April 21, 2014 | 1493 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice coverage and beautiful finish. Makes my skin look nearly flawless. The HUGE application brush makes it fast. I got this as part of a set I ordered from HSN. I can't believe I've given up my longtime Bare Minerals foundation but this covers so well and is so fast!! Doesn't clog my pores and my skin looks great. My new go-to foundation!
Update: it's been over a year since I tried this foundation and I am still using and loving it! My skin looks very smooth and even- very important to those of us in our middle years who spent a lot of time in the sun! I apply over my moisturizer and still finish with my Mineral Veil from Bare Minerals. Doesn't dry me out and lasts all day. Still loving it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation and I'm a BB Cream girl. I just fell in love with Tart's BB cream then I had to try this. I put this on with my RT foundation brush and I only needed the smallest amount to cover my face very well. I think it's medium to light coverage because I don't have many spots and it covered everything with one layer. I didn't have to build it up to get the coverage I needed. It can be built though for skin that needs more coverage.

I had it on at least 10 hours and my skin looked perfect. No flaws,blotchyness,spots,Etc. My skin looked flawless. It really impressed me that something that stays for 12 hours feels like nothing on your skin. It's very light on the skin and this is the only foundation that I will wear.

Right now this is my HG! No cakyness or it not mixing with my moisturizer and primer. I got this in a set but it's a huge amount but I will buy the regular size before I run out as this is the only foundation I will use atm.It also doesn't make me break out and it controls oil very well so it's the perfect Summer foundation.

Give it a try ladies it's really good and I hope you have the same awesome results.Also I have super oily skin and it doesn't make it worse it makes it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by carolinedawson

I bought this product when I was in desperate need for something new. I couldn't find anything that would hide AND cover my acne at the same time until I came across this foundation. It works great! It covers any scars and over time actually decreases the amount of acne. I had it for about three months until I had to buy another one. It's pretty pricey, but definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Cosmeticianbabe14

The best foundation for
-oily breakout prone skin

Pros-
-skin stays matte
-full coverage
-stays on all day
Cons-
Can look and feel a little heavy If you over apply
-I cannot wear this in the winter because the clay that absorbs the oil and keeps you matte will also dry out your skin and cause flakes
I'd say this is the perfect summer foundation for skin that's normal-combination-oily.
It's also natural so it's so much better for your skin and won't clog pores even close to as much as cheap loreal/covergirl, ect foundations

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by JillianRoseF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you have had trouble looking for a matte full-coverage foundation, look no further! I have tried everything from Clinique to MAC, and this is by far the most impressive. I have pretty oily skin, and living in a hot climate doesnt help. The staying power is absolutley phenomenal; only needing a touch-up after SEVEN hours! The coverage is very full, but you can work with it. I suggest using a very dense Kabuki brush, because that seems to give the best results. It provides an airbrushed finish that is unmatched. It is pricey, but with great packaging and a lot of product, you get some bang for your buck. Worth a try! It is my HG foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Angmeg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is great, almost perfect! I have oily acne prone skin, and large pores! This seems to minimize my pore size (sure it's just an illusion but it looks great!) and makes my skin look dewy and clean and clear. I don't consider this a full coverage, more medium. For a fuller coverage I actually just use concealer in the spots I want more coverage then the foundation. I don't like the application when applied with my hands or a brush, I use the beauty blender I bought at sephora and it gives me a clean streak free air brushed look. Lasts about 6 hours but I find I need to touch up (maybe because of really oily skin!) It doesn't make me break out and I don't mind the packaging because I cut the tube when I'm done and seal it in a airtight Baggie (ziplock) so I can use every last little bit of product. I will continue to buy this, so far it's the only thing that looks great on my skin after trying *hundreds* of foundations over the years.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Rosaliediane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You HAVE to get the matching Amazonian clay foundation brush! I get compliments on my makeup all the time because this brush makes your skin absolutely flawless! It gives it the most beautiful airbrushed finish. I have 3 of these brushes! They wash and dry nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in 2 shades: light and medium. The light is my main shade and I blend in a little bit of medium based on how tan my skin is. PROS: light to medium coverage, excellent consistency, excellent blendability, good staying power, doesn't look cakey, there is a lot in the tube and it goes a long way, tube allows you to squeeze out the majority of product/no waste, it does help control oil, I've not worn it over 10 hours - but it works well during that time frame, no break-outs or rashes (I have sensitive skin). CONS: shade variety is limited. Hmm, I don't have a lot of cons for this product. A couple tips that work for me...blending two shades to get the correct shade for your skin is helpful as the color selection is a bit limited. I was never a foundation brush person until this product. When I used my fingers to blend I always ended up with a heavier coverage that what I like (I was moving from TM to this product), but the foundation brush allows me to blend it with a lighter touch. It helps control oil, but I also use a mattifying moisurizer (murad) and a light dusting of powder to set it (hd-mufe) and with that combination I do not look oily at all - even after 10 hours. I will keep buying this as I swapped for many products until I found this one and it does exactly what I want it to do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have oily skin and you want a light-weight natural looking foundation with pretty good coverage, then this is the foundation for you! I love how the texture is moussey and creamy, yet it's not going to make you look like an oil-slick at the end of the day (unlike *AHEM* MUFE HD Foundation). It also doesn't seem to oxidize on me either which is a bonus! I don't recommend this foundation for those who are prone to dry skin because it can accentuate dry patches if you have any (and if you do, moisturize). It also has pretty good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail foundation as of right now, and that is HUGE for me to say because I have tried (probably hundreds) of foundations in my lifetime, both high and low end, and never felt this way about any of them before.

This foundation blends like a dream, and still gives full coverage with it looking natural, like you have perfect skin, and it lasts ALL DAY LONG. It is non-drying or irritating to my dry skin whatsoever, it does not break me out, and i'd say it leaves a semi-matte, kinda satin finish which is beautiful and makes me glow in all the RIGHT places!

The lasting power on it is really great. I get compliments on my skin whenever I wear this foundation (and the concealer) The formulation is absolutely perfect. I have a very high-stress job in retail where i am running around all day long and it gets quite hot, and I do produce some oil, but whenever I pass a mirror, i look flawless just as i put the foundation on in the morning. After using this product and the concealer, I am now obsessed with Tarte. I already bought their amazonian clay lipstick & bronzer and i plan on purchasing more from this line because i know i can depend on the products, they truly say what they're going to do and work so well on my less than perfect skin.

I am upset that I haven't tried Tarte sooner. I did not order this off of QVC, i just simply walked into my local sephora and picked it up. Great stuff.