be bolder. They have cute names andare on sale at Ulta frequently for BOGO 50 percent off. For this reason, they are usually sold out/low on their Butter Glosses (at least at mine), so call before you go. This reminds me of the Bonne Bell products from the 80/90's, but for grownups too and not just teens. This is not a must have, but a cheap way to have some fun with your makeup.

on 5/10/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I can not complain about this lip butter. It's so light that I forget that on wearing lip gloss. I'm use to the stickiness of gloss. This is not sticky at all. Also you can pair with lipstick with as the tackiness. The smell of this lip butter is indulging. I can't imagine who could complain about the smell. It smell awesome. I only have one color in angel food cake. I'm going to get more colors later. I will be sticking to the lipgloss because it's lightweight. Also this lipbutter has a beautiful sheen. It cost me 4.99 plus tax at my local beauty supply store. I will repurchase again.

Popular Lip Glosses