Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

I got this at cvs farmacy and it was buy one get one so I had to get it! I put it on my lips and loved it, it was so smooth and the smell was amazing! After about 5 minutes my lips were soft... I re-applied it like an hour later and my lips got much softer! I would def. buy this again!

on 8/12/2013 12:49:00 AM

I am a huge fan of Nivea and I use a lot of their products. When I first heard about these lip butters, I knew I had to try them. I first purchased the Raspberry Rosé Kiss. I love the smell of it. It's refreshing, fruity and smells of summer. The second one I purchased was the Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss. This one is by far my favorite! The sensational smells of Vanilla and macadamia nut are perfectly in sync with one another. I think more of these smells as a fall/winter scent so I will most likely be using it during that time as well. When you open the tin you see that it's texture is very smooth. It glides on perfectly and stays on your lips for a while. I have noticed that when you use these lip butters you can tell that it provides a little color to your lips and it looks white to a pinkish color with the Raspberry Rosé lip butter. Overall, I like these lip butters and would love to try the Caramel kiss one next!

on 8/1/2013 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

While these products smell good and are nice to put on, I'm not sure they do much else for your lips. The main ingredient is Petrolatum (ie Petroleum jelly) so it mainly sits on top of your lips, it doesn't hydrate them. It can prevent moisture from leaving your lips but if they are already damaged, it won't repair them. It's a decent product if you like to feel pampered but I think there are better products on the market and I'm not sure this one is worth all the hype. Too bad they don't taste as good as they smell :)

Edit: I'm tossing this since I really cannot stand the greasiness. It just sits on top of my lips and does not feel good to me at all. I'd take an EOS lip balm any day over the Nivea. If I want something that heals my lips fast and usually over night - I use Burts Bees or good old fashioned Carmex.

on 7/29/2013 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have decided to try this instead my usual nivea lip balm. I would say it is a very good product. It moisturizes very well smells good to and has good ingredients in it. I never had a problem with white tint on my lips, but the only thing I wasn't fond of is the packaging. It is a good product to add to usual routine, but I wouldn't carry it around due to sanitary purposes.

on 7/29/2013 8:56:00 PM

I gave this product 4 stars because as others mentioned, it did leave a white-ish film on my lips & made them feel slightly icky. After 20-30 minutes it absorbs nicely & my lips feel fantastic!!

Some mentioned that they hated the packaging. I love it. I always wash my hands before and after applying so having to use my fingers doesn't bother me. If it bothers you, use a application brush :)

on 7/29/2013 6:33:00 AM

I have the vanilla & macadamia kiss. This is a great lip butter with a lovely texture and smell. This is a great lip product! This lip butter is very hydrating.

on 7/27/2013 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have raspberry rosé kiss and oh my gosh the smell is amazing. It glides on very very well and moisturizes incredibly. However, I don't like the light pink color that it gives my lips. I would prefer a completely clear formula. Even so, this is my favorite lip product. Great to use with an eos lip balm beforehand. Also, the packaging is awful. It's so difficult to open it sometimes

I bought the vanilla macadamia kiss and the smell reminds me of a vanilla cupcake. This is my favorite lip product ever. I don't think it would be very good as a stick or in a tube though. But it's big enough to put your lips to. Will Repurchase

on 7/23/2013 2:41:00 AM

First off, the scent I got was Raspberry Ros Kiss. This is THE most delightful smelling thing I've ever smelled. If they had this in a body wash, I would buy it for life. Anyways, not only does this smell amazing, it gives my lips great hydration. I use it a couple times a day. I use the E.L.F. lip exfoliator and then apply this afterwards and my lips love this routine. Also, though I typically wear this under a lipstick, I wouldn't mind just smoothing this over my lips in the winter and going out like that because the color is a very pretty and wearable light pink I bought one at clearance at Walmart for I think only $2! I wish I had gotten a couple more from the clearance section because I ended up buying another tin at Walgreena for twice the price, but to me, it is so worth it. There's so much product and I've been using this all summer and have yet to even use just the surface of this tin. Amazing!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

An absolutely beautiful product.
I love everything about this lip butter. It smells delicious and it makes your lips feel smooth and moisturized for a decent amount of time. Lets just say if you eat, you'll have to reapply this to get that moisturizing feel back on your lips, but that's what's expected and that's fine. I personally wear this at night time when I'm going to bed or when I'm wearing a matte lipstick which is quite drying.
I highly recommend this product because it has everything that you could ever want in a lip butter such as:
-moisturizing:it really does leave your lips feeling moisturized & soft.
-super delicious scent:it smells of vanilla pudding, yum :)
-is great to wear over matte lipstick.

I will repurchase this and even try the other flavours in the range.

Popular Lip Treatments