October 20, 2014 | 986 users online

Body Scrubs - L'Oreal - Exfotonic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 6:42:00 PM More reviews by shannong

I used the sample pochette from Allure and was immediately hooked. This stuff is not for sensitive skin though, as the granules are quite abrasive. I personally like it's rough texture and have already purchased the full size jar from Ulta for around $13.50. Didn't leave a greasy film on my skin nor my tub, ala Origins Salt Rub and was abrasive enough for me to feel that it was actually doing something. Strong lemony/citrusy scent, but it didn't linger on my skin afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2003 12:11:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I really liked this scrub. It is rather rough but I prefer rougher scrubs. I felt like it really exfoliated the skin nicely and left it soft. I didnt notice that the smell lingered though. It has a great lemony scent to it. Also it wasnt oily in the least bit. Overall, a great scrub.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2003 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Sprite78

I received a sample of this in a mag. I will not be buying the full size product. First the smell is a bit strong-citrusy, woodsy. Second-IT HURTS!!!! The grains feel almost like glass.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 12:45:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This body scrub definitely exfoliates, but the smell is extremely perfumey. The grains are too rough for most skintypes, especially if used as an allover body scrub. The scent also lingers on the skin for hours, which if you like the scent is a good thing. . These are 2 huge negatives in my book, so I can't give this product any "lippies."

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2003 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jamiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was mediocre at best. I felt that the granules were too harsh for my skin and the consistency of the carrier gel that the granules were in was too watery that it was difficult to apply. It should have been a thicker gel. The plus was the nice citrusy bergamot scent as I love all things bergamot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 4:37:00 AM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first word that comes to mind when using this scrub: synthetic. Most scrubs have a "natural-feeling" element to them, but this one feels like I'm rubbing smooth glass particles over my skin--and I have to be careful, because if I overscrub one area, it hurts! The scent reminds me of lemon dishwashing fluid, with a hint of men's cologne, and is a bit too strong for me. I like Freeman's Raspberry and Almond Scrub better, but if you want something to get the job done quickly and your skin isn't too sensitive, this is probably a decent choice--although a bit pricey for a drugstore item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 5:53:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product!
The best scrub I ever used! I haven't used anything else since the day I tried it!
Grains that do the job, AHA to further exfoliate, invigorating scent, VERY cheap and the results: wonderful, smooth skin!
Plus, the scrub is so easy to use: it has the right liquidy consistency that makes scrubing easy and you don't need to rub hard!

Excellent stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2003 10:37:00 PM More reviews by TheaRose

Love this scrub - leaves my skin feeling like satin. It's also not the slightest bit oily or greasy, & easily rinses clean with no residue. 2nd the comments below about the tub; at least it's plastic and reasonably sturdy so I can keep it in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2003 5:39:00 PM More reviews by rhg1

Non-oily man-made sugar-like scrub I keep returning to.Leaves my skin wonderfully soft and smooth, but I find a jar doesn't last me very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2002 9:34:00 AM More reviews by keepsmiling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this range is great! Good products, great price! I just think that the scrub should have different packaging i.e. rather than the tub put it in a tube or pump.