L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips

2.8

on 4/23/2003 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It irritates my eyes, the worst eye makeup remover ever used.

on 3/30/2003 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I think this is an absolutely great make-up remover for the price. It removes waterproof mascara very easily and doesn't hurt or sting my eyes. The only think I don't like about it is that it leaves an oily residue. But that means it doesn't dry out my sensitive eye area. I also wish it would perform more quickly when I'm wearing a bit more eye make-up and a few coats of mascara. Then I really have to make an effort to remove it all. But all in all this product is fabulous and inexpensive!

on 3/23/2003 7:43:00 PM

Blah. Not happy with this.

Pros: It's gentle, it doesn't sting, and I like the liquid watery formula. The packaging is also nice.

Cons: This doesn't remove any of my waterproof mascaras, which makes the product useless to me. However, it works well for removing the last traces of eye shadow and so on - but my regular cleanser and toner does that as well :)

on 3/23/2003 7:04:00 PM

I have mixed feelings on this product. I love that it doesn't irritate my eyes or cause bluriness of vision, but I don't love that I go through it like water. I've only had for about 3 months and it's more than half gone. Compared to my Nivea Gentle Eye Makeup remover, which has lasted almost 7 months without signs of running out, I'm not too pleased, considering this costs nearly twice as much. But one advantage this has over the Nivea is that because it's more liquidy, you don't have to rub quite as much, since the product gets into all the little crevices and what not on its own--good because you don't want to tug around the eye area. Doesn't leave any weird residue or smell funky, and I find it's easier to dip a Q-tip into this than the more lotiony Nivea when I want to erase any eye makeup mistake or clean the lashline. I'd repurchase, but only if it's on sale, because I don't think an eye makeup remover needs to cost this much (it's about $10 CAD)...and don't even get me started on Bi-Facils! :)

A really really good makeup remover. As the name says, it's very gentle on the eyes, but still does the job effectively. Very pleased.

on 1/2/2003 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It is not oily and it does a decent job but the ingredients are bad , it contains a lot of Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Laureth-8 Sulfate.

on 11/29/2002 7:06:00 AM

It is only an average quality eye make up remover. It doesn't remove water proof mascara. Good that it is inexpensive. But for this price tag, I prefer to use Rimmel eye make up remover; it gives me the same result but it is cheaper.

on 10/15/2002 5:11:00 AM

I was pretty impressed with this! I HATE oily removers and this one isn't oily at all.. and it was gentle enough to be used around the eye area.