April 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the lip product I've been using most often since I purchased it. I love this product. It's a great everyday neutral color that will work with most eye looks. It's very similar to my lips' natural color, but it just evens them out and gives a nice natural shine. I think I'll be wearing this year-round. It's just so easy to use because I don't have to think about coordinating my lips to my eyes and cheeks. I highly recommend it for all skin tones, from the very pale (me) to the very dark. I don't remember how much I paid for it, probably around $7-8, which is a fantastic deal considering I use it pretty much every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by tryingitout

Fro my fair sin but quite pigmented lips, this is my go-to my lips but better.
It's very understated so great with very casual looks when I don't want to look made up in anyway...

I do love all the Revlon lip butters for my older lips.
They are moisturizing for me, don't feel like I am wearing lipstick (don't feel heavy). Biggest down side is frequent reapplication - lousy weartime, but
i am okay with that,

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

for me, this was a creamy lipstick. Now this has pros and cons.

PROS:
-the colour is very similar to my natural lipcolor, but with more shine, so it like my lips, but better.
-Its really creamy and doesn't dry out my lips, but can't be used as a tinted lipbalm either.
-no horrible smell or taste
-good colour range, they are all gorgeous! And pigmentation is pretty good too!
-lovely drugstore packaging

CONS:
-okay, so because it's so creamy, it gets a bit messy after application sometimes. Also, make sure your lip is well exfoliated as your dry lips will make like "scratches" on the balm, if that makes sense.
-the price. Now I know that$8-10 isn't pricey for a good lip product, but I realized that this only contains 2g! If you use this everyday, it will last...maybe a month? so you'll run out fast.
-Lasting power. it's creamy, so it'll be gone faster than for eg a lip stain, but I find that if I re-apply it a few times during the day, that it will leave a nice stain-ish colour so the last con isn't that big of a deal.

I like this product, but I am not willing to repurchase it all the time, I will also not be using this daily because I feel a bit queasy putting products with lots of chemicals on my lips, as we ingest 80% of what's on our lips. I usually just have on a natural balm and maybe a gloss.

I recommend this for a try, and buying it when it's on sale. I don't have time to always check for sales (: Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by missnewname

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't let the naysayers dissuade you, Revlon Lip Butters are awesome! You have to appreciate them for what they are. No, they are not as moisturizing as a true lip balm, so they won't cure chapped lips, but they are very creamy and smooth, and shiny, and do not dry my lips out more. But because of the nice slippery and shiny texture, they are not long wearing and need to be reapplied often. They are very pigmented but not as saturated as a dry, matte, long wearing lipstick would be. What they are is a marriage between a shiny balm and full color lipstick, and they come in many beautiful, flattering shades. Revlon is pricy for drugstore, but you can get them on sale frequently and they are well worth their retail value.
The color Pink Truffle became an instant holy grail MLBB product for me. I use it almost every day. It's a pinkish brownish mauve nude that goes with everything, and makes my lips look rosy and natural but defined. Yes a bit boring in the tube, and perhaps an outdated "90s" type of color, but that shade really flatters my pale neutral skin. I have already repurchased a back up because I wear (and thus reapply) it so often.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the lip butters a lot. They are quite moisturizing and come in many great colors, the price is good, especially if you can find them on sale. I have been using these pretty much every day for the last month, which is saying something since I have way too many lip products. I don't love the packaging, but it isn't terrible either. Pink Truffle was the first color I got. It is my least favorite color of the ones I got, just because it is too brown for me. I thought it would be a little more pink. I won't rebuy this particular color, but I will definately be buying more of these.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As always, the Revlon lip butters are creamy, smooth and moisturizing. The packaging is cute and everything is overall very good. However, Pink Truffle as a color is not my favorite. I have to agree with the posters who mentioned this shade is very outdated -- it looks like one of those brown-toned, mauve shades older ladies would wear (No offense to any older women...it just doesn't work on me!). This shade is too brown to be considered nude and not nearly pink enough to be flattering. There's just nothing special about it. I could see this working on darker-skinned ladies. Wouldn't repurchase this particular shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Linda89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it !! it reminds me of my favorite mac lipstick hug me but wayyy cheaper even got it on sale ! !

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mohayes1402

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice colour, lovely packaging but just not very special when you compare with other similar products. It felt a bit dry on the lips, not like a balm and nowhere near as nice a finish as the Boots 17 Mirror Shine lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by IreneP

I bought quite a few of the Revlon lip butters, and Pink Truffle is my favorite so far. Some of the other colors have glitter in them, and I just can't stand that gritty feel. I love how smooth and silky Pink Truffle is. It's a very pretty, neutral, everyday color when you want just a hint of color as opposed to something that screams "look at me!" In other words, good for the conservative workplace. The product doesn't last very long on me, so I have to reapply every hour or so. But it's not expensive, so I don't mind it too much. Also, a general comment about all the lip butters is that the colors are buildable, so that's a plus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I went out and bought this color immediately after reading the reviews and I am so happy I did. It is a good natural pinkish nude color I have been looking for to compliment my NC45 skin. It is also very moisterizing. The color is very similar to my beloved Givenchy lipgloss in Sensual Chocolate but is pinker, at a fraction of the cost, better smelling and moisterizing. The overall lip butter reminds me of MAC's sheen supreme line. I love it and will be buying a back up as soon as possible.