October 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ladysupermarket

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all: it has 4 brushes: a concealer brush, a foundation brush, a contour brush and a buffing brush. All with a metallic handle, and made of sintetic bristles. Now, the concealer one is too small, I guess if you have really small blemishes, It would be better for lip liner use. The foundation brush isnt that bad, its just too small, that I actually use it for concealing. The contour brush is the perfect size for under the cheekbone -space. Its been working great! I can make my own cheekbones, or at least the ilusion of them, but the buffing brush is a complete wonder! The same foundation Ive been using for the past year, looks completely different after I apply it with this Buffing brush. Makes it look great and worked into the skin, with a satin finish Im not able to get with the Mac 190. I would definitely buy this again, just for the buffing brush, perhaps I wont have to because they just launched a similar brush sold separately.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by NicolaKate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty much bought for the Buffing Brush alone but they're a great set of quality, professional face brushes for a great price. The little case/stand it also comes with is a very nice touch.

I use the Buffing Brush with liquid foundation and it gives me a flawless, streak free finish. The contour brush I use for (obviously) contouring my cheek bones, and the definer brush for concealing blemishes.

I have yet to find a use for the pointed foundation brush as it seems far too small to do a full face with compared to other flat foundation brushes I have used, so for this reason I'm giving this collection an overall rating of 4.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

I really like the brushes. and the quality is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by glittterball

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Who would of thought that brushes i got for only 15 dollars would be so amazing. I seriously have started to use only this set. I love how soft they are and how great they move product around. When i bought the set I really didn't think i was going to like or use the detail brush but surprisingly it comes in handy. I use it to clean up my eyeliner to for small spot concealing. The buffing brush is great, i wish it was sold separately so i could buy more. It is so versatile really a must have brush, the small tapered one is also nice, i use it for highlight or blush, sometimes contouring. The only brush that doesn't get much use it the foundation brush, too small but it nice for under eye concealing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do love this brush set!

I am a total makeup newbie with basically no brushes and I find this set to be full of high quality brushes that I use on a regular basis.

It includes:
1. The Pointed Foundation Brush - I use this brush to apply concealer around my nose, under my eyes, on my chin, basically just to spread it out rather than to blend.
2. The Buffing Brush - I then take this brush and use it to buff and blend the concealer in, it works amazingly and gives a flawless finish. I also use this brush to apply my translucent powder (pressed) and buff that into my skin. It also works great to buff in too heavy blush or bronzer :)
3. The Contour Brush - I don't contour, but I really love using this brush with a touch of cream highlighter down my cheekbones and to apply and blend cream blush. It is the perfect size for a smaller face!
4. The Concealer/Detail Brush - I don't actually use this for concealer as I try to avoid placing concealer on any blemishes as to not clog them, but it makes a fantastic lip brush with brighter or darker colours :)

I love this set and I need to make a trip back down to the States to try a few more of their brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by littlemissdaisies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this brushes! Not only are they super affordable compared to MAC brushes, they apply makeup flawlessly. The buffing brush is by far my most used brush. It applies foundation so smoothly and makes my skin look flawless. The contour blush is works great for blush or contouring. All the brushes are so soft and I have yet to experience any shedding with them. I would definitely recommend that you have these in your makeup stash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Considering I spent more on one brush from Urban Decay (which I am not keen on) this set is an absolute steal.
Primarily, I wanted a buffing brush as I was recommended at MAC for my face and body foundation. After some experimentation, I have found the buffing brush simply amazing for applying loose powder. I tap it on, then buff into the skin for a flawless look.
The foundation brush I use to apply concealer under my eyes, and it has a lovely soft feel and the angle tip is much better than the one I already have. I confess, I have never really applied my foundation with a brush as I tend to use liquid ones which streak.
The concealer brush is nice. I don't use it a lot, mainly under my eyes to clean up any eyeliner that I feel the foundation brush is too big for.
The contour brush is great. I use it for contouring and blusher, it is a great size as it is not too big. I have a heavy hand with both blush and bronzer so this is good! I do like to apply with this brush, then blend it out with a larger kabuki brush or my Stila all-over blend brush, which while smaller, has a looser texture to it.
I would buy this again and would recommend. The brushes are lovely and soft, but dense, they pick up and distribute colour excellently and 21.99 for four brushes and a carrying case? You really can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm very pleased with this set. I use the foundation brush to pack on eye shadow on the lid, and on it's side and point to create a blurred contour crease. My favorite though is the contour brush. I have a small round head with non-existant cheekbones, and the small size and tapered shape allows me to use blush as dark (I'm NW 20 with dark brown hair) as Nars Sin without looking like a clown.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by nicedreams000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love love the buffing brush. I know this set comes with the pointed foundation brush, but it's crap compared to how the buffing brush applies my foundation. I go between using the RT buffing brush and my Sigma flat top kabuki. The Sigma brush has more bristles, but I like how the RT brush is domed. I think that makes it easier to get in the the crevices.

I also like the contour brush, but I use it for highlighting or applying powder rather than contouring. My fav brush for contouring is still my MAC109.

I gave a "4" as an overall rating since the other brushes in this set were average in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

The core collection is probably the best Real Techniques set, it includes four brushes that can be used for many different purposes and a case.
I simply adore the ''contour brush'', it is small, has a round and slightly pointed head which makes it perfect for contouring. I don't think i have used any other brush for contouring cheekbones since I got this. Although the two are totally different in shape it reminds me (in size and function) of e.l.f.'s blush brush.
The detailer brush is perfect for concealing, it is similar to e.l.f.'s one dollar concealer brush but this one doesn't fall apart as easily. It could also be used as a lip brush which I haven't tried yet.
I quite like the buffing brush as well but I don't really find a use for it, I prefer other brushes for foundation (although I mostly apply it with fingers) and I don't use powder. I still reach for it when the brushes I use for these purposes are dirty and so far I have not had any problems with it.
I don't use the pointed foundation brush because I don't like (flat) foundation brushes in general but I can tell it's better quality than the e.l.f. and Ecotools ones.
The set comes with a case that can be also used as a stand so I guess that makes it great for traveling but at home I don't really use it.

Needless to say all brushes are very well made, none of them has shed a single hair in my three months of daily use. They are synthetic so you can use them with cream products as well (I apply Chanel Bronze Universal with the contour brush etc. ). They are really really really soft and nicely shaped plus they are easy to wash. I have experienced some problems with getting MAC Studio finish concealer off the concealer brush but that's probably because I have a crappy brush cleaner.
Anyway, you might not be 100% satisfied with this set if you are used to MAC brushes (or even more expensive ones) but most of my brush collection consists of e.l.f. and Ecotools so this is fantastic quality for the money.