November 21, 2014 | 1666 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by laluo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have monolids and often with eyeliner i find that they tend to crease but with this gel eyeliner, creasing does not occur at all! it lasts for a very long time however I do see some smudging on my lower lash line by the end of the day but it is definitely by HG eyeliner at the moment and one of the best eyeliners i have ever tried!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by HoneyRoast

I have hooded eyes. I have tried every eyeliner! Smashbox, MAC, Stila, L'oreal HIP, they all transferred to my upper lid. This one is the best for me.

My school days last 5-7 hours, this lasts my whole day. If i'm outside a lot, or sweating, it may smudge a little. I don't mind though because it's so affordable!

I would recommend this to anyone who needs an everyday eyeliner. Even if you need a smokey eye, going out, look; Just make sure to set it & let it dry! If you do that, it WILL NOT BUDGE.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by xoaida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have beyond oily lids, I would have to load on Urban Decay's Primer Potion just to have my Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner stay on without making a black mess on my eyelids.

That was until Essence Gel Eyeliner, this stuff is AMAZING. I get NO smudging and thats without a primer/base. I accidentally fell asleep with it one night, and somehow managed to wake up in the morning with it still looking perfect. Go out and buy this right now! But dont forget to buy an oil based makeup remover...because its definitely a challenge getting it off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

I bought this eye liner because I was looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC Blacktrack Fluidline & I found it! The consistency is very creamy and it is easy to apply. The colour is also extremely pigmented - this is a true BLACK. I use an angled brush to apply and will often set it with a black eye shadow using the same angled brush. I don't get smudging when I set it with a powder, but even with I don't set it. Lasting power is fantastic and very comparable to MAC. I brought this with me to Dominican Republic in July and it was very hot and humid and my liner did not go anywhere! For the price this product is a steal! Very affordable & high performance gel eye liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by guiltypleasurexD

Yes, Essence gel liner, yes, you've made me fall head over heels for you. After reading countless reviews, I bought this little gem for a mere 3 dollars and some change. I tried this liner (Midnight in Paris) a couple days before going to Disneyland running errands here and there. It smoothly applied (due to its VERY soft texture in the pot), was black as black could be w/ a mostly matte finish, and did not smudge. Give it a minute or so to set and you're good to go. I brought it with me to Disneyland and boy, did it deliver. I wore this liner everyday on my trip for about 12-15 hours. My eyeliner looked the same w/ very minimal fading from the moment I applied it in the morning to the moment I took off my makeup at night. This liner withstood 90+ degree heat, water rides, and tears (what can I say? I am a such a sucker for anything Disney, hehe). It did not smudge nor did it run. Bottom line, if you're wondering whether to try it or not--DO IT, it def lives up to the hype for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, this is my HG gel liner. It's so dang creamy, the second I dip my brush in it, it sinks into the liner. It's literally the blackest black liner I've ever used, and it is soooo pigmented. It stays on ALL day, and it even lasts a while on my waterline. It never smudges, except on my eyes, it smudges out a little in the outer corner, which gives me a little-minor raccoon-y effect. However, it's waterproof, and you can easily take it off with eye makeup remover. It's literally insane how $4 can give you such an amazing product. I hated how dry the maybelline eyestudio gel liner was, and I also tried the UIta brand gel liner when I got it for $5 (originally $10!), and they were both too dry. You had to almost scrape at the product to get any on your brush and it didn't even apply evenly. I only need 1 dip of a brush for a solid, neat, clean line and it looks amazing all day long. I definitely recommend you go get yourself some. It's sold at Ulta and is sold out a lot, but once it's in stock, jump on it. It's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've finally found my HG gel liner and it's only $4 CAD! I've tried quite a few gel liners, Maybelline, Physician's Formula, MAC, Smashbox, Coastal Scents, E.L.F... they were all good, but had their flaws. This Essence one is seriously a million times better than any other gel liner out there and it's so affordable.
CONS:
- rich, creamy texture
- incredibly pigmented
- does not smudge or transfer once dry
- does not flake at all
- glides on smoothly

In my opinion, there are absolutely no cons with this product. If you don't own this, give it a try. Stop throwing your money away on expensive gel liners and save it for other goodies. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by derivedhope

This is one of the best gel eyeliners out there, no wonder its sold out every time I go into ulta! Whoever has owned mac's blacktrack knows that it dries out so quickly. That is not the case with this stuff. I think I had it for 4 months before it started to show the smallest signs of drying (even though there were days I left the lid open for a long time!) It is very waterproof, very easy to work with, doesn't smudge or flake, and the black is very black. I also have the purple ("berlin rocks") which is a bit more useful as an eyeshadow base, since its a tiny bit less opaque and has a bit of a sheen/shimmer. Can't wait to try out all the colors. You simply cannot beat it at this price, or at any other price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

Yes I will buy again! These are the smoothest, creamiest, longest lasting and glossiest gel liners i've used...and i've used both high-end and lower-end gel liners. The black is my favorite...such a dark deep black with a nice glossy finish.