September 19, 2014 | 1827 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Olive11

I went to Sephora and, as I have a number of times already, I asked for something to more or less hide all of the problems I have on my face, mostly revolving around hyperpigmentation. One time I was directed to Hourglass Veil foundation, which was OK, but not so great that I ran out and bought it again. After a number of other unsuccessful attempts to find a product that does it all (Armani, Stila, Dermablend, CoverFX, Lucy's Minerals, Laura Mercier ...), most recently this was recommended to me. First, like a lot of people are saying, you need to apply this on top of a moisturizer. It is dry and doesn't spread well without some moisture added to it. But, it definitely does the job of evening out your skintone and providing fair coverage of flaws. It feels good on, not tacky at all. I am unable to wear it on its own (I could if I wanted to, I suppose) as I need full coverage, but what I do now is I mix Lucy's Minerals with Nars Tinted Radiant Moisturizer and wear that on top of this. The only reason I'm doing this is because these are the products I have right now. I am still looking for a dewy, full coverage, breathable, long-lasting foundation that is non-comedogenic and won't break the bank. (If anyone reading this has any suggestions, please share!)
This is $50 Can. dollars for a fairly small tube so it ain't cheap. But I will most likely buy again. I like that it has SPF (mineral based) in it, and that will save me from having to buy sunscreen as I buy a mineral-based sunscreen with SPF 35 already. I like the fact that is is a multi-tasker and it does what it says it will do on most, if not all, counts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Scubanikki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from Sephora, which was about enough for 5 applications. First of all, my skin tone is AWFUL! Rosacea, purple bags under my eyes, and broken capillaries around my nose. I also have large pores. I typically use Revlon Colorstay foundation and it covers everything (love the stuff), but it's pretty obvious I'm wearing makeup when I wear it.
The first time I appled this BB cream, I wasn't too sure about it. I applied it with my fingers without concealer or powder to set. It certainly didn't cover the bags (nothing does) but pretty much covered everything else. I'm accustomed to setting my foundation with smashbox photo set powder, so skipping this step made my face feel sticky all day :( yuck.
The next few times, I applied the BB cream with a foundation brush along with MUFE concealer and the powder...love, love, love!
I ordered full size after the first day.
I do have a couple gripes (it looks horrible if you have ANY dry skin and it settles a bit into my one smile wrinkle), but it really looks great if you exfoliate and lasts through the day for me if I set it with powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by TempestJo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the lightest shade, and while I liked that it blended well and matched me, the price was a bit high for the amount I got. I ended up returning it because it made my face really itchy within seconds of applying it and the itch didn't go away till I washed it off. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Saandes2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product gave me a pretty good look. It evened out my skin tone which I was looking for but I also wanted a natural look and thats where this product lost me. It might be because im not a very oily girl but I was too matte after this bb cream. Many girls i think would go for this because after i applied I thought that this is how all the makeup counter girls always make me look. But to make things short con was the matte finish and pros were the color was actually light enough and you didnt need much product. If your looking for a natural look this is not your product but if your into looking for a matte even look you should love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by moniib

This is a so so product for me. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of good things about it. My skin is on the drier side and most foundations can look very cakey and patchy, making me look older. This BB cream never made me look cakey which I loved. Of course, I would put a lot of moisturizer on and apply the bb cream right after when the moisturizer was still wet on my skin and i would have a dewy, medium coverage finish. If I didnt do it that way, the results werent cakey but it would feel very tight on my skin. It covered my acne, redness and discoloration very well. The reason why I would buy this again is because it felt very thick and sticky on my skin which I didnt like. I prefer lighter feeling foundations with good coverage like Chanel vitaluminere, thats HG for me. I think this bb cream is overpriced and thats why I wouldn't buy it again. Also, the packaging does not allow you to get the full product. I couldnt squeeze any of the bb cream out anymore so I decided to cut the top and there was literally 2 months worth of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by cheyneromero

This stuff is amazing. Firstly, it is the first foundation, or coverage type product that has ever matched my skin perfectly. I'm Native American and Spanish and Irish...usually the undertones in make up are too pink / too yellow / too white. I got this in light and it blends perfectly, you absolutely cannot tell I have anything on, which I love. I also noticed it keeps my shine down. Not all the way, but with my skin I think that's impossible. Plus, I love that it feels nourishing. I used to use Neutrogena's skin Clearing Foundation, but it really dried my skin out, and any other foundation severely broke me out. This is smooth and lightly creamy, but not heavy or oily. I'm in heaven. Plus it has SPF which I never used before (make up with SPF always broke me out) and now I finally can.

The only thing some might have a problem with is it's light coverage. It obviously doesn't give as much as a foundation would, but I like that. I use this, then Botanics Complexion Refining Concealer over my problem spots and I have just enough coverage. I am now able to have coverage without looking like I'm wearing anything. I love it. And it's great on my skin. Sure it's a bit pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for. This is actually the first thing I've gotten at Sephora, I'm typically a drug-store cosmetics kind of girl. But this is worth the money in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product works very well for me. I have suffered from bad skin in the past but it has been improving a lot in the past year so I don't need full foundation anymore. Plus, I go to the gym during my lunch break & I don't want the hassle of wiping off pounds of makeup & reapplying it again after working out. I received a sample of this BB cream & it gives just enough coverage to even out my skin tone, cover any redness (great after the gym) & it seems to absorb a bit of oil as well! I top it with a light dusting of powder & I'm good to go. The price seems high however you only need a small amount so it last a long time - I had a small sample tube of 0.25 oz & it has lasted me a couple months.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by amandadeutsch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When BB Creams started to become popular I wanted to get one immediatley but I didnt know which ones were good or bad, and every time I went to the drug store the maybelline dream fresh bb was always sold out of my color. So i went to sephora and tried the Smashbox photo finish, the cream has a very light texture, and is very blendable, however it does not last on the skin for as long as I would like and dries out skin, however this cream is good for evening skin tone in certain places not the entire face. next time I think I will try the Dr. Jart or the maybelline

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by macsud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when this product came out, and I rushed right to Sephora to get it. I bought the medium deep, because the deep made me look a little too muddy. However, medium deep made me look like I had dusted my face with powder. It always makes my make-up look a little too matte and dry. However, I like the SPF 35 and it does make it easier to put on my foundation, so I guess I would recommend it as a glorified, tinted primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by CoconutMonkey22

I don't usually write reviews on products, but I've been reading a lot of them lately and felt I needed to write a review of this product. This product is pretty expensive for the quality. Luckily, I got it in the SmashBox trial kit and didn't pay for a full sized product. I have acne prone skin at 28 (errghhh) and thought this would be nice for light coverage during the day just running around.....I was wrong. This made my blemishes stand out even more than without makeup. It intensified my pores and blemishes and made me look horrible. Many people have raved about this product, but I would NOT recommend it for people with those small white bumps you get or large pores. It just made my face look like a mess and I would definitely not repurchase this product. It may work great if you have perfect skin, but if you get any blemishes on a regular basis, I would stay away from the Smashbox BB cream at all costs....especially the cost of this product. Sorry, I love the primer and mascaras, but this is just NOT for me.