August 1, 2014 | 1757 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by BrendaDavis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this foundation so I finally bought it, and I was really disappoint , it looks good at first but voter an hour my face is a big oily mess and that's with me setting it with a powder , and also I feel that when I wear this foundation my face gets irritated and it makes me break out , I'm really disappointed and I will not be purchasing this foundation again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by girly2222

I bought this in light pale.I have a red face sensitive skin and slightly dry skin.This tarte foundation is awful, I put it on for a couple hours and my pores grew bigger the makeup sunk into my fine lines and the coverage started fading and my red face came back through the makeup.The makeup went on like a tube of toothpaste sticky uneven does not blend with my fingers or makeup brush.After the couple hours it was on my face I got some red bumps.So I wanted it off my face it took ten cottonballs of witch hazel, and several scrubber pads to get this paint job off my face.WOW! Its finally off and I'm returning this in the morning.Worse makeup ever and it don't dry it just wrinkles up your face and settles in every line on your face.Check out my other Reviews!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by 4everbeauty21

this foundation broke me out after about a week. It's loaded with cones (which is why it made my skin look amazing and poreless). I'm not going to reduce the rating too much just because I have sensitive skin...it really is a nice foundation that has the perfect coverage, finish, and is comfortable to wear. So no, I would not purchase again, and my search continues for the perfect liquid foundation. But if you have normal-oily skin and are not sensitive to cones, then you'll love this foundation :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by mandaleighx0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this foundation! easy to blend, long wearing, good coverage and beautiful finish! as long as you get the right color this product is perfection!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

I really like this foundation. You need so little so my bottle has lasted me over two months and I think I can go another month before repurchasing. I use the fairest shade but I am very pale and neutral so to prevent looking overly yellow I mix it with Revlon Color Stay Whipped foundation in the palest shade as well but just a tiny bit. This foundation and the bit of revlon whipped mixture is perfect for me. The staying power of the Amazonian clay full coverage foundation is fantastic and it never looks cakey. It is expensive, but like I said it lasts so long because you need so little. I love the packaging, it is not too bulky and I like that it is a squeeze tube so you can control the amount you are dispensing. i don't think I'll be using anything else for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by cbsingley

I don't get the bad reviews? I have SUPER oily and acne prone skin and this foundation is awesome. I just went to an amusement park in Florida and it stayed on all day through my oilyness/high heat/humidity. The color is great too! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is superrrrrrr acne prone. So acne prone I'm on medicine from the derm. She has me on 4 medications! Now on to the product. I REALLY ENJOY WEARING THIS! It is so lightweight, blends good ( I use real techniques all over brush), lasts all day, I have to blot throughout the day, but not as much as other foundations. It's finish is not totally matte, it would probably be described as satin. The this is not full coverage as it claims. More medium to medium to full so it sucks it doesn't live up to it's name 100 percent. But this product really is lightweight though! I don't feel it at all. It makes my face look so smooth and even but you can still see my acme bumps, but the redness is diminished. The color of this foundation isn't true though. The shade i was matched to seemed too light at first, like I kinda looked pale, but through the day,it actually matched my skin spot on. So I think it does oxidize, at least on me. It really does just look over all better through the day. The price is not cool... pretty expensive but you get 1.7 fluid oz which is more than average. I use this paired with their finishing powder, which is my hg finishing powder. ALSO one thing to mention, I do think this is BENEFICIAL to my skin. It has toned down some acne, and when I take it off at night my skin is so smooth and feels firmer. I just adore this. If it doesn't work for you at first, try expiramenting with different application techniques, primers, and finishing powders with it. I love this and would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by bfresh0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation never seems to blend into the skin. Instead, it sits on top and easily wipes off on anything that touches your face. Even if you dont touch your face it seems to melt off or crease up quickly. I'm not very oily so I don't know why this would happen?) The coverage is decent but not totally full coverage. It definitely settles in the lines as wrinkles even when used with a primer and setting powder. I have used fingers, brushes, sponges, etc. still this foundation never looks natural, it oxidizes, it doesn't stay on very long, it emphasizes fine lines ad creases and it feels heavy on. Comes in a squeeze tube but feels more like a creamy mousy texture than a liquid. I will not buy this again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love Tarte products. (Not so much of their customer service, but that's a whole other story.) I have tried this in numerous ways over the course of 2 months. I don't know why, but if this foundation is supposed to be formulated for oily skin, why does it oxidizes so terribly? I mean...Oopma-loompa status. As soon as I stepped out into natural sunlight...I knew I would never wear it again. Also, they really shouldn't be so quick to say full coverage. Its a good medium coverage, but it didn't cover my acne or scaring at all. I still had to go in with a concealer, which I don't have to do if I use my Revlon ColorStay Whipped. There are just too many things about this foundation that have made me very disappointed.
Wont repurchase and if I cant find someone to give it to... I am throwing it out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Xvivian90

this made my face looked like CRACKED POTTERY!!

When i first heard about amazonian clay I was eager to try it out, and after i did I am scared to try anything else with amazonian clay. When i initially applied it, it will look nice. But as it oxidizes it will start to separate and need to be rubbed in again or reapplied (because when rubbing to try and fix it, it removes.) when I made facial expressions like raising my eye brows, the separation is highly noticable inbetween my eyebrows (like in the desert when the soil cracks.. foudation seperates and u can see my skin through the cracks). Also, It doesnt clog my pores.. my pores are totally visable and accentuated because the foundation refuses to glide over the pore, it just forms AROUND the pores. try imagining dough with holes poked in it with toothpicks, thats how the foundation looked on me.

Its good if you are going somwhere real quick and back home, but 12 hours? giiiiirl you so cray. I refused to return it because I had already tried and returned 4 foundations prior to this one, so now its sitting in my makeup drawer.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No