NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 6/29/2014 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have about 5 of these that I purchased and totally love them all. Then to my surprise and delight I got another in the shade Eclair (that I did not have) in my June Ipsy Glam Bag. It is the perfect nude shade for me and has a tint of color but looks like my own lips only better. These glide right on with the doe footed wand and it deposits just the right amount with a swipe. I like the way these feel on, they aren't too slippery and not tacky or sticky at all. These last about an hour and a half on me with normal talking, sipping drinks, and normal life. This little gloss is handy to keep in my pocket for a quick easy reapplication or it fits in my clipboard too so I can keep it with me while working. I like that it isn't too bulky of a container and it is great for carrying around. This fits in any makeup bag easily. I will definitely be getting more of these!

on 6/29/2014 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have several of these, ranging from the very light to the darkest shade. I'm not a gloss fan but these I love.

on 6/29/2014 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

These glosses are amazing, I am so impressed and I am a very picky lipgloss person! I have never found a drugstore lipgloss that I fell in love with and I usually returned them all, but I want to go back and stock up on many more of these! I bought both eclair and creme brle and love them both. They are creamy, pigmented and not sticky. I like them better than my Mac or nars lipglosses so far and that's says a lot!! Definitely recommend!!

on 6/29/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good but not great. More pigmented than Essence lipgloss ( I compared) but a smaller tube. Somehow not overwhelmed.

on 6/29/2014 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

great glosses! my lips are pretty pigmented so some of the lighter colors show up rather sheer but I can layer them with lipstick for more pigment. the brighter, darker colors are great though worn alone. i prefer these over MAC glosses and the best part is they are always on sale at ulta plus you can use coupons to get them for only a few bucks each.

on 6/28/2014 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love these lip butters. They smell good, go on smooth, and have a wide selection of colors.

on 6/26/2014 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

It's easy to see why these are so highly rated and loved. Butter Gloss is a smooth gloss which adds enough pigment but doesn't look like I'm wearing anything obvious. I just picked this up in Creme Brulee and it's lighter and pinker than my natural lip color. It looks very fresh and girly. I would definitely try more of these. Great price, cute packaging, nice color range, sheer yet pigmented, and shiny finish. I want more!

on 6/25/2014 11:40:00 PM

This is by far the best Lip gloss I have ever tried. Period. I have two shades (Apple Strudel, and Vanilla Cream Pie) They have so much pigment but don't look caked on your lips at all! (I hate when glosses do that!) they absorb beautifully into your lips and are very glossy! They are also not drying at all!!! They are so affordable and I absolutely love the packaging! It is compact but still soooo adorable!! I seriously want every shade ever made of these because they are just so perfect!!!! FANTASTIC job NYX!! If you have not tried these you need to!!! Like ASAP!!!

on 6/25/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I have at long last discovered the holy grail of affordable and high-performing lip glosses and it's definitely anything but a high-end price.

I have 3 of these now and each one is amazing. "Butter gloss" is a perfect description for this product.

It's amazingly pigmented and the ones I have have absolutely no glitter or sparkle too them. The Cherry Pie, Eclair, and Apple Strudel are just beautiful and look amazing on the lips. Lots of color, no sparkle = WIN.

The color lasts pretty well, if I'm not eating, only requiring a retouch every 3-4 hours or so.

I hope NYX doesn't discontinue these but, just in case they ever do, I'm stocking up now.

Great product...And at the price you can't go wrong trying at least 1 of them out!

on 6/24/2014 9:33:00 PM

The best lipglosses I have used in a long, long time. The consistency is perfect--creamy and not sticky. And the color is the perfect mix of bright color but creamy, not simply clear/see thru. I bought this in 5 different shades this weekend and all colors happen to look good on me (would choose which one to use based on my outfit--ex. Today i wore a navy & white dress so i used Eclair, sort of a soft petal purple. If i were to wear a bright color, id go with Peaches and Cream or Apple Streudel).

Video Reviews & Tutorials