Maybelline Color Whisper

4.1

Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, BHT, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Linalool, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Benzyl Benzoate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine.

on 2/2/2013 9:42:00 PM

These are ok. They really arent anything to get excited about. They are similar to revlon lip butters but with less pigmentation. And people they are SUPPOSED to be sheer why do you think its called "color whisper" come on......anyways..I love the color they give (more than a balm but less than a lipstick) but the problems I have with these are
1. VERY strong fragrance...if you are sensitive to scented products you wont like these, they are heavily scented (scented perfume - they have no taste)
2. The packaging is...eh. I would like them a lot more if they were packaged like a lip balm because they can be applied like a balm (without a mirror).

I probably wont buy them again but they were fun to try.

on 2/2/2013 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this in bare to be bold ,wich is a pale sheer nude, and got also,some like it taupe wich is a sheer pale beige.Enought pigmented to be seen,but sheer enought to look natural!Creamy and smooth texture,hold on long enought,but must reapply in the day! Nice choice of colors! Love it!

I bought this lip color today in "Bare to be Bold". When I first saw it, I thought that the look of the product itself looked really nice, and it was only about $6 so I decided to give it a try. When I first put it on, I thought it looked a little odd on my lips, especially since they were dried out. About 5 minutes later when I looked at my lips again, I noticed that the color blended out perfectly on my lips and you couldn't even see the dryness on my lips anymore. It also smells really nice too. All in all, it is a very good drug store product and I'm very glad I bought it!

on 1/29/2013 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased this product in "Pin Up Peach". I really like this product. It seems Maybelline waited and took the best of the Revlon Lip Butters and L'Oreal Caresse and put it together in these guys. My complaint about the Revlon Lip Butters was that it was too dry a formula, so that the opacity was ruined when it got stuck in dry cracks in the lips and didn't ever settle into the lips. My complaint about the L'Oreal version was that it had too much slip, giving it a false sense of "moisture" while sheering out the color too much and causing the lipstick to glide all over the lip and not wear long at all.
Maybelline's Color Whisper has just enough pigment to be visible, and it seems to be pretty buildable with a couple layers. The formula also seems superior to that of Revlon's and L'Oreal's, as it glides on very nicely, but does not get stuck on dry cracks or slide right off the lip. Well done Maybelline. I will be purchasing many more of this product.
"Pin Up Peach" is a beautiful coral color, slightly more orange than pink on my lips. A hint of gold shimmer, but not too much to be distracting, just enough to give it some luminosity and dimension.

on 1/28/2013 7:13:00 PM

This is my all-time favorite lip product by Maybelline. I bought a nude color and a peach color over the weekend, and I loved them so much, I bought two more today. At less than six bucks each, these are a super affordable alternative to people who aren't crazy about the Revlon Lip Butters. Personally, I think these are much better. The color comes off slightly more sheer, but the product glides on so smoothly, it feels amazing on the lips. I feel like the darker colors have a little more color pay-off, but you can get a decent amount of coverage no matter what color you choose. These are now my go-to moisturizing lip products. I definitely recommend them! PLUS--omg. The packaging. It's the cutest freaking thing EVER. Good job, Maybelline. This one's a keeper.

on 1/27/2013 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to like this product, but I didn't like how it settled into the lips of my lips. Maybe my lines are really deep?? But I've never had a problem like this before. Going back to my Revlon lip butters.

Colours are really pretty though, and when you press your lips together and the pigment is all spread out, it gives your lips a nice flush.

on 1/26/2013 1:00:00 PM

would recommend going for the darker colors because the lighter ones will not show up on your lips since they are so sheer and the color is hard to build up

if you have little to no pigmentation to your lips, the pale pink colors might work for you but on me they just made my lips look glossy, no color what so ever

packaging looks cute but a bit cheap

doesn't really last long on lips

would recommend this for younger girls who just want a little bit of color and some shine

cute product but wouldnt repurchase

on 1/24/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Performance: I really enjoy the feel of this lip product. It's smooth, moisturizing, and has a slight gloss to the lips.I find that even though it has a slicker feel, it stayed on my lips for well over 4 hours. It also stained my lips a tiny bit, which I didn't mind at all since the stain was smooth and uniform and looked natural. Also, it smells like Fruity Pebbles!

Me: I'm a neutral medium-light tone with dark hair and eyes and slightly pigmented lips, for reference.

Color: I bought one in Made-It-Mauve.The color I got makes my lips look like my lips but slightly redder or more flushed in a very natural way. It shows up as a sheer tint of neutral berry tone on my lips.

Packing: Really appealing and cute. I love jelly and see-through pink and coral colored packaging so I love the packing for this line a lot! It's also a slimmer tube which I like.

on 1/22/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

These lipsticks are just mediocre, very average nothing special. I'd rather buy a MAC lipstick

on 1/20/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging on these looked kind of cheap and I wasn't crazy about the L'oreal caresse lipsticks that are also "sheer color" so I wouldn't have even tried these if not for the good reviews here. So glad I did! I purchased the pin up peach shade which seems to be a favorite and who-wore-it-redder. I love how these feel on and that I can see my lips through them but still have good color. I liked the lip butters but found them at times to be a little heavier/greasier than I wanted. These maybelline products are much better feeling to me. They feel very light and smooth. The color payoff on both of these was surprisingly good. The red color is very pigmented! I see some people complaining about lack of color so it must depend on what shade you choose. The peach shade is very flattering and easy for me to wear. I can give myself several swipes with it. The red shade is a little more difficult for me. I'm not a red lips kind of girl but I purchased this one because I had seen it online described as more of a reddish watermelon pink when applied. Two light swipes on me= extremely bright cool toned red that is almost crossing the line into a fuchsia. Too bright and red for me to pull off but flattering on somebody I'm sure. Next I tried dabbing it on with my finger. I think I can maybe pull it off dabbed on and I'm going to play around with toning it down with a gloss. At the price of these I don't regret my buy and want to get a pink one too. The only drawback I noticed was that when I applied the red the color seemed to slip slide around and smear outside of my lip line. I didn't notice this with the peach but if you have fair skin and plan on applying a normal coat of the red it may be an issue. I highly doubt that these wear very long but they don't claim to. UPDATE: bought Lust for Blush and its a wonderful natural nude shade for me when I want to wear cooler makeup colors. Not milky at all and very flattering.

Recommended for Medium Skin