December 18, 2014 | 1614 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by sophiebo88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's ok, it didn't give me acne which is a plus but I feel like it just sits on top of the skin, it's really greasy, oxidises quickly, I always need powder with this but it turns the foundation cakey

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Thanks to the reviewer who pointed out how good this is for oily skin ! I'm not keen on heavy foundation, but sometimes want little bit more coverage than BB cream or mineral powder and this is lovely ! I like the fresh smell (but then I like Garnier BB and Elnet hairspray) and it fades quickly anyway. Even my OH who notices nothing said my skin looked "really nice" with this - praise indeed. I had looked at several much more expensive options for a summer foundation (Chanel, Benefit etc) but am thrilled to have found this which looks better than anything else I tried.
It gives light/medium coverage, a slight glow (not at all greasy looking though), not sure about longevity as I haven't tried all day yet. I bought shade 52 and normally wear the second lightest neutral/warm shade in most foundations

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cozycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foundation with light coverage for daily use. It has a very natural finish for that 'no make-up' look and texture is nice, it hydrates the dry parts of my face. Unfortunately, my T-Zone gets oily with this, especially now that it's really warm outside...so I still need to use pressed powder to set this foundation in, and I have to powder my face every few hours. Compared to Bourjois's Flower Perfection Youth Extension liquid foundation, this one offers less coverage and is more 'dewy'. FPYE is drying on my face on its own, but nothing that some moisturizer can't take care of, I prefer the medium coverage, it gives a matt, yet still natural, finish, it also doesn't get my T-Zone oily even if I forget to set my face with powder after applying it, which is fantastic. I will use this up, but I won't repurchase. If I want a natural finish with no mattifying properties, I will just stick to regular tinted moisturizer. I will return to FPYE next time, it was a mistake to switch to this. Maybe Healthy Mix would have worked better for me in the winter months when my skin gets dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by GingerTaylah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation leaves an, indeed, healthy finish on my skin, it just kind of glows, but at the same time it's still matte. I would say it has a "real skin" finish. My skin can react badly to fruit-based products, but so far I haven't had any allergic reactions to it. I am shade #52 which only one store carries here (most of them carry from #53 ahead). Some shops carry #51 in the UK, but apparently in other places in Europe that one is even harder to get than #52.

Healthy Mix Serum has a lighter coverage than classic Healthy Mix, but now that my skin is looking really good and it's summer I think that works well for me, plus it feels really good on the skin and some people have commented on the fact that it looks like I am not wearing any makeup at all, so I definitely cannot complain. It is also the perfect mix of golden and rosy, so it doesn't look yellow on neutral-toned face. I apply it with my fingers, it sets really nicely and doesn't oxidise through the day. I use the Healthy Mix concealer with it and it covers what the foundation can't, definitely making the two of them a great tandem. It doesn't stick to dry patches either, which is a plus.

I would say this is an all-around great foundation if you don't need too much coverage and want your skin to look natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm on Accutane right now, a pretty intense pill to cure acne, so my skin has its ups and downs (and I'm talking pretty extreme ups and downs too). But I would take looking like a pepperoni pizza over looking really cake-y, where it's obvious I'm wearing foundation.

Well, this foundation was the answer to all my prayers! It's light, but in a way that really covers my redness well. I still might use some extra concealer on bad days for extra coverage, but usually this foundation is all I need. But the best part about it is that it goes on my skin so smoothly and blends well over the dry patches of skin. Maybe that has to do with the gel forumla.

My mother and best friend (who are very prone to critiquing my appearance) even asked me if I was even wearing foundation in the first place. Which is a total compliment! It looks just like a "second skin." I think that's the term all the beauty gurus use.

It's has a quite dewy finish, so I do find that I have to powder my face after using it. I have the lightest shade (Vanille Clair) and I find it runs a bit yellow, so I do have to blend it down my neck a bit. They don't have any fair neutral toned options I'm afraid.

I find it lasts alright on me, though without any powder over it, the lasting power could differ. It also has a scent to it, which I find alright and not too overpowering to the senses.

Overall, Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation is the only foundation I've ever really liked, and it is relatively cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by RDCosta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I would like to say that shade 51 is the perfect match for my light skin with neutral to yellow undertones (probably the shade closest to my skin colour that I've found so far). This 'serum' seems to have a light coverage, which is great if you have pretty good skin however if you have a lot to cover, I wouldn't recommend this foundation. Personally, I find my self reaching for this when my skin is being 'good' and I want something that feels light on the skin. Most of the time I only have a bit of redness to cover, and Bourjois' Healthy Mix Serum seems to hide most of it, although I do find myself having to apply concealer to my dark undereye circles. I really like the consistency of this foundation - it applies amazingly. I also think that this foundation smells gorgeous? I s'pose that's because of the claims of 'fruit therapy' which is fun although the smell fades quickly so it should be ok if you have a sensitive nose. On me, this foundation has a slightly dewy finish, although it claims to be 'semi-matte' on the bottle. The only problem is, I find that this foundation can become a bit cakey if you apply too much, although this might just be my skin, which can be quite dry at time. The lasting power isn't amazing either, although, for the price of this foundation, I wouldn't exactly say it's bad.

Overall, if you're looking for a decent drugstore foundation, then I'd say the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is a good choice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Reemyn

I bought this in the lightest shade #51. I have neutral undertones, and yes, I do have a hard time finding the right foundation. Some looks pale&pink, some looks yellow&odd. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum falls into the yellow&odd category.
It looks dark on me, and I'm not even 'the fairest of them all'.
I don't get the glowy-healthy thing either. One thing I know for sure: this makes my skin itch and my forehead.gets congested.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by robertmugabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was ok. Just a bit standard really. It doesn't really last long on the face, not even with a primer. After a few hours it goes a bit dry and crusty looking, then after some more hours it basically looks like there's nothing on the face. I've used this for a few months so I know what I'm talking about. Definitely will not be repurchasing ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by sidouxamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I came across this while at the drugstore to get some other stuff, and recall many occasions where Youtubers have raved about this. I was probably initially just shocked that it's such a slim bottle considering that it was 168 HKD (21.64 USD), but it says 30ml, which is pretty average, I suppose.

I'm the kind of person who when they find something they love, they stick to it for ages and ages (not to mention I'm very picky about what I like). However, as much as I love the Revlon Colorstay foundation, it was getting to be far too heavy for the summer, and would melt off after a few hours in the oilier areas. I'll save that for the cooler months.

This serum is just gorgeous - I'm not the type to like light/medium coverage, but this gets rid of a lot more redness than I expected, and has a beautiful and healthy glow to it. It blends beautifully with my flat top buffing brush, and smells really good, too. I've yet to test out its longevity, but I really do hope it lasts at least 10 hours if not 16. A definite new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

I apply it with my fingers. The texture is very thin, fresh and smooth, it feels like a caring touch to my face. The finish is natural, satiny, the real "your skin but better" finish. Coverage is light to medium. It evens out my skin tone and covers redness, but blemishes need extra concealing.
Shade 53 is a tad too light for me (NC30-35), but they don't do it in 54 (my shade) and I can get away with it and a little bronzer (I bet I could get away with the 55 also, for the coverage is so light).
Does it oxidize? Nu-huh
My skin type is combo, leaning to dry these days. This foundation feels smoothing and hydrating to my recently dried skin, but it's so light that I think combo-oily skins could also wear it.
It smells delicious, heavenly, but if you don't like smells in makeup... it fades a few minutes after application, anyway.
They claim it lasts16 hours, but it lasts around 5-6 for me, than I start seeing my freckles peeking through.
Does it break you up? not at all
Will you repurchase it? I will probably try the new Bourjois Formula next time, which is said to have a bit more coverage.

Overall: I recommend this one as strongly as I recommend the original Healthy Mix foundation (now discontinued?). Just be aware that it's light coverage and satiny, so if you're after a full coverage, matte foundation, this is not for you.