August 30, 2014 | 1820 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by ilovedeepthroat

this came off in the pool.... & its clumpy, impossible to remove

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I was excited to try this, because in general, I really like Maybelline mascaras.

But, my first few uses I was not so much impressed. It really does seperate and define lashes, but volumize? eh, not so much. I prefer thicker formulas that really bulk up the lashes. To call this volumizing is kinda misleading in my opinion.

That being said, one this I have learned about mascaras over the years is you really have to give them a fair shot because they change after they've been used a few times. So I kept using it, and after about 2 weeks I started to like it more. It still didn't thicken lashes as much as I like, but I really like the nice, clean look it gives. It really does an amazing job separating each lash.

The brush: I really like it. It has those popular rubber bristles, but it's not as humongous as say, CG Lash Blast. The thing I like the most about it is that it tapers down to really small at the end, unlike Lash Blast that just stops and has a flat edge. It means I can get into all the small areas like the inner corners and the lower lashes. I usually have issues with those big brushes on my small eyes and I often make a mess when applying. This one I have no problems with. I typically like to spend a long time on my mascara, layering it up and being very slow & careful about my application, but if I am in a hurry I can feel confident that I can do a quick swipe this this and will have no messes or disasters on my my hands. It that sense it a really reliable mascara.

Waterproof: I used to really avoid waterproof mascaras because they make my already whimpy lashes fall out and are hard to remove. This stuff really does lash and lash. It does not smudge at all. In fact, the other night I feel asleep before removing my makeup and was shocked that the mascara really didn't smudge mush at all.. impressive...

How I like to use it: As I said before, I like really thick formulas because I like that really big lash look, so I use 1 by 1 over another mascara that thickens better (like prestige my biggest lashes) and then put a coat of this over it. The brush seperates, and it gives a waterproof coating over it. The thing I love the most about this, however, is how it works on my bottom lashes! I used to swear off of botttom lash mascara, too, because I would have so many issues with it smearing, or being hard to apply. I was about to buy the Clinique bottom lash mascara, but I am more then satisfied with this and no longer feel the need. The little bristles on the ends of the wand catch the lower lashes without getting messy and it does not smear at all - even in 100+ hot windy weather we've been having this summer. And, the best part, it removes easily with make up remover at night and I have not lost any lashes in the 2 months or so I have been using this! I know people say they have trouble removing this. Maybe that's because I use an oil based make up remover.

Overall, this is a great mascara that is clump free, easy to apply, long wearing and smudge free and I really like it.. another favorite mascara from Maybelline! Love it.

Bewear!! Do not get the 'black lace' water proof one. I bought it as a replacement and it never dried and would smear and smudge like crazy!! But because its waterproof it was hard to clean up or even wash off. Its terrible

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by rainbowsugar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first mascara by Maybelline to ever disappoint me. The packaging is good, the wand is pulled out with just enough product so it doesn't clump on your lashes. If you want volume, however, this will test your patience. The pigment is great, just as with every other Maybelline mascara. It doesn't smudge when your face gets wet [I've been rained on with this mascara before.] The real downfall here is the ZERO CURL HOLD. And I mean it. I have tried the Maybelline Colossal and Chanel Inimitable and they both hold curls just as well. This One by One mascara is the only Maybelline mascara that I will never again repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by loveandkiwi

I've been using this mascara for 3 months now and it is time to dump it. I've tried to like this mascara but there's just something about it that makes me not care for it so much. First of all, the design of this mascara is smart, but a little overboard. This product claims to define and separate the lashes while giving volume. It definitely defines and lengthens but no so much volumize. I find the stopper is too powerful, when you get the wand out of the tube, the bristles don't have a lot of product on it. This helps to define the lashes and prevent any sort of clumping (which could be good for certain ppl who already have full lashes). But for someone who wants volume, I don't think this mascara will cut it. I find that I have to stick the wand back into the tube several times to get enough product to coat my lashes--which can cause bacteria to enter the tube and shorten the shelf life of the product. Therefore, I don't think this mascara is volumizing at all but it does do a decent job in defining and lengthening. But there are several mascaras out there that do the same job if not better!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by nicolemcnally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

im kind of 50/50 on this mascara, i needed a new one and i heard this was good, but im not sure it suits my lashes. nevertheless i still really like it as it defines lashes a lot and adds volume. love the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Panicgirl16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this masacara, it really seperates lashes and is virtually mistake proof, doesn't clump at all. If you want to add thickness and volume it does take a few coats, but like I said it really is mistake proof and is not messy or clumpy at all so it's a no brainer trade-off for me. I also like that it doesnt have a smell and has yet to irritate my eyes. Stands up to swimming and sweaty workouts very well. I had used Loreal mascaras for years and then went to MAC, gave this a try after seeing all the good reviews, i'm glad i tried it. Gonna try out some of Maybellines other mascaras, starting with The Falsies.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by katebeth

This mascara irritated my eyes so bad that I had to remove it mid-day, and my eyes still stung after I took it off. It didn't really didn't do anything special for my lashes either, Vaseline would've done more. A huge disappointment. I will gladly go back to Maybelline's The Falsies.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by MsSuperShay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought I would give this product a try since so many people on you tube were saying the liked it and I ran out of my other mascara.
I wasn't impressed at thickening my lashes but the separating factor was very good.
Unfortunately separating my lashes isn't a big deal for me but thickening is. I might have bought it again because it doesn't smudge or flake, the deal breaker was a month after using it the stopper kept trying to come out and a week later finally came all the way out.
I won't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by voodoomilk

This doesn't offer volume, and is unimpressive as a mascara in all other aspects too. Although the worst thing is that it's SOOOO difficult to get off! I try removing what I can before hitting the shower and emerge from my bath with black rings ard my eyes that cannot be removed with makeup remover as well. I guess it really IS waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by meghanguess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I have really been lloking for a new mascara. Ive been using Covergirl LashBlast Fusion, and Maybelline Colossal, but I wasn't liking them anymore. The Lash Blast doesn't give much curl for me, and the Colossal holds curl but has too much clump, which i hate. I tried the one by one mascara because its marketed to have no clumps. Thet mascara is perfect if youre like me and don't really like the look of clumpy lashes. It doesn't hold curl extremely well, but it will if i remember to curl them, which i usually don't. and the price is right. ok thats all i have to say