August 29, 2014 | 925 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by preeti77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this lipstick in number 65 Pink Possibilities. The lipstick goes on very smooth and is really creamy. However, beware if you tend to have dry lips. I feel like if I don't exfoliate my lips before putting this lipstick on, it clings to every dry part of my lips. It kind of reminds me of the L'Oreal caresse lipsticks (those are about $10, this was $5). For me, this lipstick is not long lasting, it comes off in about an hour. So reapplication throughout the day is a must! The colors are so beautiful though, I will definitely be picking more up, but only if they are on sale!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore Pin Up Peach, it gives me a fresh tint of coral-peach.
About the new Whispers...
THEY ARE MEANT TO BE SHEER TINTS. Please do not buy them if you are expecting pigmented lipsticks. They are meant to be moisturizing balms with hits of color. I have very pigmented lips and this color shows up just beautifully on me. Not too sheer, but much more natural than a lipstick. I can say for my lips these are very moisturizing, more so than Revlon lipbutters. Revlon lip butters pack more of a color punch, but I find them too close to lipsticks.
The whispers are easy, I apply them without a mirror for a quick fix on the run and it gives a nice sheen without being a thick glossy finish. I do wish there was SPF in them, but I love them regardless.
I love all lip products...lipstick, gloss and tints. I use them for different purposes and Maybelline Whispers gave me an easy flush of color with moisture.

I bought mine at Target because it was cheaper than drugstores and Ulta.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm with Ghoulina on this. I have Coral Ambition and it might as well be clear lip balm. The only place where color shows up is in any dry areas on my lips. Absolutely pointless. I am not interested in getting any other shades. Big disappointment.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Ghoulina

I bought this in Petal Rebel and there is nothing rebellious about it. It is so sheer it might as well be clear. I knew it wasn't going to be opaque, but neither did I expect it to be completely sheer - even after running it over my lips more times than I like. Maybe if you have pale lips you'll get some colour out of this, but I get nothing. I don't like the smell (is it fruity? caramel-ish?) or the taste and the consistency is thin and feels kinda slimy. Hate it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I am IN LOVE with this formula! They glide on better than the Loreal Caresse but like others have said, not as thick as the Revlon Lipbutters. I purchased this in 6 shades:
20 - Mocah Muse - (nude peach)
25 - Lust of Blush (nude pink)
30 - Pin Up Peach (peach/pale coral)
55 - One Size Fits Pearl (pearly pink)
60 - Petal Rebal (cool light pink)
80 - Made it Mauve (dusty rose)
These are sheer, but can be layered for a more opaque look. The colours stay shiny and glossy after initial application but tend to fade by the 4 hour mark. Re-applying is not a problem as these don't bleed into the liplines (pointing my finger at you Revlon) and look chunky. These do not dry out my lips, but I also apply a lipbalm prior to these, as I would any other lipcolour. I prefer these over the Loreal and Revlon handsdown. They are cheaper, better quality and the results are nice on my lips.

I purchased these at London Drugs for $9.99/each as they were having a buy 2, get 1 free on all Maybelline. These can also be found at Walmart Canada for $7.97 each. They are NOT in a special display, but in a permanent display in the Maybelline section.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by WindowKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love these colors!!! Just as the adds say (which i noticed no one seemed to read before buying and using) its a light, more sheer color than the other lip colors! Its buildable and very smooth. Not something everyone will love, as it does tend to fade quickly. But I bought; One Size Fits Pearl, Coral Ambitoin, and Petal Rebal. All of which are amazing! If you like more sheer colors that can be built to a stronger color this is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Target in Bare To Be Bold, I had been looking for a lip balm that wasn't as boring as carmex or Chapstick, I had a horrible allergic reaction, to EOS, Baby Lips made my lips feel super dry,...but I love Color Whisper it is very moisturizing when I take my make up off my lips feel softer after using it. I am an NW25 right now and NW30, NW35 in the summer, I'm half Japanese with yellow tinted skin, green eyes and black hair I don't find the color showing up on me to be an issue at all and I bought the lightest color, I love nudes. I usually put it on top of my MAC Creme D' Nude if I start to feel a little dry and it gives a beautiful wash of color and shine and keeps any creasing of my lipstick or it getting matte on me. It does go quickly and $7.99 for a drugstore lip balm is pricey I've had it for a few weeks and am almost out and every Target in my area has been sold out. So I think people must like it I just wish I didn't run out super quick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up "pin up peach" and "rose of attraction". For reference, I am nc25-30 with warm undertones.

Pin up peach - pinky/peach shade that looks really natural.
Rose of attraction - medium rosey pink color with a slight purple undertone to it. One swipe of this and it's already a pretty deep shade.

These lipsticks are amazing!! They really are like the l'oreal caresse lipsticks: sheer in color with a slight sheen to them. Lasting power isn't that long but I don't mind reapplying because these are moisturizing as well. Def would repurchase!!

Update: also picked up "mocha muse", which is a creamy pinky nude/brown color. It reminds me of revlon's lip butter in "pink truffle" but without the shimmer. Def a MLBb color for girls that have medium-dark skintone.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Blingbling07

I only got this in one color (pink possibilities) and I had pretty high expectations since some on YouTube even said that this line was better than the lip butters. I was so disappointed, the pigmentation was average, the texture was not creamy at all but rather thin and watery and greasy feeling. The color settled into the lines in my lips. lasting power is horrible. I don't know about the other colors, but it is just a very below average product based on that shade. In my opinion the selection of colors is pretty average as well.The only good thing about this is the color itself is pretty and I really like the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I would have completely ignored these if someone hadn't mentioned they were better than the Loreal Caresse lipsticks and less thick than Revlon Lip Butters. I like the slim tube, scent, color selection, and wear time. These are not meant to wear for longer than 4 hours, but they do keep my lips in good condition. We're in the middle of winter, so all lip products struggle to give enough moisture. I like them and think I will buy a few more.