December 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by cjpramix

I love these!! I have this in Peach Parfait, Macaroon, Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle, & Strawberry Shortcake. :) The first 2 have some glitter on them, while the last 3 colors give me a creamy, smooth finish. They don't last too long though, I usually re apply after 4-5 hours, but that's no biggie for me. They don't feel heavy on the lips and there are several shades to choose from. :) Always moisturize with lip balm before you use these. I do that always and i dont have any problems with flaking. ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by moonrider212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed in this product especially after all the hype the product was getting. Everybody had said that it felt extremey moisturizing on the lips which is my biggest concern because my lips are always chapped and dry. I had bought this full price, so around $7 and was so sad when I had tried it out. There was no color payoff and it clung to every dry piece of skin that was on my lips and settled into all the fine lines. I really really do not recommend it especially if you have any amount of dryness in your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by erinetcetera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always have one in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by girlchimney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Went crazy and bought three or four of these when they came out, then sort of put my local drugstore through a revolving door process while I shamelessly returned colors I didn't like. C'est la vie.

These lip butters are really interesting, because while they have a pretty easy-to-reach melting point deserving of the name "butter," they're pigmented as brightly as a lipstick! You can apply it lightly for a nice, casual tint or layer it for color that matches the bottom label in terms of saturation. Really good for a quick, clean, pretty look. As a warning, they can kiss off easily when first applied, but the color does have decent enough staying power given enough time to dry...though when it dries I run into a different problem altogether, which I'll touch on in a minute!

The range of shades is also good, though they lean more towards bright and fun--there are no shades darker than the somewhat bloody red you can get out of Red Velvet if you layer it thickly enough. Sort of to be expected with the candy-based names, but if you tend towards wine-like colors then this may not be the best place to start.

My one complaint is that I don't find them as moisturizing as advertised; in fact, not too long after I apply them, they dry out my lips incredibly quickly and cause peels that get sadly accentuated by the presence of color. Apply a chapstick of some kind first for best results. Mostly the point deduction was for this, since I don't like having to throw more than one lip product in my bag on the go.

In sum: not perfect, but still quite good for the value. The packaging is cute and convenient, no problems there! And the colors are fabulously varied and each very unique. I'm happy to call Tutti Frutti my go-to lip color most days--too cute!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think these lipbutters are very good. I have Pink Truffle, Candy Apple and Berry Smoothie. The colours are quite pigmented and I find them moisturising. The downside is they are expensive and you have to reapply frequently throughout the day but they are a good product. I would love to collect more colours :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I had so wanted to love this product. I have the shade Creme Brulee and I was actually happy with the colour, the coverage, the finish but- and it is a killer- it seriously messed with the condition of my lips. They became completely dehydrated in an odd sort of way that meant the vertical lines were so obvious. My lips didn't just recover when the lip butter was removed either, they are taking their time. There is obviously some ingredient that just doesn't agree with me unfortunately.

Update- Bought another shade in this line, Berry Smoothie, to see if there were any differences/if I had bought a dud, but nope. It screwed up my lips yet again. Dry skin a go go. Pity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I'm not wow'ed by this product... I bought the sparkly peach colour... It's more of a lipstick than a lip balm. It's very drying and you need to apply lip balm underneath to prevent your lips from cracking. I generally don't have dry lips and never really needed lipbalms to keep my lips moisturized but holy heck does this suck the moisture out of my lips :(
I'm not impressed. It requires you to keep applying lipbalms/lipgloss on top of it,
if you hate that cracked lip look. Not worth the money IMO. Not worth the hype.

Edit - autumn 2013
Well I decided to give the lip butters another try and to my surprise I was pretty impressed by ONE colour called juicy papaya... Well Holy moly I think I found my nude / pale coral lipstick I've been looking for ... It's amazing!!! I think it's because it's also a creamy non sparkly lip butter ... And it helped lock in the moisture on my lips in comparison the sparkly peach parfait which dried my lips out... Any who. I think the non sparky lip butters are way way way better!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by princesspippa03

i LOVE these they are amazing they are really nice smooth and creamy they come in loads of different colours they are just so easy to wear and they go with everything i would definitely but these again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by MissShlebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really really love these. I'm addicted to buying these haha. They feel so smooth on your lips! They have almost like a sweet sugar smell that I love. Some of the colors don't show up on me as well because I have pretty pigmented lips but if I first put a nude color on or concealer then it shows up beautifully. The only bad thing is because of how its made when you roll them back down the back catches on the tube so It gets on the back. /= The packaging is cute though haha. My favorite colors are is Berry Smoothy and Peach Parfait. Would definitely recommend these. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by chevygirl85

I just bought this yesterday and I absolutely love it! I love how easily it glides on and is creamy like a chapstick almost. I bought berry smoothie and it's the perfect shade on me. It doesn't stay on long but it's totally worth it. It makes my lips feel moisturized since most lipsticks/glosses I've tried tend to dry my lips out. Treat yourself to this product you wont be sorry.