October 23, 2014 | 1414 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are expecting 'Baby lips' at various colors, it's not. It's highly pigmented and kind of drying. And it goes on kind of streaky. I tried to remove it from my lips right away and it left a color stain on my lips that felt a bit weird.

Good for: Poeple who want to try a lipstick
Not for: people looking for a color lip balm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Now that Maybelline has come out with their version of a sheer, glossy lipstick, I had to give it a go because sheers are my fav! I have the shades Lust for Blush and A Plum Prospect and I'm happy to report that I like them both. Lust For Blush is a nice pinky nude and A Plum Prospect is a sheer plum, lovely! Their lasting power isn't fantastic, but I personally prefer a sheer average-lasting lipstick that is comfortable to wear as opposed to a pigmented long-lasting one that is drying and uncomfortable. Although I can only speak for the two I own, I really like 'em and it seems there should be a shade for everyone!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by cherylnk

I bought the color in berry ready. I opted for one of the deeper looking colors since I figured the color payoff would be sheer. This particular color is very highly pigmented and glides on smoothly onto your lips. It feels hydrating when it goes on and it didn't dry out my lips either. It's a really pretty pinkish berry color and left a stain on my lips that lasted through a nap and dinner. The color faded, but it faded evenly and the stain it left was nice. I highly recommend this particular shade and cannot wait to try more colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by moonzika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate almost every single lip product drugstores have to offer. They've always got one fatal flaw, and I've generally been turned off by a lot of budget lipsticks and lipglosses. These guys are fantastic, though. I've got solidly pink lips, so sheer lipsticks tend to be a gamble. However, the Color Whispers are everything I've ever wanted in a sheer lip color. They are pigmented enough to blank out the color of my lips, but they retain a juicy, translucent quality to them. It's extremely impressive. I have loved all seven colors I've tried, and I plan to get more. People with pigmented lips probably won't get much out of the very light colors, but I got great results from Mocha Muse, Lust for Blush, and Petal Rebel. They did not apply like clear lip balm on my lips. Some Like it Taupe gave my lips an overall lighter look and masked some of the pink in my lips, which is about as much as I wanted from it. Be sure to at least try one Color Whisper before writing them off as yet another garbage sheer lip product. They've got a lot to offer!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are obviously Maybelline's answer to Loreal's Caress line of lipsticks and so far I'm pretty impressed. I own about 4 of these so far and I'm enjoying all of them but I'd have to say that Pin Up Peach is by far my favorite. It's a very pretty peachy-pink shade that seems like it would be complimentary on most skin tones. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw some reviews online saying it was better than the lip treatments. I was very upset after trying it whe the pigmentation was subpar, the texture was not creamy at all and left a greasy feel on my face. The lasting power is terrible also. The only good thing about this product is the packaging if very pleasant.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by preeti77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this lipstick in number 65 Pink Possibilities. The lipstick goes on very smooth and is really creamy. However, beware if you tend to have dry lips. I feel like if I don't exfoliate my lips before putting this lipstick on, it clings to every dry part of my lips. It kind of reminds me of the L'Oreal caresse lipsticks (those are about $10, this was $5). For me, this lipstick is not long lasting, it comes off in about an hour. So reapplication throughout the day is a must! The colors are so beautiful though, I will definitely be picking more up, but only if they are on sale!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore Pin Up Peach, it gives me a fresh tint of coral-peach.
About the new Whispers...
THEY ARE MEANT TO BE SHEER TINTS. Please do not buy them if you are expecting pigmented lipsticks. They are meant to be moisturizing balms with hits of color. I have very pigmented lips and this color shows up just beautifully on me. Not too sheer, but much more natural than a lipstick. I can say for my lips these are very moisturizing, more so than Revlon lipbutters. Revlon lip butters pack more of a color punch, but I find them too close to lipsticks.
The whispers are easy, I apply them without a mirror for a quick fix on the run and it gives a nice sheen without being a thick glossy finish. I do wish there was SPF in them, but I love them regardless.
I love all lip products...lipstick, gloss and tints. I use them for different purposes and Maybelline Whispers gave me an easy flush of color with moisture.

I bought mine at Target because it was cheaper than drugstores and Ulta.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm with Ghoulina on this. I have Coral Ambition and it might as well be clear lip balm. The only place where color shows up is in any dry areas on my lips. Absolutely pointless. I am not interested in getting any other shades. Big disappointment.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Ghoulina

I bought this in Petal Rebel and there is nothing rebellious about it. It is so sheer it might as well be clear. I knew it wasn't going to be opaque, but neither did I expect it to be completely sheer - even after running it over my lips more times than I like. Maybe if you have pale lips you'll get some colour out of this, but I get nothing. I don't like the smell (is it fruity? caramel-ish?) or the taste and the consistency is thin and feels kinda slimy. Hate it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No