July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG this has become my favorite gloss! I own Guerlain, Lancôme, Dior, Chanel glosses, and this one is by far better (and 10 times cheaper!).

I got the Maple Blondie one, and it is a yummy shiny light pink on my lips. Not overly glossy, just enough glow to look natural. It feels silky and buttery soft while applying, and it stays feeling that way for a long time. I'm actually impressed with its lasting power, because it's not that sticky and I would have guessed it would last maybe an hour or so, but nope...it lasts 3-4 hours on me!

The scent is also subtle but candy-like and very appealing.

And best of all, my lips stay moisturized and soft! While Guerlain's glosses for example dry my lips out, this gloss acts like a balm and never lets any dryness creep in.

I will most definitely buy more, I have at least 2 or 3 other shades in mind :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

Love these glosses. I find myself reaching for them whenever I'm looking for a subtle and fresh-looking accent to a natural look. These are true glosses, not a liquid lipcolor masquerading as a gloss like Revlon Colorburst (which I also love) and some others that are out there. But they are good, true glosses that feel light and moisturizing on the lips. So far, I have Maple Blondie and Cherry Pie, but I am definitely thinking of getting more. Maple Blondie is a nice light peachy pink that goes on sheer but still noticeable, might be a MLBB for some people, for me it's a bit lighter than my lips in almost a 60s-mod way, but it's glossy so of course it doesn't look that mod. I wish that I could find this color in a matte form actually!! But it's very nice. Cherry Pie is a sheer, juicy cherry red that is a very wearable daytime red for pretty much any skin tone. I'm very fair and I love it. It's bright but not garish. At only $5 I would definitely recommend these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I have all shades and every single one offers a nice amount of pigmentation and works well on my pigmented lips. The fragrance smells yummy and the texture does indeed feel super creamy.....like butter. I hope NYX plans on introducing new shades in the future. I definitely plan on being a repeat purchaser of these beauties.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tend to stay away from lip glosses nowadays -- lately I'm all about moisturizing lipsticks or stains. However, because I heard so many great things about the NYX Butter Glosses, I decided to pick one up (and if I didn't like it, I was only out five bucks). The one I chose was Creme Brulee, a natural nudish pink. I thought it'd be more nude rather than pink because of the name and packaging, but the color appears as more of a baby pink on my lips. No biggie...it's still a nice color. The formula is comfortable and buttery, almost slick. Because of its thin formula, it tends to wear off within a half hour, which is to be expected for a gloss anyway. Coverage is semi-sheer but can be built up slightly -- don't expect full on color here. Also, the smell is wonderful, kinda like strawberry marshmallows. I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Decent every day gloss with gorgeous colours. I have Apple Strudel which is a light, pale coral peach (they generally look nothing like their names).
Texture is non sticky but not long lasting either, maybe 30 mins.
I think I paid about $5 or $6AUD on Cherryculture.
Wish they were longer lasting but you can't really expect that from a gloss unless it claims that.

Update!
I now own 3 of these glosses, in the aforementioned Apple Studel, Eclair (a light pink with slight purple undertones) and Creme Brule (pink toned light nude).
NYX is now available at Target in Australia (selected stores I'm assuming but there are a few in Melbourne) and I have a new found appreciation for them.
These glosses are non shimmery cream glosses which make them very easy to wear and layer. They all smell delicious, like vanilla cream pie and are moisturising. I'm raising my rating as these are very versatile and I don't mind replying something so comfortable and creamy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by XxShadowEyesxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

They're very moisturizing on the lips and give a nice pigmented color pay off. They all smell the same to me. But others have told me that they have a taste? To me, they have no taste (which is fine). And they come in a nice assortment of colors. Cute packaging

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

The hype on these glosses is NOT overstated. Loving the two I bought over even the Megashine glosses right now. The color payoff is great for a gloss, it feels truly buttery and smooth without caking in lines or being tacky, moisturizes very well, the smell and taste are nice, and the price is great. While the line has a slightly limited color selection, there are plenty of colors without going too dark and entering that strange lipgloss land where dark colors are either extra-dry or actually go on more sheer.

I love these glosses and will replace these when they run out. These will even replace my other lipglosses that just weren't moisturizing enough. I think these will be a great choice for winter weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these! The colors are wonderful and they all smell delicious! NYX does not test on animals which is a big plus for me and they are inexpensive. I have Vanilla Cream Pie and Apple Streudel and I plan on getting more. The only con is that they are sold without any type of box or security casing so anybody could just test it out and try it on in the store and put it right back on the shelf.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Sydney21997

I love this lip gloss!! I have both maple blondie and apple strudel. They are both light pinks and are very similar. The scent of these are amazing! They smell so sweet and aren't sticky. They are my new favorite lip products and I am not usually that big of a fan of glosses. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Amberleighanne

BEST LIP GLOSS I'VE EVER TRIED. It's super moisturizing (which is good because I have really dry lips to begin with), it's super pigmented and can be worn with or without lipstick, and it stays on for a good length of time. My only complaint is that it's just a bit sticky, but I can overlook that because everything else about it is amazing. I currently have one in Creme Brûlée, and I'm buying more colors as soon as I can. It's my go-to gloss for anything (: