September 2, 2014 | 2182 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good medium coverage foundation, it stays looking freshly applied for a long time (even on my oily skin) and does not accentuate oily skin. I think the name of fusion wear is a very good description, as this really does meld with my skin and looks extremely natural while still providing coverage to my acne scars. Frankly this is probably the most natural looking, long wear foundation I've tried so far. The consistency is sort of like a liquid-y serum and is easy to blend in for an ultra natural look.

Two issues I've run into with this foundation are what is keeping me from giving this a '5' is that it is not transfer resistant and that this foundation settles or creases into fine lines somewhat. Although not all of the foundation comes off with blotting, if I blot I do end up with a beige tissue which is something I do not like. I'm not sure how this would wear on someone with mature skin and more prominent lines as my skin isn't mature yet, but I've noticed that after a few hours if I look closely under my eyes (I do apply this to the under eye area) I can see this foundation creasing a bit into the fine lines I have under my eyes. If I take my finger and gently smooth the area out it removes the creases, but I would prefer for this not to happen at all the rest of my face however looks fantastic.

One thing I have noticed is that for my oily skin this foundation wears much better on bare skin rather than on skin that has been moisturized. And since this foundation has SPF 25 (a major pro!) I feel more comfortable wearing this alone without an SPF moisturizer underneath. I think it must be said about this foundation line that the color selection is not the best. I actually feel pretty lucky that I managed to fit into Dior's limited color selection. I'm an NC20 and I wear Linen 021, which is for "light complexions with a yellow undertone", and is a good match for me, but if you're paler than that there is only one color option lighter than that: Ivory 010 (Light Beige 020 is the same color intensity as Linen but is for "light complexions with neutral undertones").

Bottom line: This one if worth looking into for those looking for both a natural finish that lasts a long time.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: Sept. 2012

I think I've found a way to perfect the application of this foundation which is now my favourite makeup base (apart from Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which is foolproof with fingers) - just use a moist sponge! So simple, so flawless, better than any fancy brush or fingers - gives an absolutely impeccable finish, and all this without looking like you are wearing a heavy foundation. The layer on the skin is thin and unpercievable. This is the way to do it, I am adding a couple of more lippies!

After many years without wearing foundation I have changed my makeup routine and when a new generation of foundations came out this year I have purchased first a Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and then Dior one (beautiful ad with Natalie Portman really worked its purpose well).

Chanel in its minuscule plastic packaging I have decided to keep for my numerous travels while Dior (mainly beacuse of its posh, heavy glass bottle) stays on my vanity table at home.

After a sample obtained in the magazine ( it is very difficult to obtain foundation samples in Scotland - it really makes me annoyed how precious SA are about these here!) I decided to go for 020 (I am pretty pale all year around with some yellow/olive undertones, I am B20 in Chanel) and it is a pretty good match for my skintone.

I use one pump and spread it with my fingers. It spreads easily but sets really quickly so you have to work fast to get a finish without smudges. It evens out my facetone nicely but does not improve a look of the structure of my skin - any dry patch is going to be accentuated. It gives my dry skin a pretty matte look which I have to counteract with Clarins Fix Make-up otherwise my pores look like craters and wrinkles appear that I have no idea of!

However, it quickly disappeares off my nose and chin so it is not so long lasting as Dior describes it. It goes quite oily on my t-zone which is otherwise normal so I have to blot with Shiseido's blotting papers after approx. 4 hours.

So it is definitely not a miracle foundation and I am on the fence with this product - I rather use it because I have paid so much for it that I cannot bear it standing unused on my vanity table. Chanel will be definitely purchased again but not this one.

^ EDIT: I might buy a Nude version instead. Also mixed with Chanel VItalumiere (not Aqua one) get a slightly more dewy look in winter and matches my colouring better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

READ: I'm NW15-20 and have to wear the very lightest shade, 010 Ivory, in pretty much all of Dior's foundations. If you are NC/NW10 or so, definitely get swatched at Sephora or a Dior counter before you purchase; Dior's colors tend to be a little too dark compared to many other brands on the market, and you may not be able to find the right shade. I'm usually the second lightest foundation shade in most brands, but Ivory was a perfect match for my fair skin.

As for the foundation itself?

I love it. I absolutely love it. More and more, I feel as if my HG items keep falling into my lap! I had been wearing Diorskin Nude in 022 Cameo for about a month, when I decided that right now I am WAY too pale for such a shade. Diorskin Nude has a very dewy look to it, and the coverage is light, but I liked the darker tone and the glowiness; I thought it worked pretty well with my dry, rosacea-prone skin. However, I did decide that I couldn't wear Cameo any longer, and took the bottle of Nude with me to Sephora for an exchange. This was about a week and a half before Christmas, and things at the mall were growing chaotic.

The scene at Sephora was no exception. Everything was was in disarray, and the Ivory shade of Diorskin Nude I needed was gone. People were everywhere, and I had to wait twenty minutes for I could get some poor, overworked SA to help me. She looked and looked and then found a second SA, who told me that they wouldn't get a new shipment of Ivory in the DiorSkin Nude until right before Christmas. One of the girls suggested that I try Diorskin Forever instead. "It's the exact same color system," she said, "And you may like the formula. It can at least tide you over for now, and then after Christmas you're welcome to come back and swap it out for a bottle of the Nude." (Say what you want about Sephora, but their return policy is awesome!)

Before I left Sephora with my new bottle of Forever, I took the sample bottle of Nude and swatched it along side a bit of Forever. Both shades, in Ivory, looked 100% alike, and I wish so much I'd taken a picture just to prove my point. Then I blended either formula on the back of my hands, just to see if they felt the same. After that I went to lunch with a friend. Halfway through our meal, I noticed that the hand with Diorskin Nude felt slightly tighter, or maybe dryer, than the hand with Diorskin Forever on it. It wasn't a huge difference, but it felt worth noting.

Since that time, I've decided that Diorskin Forever is my REAL HG foundation; it's more perfect than I could have asked for. I think Nude is still a fabulous foundation and many girls would be happy with it. However, I'm sticking with Forever because:

1. The SPF coverage is higher; Forever is 25 and Nude is only 10.

2. The finished look is more natural than the Nude, which makes Forever much more versatile. I can always add glowiness or dewiness to the Forever with other products, but I can't as easily take away that effect from the Nude.

3. The coverage is a little more intense and buildable than Nude. Nude can be built to medium coverage, but on my skin, one layer of Forever is pretty much all I need, unless my skin is really misbehaving.

I took off one point for packaging; the only part of Diorskin Nude I really miss is the gorgeous, heavy silver lid! But the navy blue lid on the Forever is pretty, and at least it doesn't show fingerprints as easily!

All in all, I'm very happy that I was "stuck" with Diorskin Forever. A month after purchasing, I'm absolutely thrilled with what happened. I also feel that the Diorskin Forever compact is a perfect compliment for touch-ups, and it didn't mesh QUITE as well with the Nude.

In my experience, the best way to apply Diorskin Forever is with the Sephora Airbrush #56. I get it slightly damp, and pump a very tiny amount of Forever onto my finger. I dab dots of the foundation all over my cheeks to start, and then I put my brush to work. First I stipple the foundation around, then in quick circles, I buff the formula out. I do the same thing to the rest of my face, and probably use only 1.5 to 2.5 pumps of Forever maximum. It's very quickly applied, and I think that combination of a high quality formula with the very soft, fluffy, and versatile Sephora brush helps speed things up greatly.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by xxcookii

I just recently got this foundation because my skin tone and texture is changing during the winter. I have dry but acne prone sensitive skin ... So I tend to break out more since winter in Canada is so cold and dry.this foundation jsnt too thick its more runny and that is why it is so easy to apply! for application I just use my fingers because the foundation just glides on. This foundation doesn't highlight my dry flakey parts which is an extra plus for me! I have bought many different foundation that tends to highlight my flakes , so I'm glad I found this . So far the Dior foundation hasn't broken me out yet and I am quite sensitive to chemicals .as for coverage this is light - medium. Definitely buildable. It covers my blemishes and redness . Not completely, but it does a good job .I'll come back for an updated if anything changes. As for the price , I think its pricey but if you compare it to MUFE,tarte or any high end foundations this isn't that expensive .. Maybe even cheaper . Lastly the lasting power is amazing ! Stayed on for the whole day . Just remember to wash off all your makeup before you go to sleep

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by mmcmsp

I hate this foundation in my skin. I have dry skin and it makes all lines and imperfections of my face show more, I have no idea why. It's crazy because I also think it looks beautiful.... and it has the most amazing smell you will ever find in a foundation. I have the older version of this so I might try the new one that has been released late 2011 and see if it is more moisturizing and if it gets in my fine lines as the older sister!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased 010, the lightest color, which unfortunately is simply too yellow for me, leaves a very obvious demarcation line at my jaw no matter how well blended. Wanted a warmer foundation with the hope of counteracting too much pink my complexion is pulling. Beyond that, this is a lovely product in terms of consistency, finish, scent, wear, coverage... Epic fail in terms of color. Very disturbed that it is nearly impossible to locate a HE foundation for my fair neutral/cool complexion. One lippie removed for poor color selection but would definitely purchase if my color was manufactured.
UPDATE: Wore this sheer and blended really really well. Thought I looked lovely and in my 10X mirror I did. Then went to lunch with my brother who afterwards very discreetly informed me that my face looked full of fine lines and incoming wrinkles. Now I know what it must feel like when one needs Xanax. Upon closer exploration dear brother was right! And he has vision in only one eye!. Reviewed my application and surmised that the toner I've been using was drying the surface of my skin and this foundation is not compatible with Smashbox primer. Have decided to keep this but cut it with a lighter toned foundations and custom blend for summer. For me this foundation is like having a really attractive boyfriend who treats you shabbily but you just can't give him up. Eventually both will run out.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by camilka

Edit: I'm taking another lippie off. I've found something better. Something that made this foundation, my old favourite, seem like crap: Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation. Found it in SP30 which is my perfect match. WOW.

.....................................................................................................

The only thing I dont like about this is that it could look just a bit more natural, but you can fix that by working the foundation with wet fingertips after application.

Pros
Covers everything.
A little goes a long way.
Stays on all day, even better with a primer under
If you're oily, this helps control it.
Crater pores are erased very nicely

Cons
A bit too covering sometimes, I would not use this over entire face, but I never do with foundation, only problem areas
Expensive!
Oxides a little after application, so dont buy before trying it on a while. Mine goes on a bit too bright but matches pefectly after 5 minutes.

I am Mac NC15-20 and 010 Ivory is perfect for me. Over all this is the best foundation I've tried so far. Until I find something better I will continue to use this. (I've heard that this is similar to Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation, but that the Shiseido version controls oil even better. I want to try it but I can only find very dark shades in Sweden and I won't order an expensive foundation online guessing my shade.)

EDIT: 010 was not a perfect color match as it turns out. I found out that a few retailers offer this in 011! Much better for my NC15 skin (yup, not 20). It is still a little dark though.

Shades ending with 0 are neutral, 1 are yellow and 2 are pink.
The number before is darkness level.

Super coverage. Can be sheered out with primer or by working it into skin with a damp brush or going over it with wet hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Tracem

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this in 020 and it's a great colour match after a few minutes, when the foundation has time to "sink in". I've been using the MAC Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer in Adjust as a base. I set with Chanel loose powder using a kabuki brush and then spray lightly with MAC Fix +. This foundation lasts all day at work with only one touch up at lunch time for my nose. The foundation gives what I would call a soft diffused glow, rather than dewy, if I want a dewy finish then I use the Guerlain Parure Aqua. I also have the Dior Extreme, but prefer this foundation as the Extreme looks a bit "flat".

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by annakimla

I switched to this foundation from Estée Louder Dw light. Dior Forever is not as heavy, but covers even better. Makes my skin looks younger and healthier. The shade 020 matches my fair skin tone perfectly! It has yellow undertone and hence covers red spots really well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I bought this by accident - I just saw "Forever" and assumed it was the same product as the now-retired "Extreme Wear" Forever Foundation, which I adored. When I got home, I saw it was a different formula and that my shade, 30, was a tad darker than my 30 in the original.

Luckily I love it. Here's what different: the shade is a bit different (I might have gone one shade lighter had I actually tested it) and the finish is a bit dewier and not as matte as the old Forever. That said, it held up a very impressive length of time, which, let's face it, you usually only get with drier-looking finishes. I have oily skin and most foundations do not last on me; I went into the bathroom about four hours after applying this and my face still looked fresh, glowy and flawless. I realize four hours doesn't sound very long to a lot of people but usually my skin has melted/eaten off my foundation by that point.

So I love this and sort of consider it the perfect hybrid of Diorskin Nude and the old Forever - it has the luminous finish of Nude and the lasting power of Forever. I'll even call this my HG foundation. And just to describe my skin, it's combination/oily/aging, no wrinkles or lines, but with shadows and veins around my eyes. NC27.