November 27, 2014 | 1383 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by mlnwalters

Overall - I absolutely LOVE this foundation. This foundation has medium coverage that can be built without looking cakey. My dry spots are not accentuated at all and my pores are not accentuated which is a problem that I have with other foundations even when using a primer. Foundations just don't "sit right" on my skin but this one truly does. This foundation does not transfer and it is very long lasting - I work 12 hr shifts and it holds up even during my craziest days at work.

Although there are only 12 shades, the color matching system is pretty helpful in finding the right shade. Each shade is categorized with pink, yellow, peach, or neutral undertones. I have shade 030 which is for medium beige/medium light complexions with neutral undertones and it matches my skintone perfectly.

This foundation has SPF 25 but NO white face flashback in flash photography. It looks beautiful in pictures.

There is a slight perfume scent to the foundation - reminds me of Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, a scent that I absolutely LOVE. I am one to get headaches if things are overly scented and this does not bother me at all.

Price - It's expensive. $47 US at Sephora.

Packaging - Comes in the standard frosted gloss bottle that Dior foundations come in. While heavy, it does look beautiful sitting on my dresser and I love beauty items that look luxurious! There is a pump on this foundation that dispenses just enough product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is gorgeous, though it does oxidize a little and it's a little more drying than I'd like it to be. But, it is light, covers amazingly well. It might be perfect for the summer when my cheeks are less dry. *I should note that it is much less drying than any other long wear foundation I've ever tried.

edit: I don't know what it is, but my skin looks better with this foundation than with any other I've found so far. I don't know if it's the shade and texture together that just works for my skin..or what it is. The more I use it, the more I think it's the closest thing to my HG I've ever found.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

READ READ READ!!!!
Dior Forever - Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup
IMO this foundation lives up to its name to the fullest. It gives me a flawless look. It does fuse into my skin as if it's part of my skin, not sitting on top of it. Because it does melts into the skin, I don't recommend applying this on the back of your hand, because the skin on your hand will soak up about 20-30% of it up before it has the chance to go on your face. It's a $46+tax foundation, I want to use it all up on my face. I've been using MUFE mat velvet+ & MUFE face and body for a while now and I thought those two were the long wearing foundations until I bought Dior Forever. I find that it stays on all day even without a setting powder (I have oily, combo skin, VERY oily at T-zone). I would recommend a thin thin layer of non-SPF lotion, and a water-based (not silicone) primer before putting on this foundation. I think silicone would just make the foundation slide off.

I am an NC40 and I wear shade 031 (yellow undertone). At first, I bought 040, but it was wayyy to red for my skin. 031 would is perfect for my skin now because it's winter, but I might buy 040 and mix it with 031 if I get darker during the summer. Although, my skin is more on the 031 side than 040. For those who are concerned about which shade to get, i would recommend visiting www.temptalia.com and click on foundation match. My friend who is an NC35 and my aunt is about an NC30 also matches shade 031. So that tells you that this foundation blends beautifully into the skin of many shades.

This is my favorite foundation to wear in the day time or night time. But more so in the day time because I would be able to utilize the SPF. I don't see a white cast on my face when I take pictures on my face like some has mentioned. But since my MUFE foundations don't have SPF, I prefer to use those up at night.

I took off one lippie because I don't like foundations that have pumps and require to "Shake well". If you think about it...it's pointless to shake well if it only takes 1 pump to cover my entire face. So, i'm basically only using the foundation that was in the tube of the pump, not the foundation in the bottle that I had just shook up. So doesn't it make sense that I'm using separated foundation in the tube everytime? I prefer squeezed tube foundation, if they require to be "shaken well". Otherwise, I think it's pointless to even shake.

I added the lippie back because I think the flawless look, and how it melts into my skin makes up for the flawed packaging. (i'm weird....i know).

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good medium coverage foundation, it stays looking freshly applied for a long time (even on my oily skin) and does not accentuate oily skin. I think the name of fusion wear is a very good description, as this really does meld with my skin and looks extremely natural while still providing coverage to my acne scars. Frankly this is probably the most natural looking, long wear foundation I've tried so far. The consistency is sort of like a liquid-y serum and is easy to blend in for an ultra natural look.

Two issues I've run into with this foundation are what is keeping me from giving this a '5' is that it is not transfer resistant and that this foundation settles or creases into fine lines somewhat. Although not all of the foundation comes off with blotting, if I blot I do end up with a beige tissue which is something I do not like. I'm not sure how this would wear on someone with mature skin and more prominent lines as my skin isn't mature yet, but I've noticed that after a few hours if I look closely under my eyes (I do apply this to the under eye area) I can see this foundation creasing a bit into the fine lines I have under my eyes. If I take my finger and gently smooth the area out it removes the creases, but I would prefer for this not to happen at all the rest of my face however looks fantastic.

One thing I have noticed is that for my oily skin this foundation wears much better on bare skin rather than on skin that has been moisturized. And since this foundation has SPF 25 (a major pro!) I feel more comfortable wearing this alone without an SPF moisturizer underneath. I think it must be said about this foundation line that the color selection is not the best. I actually feel pretty lucky that I managed to fit into Dior's limited color selection. I'm an NC20 and I wear Linen 021, which is for "light complexions with a yellow undertone", and is a good match for me, but if you're paler than that there is only one color option lighter than that: Ivory 010 (Light Beige 020 is the same color intensity as Linen but is for "light complexions with neutral undertones").

Bottom line: This one if worth looking into for those looking for both a natural finish that lasts a long time.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: Sept. 2012

I think I've found a way to perfect the application of this foundation which is now my favourite makeup base (apart from Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which is foolproof with fingers) - just use a moist sponge! So simple, so flawless, better than any fancy brush or fingers - gives an absolutely impeccable finish, and all this without looking like you are wearing a heavy foundation. The layer on the skin is thin and unpercievable. This is the way to do it, I am adding a couple of more lippies!

After many years without wearing foundation I have changed my makeup routine and when a new generation of foundations came out this year I have purchased first a Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and then Dior one (beautiful ad with Natalie Portman really worked its purpose well).

Chanel in its minuscule plastic packaging I have decided to keep for my numerous travels while Dior (mainly beacuse of its posh, heavy glass bottle) stays on my vanity table at home.

After a sample obtained in the magazine ( it is very difficult to obtain foundation samples in Scotland - it really makes me annoyed how precious SA are about these here!) I decided to go for 020 (I am pretty pale all year around with some yellow/olive undertones, I am B20 in Chanel) and it is a pretty good match for my skintone.

I use one pump and spread it with my fingers. It spreads easily but sets really quickly so you have to work fast to get a finish without smudges. It evens out my facetone nicely but does not improve a look of the structure of my skin - any dry patch is going to be accentuated. It gives my dry skin a pretty matte look which I have to counteract with Clarins Fix Make-up otherwise my pores look like craters and wrinkles appear that I have no idea of!

However, it quickly disappeares off my nose and chin so it is not so long lasting as Dior describes it. It goes quite oily on my t-zone which is otherwise normal so I have to blot with Shiseido's blotting papers after approx. 4 hours.

So it is definitely not a miracle foundation and I am on the fence with this product - I rather use it because I have paid so much for it that I cannot bear it standing unused on my vanity table. Chanel will be definitely purchased again but not this one.

^ EDIT: I might buy a Nude version instead. Also mixed with Chanel VItalumiere (not Aqua one) get a slightly more dewy look in winter and matches my colouring better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

READ: I'm NW15-20 and have to wear the very lightest shade, 010 Ivory, in pretty much all of Dior's foundations. If you are NC/NW10 or so, definitely get swatched at Sephora or a Dior counter before you purchase; Dior's colors tend to be a little too dark compared to many other brands on the market, and you may not be able to find the right shade. I'm usually the second lightest foundation shade in most brands, but Ivory was a perfect match for my fair skin.

As for the foundation itself?

I love it. I absolutely love it. More and more, I feel as if my HG items keep falling into my lap! I had been wearing Diorskin Nude in 022 Cameo for about a month, when I decided that right now I am WAY too pale for such a shade. Diorskin Nude has a very dewy look to it, and the coverage is light, but I liked the darker tone and the glowiness; I thought it worked pretty well with my dry, rosacea-prone skin. However, I did decide that I couldn't wear Cameo any longer, and took the bottle of Nude with me to Sephora for an exchange. This was about a week and a half before Christmas, and things at the mall were growing chaotic.

The scene at Sephora was no exception. Everything was was in disarray, and the Ivory shade of Diorskin Nude I needed was gone. People were everywhere, and I had to wait twenty minutes for I could get some poor, overworked SA to help me. She looked and looked and then found a second SA, who told me that they wouldn't get a new shipment of Ivory in the DiorSkin Nude until right before Christmas. One of the girls suggested that I try Diorskin Forever instead. "It's the exact same color system," she said, "And you may like the formula. It can at least tide you over for now, and then after Christmas you're welcome to come back and swap it out for a bottle of the Nude." (Say what you want about Sephora, but their return policy is awesome!)

Before I left Sephora with my new bottle of Forever, I took the sample bottle of Nude and swatched it along side a bit of Forever. Both shades, in Ivory, looked 100% alike, and I wish so much I'd taken a picture just to prove my point. Then I blended either formula on the back of my hands, just to see if they felt the same. After that I went to lunch with a friend. Halfway through our meal, I noticed that the hand with Diorskin Nude felt slightly tighter, or maybe dryer, than the hand with Diorskin Forever on it. It wasn't a huge difference, but it felt worth noting.

Since that time, I've decided that Diorskin Forever is my REAL HG foundation; it's more perfect than I could have asked for. I think Nude is still a fabulous foundation and many girls would be happy with it. However, I'm sticking with Forever because:

1. The SPF coverage is higher; Forever is 25 and Nude is only 10.

2. The finished look is more natural than the Nude, which makes Forever much more versatile. I can always add glowiness or dewiness to the Forever with other products, but I can't as easily take away that effect from the Nude.

3. The coverage is a little more intense and buildable than Nude. Nude can be built to medium coverage, but on my skin, one layer of Forever is pretty much all I need, unless my skin is really misbehaving.

I took off one point for packaging; the only part of Diorskin Nude I really miss is the gorgeous, heavy silver lid! But the navy blue lid on the Forever is pretty, and at least it doesn't show fingerprints as easily!

All in all, I'm very happy that I was "stuck" with Diorskin Forever. A month after purchasing, I'm absolutely thrilled with what happened. I also feel that the Diorskin Forever compact is a perfect compliment for touch-ups, and it didn't mesh QUITE as well with the Nude.

In my experience, the best way to apply Diorskin Forever is with the Sephora Airbrush #56. I get it slightly damp, and pump a very tiny amount of Forever onto my finger. I dab dots of the foundation all over my cheeks to start, and then I put my brush to work. First I stipple the foundation around, then in quick circles, I buff the formula out. I do the same thing to the rest of my face, and probably use only 1.5 to 2.5 pumps of Forever maximum. It's very quickly applied, and I think that combination of a high quality formula with the very soft, fluffy, and versatile Sephora brush helps speed things up greatly.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by xxcookii

I just recently got this foundation because my skin tone and texture is changing during the winter. I have dry but acne prone sensitive skin ... So I tend to break out more since winter in Canada is so cold and dry.this foundation jsnt too thick its more runny and that is why it is so easy to apply! for application I just use my fingers because the foundation just glides on. This foundation doesn't highlight my dry flakey parts which is an extra plus for me! I have bought many different foundation that tends to highlight my flakes , so I'm glad I found this . So far the Dior foundation hasn't broken me out yet and I am quite sensitive to chemicals .as for coverage this is light - medium. Definitely buildable. It covers my blemishes and redness . Not completely, but it does a good job .I'll come back for an updated if anything changes. As for the price , I think its pricey but if you compare it to MUFE,tarte or any high end foundations this isn't that expensive .. Maybe even cheaper . Lastly the lasting power is amazing ! Stayed on for the whole day . Just remember to wash off all your makeup before you go to sleep

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by mmcmsp

I hate this foundation in my skin. I have dry skin and it makes all lines and imperfections of my face show more, I have no idea why. It's crazy because I also think it looks beautiful.... and it has the most amazing smell you will ever find in a foundation. I have the older version of this so I might try the new one that has been released late 2011 and see if it is more moisturizing and if it gets in my fine lines as the older sister!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased 010, the lightest color, which unfortunately is simply too yellow for me, leaves a very obvious demarcation line at my jaw no matter how well blended. Wanted a warmer foundation with the hope of counteracting too much pink my complexion is pulling. Beyond that, this is a lovely product in terms of consistency, finish, scent, wear, coverage... Epic fail in terms of color. Very disturbed that it is nearly impossible to locate a HE foundation for my fair neutral/cool complexion. One lippie removed for poor color selection but would definitely purchase if my color was manufactured.
UPDATE: Wore this sheer and blended really really well. Thought I looked lovely and in my 10X mirror I did. Then went to lunch with my brother who afterwards very discreetly informed me that my face looked full of fine lines and incoming wrinkles. Now I know what it must feel like when one needs Xanax. Upon closer exploration dear brother was right! And he has vision in only one eye!. Reviewed my application and surmised that the toner I've been using was drying the surface of my skin and this foundation is not compatible with Smashbox primer. Have decided to keep this but cut it with a lighter toned foundations and custom blend for summer. For me this foundation is like having a really attractive boyfriend who treats you shabbily but you just can't give him up. Eventually both will run out.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by camilka

Edit: I'm taking another lippie off. I've found something better. Something that made this foundation, my old favourite, seem like crap: Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation. Found it in SP30 which is my perfect match. WOW.

.....................................................................................................

The only thing I dont like about this is that it could look just a bit more natural, but you can fix that by working the foundation with wet fingertips after application.

Pros
Covers everything.
A little goes a long way.
Stays on all day, even better with a primer under
If you're oily, this helps control it.
Crater pores are erased very nicely

Cons
A bit too covering sometimes, I would not use this over entire face, but I never do with foundation, only problem areas
Expensive!
Oxides a little after application, so dont buy before trying it on a while. Mine goes on a bit too bright but matches pefectly after 5 minutes.

I am Mac NC15-20 and 010 Ivory is perfect for me. Over all this is the best foundation I've tried so far. Until I find something better I will continue to use this. (I've heard that this is similar to Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation, but that the Shiseido version controls oil even better. I want to try it but I can only find very dark shades in Sweden and I won't order an expensive foundation online guessing my shade.)

EDIT: 010 was not a perfect color match as it turns out. I found out that a few retailers offer this in 011! Much better for my NC15 skin (yup, not 20). It is still a little dark though.

Shades ending with 0 are neutral, 1 are yellow and 2 are pink.
The number before is darkness level.

Super coverage. Can be sheered out with primer or by working it into skin with a damp brush or going over it with wet hands.