April 19, 2014 | 1132 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by veroespinosa88

I love this foundation!! It doesnt break me out and It feels super light on my skin. Also it is the only foudnation I can wear without powder! I wear it for around 6 hours without looking too oily. It had a natural look not too mate and not glowy it actually looks like skin! And the color beige matches me perfectly! I also like the smell a lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Bubbles1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mainly dry skin, with an oily nose-area.
If I don't exfoliate regularly, my skin tends to look quite dull and "blah".
This foundation instantly brightens and makes the skin look quite dewy. One of the very few foundations that don't accentuate dry areas. The coverage is medium - I use a pump and a half for the whole face. That's enough to cover up the redness I have and an occasional blemish and it still looks natural. I would definately recomend this foundation for everyone who has dry/dehydrated skin.

Application: My favorite way to apply this is with my fingers. Brushes and sponges tend to exfoliate my skin and make the foundation mix with dead skincells and accentuate dry patches. I find applying foundation with my (clean) fingers the best method in general for dry skin.

It's not suitable for oily skin at all. My oily nose-area definately needs a mattifying setting powder with this foundation.

One of my favorite foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in the lightest shade after watching a video where Lisa Eldridge creates a beautiful look using it. I like the packaging, the scent, the texture and the initial look of it on, but it transfers easily, it can go a bit sheer over time, which is a nuisance when your sporting a face full of blemishes!! and while I do like a dewy complexion, I found this can be a bit greasy at times.. In saying that, I gave it to my ultra-pale sister and it's stunning on her!! So while it's not for acne sufferers who want to hide under layers of coverage, it's perfect for people with clear skin who fancy a bit of a fruity glow!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by BullyDog

So I saw amazing reviews on this product and decided to get it- in the lightest shade available 51 Light vanilla. I was a bit disappointed in the color range as the lightest available is not nearly light enough for my fair skin ( I only use it on nights out because of this) I also expected this to have decent coverage but after reading the back it states it is only very light to light coverage (in a chart). However, like most people I love the smell. I think it is relatively easy to blend in comparison to other foundations, but it isn't my favorite.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Endocalm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE SMELL-YUM
LOVE packaging simple
LOVE the feel when putting on

HATE depending on the time & temperture, it can wipe of easily, melt
HATE that it only lasts approx.3-4 hours
HATE THE FINAL SETTING, rubs off easily after sets

I bought this last year and loved it, even bought two diff colours for the seasons change. But I didn't realize my skin was getting little white milia typs bumps here and there because of it. Finally figured out that the bumpy almost "yeasty" look to my skin was this-BOO:(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lanid06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AMAZING

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by missdiordior

This is such an amazing product. I read good reviews on MUA and decided to give it a try, and it turned out to be great! Thank you MUA ladies!
It gives a very natural finish and does a bit moisturizing -which i totally adore. The coverage is medium to full and very buidable but you might still need a concealer to achieve flawless skin.
The only thing i want to complain about is the color selection. I have very fair skin so i need the color to be light enough - I love how Revlon Colorstay 001 ivory looks on me, but it's somehow cakey. The lightest shade of Bourjois is 51 vanille clair which i found a bit yellow for my own skin tone, but still wearable.

I am falling in love with this product, and would 100% recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foundation, but I can't use this due to the alcohol content in this. It doesn't work with my dry skin. I will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by decayestella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

About me,
Skin Type: Combintion, acne-prone.
Shade: #53, NC30/35.
Weather: Sunny, very humid.

Product,
Coverage: Light, not very buildable, very breathable.
Longevity: Up to 9 hours max (at least thats the max that i've tried)
Finish: Semi-matte to natural.
Packaging: Pump is always amazing, no doubt.

Final verdict,
My concern whenever wearing foundation is whether i am able to let my skin breathe, especially at humid places when make up has a tendency to melt off and having an oily tzone is no joy. The fact that my tzone gets oily upon 3 hours of application, for some reason, it doesnt bothers me as much as i would have. It somehow made that "greasy look" less undesirable instead it gave me that some sort of dewy look. However i need to blot excess oil from my tzone to mantain that look. But importantly, i still feel comfortable and it doesnt feel heavier towards the end. I have normal to dry cheeks and after getting home from a long day out, it's still the same as i applied it, semi-matte. And i must highlight, the shade #53 is the best match for medium neutral skin tones.

Gave a 4 out of 5 because it's not buildable. If i need more coverage, i need a different foundation. Therefore, not a holy grail, but totally an essential.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by lalawashere

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is an excellent light-coverage foundation that is also a bit moisturising. It has excellent colour (52) without pulling too pink or pale. It suited my fair-medium skin nicely. It has a peachy fruity smell that is quite pleasant that fades in 10minutes. It lasts 5-6 hours without fading a little. I recommend this to those that have almost perfect skin but want to look a little bit more polished. I don't recommend this for troublesome blemished or acne-prone skin as it does not have enough coverage and can create oiliness or more breakouts. The only downside is that I would like at least medium coverage for this but hey thats what the original healthy mix is for, isn't it? Go get this if you want a natural everyday light n' fresh foundation!