November 23, 2014 | 1791 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by vixontips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like to use this blush when I want a very minor and dewy tint on my face. It's creamy and really light, which I love. The only thing I don't like about Dream Bouncy Blush is that it can sometimes be a little TOO subtle. But, I would recommend having it in your makeup case nonetheless!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by alyssajeanine05

I was very excited to try this blush, with so much hype at the time of it's reveal, and I must say I was very dissapointed. The blush itself is very small, and too exspensive for a drugstore blush in my opinion. Although the texture is cool, and it's fun to play with, it has close to no pigmentation. I've tried using it on my lips as some people sugested as well, and was again disappointed. It dries weird and makes me look streaky/cakey. I was not a fun. The concept and packaging was great, but the blush itself was a miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by katchimo

I suckered myself into buying this blush in coffee cake today because of a promo ad on a blog...this being AFTER I read all the reviews on makeupalley. And the verdict is....

I like it. I really do. I'm really careful about not pressing my finger down too hard on the product so I don't end up with mushy silly putty on my hands a la other reviewers. Even then there are still cons that don't necessarily make up for the product. None of brushes picks up the product effectively so I need to use clean fingers every time I apply it. It also applies very sheer so if you like your blushes with a pop of color this is not that blush for you. On the other hand, I've been on a nekkid face phase so I wanted something to give my cheeks an extra oomph without coming across as wearing blush. No comments on how long dream bouncy wears but I figure if I pat some powder it should be fine.

Oof, packaging sucks though. I'm usually a victim of cheap makeup and broken hinges. Probably not going to be a rebuy but I'll mark it as one anyway to show I actually like the product, despite shortcomings.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

EDIT: A funny way to get this on your face is by pressing the product into your face. Not the whole thing, but that curved half of your cheek bone. Of course gotta blend.

Okay I have four of these so here goes a review for all of em. I got Coffee Cake, Fresh Pink, Pink Plum, and Pink Frosting. I got CC before any of em and I liked it so I figured a real blush pink color would look good. I was over the bouncy part when I was done playing with CC. Getting the color onto your finger onto your face is a freaking task, and if you get irritated like me and decide to push the product around harder, little bits ball up and this is gross. It's an incredibly sheer product, you think you have a lot on your finger, nope, by the time you're done blending it it's pretty much all gone.. somewhere. Probably so sheer I can't even detect it on my hands or my face. Maybe I applied it wrong, I used a finger, smiled, swirled the product on in an oval motion on top of my cheeks and toward my cheek bones. Then I filled in the little triangular space below these parts. I know that is how it's done with a brush, so maybe my last step messed it up? What I did was took my four fingers (not my thumbs) to each cheek and try to blend it out on my face more. Maybe I should have built up instead of take away? I don't know, I just feel like a good product wouldn't disappear with a few swirls of the hand. Could have been my light olive skin tone, but in the end, mineral powder blush was easier to apply, stayed, and looked better than this bouncy sh*t. The pinks just wouldn't take. Pink Frosting was the only one you could see but it still looked weird, to me anyways. But even through this I am still curious about the most popular Hot Tamale color. And the other brown blushes since Coffee Cake was such a healthy tan-look success. I think it's the little individual shells that I'm so obsessed with, I just love to hold them like I wish Maybelline would have made eye colors this way instead of awful blushes. Of course those don't even stay on your lid either--I tried. -_- And the labeling is a huge problem. The color title is on the ingredients list is on the freaking tape lip that you cut to open up the shell. So if you don't need to know the ingredients anymore or have the blushes memorized, you will be lucky enough to rip the entire label off which I did with Coffee Cake because it's obvious. But now I deal with multiple edges of tape that I would love to rip off but can't because I'm an idiot for not memorizing three pinks that look the same (but not when applied). Eh, guess if I put on the wrong shade I could just buff myself back to nude. Okay so, crappy blush, get one if you must try, I suggest one of the brown tones for those of the olive skin tone, like me. Get that pressing squishiness out of your system, and move on to (mineral) powder blush like it has always been, and always was supposed to be.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by x3arr

I like the "idea" of this blush, but not the actual blush itself, the blushes aren't very pigmented at all, I found myself having to rub hard into this blush to get any color onto my finger tips and when you think of it that's not very hygienic, I think digging a brush into it loses the whole idea of it being 'bouncy, smooth and creamy'. It's also somewhat expensive for a drugstore blush when you think about it. I'd rather just take this blush and give it to a little kid and tell them it's play-doh it could be more useful in that situation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Derringdo

I had a serious lemming for this product, and have ended up with three shades-- Fresh Pink, Peach Satin, and Candy Coral. Peach Satin is hands down my favorite of these shades in color, but they were all a little unimpressive. I love the texture and the packaging, and am smitten with the idea of a cream blush, but it takes more effort than I really like to put in before the colors build up enough to work on my light skin tone. The texture is beautiful and they're very blendable, but the pigmentation just isn't up to par. When I want just a touch of color, I pull these out, but otherwise, for this price, I'll give them a pass.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Neonstrawbezzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So today I'm going to do a review on the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush. I apologize for any grammar mistakes I make. Starting off, I was interested in buying a cream blush, so I went with the Dream Bouncy Blush. I was very disappointed in this product because, the pigmentation is far from good. Doesn't even last that long. The texture is a bit odd. I really don't recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by FarAwayGalaxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Soft, beautiful, yet very pigmented colors! I absolutely love this blush. I usually go for a gel or liquid blush like Benetint but I wanted a more pinky tone so I tried this. It blends SO smoothly!! It looks very natural and on my fair skin I don't need to apply any more than one to two coats of this on the apple of my cheeks and I'm good for the day! The pink is bright and youthful and EXACTLY what I've been looking for as far as color and that easy glide natural look. I just went back and bought two more! Love these!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by sofiblu99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I didn't buy this for myself. I actually went makeup shopping with two of my cousins. Both of them got this blush. One got it in Rose Petal and the other got it in Hot Tamale. (note: both of them are naturally tan) The cashier let us try them out. It is very soft and blendable. But not very pigmented. The packaging is cute but small. And $6.99 for that small of a blush?! Terrible pricing. I wouldn't buy this again, no matter how much I want to like it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by habana

I'd been avoiding wearing blush for the last year or so because my face tends to have a red blotchiness. Once I even out my skin tone and get rid of the redness with foundation, the last thing I want to do is add redness back to my face. This blush looked so interesting I decided to give it a try. The way it mushes in the container is a bit weird, but I love how it goes on light and just gives a nice natural rosy glow to my cheeks.