Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

3.0

on 4/28/2013 8:00:00 AM

I recently bought this BB cream at target because I heard mixed reviews of it and wanted to try it for myself. It is light coverage and feels like there is nothing on my skin. It covered my dark circles pretty well. The bottle it comes in seems small, but it is comepletely full! If you have a lot of skin problems, this is not full coverage so I would look at something heavier. It also doesn't have rediculous claims that it doesn't fulfill. For my light, dry skin I love this BB cream!

on 4/25/2013 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

First off, let me say that this product might be wonderful for those without skin problems, but unfortunately, I have a special kind of skin issue that makes buying things on a whim an absolute nightmare. My face is extremely sensitive and prone to rosacea outbursts (mild to moderate; its mostly just goes irritatingly pink, but it occasionally reacts terribly and blisters). It had been a while since a flare-up, and I use this brand for my foundations (colorstay), so I thought I'd do what I never do, and just give it a go ($8 Kroger sale was a big factor).

However, it did nothing but confirm my fear of change.

First, it went on grease-tacular and stayed pretty slick all day. I have a slightly oily t-zone, but the rest of my face is pretty normal, and it just felt WET all day. The coverage was all right, although the color ran dark. It burned upon first application, but I live in Texas and confused the stinging eyes/burning skin as a sign of just being outside. It wasn't until I got home and wiped it off that I realized the extent of the damage.

I put this on at noon today, wiped it off at 5. Its now midnight, and my face STILL stings. I have a few telltale bumps just begging to turn into little, shiny monsters tomorrow. Any contact to my skin is painful, and my under eye area has swollen up enough to give me a droopy-eyed, half sedated look. Luckily I had a bottle of prosacea laying around for my occasional hormonal acne spots, and the redness is just now turning into a lightly sunburned shade, rather than the violent red it had been ever since I took it off.

I dont particularly blame the formula, as I can just be ridiculously sensitive, but to anyone that has any similar issues, DONT DO IT. You face will thank you for deciding against extreme torture.

on 4/22/2013 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product blended right into my skin and looked very natural when I first applied it. It didn't cover a lot (still needed concealer) but I didn't expect or need it to. That said, I don't think this is a great product for skin on the oily side. The first time I tried it I applied it after my moisturizer and it had slid around and disappeared in a patchy way several hours later. The second time I tried it I applied it on bare skin. It lasted better this time but still was not long lasting and I got fairly oily with it. I do love the fact that it has good spf coverage though be careful because due to this it stings eyes if it gets into them. This is a better product than the Garnier bb cream that was hyped so much and that I hated. The color is a lot more natural and it even lasts longer than that. I would suggest this product for people with skin that is on the normal to dry side and doesn't require much coverage. EDIT: reduced it to a 2. It was making me break out and the Flower Brank bb cream is so much better for me.

on 4/21/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

A review for the lightest shade.

Ratings depend on what the user wanted and expected. I wanted, and got, a few things. I always use a moisturizer with an spf, my skin is dry anyways. And though this would be fine alone if you gotta (or wanna) do a one-step face, it is not moisturizing at all. Infact it makes dry spots flake up just so everyone knows. It does improve the look of your face, though it's sheer despite how unmovingly thick it is. I wanted this BB cream to hide the redness in my cheeks, my slight dark circles, and overall even my tone. This is the one drugstore BB cream I would buy again. I wish I could post a before and after. My whole face is even, my cheeks are not red, my dark circles are gone. Best of all it doesn't look like makeup, it looks like me bare-faced but perfect. It even fades the look of dark marks when it's on like a concealer does. It's just crazy that it does this because it's so sheer! But I found that I like that. Now I understand why this got a Best in Beautypedia.

Remember to keep this away from light as often as you can. There's a little window and exposure can cause some of the good ingredients to break down. Don't be afraid to layer a different product on top of this for more coverage if you want it. Or maybe mix it with foundation on your hand and apply. Lots of things you can do, I just recommend this, especially to people that are tired of doing so many steps just to look bare-faced.

4 instead of 5 is because the packaging doesn't completely protect ingredients and I would never want someone to see my face upclose with this on because it makes me flakey as hell. As far as choosing a color goes, I am usually the lightest shade in things but they're never light enough. :/ Or they are but they're too yellow or too peachy like Maybelline's BB cream and we all know their sh*t oxidizes like a muhfuh. I have so many full "Fair" or "Light" BB creams sitting beside my Revlon because they were just too dark. And I know I said to combine with a foundation (I have the lightest color in the Fit Me line) but I wanted one step and Revlon's BB cream worked. I hope they come out with more shades for the lovely darker girls and boys out there.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

UGH. AWFUL.

I'm looking for lighter, fresher coverage now that I'm getting older. I no longer want the heavy, flat, matte coverage that I used to choose for my oily skin.

So I expected this to be emollient. I expected it to have a dewy finish. I expected the coverage to be minimal. In fact, I chose it for exactly those reasons.

But this goes far, far, far beyond "emollient". It's downright greasy and does not sink into the skin or "set" at all. It sits on top of the skin and smears and slides and transfers. It feels and smells very strongly like actual sunscreen. I knew this product had a high SPF, but I did not expect the strong smell. Normally product fragrances don't bother me at all. Even Colorstay, which some people have reported to smell like paint, doesn't bother me in the slightest. But I really cannot stand the strong chemical odor of this product.

And oddly, all the pigment seems to actually seek out the fine lines and pores and sit right inside them, while failing to cover anything else at all. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen.

Perhaps most bothersome of all is the fact that it broke me out almost immediately. Now it's true that as an oily skinned gal, I'm prone to breakouts. But I had this on my face for literally ten minutes before I washed it off. An hour later, I had a huge, red, throbbing blemish on the side of my nose. Everything else I used that day were tried and true products that have proven trustworthy for my problem skin. I've been doing this long enough to know not to to introduce multiple new products at once. It's the only explanation. I blame it on the high SPF content. Again, I knew that when I purchased the product, so I took a risk. But those of you who are sensitive to chemical sunscreens, consider yourselves warned.

Not for me. I can't really believe it's a good producty for anybody, frankly.

on 4/19/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first ever BB cream, and my first foray back into liquid foundation after being a BE mineral makeup advocate for years.

I felt as though my mineral makeup looked contrived and chalky, wasn't lasting long, and may have something to do with breakouts. I put it aside and picked up the light/medium shade to try, knowing full well it has silicone and would break me out.

After three days and comments from my mother about how great my skin looked, I assessed the "damage": better moisture, fewer breakouts, no worse lasting power. I continued use, and the effect was the same.

I never thought my mineral, "natural", makeup was breaking me out, but after researching, maybe it was. Or maybe I am blessed enough that the silicone in this does not block my pores but protects other unwanted things from entering them.

Whatever the reason, I enjoy this. I need natural, professional coverage by day, lasting wear as I work outside, and a decent price point. This meets those needs. It looks dewy, and helps concealer blend. It does not cover everything, nor is it supposed to, but for the SPF, I forgive that. As it has improved my frequency of breakouts, I can't fault it for not completely covering old blemish marks. I have had to begin using setting powder (mineral veil), to keep it lasting longer.

I tend to be between fair and light, and mixing the two lower shades renders the perfect shade for me ( light is too pale, light/med too orange on cheeks). I notice some separation by end of day, especially with regards to cheeks and blush. But for the moisture and natural finish (at first), I am pleased with this and haven't touched my BE since.

on 4/15/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Iíve heard good things about this BB cream from reviews and youtube, so when I saw it at Ulta for 40% off I couldnít resist (I think it was around $5 on sale).

For reference, Iím very fair, cool toned MAC NW20 Ė I picked this up in the lightest shade Light/Pale. I've noticed a lot of BB creams in Light are too orange/dark for my skin, so I'm happy that this color is actually Light like it claims.

This BB has SPF 30, which I think is a big plus. My plan is to wear this in the summer when Iím going for a ďno makeupĒ look with added sun protection. Iíve been testing it out for about a week and like it so far. I donít think it can work as an all day lasting product Ė but for running around on the weekend or for going out it does a good job.

I have oily skin and this product is really GLOWY (not sure what the word is for it). Itís not shimmery or sparkly at all, just makes my skin dewy/glowy. You will flipping love it if you have dry skin! For my oily skin, I have to RUN to set it with powder Ė trust me in an hour it would not look cute! Once I set it with powder, the coverage is really good.

I use a pea sized amount for all over my face, then go back with a little more for my chin and nose to cover redness/unevenness. I used the Nearly Naked Revlon powder to set it - they make a nice combo.

For the price, Iím happy with it. A lot of the drugstore BB creams are too high $$ IMO, so if you can snag it on sale I think itís worth testing out! continued >>

on 4/15/2013 2:05:00 PM

I'm so impressed with this tinted moisturizer. It covers just enough, smooths things out. I have oily skin and it doesn't get shiny unless I'm wearing it out in the heat, in which case everything turns shiny on me.

on 4/15/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was given a BEST rating on Paula's Choice so I absolutely had to try it. Good god, was I in for a nasty surprise. I wore this over Estee Lauder's Nutritious Day Gel-Creme and Biotherm sunscreen. This product's slip value was so high that it refused to stay on my skin and sank straight into my pores! It looked so awful that I had to wash everything off and restart the skin regime, and this time I used L'Oreal True Match (an adequate foundation btw, though not my absolute favourite). No problems with L'Oreal. The next day I attempted again, this time with Shiseido White Lucent underneath and no Biotherm sunscreen. It stuck this time, but I was disappointed to find that the coverage was ZERO. It is at best a primer with suncreen in my opinion. It can, however, be layered IF your skin isn't properly moisturised such that it doesn't slip. I had to apply 5 times before the pigment covered even some flaws. A most disappointing product and I definitely will not repurchase.

If you are looking for a tinted moisturiser with little/no coverage, this would be good, however. It is very lightweight and you barely notice it's there at all.

on 4/15/2013 3:00:00 AM

This is definitely the best drugstore foundation out there in my opinion. I love the thick consistency. It makes my skin feel smooth and i love that it has spf 30. The shade light matched my skin perfectly and blended well. Will buy again!