April 17, 2014 | 1717 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the shade 817 Light, and it was not yellow enough for my skin tone (NC25-30), it came off as looking too peachy. I found that it was more medium coverage than full, even after appling a couple of layers I still had visible redness and spots showing. Got a nice matte finish, and preferred using a beauty blender or brush to apply it with, as it looked more cakey when I used my fingers. I have oily skin and while the finish was nice upon application, after a few hours there was shine on the nose, forehead and chin. And after about 4 hours it started to sink into my pores and not look all that great. Wish it were longer lasting and came in better shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulConverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin is far from great, a hormonal teenager with an oily T-zone and flare ups that usually come and go. A medium to full coverage foundation is the only type of foundation I can put on my skin that i actually see a difference in.This foundation is cakey on me if isn't blended properly which can take a few minutes and sometimes can't even be blended to a proper finish, but it is full coverage which I love. This product was $4, regardless of the price it's a meh product. Maybe if I used primer, my feelings towards the product would be better. The color match is pretty spot on which is awesome, I got this in the lightest shade Fair, which is no surprise since I am ghostly pale. It has a weird smell but I'm not at all very sensitive to smells so it doesn't bother me, and you can't even smell it on your skin. I wouldn't repurchase but it isn't a horrible product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by lkeeney1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am genuinely astounded by this product. I picked it up the other day for around $4, not expecting much, but in need of a foundation with a heavier coverage. In the past few months I've been trying out tons of different foundations trying to find one that will suit my somewhat dry and very fair skin. This is one of the few I've found that meets almost all my requirements for repurchase: it's light enough to match my skin, isn't too drying/doesn't look too bad on dry skin, doesn't oxidize (ahem, Cover-girl), and provides some pretty good coverage. And it's $4!
Now the staying power isn't all that great, but I've found that with most drugstore foundations so I'm not too fussed about it.
This is a great foundation for anyone on a budget!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I could have written the previous review! Too funny! I also got mine at Rite Aid for 40% off - it came out to $2 and change. SCORE! I also used a damp beautyblender knockoff to apply. I notice that this stuff sets like a longwear foundation. I tried to go back and cleanup some eyeshadow fallout and the sponge basically squeaked over that area and didn't budge the foundation. I would not call this a full-coverage foundation, definitely medium coverage. I still needed concealer. And the lightest shade is light enough for my complexion. I kept passing up this stuff because of the color of the tube but it really fools you into thinking it's darker than it is. Will update my review after a full day of wear. I'm really impressed. I want to go back to Rite Aid and buy the rest.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never thought I'd love a Wet N' Wild foundation but thanks to the glowing reviews here I went and found this stuff and I do love it. It's close to perfect and for the price, all you need to know is wow. I actually got this for less than $3 at Rite Aid, Wet N' Wild frequently goes on sale for 40% off and it was the perfect time to try it. (Also a soft return policy there!) This is definitely a heavier, drier creamy liquid foundation in a basic, unoffensive squeeze tube - beware, the squeeze tube is totally sensitive and the hole is bigger than it should be, you can laugh at that, go ahead. It allows more to come out at one time so be careful and always recap when you're done or you'll have a mess. Applied, it's a medium coverage that's somewhat build-able. A tad drier than Colorstay but applies very similarly! I use a wet generic beauty blending sponge, works well with the slightly drier texture. It goes on nicely, blends out smoothly, and sets itself semi-matte. I go over this anyways with NYX SM, NF powder and this foundation definitely plays well with other other makeup, including creams...Covers well, but I still need concealer for dark spots and under-eye areas but that's expected for someone like me with far from perfect skin. It's held up in 80F weather so far, I am looking forward to using this for the summer here in the Mississippi heat. And for the price, I mean c'mon, this foundation is worth a shot. (Cruelty free, too, always worth it.) For shade comparison, I'm between NC15 and NC20, the lightest shade is dead-on for me which is something I could cry over sometimes, that's such a rarity for me. (Doesn't oxidize, hallelujah!) Love this stuff and will continue to repurchase. I think next for me is trying it with the powder!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by randers

I needed a darker shade of foundation for the summer, so I picked this up on a whim. Wow, this stuff is amazing! This is a medium coverage foundation that blends nicely to a matte finish.

I'm most impressed with how well it blends. It's not greasy at all, it almost acts like a cream to powder formulation. Only the crem de la crem of foundation can offer medium-heavy coverage and not give a makeup look, this does that.

The only two downsides I can see are 1) limited shades (I lucked out) and 2) the packaging, the hole is too big and too much comes out at once. But considering it's $4 ($3 with the attached coupon) and is comparable MUFE foundation, it still gets a 5 lippie.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by haleypetrillose

I picked this foundation up because of all the good reviews I found on it, and I am so glad I did. I had trouble finding my shade, I am very fair. I ended up finding my shade (fair) at Kmart. It is cheap and amazing. It goes on the skin so nicely and does not make me look cakey at all. I have used higher end foundations and this stuff is way better. I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

High end makeup companies take note, a 4 dollar foundation surpasses a 40 dollar foundation by a mile. This has to be the best looking foundation I've ever worn. I got the lightest 816 which seemed almost to pale at first but after it set and a little bronzer was added it was too perfect a color to believe. It looked exactly like skin, real....good...skin without looking at all like I was wearing foundation. I used a flat top brush which worked beautifully. It wore so well all day that I hated to have to wash my face for bed. Color selection is not good as the progression of shades is too extreme. The next shade up from Light jumps to an orangey darker color. Overall I think this is a fabulous cheapie foundation and will stock up like a maniac.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Helzbelz25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it I use with a buffer brush and it's great. I am a medium and the medium colour was a tad dark but still worked. Good coverage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by mommala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was tempted by the great reviews on this foundation and am SO glad that I tried it. As other reviewers have pointed out, it competes quite well with the higher end department store brands. This provides the most lovely, even finish - maybe the best I have seen on my skin yet. It works especially well under my eyes (I have huge dark circles) and doesn't exaggerate my fine lines!! That alone is a feat. I have combination skin now - it was formerly very oily - and I have had no problems with breakouts using this. Definitely consider using a primer if and where you have large pores - that goes for all foundations not just this one. The only cons are too few color choices and product oozes out of tube too fast. I first tried 817 which is a little dark (orangey maybe for me) and then 816 which is too light - I am NW25. Can make it work, though, for the nice finish.