January 27, 2015 | 2015 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ambyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Benefit Watts Up! highlighter will always be my absolute favorite. It's everything I've ever imagined and more. The packaging is so cute, although I don't use the sponge end because I blend with a blush or bronzer ontop, I rarely wear this with nothing over top. Doesn't break me out either which is a nice plus on my very sensitive skin. I'm a NC45 in mac for reference and it shows up beautifully on me and in pictures. Some highlighters are way too "white" and sparkly on me. So glad I tested this on my hand and instantly knew it was a perfect match. On my second one and will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by lishuoyan0415

I do like the texture and color of this product. However, it makes my skin red and sensitive after trying it on for a very short time. I also don't like the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by lex16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

love this product! about $55 AUS, comes with a blending sponge one end and the stick highlighter on the other end. It's a beautiful champagne colour and isn't too sparkly, easily blends in with my skin tone with or without any other makeup or base. I use it on my cheekbones, cupids bow and brow bones, it adds a very natural glow.
never tried NARS highlighters but this one is fab, the packaging is great and I always get lots of compliments on my (faux) glowiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm very satisfied with this highlighter. I'd use it on my cheekbones and nose bridge and the results on photos are just brilliant! It's suitable for everyday use as it appears to be like a sheer sheen rather than sparkles. The cream stick formula is good at creating a dewy look. As I have problems with other highlighters emphasizing my yellow undertone skin, I have no problem with this one. It does not oxidise throughout the day nor make my Asian skin look tired or washed out. Highly recommended! One stick can probably last you for a very very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by krispykreme90

Used this product on my cupids bow, beneath my brows, bridge of my nose and above my cheeks and it gave a nice luminous sheen to the areas and totally changed and improved my look. Made me look refreshed I'd say. Will defo be using it often :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by gracedeiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this highlighter and it's a definite must for finishing my look every day. I understand if you have a heavy hand with it you're probably not going to like this product. A little goes a longgggg way. I started off trying the sample with my 100 points from sephora and loved it. That tiny thing lasted me 3 months. It's the perfect luminosity and a peachy sheen for my skin, I use it on my cheek bones, my brow bones and just a tiny bit on the bridge of my nose. It blends really nicely and it really makes a difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ItalianBerry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in search for a highlighter for my olive skin tone (most highlighters are too silver for my skin, and the gold ones may as well just be gold eyeshadows)

Pros :
- Nice "champagne" colour, suits ALL skin tones, but I would prefer a more gold tone.
- Easy application, looks like a glue stick.
- Doesn't get used up quickly, only need a small amount 'cus its so concentrated.

Cons :
- Too concentrated even when applied lightly, makes cheeks look way too luminescent.
- Doesn't blend easily, but looks like you swashed it on.
- Not worth the price.

I prefer Body Shop's Tinted Glow Enhancer which is great for warm skin tones and blends really beautifully and looks extremely subtle. Benefit's Watts Up just looks a little too artificial, and the whole point of a highlighter is to make it look natural.

I won't be re-purchasing but its gonna take a long time to finish it anyway, so I'll use it for night time going out, and my Body Shop one for the daytime.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Ivonne24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So far the best highlighting product I have ever used. I previously tried different cheek tints, liquidid highlighters, but they didn't work on my skin as after few hours they either faded or left oily patches on my skin. This has got a fantastic shade, I used it on my cheek bones, under my eyebrow (this depends though on which eyeshadow I use) and just abo my lips. I rate this product so much above YSL Touche Éclat. It is brilliant during a day in the office as it makes me looked fresh and dewy all day and for a night out (looks fabulous on the photos)- i used it on my friends and its matches all skintones The packaging is really cute, the sponge is slightly annoying as it gets dirty really quickly, but it's not a massive con. Overal, I love Benefit What's Up and it's a must have in my cosmetic bag

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Since I switched over to matte blushes, I've wanted to build up my highlighter wardrobe (lol). I already have Boots No 7 High Lights (cream white/pink), Revlon Brighten (slightly warmer light pink) & Hard Candy Tiki (golden tan). I wanted a champagne shade. This looked nice & since I prefer cream formulas, I went to Sephora to swatch it. I was planning to wait until F&F but when I was up by the checkout I saw that they had this as a 100-point bonus. Score!!
This is the brightest highlighter I have. It's a peachy-shade & very shimmery. I don't think I would buy a full-size of this because it is very strong on my NW10 skin but it is very pretty & I will continue to use my mini

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Marrrjjjii

I like the effect this product has it brings out the begin of my cheek bones. The colour is a bronze gold which is good if you want to look more tan! However friends and collegues point out that my face looks shiny rather then glittery! I want to avoid looking shiny as I have oily skin on my nose, so won't be buying it again.