August 2, 2014 | 1616 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by nikrou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for 2 days now. I usually check out my future purchases on MUA, but found myself at Target and out of facewash so I bought this on a whim. After reading the reviews I was very concerned about people with their skin drying, and very few whose skin broke out. But, I figured I'd give it a try since it was now mine. Well, ladies, this stuff is breaking me out. In 2 days! I never break out. No, listen. I never break out. I now have small little pimples in the most random places...the most random? My eyes. I have ever in my entire life broke out on my eyes...it's so odd. I don't even care to go a whole week trying it out. I'm taking it back tomorrow and switching back to my regular foam cleaner: Neutrogena Foaming Acne Free Wash. I use that with my Clarisonic and am FLAWLESS. So you can imagine what a disappointment this cleanser was while I was even using it with my Clarisonic. I'll take having a slightly red face after washing for a little while over this bull. I mean, I'm known for my awesome skin...I've got a reputation to uphold! :)

Clear Complexion my ass-ets. Tehe.

***3-27-13 UPDATED*** Bumped up to three stars from one. Had a bad reaction to some birth control and decided to try this stuff out again after using a 2% salicylic acid was too much for my skin. This .02% was just enough to clear my skin up a bit without being too harsh. It didn't totally clear my skin up but it did work better than the first time it. The con was that my face would be very irritated after using this wash. Sensitive skin over here. I would not repurchase simply because it is nothing amazing for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by yellowjello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: Cheap, pretty gentle
Cons: A little drying, pump breaks when you have about 2 inches of product left.

I have combination skin, and while this cleanser didn't seem to irritate my skin, it didn't help clear my complexion. Actually, I think the Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser worked better for me in terms of clearing up my skin. Will not repurchase Clear Complexion, though I will repurchase Ultra Calming

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess everyone's skin is different. I actually had a pretty positive experience with this cleanser. I have combination skin--I get extremely oily on my forehead, nose and chin (perhaps most on the nose), and get an occasional blemish around those areas. My cheeks and jawline, however, tend to be very dry. My skin is also very sensitive. I appreciate the light, foaming texture of this, and how gentle it was on my sensitive skin. However, I'm not sure that it has been all that effective in actually treating my acne. In some areas, it also seems to leave behind a very "tight", dry feeling, so for that reason I didn't give it a five star review. However, considering that it is a relatively inexpensive drug store brand it's pretty good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by teiubesc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser a lot. This is by far the gentlest acne face wash I had ever tried that doesn't irritate or dry my skin. It doesn't clog my pores and cause breakouts. In fact, it calmed my skin and lessened the redness of my acne. I use this twice a day, morning and night, and one pump is all I need to remove dirt and excess oil off my face. I don't wear any foundation or powder on my face (they clog my pores) but I do wear eyeliner and occasionally eye shadows. I use this cleanser around my eye area and it doesn't sting my eyes at all. And, it does a very good job in removing the eye shadows but so-so in removing the eyeliner. Overall, this face wash cleans very well and gives me a healthy glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by imtindome

Don't get this cleanser if you have high expectations. It's a nice cleanser, light and easy, not too heavy and that's just about it. It doesn't dry or irritate my skin, but I wouldn't use it to get rid of my break outs. Definitely not my HG. I tend to use it when I just want a quick refresher, like on a very humid day in the summer and your face feels like an oily mess. For a more thorough cleanser I'd look elsewhere.

For what it's worth, the packaging isn't great. And the price, well, I think there are better cleansers out there for less money.

It doesn't mean I wouldn't repurchase it, it just wouldn't be my main cleanser and more something on the side. Therefor one bottle does last a while in my bathroom.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by chocogurl

I'm beginning to have suspicions about this product. For the first few days or so, I really loved this... but my skin is just getting terribly irritated and breaking out in spots that I usually don't get anything in. I'm going to stop using this and see how it goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by sugarxcookieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does what it is; a cleanser, plain and simple. Nothing special except that it`s very lightweight.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

underwhelmed, much?

it takes four pumps of this stuff on my face brush to get my makeup (usually either revlon colorstay active, regular colorstay, mac studio fix or estee lauder double wear) off. even then, swiping my face with witch hazel dabbed cotton ball shows me not all my makeup has been removed.

this also did nothing for the quality of my skin with daily use for several weeks. it didn't do anything for my sweetie's skin either.

additionally, the pump gets stuck almost every time. we have to pull it out in order to press it back down again. that's completely irritating when we're in a rush in the morning to get ready.

for the price--and i bought it on sale at about 20-25% off--i find neutrogena's oil free acne wash a better deal and more effective cleanser. in fact, the sweets and i can take nearly a year to use up a whole bottle of neutrogena OFAW whereas we're only on month four of using this aveeno product and we've got maybe 2/5 of the bottle left.

won't ever buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by beachbabe18509

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For about the first month I used this my skin looked and felt much better, but then I started getting big red dry flaky patches on my face, and as soon as I quit using it they went away. It's a shame because I did really like the product up until then.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Ruth120

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've probably bought a dozen bottles of this over the last few years. One bottle lasts about 5 months. I use it in the morning when there is no need to remove makeup. The pump bottle is handy in the shower, the formula is not drying, and it rinses off well. Never irritating or itchy.

I do not have an acne problem, so I can't speak to that.