July 31, 2014 | 1976 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by snowybell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I had wanted to return this product initially after 2 days of using it. But I came across another review on how to apply it to make it work and I am glad I didn't return it after all.
I initially used it after loose powder and it just mess up my make up by caking up the loose powder and smudging the BB cream.
I tried using it before loose powder and it really adds a very natural and beautiful sheen to your face!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Jaxx20x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Firstly i got this product for asos for half price (12) which i though was a bargain but ive given it a low score for the normal price which i think it ridiculous!

Usually use benefit high beam but latey have become lazy using it and cant really be bothered to blend it properly, so this looked like a nice alternative. The packaging it lovely, as with most benefit products, its eye catching and fun, shaped like a lightbulb. One end has a sponge to blend and the other the product.

The product itself it so easy to apply, anyone could do it, you just sweep over cheeks, nose, eyebrows and it gives a lovely 'ive just been on holiday and im looking fresh as a daisy look' lovely sheen to it not sparkly, its very similar to high beam, but easier to apply and im sure this would be a holiday essential and would look great with a tan., saying that though im not especially tanned and i think it gave my cheeks definition and a lovely glow.

Over all did love the product, im a big highlighter fan and i use it with benetint and its great for easy everyday use!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

This is a really nice cream highlighter, its a very flattering champagne shade which imparts a nice healthy glow to the skin. Its light weight and fairly long lasting. I would highly recommend this for NC 30-35 skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by evwilliams87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ok but expensive for what it is, i dont use it very much dont really know why, but would rather use other products than this one, love the look of the product tho!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by keerawr

LOVE. i have been looking for a new highlighter ever since the one ive been using ran out,and its discontiuned. i am absoulutely in love with this adds an amazing glow to exactly where i want it. amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by n3worl34ns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recieved this as a christmas gift and although I wouldn't pick this out for myself I am glad my sister did! I use it when along mostly and it gives my face a nice, warm glow. It is quite natural and usually I only do cool or neutral highlighters and blushes(except gold) but this works for me. It's like 9 grams so it will last forever and the formula is perfect: blendable, creamy, not oily, velvety almost powder finish but obviously not powedery.
The sponge included is absolutly useless. Fingertips are better and less wasteful. The product is also buildable and the packaging is adorable!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been looking for a luminizoer this good for a really long time. I have tried a few Nars multiples but they always end up greasy and disturbing my foundation, and powders make my skin look dry or sparkly. I watched a Lisa Eldridge video on how to apply a highlighter, and she suggested using a brush. I use this with a flat brush (from the Laura Mercier secret collection) and really try to get a decent amount of product on the brush, I don't dig in, exactly, but close to it. Then I gently smooth the product across the tops of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose and above the outer corner of my eyebrows and sometimes my temples. This creates such a subtle glow in the areas I want to pop...and I look fresher all day long. I have to be careful not to use too much on a day when I might be a little dewier (80F+) because then I can look a little too oily and metallic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by indianagal1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am currently in love with this. Glides on smooth and stays put for a while, although you may need to retouch it periodically. Brings out a subtle glow to your cheek bones that looks so flattering. Dark skin gals MUST use this...I don't mean tan, olive, or brown skinned girls (you can use it too), but really dark skin tones ...try this. We don't have a lot of products geared to our skin tones but this one is. Has not irritated my Uber sensitive skin yet...I have only tried it for a week now. The packaging is bulky but quite interesting, given the idea behind it. A "must have" despite its price tag, till I land another that can come close. For comaparison, The high beam is more goopy and difficult to use. Nars Copacabana highlighter, is slightly more shimmery although that is another that i really love as well...in small amounts.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by thespeedytomato

I just bought this product this afternoon-- I have been wanting to try it for a while and planned to go out this evening, so I thought it was a good excuse.

The first good sign? Applying this product for the first time, using no additional tools, in front of a public-bathroom mirror, over my existing makeup... was really easy. It took me all of half a minute, and gave FANTASTIC results.

The second good sign: in various forms of lighting (natural lighting, pastel public-bathroom lamps, harsh fluorescents, dinner table glass lamps), there was a beautiful sheen... but not a single hint of glitter. Shimmer, yes (it is a highlighter, after all), but without ANY visible sparkles. Nothing to migrate all over my face, nothing to make it look like I was wearing any kind of product. I love that there is finally a product that manages to reflect light without looking like it was designed for an eight-year-old girl.

The third good sign is that when I got home tonight after hours of walking around a mall, having dinner and drinks, dancing, and metro-riding... everything was still exactly where I'd put it. Oh, my foundation had worn away a little, and my eyes were beginning to show the first signs of eyeliner smudge, but my highlighter was exactly where it had been six hours before. Not sure how much longer it will last, as I proceeded to remove it and log on here to tell everyone at MUA how awesome this product is.

This is easily the most natural, lit-from-within glow my face has ever had. BeneFit wasn't lying when they called it a "soft-focus" highlighter. Unlike HIgh Beam, which tends to be better for a more in-your-face glow (which has its uses), Watt's Up is definitely a more versatile, day-to-night highlighter. Looks equally good applied subtly for a day at work, or with a slightly heavier hand to catch the lights at nighttime. I have fairly dark skin and was a little nervous about the pale champagne shade, but it's the perfect neutral tone and looks exactly right. I imagine it would compliment almost any skin tone perfectly, especially if the edles are well-blended.

The packaging is cute, but a little too bulky for my tastes. I tend to like items that can pack up in a very small pouch, and this one takes up a lot more room than I feel it needs to. However, I am willing to leave other items at home to make room for this one, as it's just that great. I do feel that valuable space is wasted on the sponge--I, like many MUAers, don't use the because it doesn't seem all that sanitary. I also don't swipe the product directly on my face-- I find that applying with the fingers in a "patting" motion tends to give the softest, most natural glow, and doesn't disturb the underlying makeup. This also allows very exact control over how much product goes on your face. In the amounts I tend to use it, this one purchase should last me a while, even using it every day, like I plan to. However, if I do run out out I will most definitely rebuy!

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my favourite highlighter! I use it every time I wear makeup and blend it slightly above my blush to highlight my cheekbones. the formulation is creamy and the colour is a very flattering champagne colour. I personally don't use the sponge tip end, I prefer to apply and blend with my middle or ring finger. the packaging is very cute and I will purchase again if I ever run out