October 1, 2014 | 1925 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by pioson1v

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gotten shade 53, before applying this on, I would put on moisturiser since I have fairly dry skin. Upon application, I would use my hands, because when I use a brush, it makes it look streaky.

When building up from a light coverage, it DOES build up. From afar, it looks fine and makes your skin look absolutely GREAT, BUT if you stand close to the mirror (or someone), it looks unnatural and fairly cakey. With moisturiser on, it only clings to some dry areas.

Feels as if you're not wearing makeup and feels smooth (makes me always want to touch your face) however it doesn't last "16 hours", I'd say around 4 hours with a translucent powder and primer underneath.

I love the package, having a pump is great. As for the colour, since I get lighter in Winter, I mix it with Bourjois' 10 hour sleep (71) which gives an even better effect. There's a smell but it doesn't irritate or bother me. I'd say that it's expensive for a "drugstore" product. Great product, but I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by AshleyLonely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Serum is the only foundation I've ever found that matches my skin tone. It's also the only foundation I've tried that goes on nicely. I wear the lightest shade - 51 Light Vanilla - which is a very light colour with a yellow undertone. The foundation is cheap, sits beautifully on my combination skin, looks completely natural and lasts all day with Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder on top. The only downside with the foundation is that it has a strong fragrance which could potentially be a skin-irritant. Overall, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Serum is a great foundation that I'd highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this out of sheer curiosity and reading the reviews on here. I've used the healthy mix foundation and think I might prefer that more.

This one is much sheerer and could on the wrong type of skin bring out the shine, so I do need to take care to powder my T zone. Still, it's very natural and translucent and great for creating a natural and effortless look.

The staying power is another thing, though and I've found it to be quite poor, but other than that, it's not a bad product, and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by felicitylw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Worth the price.
- Buildable.
- Gives you a healthy glow: very natural-looking.
- Looks good in photos.
- Can be blended easily with other foundations.
- Packaging looks/feels like glass but is actually plastic: won't break no matter how many times you accidentally drop it!
- Can be applied with a brush, beauty blender or your fingers and will always give a flawless effect.
- Minimal to no transfer when it comes into contact with stuff.
- Lovely and very subtle smell that soon disappears.
- Doesn't break me out.
- Feels moisturising yet light.
- Easy to scrub off in the shower.
- Doesn't oxidise significantly (does a tiny bit, but it also 'settles into' the skin nicely and matches my skin tone more closely upon oxidisation).
- Lasts fairly well.
- A bottle will go quite far.

Cons:
- A little too dewy to handle my T-zone (I have combination skin) in summer or on particularly hot/humid days.
- Makes me look a bit ghostly directly after application, but this is resolved after it oxidises a little.

This is my autumn/winter HG foundation. I've been using this for just over a year and I still love it. A little too light for my summer skintone and a little too dewy to handle humidity/sweat/oil to be my spring/summer HG foundation.

I'm around an NC-35 and I use this foundation in 53-Beige Clair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by lil_pie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is PHENOMENAL. Better than any high end foundation I've tried, e.g. La Prairie, GA, Chanel, Dior.. And at 1/3 of the price!

I'm into products that enhance your appearance and is good for your skin. This covers every pore and crevice whilst looking like glowing skin at the same time, and is nowhere near as mask-like as traditional foundations. It is what it says- a healthy skin serum!

I have absolutely no complaints and pray this will NEVER be discontinued!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by louiseannette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Definitely a foundation best suited to dry skins. I need to wear an oil controlling primer before applying and a mattifying powder after otherwise it tends to slide off my T-zone .However it sit beautifully on the skin and doesn't sink into pores. It also smells amazing and the packaging is sleek, hygienic and practical. I only wish they did a wider range of shades as 51 is slightly too dark for my very fair skin. So I tend to avoid using this unless I know I have alot of time to buff it into the skin to avoid looking orange.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I never really wore full face foundation until recently, now I am obsessed with rotating between Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in Porcelain and this Bourgois foundation in shade 51!! My skin is dry/combination and at 23 I do not experience the breakouts I did when I was a teenager, though I still get blemishes and dry spots.
Bourgois is actually owned by Chanel, and as someone who has tried Chanel foundations, I find Bourgois to be INCREDIBLY similar, but even better. I have NC15 skin (extremely fair with yellowy undertones) and I found shade 51 in this Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation to be seemingly a little bit too dark, but it definitely is perfect!! I apply it with my Real Techniques buffing brush after applying Hourglass Primer Serum and my skin honestly looks amazing.
I get dry patches and this stuff just glides over them and moisturizes, but yet it never gets shiny in the T-zone or nose. It lasts all day on me, and so the verdict is that this stuff is just incredible. I was hesitant to buy this as it is a gel foundation and I associate gel products as being for oily skin types, but as I had heard better reviews about this product vs the Bourgois regular foundation, I decided to go for it and I am definitely glad I did! I'm recommending this to my mother who has an oilier skin type, as I know this will work wonders for her as well. At $27.00 Canadian, this is the same price as Mac foundations, but much cheaper than Chanel, Dior, Estee Lauder etc, but I personally believe it is better than all of them combined. If you're on the fence about it, JUST BUY IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by emilytahni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sister company with Chanel, I was expecting good quality. Although it's not exactly on par with Chanel, the quality of this foundation is amazing (with a fantastic price tag!) -- it blends beautifully, gives a gorgeous finish (perfect balance between dewy and matte), lasts all day, and best of all, looks natural! It looks and feels like a second skin. I'm half asian, half white so my skin tone isn't pink or yellow, it's more neutral. Color 55 worked perfectly for me! Love love love this foundation and can't wait to try the rest of this product line.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by jessicar4bbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Since I'm living on a budget and not able to splurge on fancy, expensive makeup products I was looking for something cheaper and decided to buy this on a whim. My skin is a pale ivory colour with yellow undertones so I went the lightest shade they had. It's nice. I wasn't looking for heavy coverage as my skin is clear enough on it's own - I do however have some spots and acne scarring on my cheeks, and this isn't enough to cover them so I have to use concealer as well but the overall finish is smooth and natural looking. Compared to other drugstore foundations I'd say this is up there with the best. If you use this in conjunction with the Bourjois Flower Perfection primer it stays put for hours. I did a test run yesterday and after 6 hours it still looked the same as when I applied it in the morning. I just used my fingers to apply it but perhaps a brush would give an even better finish so I'll have to try that too. My skin doesn't get profusely oily throughout the day, so if you have oily skin this may not be the product for you. But if you're looking for something smooth, light and natural and you have plain old combination skin give this a try. It retails in the UK at around 10 pounds so it's on the cheaper side but you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by sayakhansa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love. General background of me and my skin condition: 17, Southeast Asian with medium-tan skin, strong yellow undertone, acne prone, fussy skin (sometimes slightly oily but these days it's just Sahara dry).

I'm MAC NC 35-40 and I use this in number 55 which is slightly too pink but given the fact that it's sheer-medium, I can still tolerate the lack of yellow tone in this particular colour.

I love this. I haven't tried a lot of foundations, my previous favourite is MUFE FnB but it's really sheer and requires a brush to put it on, but it gives the same dewy finish. I love this Bourjois HMS because it feels so lovely on the skin and when I put it on with my hands, it's second-skin like. But the finish is what makes me fall for this stuff and I fall hard. It looks soooooooooo smooth! I swear, no dry patches are emphasised and I'm very flake-prone. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't make me look like an oil slick and it holds up really, really well. The fact that it feels almost like nothing on the skin, applies very easily and has a lot of sheen to it are ticking all the boxes that I have. It's very affordable and I actually prefer this to my MUFE and it's half the price of MUFE! Only thing is, my shade isn't available in my country but I've already stocked up so...

For those who like smooth, baby-butt-like skin and dewy finish, I highly recommend.