November 28, 2014 | 1426 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

First Revlon product I tried and loving it
Price: $8.93 CAD
Pkg: square tube, translucent quilted lid w/clear top
Colour: dusty rose w/brown undertones
Finish: balm-y crème-shine
Pigmentation: medium at one swipe; buildable
Colour me quite impressed. This shade is a few shades darker than my natural lip colour so it was a safe bet.
It's moisturizing but I still like to have a clear lip balm under it cuz otherwise my lips get tingly
A basic colour that'll flatter every skin tone from the fairest of them all to the darkest ;D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by silverplum13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, everyday creamy, rosy, mauvey nude shade. The formula is nice and creamy, not waxy or slippery at all. To me, it feels like a higher end product. Packaging is really luxe. I guess my only gripe is that at the end of the day, I don't really feel a difference between a lip butter and a regular creamy lipstick. Also, you don't get a whole lot of product, so you will go through these fairly quickly. Well done, Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Brendonoahsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color, its so beautiful and natural!! It looks great y itself with no eye make up. I love these lip butters by revlon and so far, this one is my fave!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a really nice colour for a night out I think. It's a brown shade which is more on the pink side. The colour is darker and more subtle (less bright) than my natural lip colour which makes it a little striking in the daytime. but I really like the shade anyway. Must try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the lip butters. I have several of them. This was the first one I bought. Great everyday color.
If I were to have any complaints, it would be that the formula is very soft. Since we're approaching summer, I'd be very afraid to carry these butters in my purse. Currently, pink truffle stays in my desk at work and I reapply a few times a day as it wears off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by cliu96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm going to sound like a total infomercial during this review, but I urge all of you ladies to try this out for yourself before deciding whether these lip butters live up to the hype--because for me, they certainly do!

Pink Truffle is the only lip butter I own, however, I believe that it is possibly the only one I'll ever need. It is absolutely THE perfect MLBB color on me, I cannot tell you how long I have searched for such a product. Most others I have tried and expected to be a nice MLBB have turned out too brown, too orange, or too red.

This is the perfect pinky-rose-with-a-hint-of-brown shade. It's almost too great to describe. The tiniest hint of brown keeps it looking natural and soft and great for everyday. It brightens up my entire face and makes me look more awake (for reference, I am NC30-35).

Revlon lip butters are a hybrid lip product in my opinion--the pigment of a lipstick, the feel and glide of a balm, and the shine of a gloss, though Pink Truffle has slightly less shimmer than I have seen in others.

I've seen it for around $7-8 in any drugstore, and some are complaining about this "high" price for what is more or less a tinted lipbalm. However, I would not put these lip butters in that category. It is far too pigmented to be classified as just a tinted lipbalm.

The packaging is adorable, with a quilted pattern all over the cap and I love how you can actually see the color from the little window at the top of the cap. Props to Revlon for clever packaging and marketing--anything with BUTTER in it I WILL TAKE.

Give these a try, you won't be disappointed!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just had to try the lip butters after reading all the great reviews, so I finally bought Pink Truffle. I am super fair (think Casper the ghost) and this shade is really pigmented and pretty bright to me. I like the formula of the lip butters but this particular shade just wasn't me. I was expecting it to be more sheer. I prefer a nude lip, so maybe I'll explore the other shades to see if I can find one that is suitable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by brownkyutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These lip butters are amazing! I prefer neutral tones so the ones I own are pink truffle, berry smoothie, and peach parfait. Pink truffle is by far my favourite! Love how these glide on, how you can build the colour up, and the staying power. Would buy these over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like I just found my first love reincarnated! My first favorite lipstick was from one of Avon's moisturizing lipstick lines, in a color called Marvelous Mauve. If Pink Truffle isn't an exact dupe, it comes pretty dang close, a deep mauve with a creamy shine.

The downsides - I was much more tan during my Marvelous Mauve days, and Pink Truffle is ALMOST too dark for my NC25 skin tone. Very light skinned ladies may have a hard time pulling this one off. However, I plan on using this for dance performances, as it's a very natural looking color that will keep my mouth from disappearing on stage. It also looks good with a minimum of fussing, I can just swipe it on and go. As my skin tone gets a little darker during the summer, this is also going to be a good look for work, finished but professional.

I love the cream finish lip butters, they do wear off within a couple of hours but they leave my lips feeling soft rather than dry and flaky. This is the sixth lip butter I've picked up, and I seem to use all of them pretty regularly. Would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am very late to the lip butter craze, but I finally bought two of them, Pink Truffle and Berry Smoothie. Pink Truffle is a rich neutral pink with a soft shine. It isn't very long lasting, but it leaves a stain on my lips. It's very natural color and easy to wear every day. I've heard people complain that these can be drying, and I agree with that. Reapplying fixes the issue, and like I said, this needs to be reapplied a few times a day anyway. I would buy this again because it can be applied quickly and easily and looks good with everything.