October 24, 2014 | 1754 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by msspark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's one of the best makeup things I've ever bought. It's really beautful on the cheek bones when applied on top of foundation. Glows in photos if too much applied but looks amazing on nights out! I blend with my finger rather than with the sponge for better result and hygenic reasons.
It costs a lot (I think just under 40 in BT Dublin) but will last for ages! I bought it last summer and went through a half of it to date. It's also nice to highlight your eye makeup righ under the eyebrow (but you need to take a bit of it on a brush rather that applying straight from the stick). Creamy, smells lovely and suits everyday look with only mascara and light eye shadow/MAC painterly paintpot on the eyelid or any evening look.
So recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by tayrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely gives that "soft focus" highlight it mentions on the box. The champagne color isn't too shimmery and works nicely with my skin. It helps keep me glowy without looking oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Les281

This is my first try on a liquid/cream highlight. All I have used in the past have been powders but those werent giving me that "glow" I was looking for. I tap this across the top of my cheekbones, cupids bow, as my eyebrow highlight & down the middle of my nose. I tap it on b/c I dont want to disturb my foundation by swiping this. I then grab my round foundation brush, spray it w/water & dab to blend it in. I hate using my fingers for anything on my face.( I am acne prone) I do like the glow it gives but it isnt as fine as I would like. Meaning the glitter specks are sometimes visible up close. I do set it w/a powdered highlighter.b/c im an oily skin gal & throughout the course of the day I dont want to look like a disco ball. Happy w/the product just not sure it was worth all that money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted an investment highlighter and this one was worth saving up for in my book. I love to use this on my brow bones and tops of my cheek bones. It's very subtle if you're using it for an everyday look, but you could easily layer the product if you wanted something more dramatic. It's easy to be fooled by the quality of BeneFit's makeup since the packaging is always so cute, and lovely, but this one is very nice! I would re-purchase but I feel that I won't need to for a very long while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got this based on the excellent reviews here. This is basically like The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer in stick/cream-to-powder form. The colour and finish seem virtually identical. This delivers a flattering, subtle but still noticeable highlight and a "glow" that I think would be universally flattering - it's lovely on my fair skin and I think it would be stunning on dark skin-tones. The packaging is stupid - the spongey blender on the "flip side" isn't very useful - fingers work much better and Benefit would be wise to get rid of the excess packaging and just sell the stick on its own without the unnecessary extras. While I really like this, I have to say I prefer Mary Lou Manizer more because of the simpler brush application (I find a lot of the product comes off when blending with my fingers).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

AMAZING!!! I never liked looking 'dewy' since it made me look oily...but this makes me look normal! I put it on top of my bb cream on the cheeks, temples, and browbone, and it looks perfect! Love how it isn't glittery, more shimmer than sparkles! BUY IT!!! holy jeebus life changer!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by wednesdei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter is a soft focus cream-to-powder champagne highlighter that adds that extra luminosity to the skin without going overboard and is designed to work with all skin tones. When my desire for that extra scoop of healthy sheen that will last decently is on, I literally swipe this across my cheeks, temples and brow bones, blend it with my fingers and whoala..I have radiant skin in an instant! You can also use the handy sponge applicator on the other end of this purple plastic light bulb-inspired packaging to blend, but I just prefer using the old-fashioned (and lazy) way;- my (clean) fingertips in doing the trick. Also, don't get in any way intimidated with how shiny it looks like when you first swipe it. I assure you, once you blend it, it gives that lit-from-within glow that looks natural and oh-so flattering. It also glides smoothly which makes it relatively safe to use on top of your make up. It will not make a mess because it doesn't bulge nor cake. It stays on where you want it to be! :)

For swatches and FOTD, check out: http://mygorgeouspinkcheeks.blogspot.com/2012/05/benefit-watts-up-highlighter.html

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by kittensandbows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm upset I paid the high amount of money for this product. I had been wanting to try it for a while and decided to "splurge", and being a total highlighter junkie I was excited to own it.

I wore it again today and the verdict is I pretty much hate it. I find it does nothing to illuminate my skintone, which is fair with pink undertones. The sun was out, it was a beautiful day and all I applied was BB cream, mascara, and Watt's Up, and I didn't notice any real highlighting on my skin. I blended it on my cheekbones up to my temples, a swipe down my nose, and a tiny bit under my brows. I appreciate more of a shimmer in my highlighters, and this product doesn't have any.

I was actually wanting this to try something that would give me a very subtle glow, but the glow is nonexistent with this product. When I try to layer more on so I can see the effect, it just creates muddy, yellow-toned areas even after vigorous blending. I can see how it would work on darker skintones, but it just doesn't do anything good for mine.

I'm kinda bummed because this made me realize that I have not been thrilled or even happy with any Benefit product (yes, including BeneTint) except for Benefit's Georgia blush (which was overpriced, to be honest, though I do love it). I'm kinda ready to give up trying with this brand after this latest 30+ dollar mistake.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Katy21

I think highlighters are my 'vice' product... I have tried most of the highlighters BeneFit have to offer and Watt's Up is just beautiful.
A lot of people moan about the price of BeneFit products but I find they last such a long time that they are worth splashing out on.
I love the unusual cream-to-powder formula of Watt's Up. It works very well over the top of matte foundation. I use it on the cheekbones, browbone and in a thin line down the bridge of my nose. It blends in seamlessly without looking dewy.
It makes the skin 'glow' rather than shimmer and would suit both yellow and pink undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by snowybell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I had wanted to return this product initially after 2 days of using it. But I came across another review on how to apply it to make it work and I am glad I didn't return it after all.
I initially used it after loose powder and it just mess up my make up by caking up the loose powder and smudging the BB cream.
I tried using it before loose powder and it really adds a very natural and beautiful sheen to your face!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No