April 18, 2014 | 1970 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish I could rate this 4.5 with half a point off for taking a little extra effort to make it work. The color is phenomenal (I'm NC30-35, olive/gold tones) and lively and is in many ways more natural than pink & certainly peach. But you can't just slap it on & go, as I can with my BB blushes. As others have said, use just a little bit on powdered cheeks (they have to be dry) and blend well. Looks best with a coral or red lipcolor IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I don't understand how a blush that looks bright orange red in the pan can give me the most gorgeous flushed cheeks ever but it does. Exhibit A is my Orgasm. It's simply gorgeous and I didn't even have to use any of my duo fiber brushes or special blending techniques. I just dabbled an old blush brush in the pan to pick up the tiniest bit of color and popped it on my cheeks. A little blending and voila--I had a beautiful flush. Exhibit A is a flat color without any shimmer or specks of glitter but, as with all Nars blushes, it goes on silky smooth. Nars blushes are not powdery or chalky in the least.

Exhibit A must be a magical blush. Orgasm made me look like a cheap hooker. I don't know if it's the pink or peach but it was simply too bright for me and looked very tacky. Exhibit A, on the other hand, gives me a perfect blush. Maybe the warm tones of the orange and red counteract the natural pinkness in my skin?

Don't be scared of Exhibit A. It might turn out to be an HG. By the way, I'm an olive-toned NC 25.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by peonygirl

Ok, I am a makeup freak! But funny thing, I don't wear it on a regular basis and I don't wear any base because on my dark brown complexion all bases either look ashy or dirty orangy. So when I just want to look fresh I put on a little coconut oil (raw) on my face, mascara, a clear brownish gloss and THEN, look out! Exhibit A looks neon bright orange ridiculous but I am telling you, it makes my skin look gorgeous. It is highly pigmented without all that powdery filler and it just attaches to my skin and makes me look flushed and healthy and not at all orangy. Here's how I do it: Dab, dab with my blush brush and then dab dab on clean tissue and lightly dust onto cheeks. Then I press it into my skin a little and I'm done! It would look so fresh on very fair freckled skin too! I use so little of it it will last forever but I may buy another just in case! Hurrah for Nars. They make colors for ALL skin tones and do a gorgeous job at it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been lusting after this product for so long, I miss the rouges of decades past that gave real color, not the powdery mauvey pans I see overwhelming MU counters. This color was a must have, even if I just stared at it. I've finially relinquished my dark eye/nude lip combo for healthy RED lips and have been looking for a few great blushes to combo with it. MAC Loverush is a great neutral one, but not enough red in it, MAC Laid Back is a fantastic reddish burgundy creme blush, but I was looking for a healthy red-pink, and NARS has achieved it! As all others have said, you must apply a light amount and blend blend blend! But I use this and I've got the absolute best blush to wear with red lips. Sometimes I'll do the following: Guerlain bronzer #02, then MAC Laid Back creme, and finally a llight coat of NARS Exhibit A, the color is a blend of bronze, the dewey burgundy and a hint of reddish-pink flush. Finally a blush that shows up on my skin in the summer without having to resort to bright corals! Would definitely repurchase, and may for a back up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by llyangel

I would never have thought this blush could work for someone as pale as me (nc15) but this blush is just gorgeous. I use my MAC 188 stippling brush and barely touch the surface, a light hand is a must. I apply to the apples of my cheeks and blend for the most perfect, natural rosy cheek. Who would have thought such a scary looking colour could look so natural. This blush is extremely pigmented, I only use a tiny amount of product each time which balances out the price as this will last a very, very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by skm68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this blush and i love it. I am dark in complexion and I love the way it shows up on me without making me look like a circus clown. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by aythwonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will never have to buy this blush again but I would gladly do so if I have to. I've been using it all week and it still looks untouched. I'm NC45 and all I do is tap my 187 brush twice (barely touching) into this blush and it's enough color to put on my cheek to keep it looking like a natural blush color. It lasts all day. Sometimes I just want to apply more and more but it's just so simple to get the right look with hardly any product. If I could give it a 6 I would. This is my favorite Nars blush yet. It's scary in the pan but natural on the skin with correct usage. This and MAC Tippy are my favorite go to natural blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by DarlaRay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have found a perfect "flush" cheek color! Who would have thought that it would appear bright orange clown-esq...
After reading all of the reviews on this particular shade of blush, I still had mixed feelings. But, on my last shopping trip to Sephora, I tried the infamous orange Exhibit A, and realized, that a little goes a long way! However after the SA came over and saw my bright orange spot, she fixed it and volia, I had a perfect flush.
I will most likely never need to buy this again, but in the off chance that I need to, I will.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by laila7

One thing i love about Nars blushes is that they are very well pigmented as long as you get the right colour for your complexion. This is a bright, bright deep orange/red, which is great on most complexions as long as you are very light handed and looks great when used with a highlighter to balance it out. Great multi-purpose product on the go for eyes and lips (with clear gloss) too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by claireknowles

I love, love, love this color, but I'm fair. It's a joy for me to find a bright, flat red. I even use it on my lips under glossy Stila lip glazes.