July 25, 2014 | 1911 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by mmcmsp

I hate this foundation in my skin. I have dry skin and it makes all lines and imperfections of my face show more, I have no idea why. It's crazy because I also think it looks beautiful.... and it has the most amazing smell you will ever find in a foundation. I have the older version of this so I might try the new one that has been released late 2011 and see if it is more moisturizing and if it gets in my fine lines as the older sister!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased 010, the lightest color, which unfortunately is simply too yellow for me, leaves a very obvious demarcation line at my jaw no matter how well blended. Wanted a warmer foundation with the hope of counteracting too much pink my complexion is pulling. Beyond that, this is a lovely product in terms of consistency, finish, scent, wear, coverage... Epic fail in terms of color. Very disturbed that it is nearly impossible to locate a HE foundation for my fair neutral/cool complexion. One lippie removed for poor color selection but would definitely purchase if my color was manufactured.
UPDATE: Wore this sheer and blended really really well. Thought I looked lovely and in my 10X mirror I did. Then went to lunch with my brother who afterwards very discreetly informed me that my face looked full of fine lines and incoming wrinkles. Now I know what it must feel like when one needs Xanax. Upon closer exploration dear brother was right! And he has vision in only one eye!. Reviewed my application and surmised that the toner I've been using was drying the surface of my skin and this foundation is not compatible with Smashbox primer. Have decided to keep this but cut it with a lighter toned foundations and custom blend for summer. For me this foundation is like having a really attractive boyfriend who treats you shabbily but you just can't give him up. Eventually both will run out.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by camilka

Edit: I'm taking another lippie off. I've found something better. Something that made this foundation, my old favourite, seem like crap: Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation. Found it in SP30 which is my perfect match. WOW.

.....................................................................................................

The only thing I dont like about this is that it could look just a bit more natural, but you can fix that by working the foundation with wet fingertips after application.

Pros
Covers everything.
A little goes a long way.
Stays on all day, even better with a primer under
If you're oily, this helps control it.
Crater pores are erased very nicely

Cons
A bit too covering sometimes, I would not use this over entire face, but I never do with foundation, only problem areas
Expensive!
Oxides a little after application, so dont buy before trying it on a while. Mine goes on a bit too bright but matches pefectly after 5 minutes.

I am Mac NC15-20 and 010 Ivory is perfect for me. Over all this is the best foundation I've tried so far. Until I find something better I will continue to use this. (I've heard that this is similar to Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation, but that the Shiseido version controls oil even better. I want to try it but I can only find very dark shades in Sweden and I won't order an expensive foundation online guessing my shade.)

EDIT: 010 was not a perfect color match as it turns out. I found out that a few retailers offer this in 011! Much better for my NC15 skin (yup, not 20). It is still a little dark though.

Shades ending with 0 are neutral, 1 are yellow and 2 are pink.
The number before is darkness level.

Super coverage. Can be sheered out with primer or by working it into skin with a damp brush or going over it with wet hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Tracem

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this in 020 and it's a great colour match after a few minutes, when the foundation has time to "sink in". I've been using the MAC Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer in Adjust as a base. I set with Chanel loose powder using a kabuki brush and then spray lightly with MAC Fix +. This foundation lasts all day at work with only one touch up at lunch time for my nose. The foundation gives what I would call a soft diffused glow, rather than dewy, if I want a dewy finish then I use the Guerlain Parure Aqua. I also have the Dior Extreme, but prefer this foundation as the Extreme looks a bit "flat".

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by annakimla

I switched to this foundation from Estée Louder Dw light. Dior Forever is not as heavy, but covers even better. Makes my skin looks younger and healthier. The shade 020 matches my fair skin tone perfectly! It has yellow undertone and hence covers red spots really well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I bought this by accident - I just saw "Forever" and assumed it was the same product as the now-retired "Extreme Wear" Forever Foundation, which I adored. When I got home, I saw it was a different formula and that my shade, 30, was a tad darker than my 30 in the original.

Luckily I love it. Here's what different: the shade is a bit different (I might have gone one shade lighter had I actually tested it) and the finish is a bit dewier and not as matte as the old Forever. That said, it held up a very impressive length of time, which, let's face it, you usually only get with drier-looking finishes. I have oily skin and most foundations do not last on me; I went into the bathroom about four hours after applying this and my face still looked fresh, glowy and flawless. I realize four hours doesn't sound very long to a lot of people but usually my skin has melted/eaten off my foundation by that point.

So I love this and sort of consider it the perfect hybrid of Diorskin Nude and the old Forever - it has the luminous finish of Nude and the lasting power of Forever. I'll even call this my HG foundation. And just to describe my skin, it's combination/oily/aging, no wrinkles or lines, but with shadows and veins around my eyes. NC27.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by eruiel

This high-end liquid foundation has a very nice texture. It’s not too thin or too thick to work with. It therefore applies very easily. This foundation provides light to medium coverage, and you can easily build up the coverage without it looking cakey. In my experience, this foundation has a satin finish that looks very natural. It also lasts all day, without fading or oxidizing, which some lower-end foundations tend to do on combination or oily skin. It also didn’t break me out, although I have sensitive skin. Even though it is kind of expensive, I only need one pump to do my entire face, and so it should last you a while.

Pros:
+ Nice texture
+ Buildable coverage
+ Lasts all day
+ Has SPF 25

Cons:
- Quite expensive compared to low-end brands

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by JoannaSLS

Love, love, LOVE! Great application, coverage and longlasting.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. I bought it in the shade 20. My skin has neutral undertones and my MAC shade is NW20/NC20. I prefer a natural or slightly glowing finish, but I wanted to try something that has a matte finish.
The color is just perfect for me. It's really easy to blend and I really like the smell of it. The staying power is okay, but could be better. I'm also not that happy with the coverage; just a little bit higher would be nice. I stopped using it because it's winter and I feel like this would be my perfect summer foundation, because I get a little bit oily in summer.
I think this would be great if you are looking for a matte foundation and if you have normal or combination skin and prefer a light to medium coverage (not really buildable by the way!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by deeburnbridge

I've been reading many reviews of this product because I was searching for a foundation to suit some of my requirements. And I've decided to add one of my own should it help anyone who's interested in this. I'm not a foundation junkie; I've only a Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation in #20 Clair and a Giorgio Armani Luminous Skin Foundation in #5 that I both love except I needed something in between for daily work wear. The thing with Chanel's Mat Lumiere is that it runs a little yellow, it looks great initially on but it oxidises throughout the day and strangely enough (!) it doesn't do much for my combi skin that gets oily in the T-zone. About 2hrs or so and I'm greasing up. By the end of the day, my face looks little muddy and just generally, for me, very unattractive like 'dead skin'. Nonetheless, Mat Lumiere has great texture etc. On the other hand, Giorgio Armani (my HG) is too expensive (with not as much coverage not that I like foundation with medium coverage; I really like foundations which sit very light, meld to the skin so you can't really feel that it's there) for everyday use. And my Sulwhasoo Whitening BB Base doesn't have enough coverage if I've got a blemish spot that day or something.

So I turned to Diorskin Forever (new formulation) - many raves and many gripes but so far I'm in my first week of using no problems as yet. I swatched 020 and 010 on my hand but couldn't quite tell the different so I got the SA to colour me in at my jawline. Both have a little pink undertones to it. She recommended 020 (I'm neutral skin tone) though I tried 010 as well. The latter is certainly a tad fairer on my skin but that was only INITIALLY. 020 seemed almost a perfect match although it appeared dull and that is a big sign to me that its just gonna oxidise and turn brown and gross. Anyhow, didn't notice much oxidation with this foundation (so unlike MAC's Face & Body which just didn't do anything spectacular for my east asian skin). It did change a little but after that not much, doesn't really budge either and a little more coverage than I'm normally comfortable with so I reckon that's pretty good for work as I want to put a good face forward. I took the 010 and today am wearing it with NO PRIMER or MAKEUP BASE. Have set it with Chanel's loose powder in Peche Clair. Sits very well on skin. I normally have an SPF50 PA+++ under my makeup but with Diorskin's SPF25 PA+++ I'm thinking I'll live a little today.

Would just like to see how this holds up for longer hour(age) wear. In comparison to Chanel's MatLumiere I have already high hopes for this controlling my face oils a lot better.

•••UPDATE•••
Morning to evening wear: pretty much stays on.
Morning to afternoon 6hr wear: stays on, coverage still there like when I put it on in the morning. Does shine up midway so blotting is necessary although my face is not greased up very much, only visible shine (I believe that's partly due to this part dewy-part matte formulation) so powdering down with a touchup powder is sufficient. Mega like this. A noticeable difference to other supposedly mattifying foundations.