July 22, 2014 | 2073 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I had this eyeliner in 01 Midnight in Paris, which is a glossy, highly opaque black color. The product is packaged in a standard, no-fuss glass jar without a brush and is priced at US$4, the second cheapest gel liner I've seen thus far (beaten by e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner at $3 which does include a brush).

However, e.l.f.'s is water-resistant whereas essence's is truly waterproof. The formula in the jar is soft and easy to dip a brush in and apply, and just a little goes a very long way so this is best to apply conservatively. Brush it around on the hand quickly to warm it up and soften it even more, and it will glide over the lids.

Once it sets, it will not budge when immersed in any degree of water alone. Even sweat and oily lids didn't break it down on me! It's so stubborn, in fact, that it can be difficult to remove even with an oil-based makeup remover. So while it applies excellently and looks great when worn, it is a little fussy to clean up later.

I would save this for long days or nights or occasions where waterproofing may be needed because this really sticks, but I would not use this as an everyday eyeliner simply because it will be hard on your lids to clean it up, and you really don't want to be pulling, tugging, or putting too much pressure on your eyes every single night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by GingerNoisette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's more pigmented than Blacktrack..!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Only been using this for 1 week and already purchased a back-up. I have been a die hard fan of MAC blacktrack for years. It stayed on my waterline a good 8 hours without smearing etc. I read some reviews that this product was darker than the blacktrack and stayed on the waterline forever. It was $4 at Ulta, had a coupon, had nothing to loose by trying it. WOW!!! This stuff is ink black, never seen any gel liner this dark. And it stays on my waterlines like a permanent tattoo. Does not budge for 8/10 hours. I have absolutely nothing but raves for this product and would be willing to pay much more than $4 for it ,though I'm glad I don't have too. If you are looking for the ultimate, black as night, stay on til you force it off, gel liner for your waterline...look no further.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Titagil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this eyeliner in colour 01 midnight in Paris and it's really good, I went buying Catrice's eyeliner but decided to give this a chance and I don't regret at all, it's very pigmented and easy to aply.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by MakeMeDown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Affordable, goes on smooth and easy to control. I can create perfect lines every time, and best of all, cheap. Will be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh, best gel liner ever! I cannot believe how underrated this stuff is! It's creamy, it doesn't flake, it hasn't dried up in the two months I've owned it, and it's affordable. I can't express how awesome this stuff is...and I can't believe how cheap this is. This is definitely worth trying if you like gel eyeliner. And I really think it holds up as well as the high end gel liners...or maybe even better

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first gel liner and I absolutely love it. It's so much darker than liquid or pencil and it stays on so much longer. No smudging, no flaking. And it's sooo creamy and easy to apply, even doing a winged end. It actually takes me less time to use this than pencil or even felt tip liquid liners. And it was only $3.99 at shoppers drug mart. I'm absolutely in love with this eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

since i have oily lids, any eyeliner other than liquid liner smear on me. this smeared within lik 2 hours and was all over my crease and lids from there on. it is VERY creamy and easy to work with and it is ridiculously pigmented (the black one). it gives more working time before it dries than other gel liners ive tried lik the maybelline one. but not for ppl with oily upper lids like me.
however, i found that it works 100% on my bottom lash line where its not as oily. i wore it for 7 hours which included a 1 hour 6mile run where i sweated like no other and it stayed in place, no smearing. so this is definitely water and sweat proof, just not oil proof. i rec liquid liner for ppl with oily lids.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by butterflyashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was finally able to track down an unused jar at Ulta in the color Miami's Ink (this isn't a problem with the product, but I wish Essence plastic-wrapped them, people keep opening and dipping their fingers into different jars!). The jar feels nice and weighty, great for keeping the liner wet for a longer time unlike Wet n' Wild or e.l.f.'s plastic jars. The texture is very creamy, probably the creamiest gel liner I've ever tried, and it glided effortlessly across my eyelid. It barely budged after 10 hours of wear on my monolid and I'm very impressed. I hope more colors become available at Ulta, I'd love to try out the green shade!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Extremely pigmented and cheap! I love the gel-creme texture, its easy to apply with any liner brush. It stays put all day until you take it off! I decided to try it out before going for something more expensive but there is no need. Don't waste your cash on Mac or Bobbi Brown, its just as good.