September 2, 2014 | 1892 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by kittensandbows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm upset I paid the high amount of money for this product. I had been wanting to try it for a while and decided to "splurge", and being a total highlighter junkie I was excited to own it.

I wore it again today and the verdict is I pretty much hate it. I find it does nothing to illuminate my skintone, which is fair with pink undertones. The sun was out, it was a beautiful day and all I applied was BB cream, mascara, and Watt's Up, and I didn't notice any real highlighting on my skin. I blended it on my cheekbones up to my temples, a swipe down my nose, and a tiny bit under my brows. I appreciate more of a shimmer in my highlighters, and this product doesn't have any.

I was actually wanting this to try something that would give me a very subtle glow, but the glow is nonexistent with this product. When I try to layer more on so I can see the effect, it just creates muddy, yellow-toned areas even after vigorous blending. I can see how it would work on darker skintones, but it just doesn't do anything good for mine.

I'm kinda bummed because this made me realize that I have not been thrilled or even happy with any Benefit product (yes, including BeneTint) except for Benefit's Georgia blush (which was overpriced, to be honest, though I do love it). I'm kinda ready to give up trying with this brand after this latest 30+ dollar mistake.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Katy21

I think highlighters are my 'vice' product... I have tried most of the highlighters BeneFit have to offer and Watt's Up is just beautiful.
A lot of people moan about the price of BeneFit products but I find they last such a long time that they are worth splashing out on.
I love the unusual cream-to-powder formula of Watt's Up. It works very well over the top of matte foundation. I use it on the cheekbones, browbone and in a thin line down the bridge of my nose. It blends in seamlessly without looking dewy.
It makes the skin 'glow' rather than shimmer and would suit both yellow and pink undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by snowybell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I had wanted to return this product initially after 2 days of using it. But I came across another review on how to apply it to make it work and I am glad I didn't return it after all.
I initially used it after loose powder and it just mess up my make up by caking up the loose powder and smudging the BB cream.
I tried using it before loose powder and it really adds a very natural and beautiful sheen to your face!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Jaxx20x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Firstly i got this product for asos for half price (12) which i though was a bargain but ive given it a low score for the normal price which i think it ridiculous!

Usually use benefit high beam but latey have become lazy using it and cant really be bothered to blend it properly, so this looked like a nice alternative. The packaging it lovely, as with most benefit products, its eye catching and fun, shaped like a lightbulb. One end has a sponge to blend and the other the product.

The product itself it so easy to apply, anyone could do it, you just sweep over cheeks, nose, eyebrows and it gives a lovely 'ive just been on holiday and im looking fresh as a daisy look' lovely sheen to it not sparkly, its very similar to high beam, but easier to apply and im sure this would be a holiday essential and would look great with a tan., saying that though im not especially tanned and i think it gave my cheeks definition and a lovely glow.

Over all did love the product, im a big highlighter fan and i use it with benetint and its great for easy everyday use!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

This is a really nice cream highlighter, its a very flattering champagne shade which imparts a nice healthy glow to the skin. Its light weight and fairly long lasting. I would highly recommend this for NC 30-35 skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by evwilliams87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ok but expensive for what it is, i dont use it very much dont really know why, but would rather use other products than this one, love the look of the product tho!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by keerawr

LOVE. i have been looking for a new highlighter ever since the one ive been using ran out,and its discontiuned. i am absoulutely in love with this adds an amazing glow to exactly where i want it. amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by n3worl34ns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recieved this as a christmas gift and although I wouldn't pick this out for myself I am glad my sister did! I use it when along mostly and it gives my face a nice, warm glow. It is quite natural and usually I only do cool or neutral highlighters and blushes(except gold) but this works for me. It's like 9 grams so it will last forever and the formula is perfect: blendable, creamy, not oily, velvety almost powder finish but obviously not powedery.
The sponge included is absolutly useless. Fingertips are better and less wasteful. The product is also buildable and the packaging is adorable!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been looking for a luminizoer this good for a really long time. I have tried a few Nars multiples but they always end up greasy and disturbing my foundation, and powders make my skin look dry or sparkly. I watched a Lisa Eldridge video on how to apply a highlighter, and she suggested using a brush. I use this with a flat brush (from the Laura Mercier secret collection) and really try to get a decent amount of product on the brush, I don't dig in, exactly, but close to it. Then I gently smooth the product across the tops of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose and above the outer corner of my eyebrows and sometimes my temples. This creates such a subtle glow in the areas I want to pop...and I look fresher all day long. I have to be careful not to use too much on a day when I might be a little dewier (80F+) because then I can look a little too oily and metallic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by indianagal1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am currently in love with this. Glides on smooth and stays put for a while, although you may need to retouch it periodically. Brings out a subtle glow to your cheek bones that looks so flattering. Dark skin gals MUST use this...I don't mean tan, olive, or brown skinned girls (you can use it too), but really dark skin tones ...try this. We don't have a lot of products geared to our skin tones but this one is. Has not irritated my Uber sensitive skin yet...I have only tried it for a week now. The packaging is bulky but quite interesting, given the idea behind it. A "must have" despite its price tag, till I land another that can come close. For comaparison, The high beam is more goopy and difficult to use. Nars Copacabana highlighter, is slightly more shimmery although that is another that i really love as well...in small amounts.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No