December 18, 2014 | 1796 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Ivonne24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So far the best highlighting product I have ever used. I previously tried different cheek tints, liquidid highlighters, but they didn't work on my skin as after few hours they either faded or left oily patches on my skin. This has got a fantastic shade, I used it on my cheek bones, under my eyebrow (this depends though on which eyeshadow I use) and just abo my lips. I rate this product so much above YSL Touche Éclat. It is brilliant during a day in the office as it makes me looked fresh and dewy all day and for a night out (looks fabulous on the photos)- i used it on my friends and its matches all skintones The packaging is really cute, the sponge is slightly annoying as it gets dirty really quickly, but it's not a massive con. Overal, I love Benefit What's Up and it's a must have in my cosmetic bag

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Since I switched over to matte blushes, I've wanted to build up my highlighter wardrobe (lol). I already have Boots No 7 High Lights (cream white/pink), Revlon Brighten (slightly warmer light pink) & Hard Candy Tiki (golden tan). I wanted a champagne shade. This looked nice & since I prefer cream formulas, I went to Sephora to swatch it. I was planning to wait until F&F but when I was up by the checkout I saw that they had this as a 100-point bonus. Score!!
This is the brightest highlighter I have. It's a peachy-shade & very shimmery. I don't think I would buy a full-size of this because it is very strong on my NW10 skin but it is very pretty & I will continue to use my mini

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Marrrjjjii

I like the effect this product has it brings out the begin of my cheek bones. The colour is a bronze gold which is good if you want to look more tan! However friends and collegues point out that my face looks shiny rather then glittery! I want to avoid looking shiny as I have oily skin on my nose, so won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Kali89

I find this product to be one of the best highlighters on the market. Still, I feel the package is awkward and it is highly priced for a highlighter at $30. I don't understand the weird cap. I know it is supposed to be a light bulb, but it barely resembles one. It's more inconvenience than whimsy. Why not a cap like Girl Meets Pearl? I also think $20 would be a more acceptable price. Highlighter is a bonus to my makeup routine, not a necessity. Then again, maybe that's why it's priced so high. I do like it, and will probably buy iy again. Benefit! If you're reading this, change the cap! Please!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I love the shade of this highlighter on my NC35 tanned skin but this needs to be applied with a light hand. Otherwise, this has a tendency to look too luminous due to its cream texture. I have been using this everyday for 2 months. This is easy to apply and blend because it can be applied directly from the tube onto my face. I apply this at the top of my cheekbones, above my eyebrows, down the bridge of my nose, at the bow of my lips and center of my chin, where the night naturally reflects to give my skin a radiant, refreshed, and dewey look. However, I much rather prefer powder highlighters such as Smashbox soft lights because too often, I apply too much in my washroom and my face looks like a disco ball when I'm in natural light. I find this also happens to me with Benefit's liquid version High Beam. This is not my first experience with stick highlighters either. Wet n' wild had a version of this that I loved because the formula was drier and looked more natural. Unfortunately, they discontinued that.

I also find the packaging to be gimmicky with the sponge applicator on the other end. I never use that end, as this can just be blended with your finger. I will finish this but I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this highlighter. It gives a nice sheen without leaving way too much sparkle and glitz all over the face. I love applying this to my cheek and brow bones in the summer time and it just gives me such a nice dewy look and helps me look more vibrant and awake. It definitely draws people in when you look at it. I also find it is a much more appealing champagne pearl colour that Benefit's High Beam which is way too white and opaque for my liking. I blend this out with my fingers as I hate the sponge. Absorbs too much product and it would also capture a lot of bacteria so I have never actually opened that end. Plus, I think the packaging is super cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by msspark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's one of the best makeup things I've ever bought. It's really beautful on the cheek bones when applied on top of foundation. Glows in photos if too much applied but looks amazing on nights out! I blend with my finger rather than with the sponge for better result and hygenic reasons.
It costs a lot (I think just under €40 in BT Dublin) but will last for ages! I bought it last summer and went through a half of it to date. It's also nice to highlight your eye makeup righ under the eyebrow (but you need to take a bit of it on a brush rather that applying straight from the stick). Creamy, smells lovely and suits everyday look with only mascara and light eye shadow/MAC painterly paintpot on the eyelid or any evening look.
So recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by tayrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely gives that "soft focus" highlight it mentions on the box. The champagne color isn't too shimmery and works nicely with my skin. It helps keep me glowy without looking oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Les281

This is my first try on a liquid/cream highlight. All I have used in the past have been powders but those werent giving me that "glow" I was looking for. I tap this across the top of my cheekbones, cupids bow, as my eyebrow highlight & down the middle of my nose. I tap it on b/c I dont want to disturb my foundation by swiping this. I then grab my round foundation brush, spray it w/water & dab to blend it in. I hate using my fingers for anything on my face.( I am acne prone) I do like the glow it gives but it isnt as fine as I would like. Meaning the glitter specks are sometimes visible up close. I do set it w/a powdered highlighter.b/c im an oily skin gal & throughout the course of the day I dont want to look like a disco ball. Happy w/the product just not sure it was worth all that money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted an investment highlighter and this one was worth saving up for in my book. I love to use this on my brow bones and tops of my cheek bones. It's very subtle if you're using it for an everyday look, but you could easily layer the product if you wanted something more dramatic. It's easy to be fooled by the quality of BeneFit's makeup since the packaging is always so cute, and lovely, but this one is very nice! I would re-purchase but I feel that I won't need to for a very long while.