September 23, 2014 | 2075 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by jennyko228

I bought this last summer because everyone on YouTube was raving about this mascara so much. I really like this mascara because it does what it's meant to do. It makes your lashes look voluminous and thick. I also got this for my friend who has really sparse lashes and this mascara did wonders for her. However, this mascara did not really stand out in the crowd and I will not buy it again because this was not really my type. (I prefer the L'oreal Telescopic mascara) I absolutely hate the packaging of this because its so bulky and huge and makes it so difficult to store with other makeup and carry it in your makeup pouch - it takes up a lot of space!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my very honest review!

For more, make sure you check out - jennysfirstdays.wordpress.com

Thanks!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Tanoro

I really had high hopes for this mascara. Yet, I found myself leaving it in the back corner of my makeup drawer.

I don't want to entirely bash this product because I loved how it made my lashes look. I really did. But unfortunately, throughout my day, I noticed I had some fallout on my cheeks! It looked really bad because it started to smear and it looked as if I had dirt on my face.

Maybe the formula isn't for me. Packaging is awesome as always, I loved how my lashes look, but the only problem was the flaking of the mascara. But I will try this mascara again (at home) and see what the problem is exactly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Flurby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The only mascara I have ever purchased more than once. I've always felt they all do the same job, so I've just been trying new ones everytime I switched, but now I'm on my 3rd tube of this. Elongates and separates, holds a curve, does not clump (unless you've already got clumps on the wand before you apply. If so you might try to wipe off residue with a tissue before you apply), and most importantly it LASTS the whole day! I've never experienced this before. No drizzling of mascara beneath the eyes at the end of the day. Before I got this mascara I had been wearing lash extensions for 3-4 months, but I was still not disappointed with this. No need for lash extensions anymore. Happiness!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by jessinfinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

nothing amazing but it does the job. I find that it does give me a good amount of length and does not clump but it's not something I'd bother wasting my money on again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by kawaiidesu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is absolutely adorable! It's so cute!!! I got this as a little gift from my friend and I couldn't wait to try it. When you apply the mascara, the little bristles may hurt your lashline and waterline so avoid apply the mascara so close. It's not like you're supposed to do that anyways haha. My eyelashes aren't your typical asian eyelashes. Yes, they are straight but they are also pretty long and thick but not as I would like them to. I usually apply 2 coats of mascara and it makes my eyelashes almost look like falsies. Which I absolutely love! If I want my eyelashes to look like mega falsies, I apply 5 coats of mascara and it's beautiful!!! This mascara DOES clump a little but it IS a volumizing mascara. It flakes a bit but not to the point it is crazy. It may smudge a little for oily skin people like me but I heard the waterproof one is really difficult to take off so I'm happy my friend got me the regular. I love it so much though!!!<3 Check out my other reviews! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by AizsaWong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have typical Asian eyelashes and this does a wonderful job of giving me long natural eyelashes. The formula doesn't clump, stays on all day and doesn't smudge too. I've been wearing it almost everyday for the past two weeks? The brush has bristles that allows even application on short sparse eyelashes. I took a star away because the bristles are pretty sharp and when it pokes your eye, it HURTS. Just be careful and you'll love this for sure too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love the brush and it works great. makes my lashes fuller and it is waterproof. a great mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara was getting so much hype on YouTube that I had to try it out. I'm not a huge drugstore product girl, but I do love Covergirl's LashBlast and thought this would be a nice change. It's not.

My mascara routine consists of: Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base, 1 coat of waterproof mascara (LashBlast/The Rocket), 1-2 coats of whatever I am using at the moment. The Rocket does not hold a curl nearly as well as LashBlast does. I find the formula to be too wet for my taste, and even after a few weeks has not dried out enough to my liking.

Once again, the YouTube drugstore hype has failed me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Gigglesz123

I love this mascara! It's definitely one of my favorites. It's not too clumpy and really adds lots of volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ave1416

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my all time favorite mascara! I love so much about it starting with the fact that it doesn't clump up my lashes. It doesn't weigh my lashes down either which is awesome because I hate when my lashes feel heavy and sticky. I like how the brush is big but its still small enough to reach the lashes in the corners of my eyes. I love how I can use it for both my lower and upper lashes! I also how it makes my lashes look full and long which is the look I always go for. I also love how it's inexpensive and it lasts a couple of weeks. I would recommend this product to everyone!