August 30, 2014 | 1158 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by AizsaWong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have typical Asian eyelashes and this does a wonderful job of giving me long natural eyelashes. The formula doesn't clump, stays on all day and doesn't smudge too. I've been wearing it almost everyday for the past two weeks? The brush has bristles that allows even application on short sparse eyelashes. I took a star away because the bristles are pretty sharp and when it pokes your eye, it HURTS. Just be careful and you'll love this for sure too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love the brush and it works great. makes my lashes fuller and it is waterproof. a great mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara was getting so much hype on YouTube that I had to try it out. I'm not a huge drugstore product girl, but I do love Covergirl's LashBlast and thought this would be a nice change. It's not.

My mascara routine consists of: Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base, 1 coat of waterproof mascara (LashBlast/The Rocket), 1-2 coats of whatever I am using at the moment. The Rocket does not hold a curl nearly as well as LashBlast does. I find the formula to be too wet for my taste, and even after a few weeks has not dried out enough to my liking.

Once again, the YouTube drugstore hype has failed me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Gigglesz123

I love this mascara! It's definitely one of my favorites. It's not too clumpy and really adds lots of volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ave1416

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my all time favorite mascara! I love so much about it starting with the fact that it doesn't clump up my lashes. It doesn't weigh my lashes down either which is awesome because I hate when my lashes feel heavy and sticky. I like how the brush is big but its still small enough to reach the lashes in the corners of my eyes. I love how I can use it for both my lower and upper lashes! I also how it makes my lashes look full and long which is the look I always go for. I also love how it's inexpensive and it lasts a couple of weeks. I would recommend this product to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by makeup0bsessedx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've purchased this so many times! AMAZING product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by komkom99

I thought overall this was a really good mascara for really making your eyes pop but it doesn't give you great definition... I use this with another mascara (voluminous false fiber lashes) and I've never been happier with the results this mascara makes your eyelashes extremely dark but it clumps easily so it does kinda require an expert hand

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by payphonesandcollarbones

I feel like most of the other mascaras from the Volum' Express line overshadow this one, but it deserves more of the limelight than it is shed. It's not the best in the line, but it's more than efficient. The sonic brush makes the lashes look thicker and more voluminous in the first couple of weeks I used it, but after a while it got pretty normal (or maybe I just got used to it, haha!). The packaging is super cute too! It's in a dark blue tube with neon pink writing. Was my favorite mascara for about three months, but I just got the Falsies one! I'll see how that fares.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by BigBeauty

Greatly lengthened and gave volume to my lashes, however it was clumpy and somewhat messy. I definitely will use up the rest of it but will not be repurchashing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Kluvsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Is this mascara really worth the hype? My answer is no. I have tried so many different mascaras (both drugstore and hight end) but I always come back to Maxfactor mascaras because they are just great.
Almost every beauty vlogger on YouTube was raving about the Rocket mascara, and since it was on sale in my local drugstore, I decided to buy it.
I didn't have much hope on this product, so I wasn't very disappointed when I tried it. The mascara doesn't give any "wow effect", actually it doesn't add my lashes neither length nor volume. It holds curl pretty good though and doesn't flake (at least in one coat). I got into a snowstorm one day and I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't give me that awkward "panda look" (not waterproof formula).
To sum up, it's an average mascara with good staying power (it will be hard to remove it with water). If you are a Maybelline fan or if your natural lashes have enough length and volume, than go for it.