April 25, 2014 | 1090 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by kalliela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got this as a sample in a GWP. What can I say? I am starting to believe Lancome is overpriced junk. Their skin products wreak havoc on my skin and several of their mascaras disappoint me. This being one of them. IT DRIES HORRIBLE. Feels like you are wearing like a waterproof mascara, feels pretty bad on. Lashes feel tight and dry. Adds no volume, didn't curl as much as I would have wanted it to. Don't buy Lancome crap, why do you think they give those GWPs? Definitely better mascaras out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So Im a mascara junkie and Im always looking for the next best mascara and when this first came out I got it right away it was actually my first lacome mascara. When I first tried it I thought it was the best thing ever because it was my first high end mascara. Well after I tried a bunch of others I realized this was not very good. It gave some length no curl whatsoever and no thickness. I was pretty dissapointed since there very expensive I would not recommend this looks nothing like perfect doll lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by briebabyy

I really enjoyed how this product made my lashes appear. I did not like how quickly the mascara dried up. After about three weeks the mascara was not usable anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by dkarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara impressed me at first. It's has a pleasant scent and cute, girly packaging. No need to use a curler beforehand as it curls the lashes beautifully, giving the "doe eye" effect that it promises. The lashes are not too dramatic, but it's definitely not a neutral look. However, the mascara dries out VERY quickly. I didn't even have it for two months when it became unusable. A shame, really, because otherwise I would have definitely bought it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by stella10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked the mascara and the brush, it made a huge difference and really gave me the "doe eye" look. The only think I really do not like about this is the really nasty strong scent it has. It makes the product look really cheap and could irritate people with sensitive eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this mascara. I do love the packaging. And as a general rule, Lancome makes a great mascara. Unfortunately, this mascara bleeds after a few hours (maybe sooner - I discovered this to my horror after lunchtime). For me, this is a deal breaker. Mascra needs to stay on the lashes.

I will say it wipes away with relative ease, but I can do without the need for wiping away mascara for the delicate undereye area. It does look quite nice when first applied though. And it comes off quite easily as well. But I won't be using this product....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by sharonnn

The first time i tried this mascara i thought it was really great. It does create a very full looking lash but not amazingly 'doll' like. I didn't lengthen my lashes greatly but it did make them look thicker which i love. Over time however, it does dry out quickly and i found after a month or so when i applied it, it did make my lashes clumpy but that can be fixed so it isn't a huge deal. I bought this when i was in the States for around $50 but in Australia i know that it is ridiculously overpriced so i dont think i'd buy it here.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by melliecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been a huge fan of Diorshow mascara for a long time, and I thought that I would try this on a recommendation. At first, I didn't love it - as other reviewers have said, it's quite clumpy. However, what it does to your lashes - amazing! They are thick, full, and gorgeous. Upon more use, I am starting to love this even more than the Diorshow.

I've only had it for a month so far, and I'm hoping that the formula won't dry out as some other reviewers have said. So far, so good.

One of the very basic tips that I've heard for application, which is so simple, but it really works: when you're applying mascara on the other corner of your lashes, you should angle your hand so you brush toward your ear. When you do the inner corner, angle the brush toward your nose. Such a simple tip, but wow, it really works, and it cuts down enormously on clumping.

So far, I'm loving the Doll Lashes ... they make my eyes look huge, and amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by tstgirl

I liked this the first 3 weeks, it gave volume, lengh, it was great. After that it started to dry and get goopy. Because the formula started to change it made the brush even harder to apply because the skinny part of the brush would hold too much of the formula than the fat part of the brush so my lashes would look uneven. After that it got flakey. I would not repurchase because this was only good for a month and a half. Too bad and i love the pretty packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by sharenb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lashes are already really long so whenever I use a new mascara I focus more on the curl and volume versus the length. I noticed this mascara was VERY natural looking (not clumpy at all, very smooth with non-dry formula), but this also meant it provided very little volume. It did separate my lashes nicely, which was surprising for the brush style, but after a couple hours of wear the curl it gave my lashes wouldn't last. All in all its okay for daily, natural looking wear but may not make a huge difference for people who don't already have longer lashes.