April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals Fresh Cleanser + Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ouija

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Normally I rotate between DHC Cleansing Oil and those Olay cleansing cloths, but I saw this at CVS and it was so cheap I thought I'd give it a shot. It pretty much has everything I look for in a liquid cleanser: pump bottle, nice lathering, rinses clean and quick. It removes my long-wearing foundation and every last trace of mascara. And my face doesn't feel tight or dry afterwards. I guess I like it because it's just a simple, no-frills cleanser...it doesn't promise to erase wrinkles or cure acne...it just cleanses. I took one star away because I got a bit in my eye once and....OWIE! Other than that, it's a total YAY.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by MrsJustie

This removes makeup well. I use Revlon Colorstay and that's hard to remove! I took off one lippie because my skin is a bit dry after using this, but it's worth that since I can just put on moisturizer.
The packaging is good once I had my husband get the nozzle to actually work. It's too easily 'locked' into place and can be annoying.
Overall I really love how easily this removes makeup. I haven't tried the Neutrogena foaming cleanser, but I will try that next and then compare the two.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Andrea2626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product is causing me to break out. I've been leaning toward more natural products lately and bought this on a whim. It is definitely not all natural (and it doesn't claim to be...says it is 85% I believe). While the smell is nice it is STRONG (the biggest indicator of how NOT natural it is).

The worst part is I've broken out and I NEVER break out. I am going back to the regular Neutrogena cleanser/makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by guatmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking for a good DS brand makeup remover/cleanser & I've finally found it! This removes all my makeup, even my Revlon CS. Smells great, very gentle on skin - doesn't strip it or dry it out. You only need a tiny amount. Highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Lapiz

This is a most wonderful product to gently remove all makeup. The ingredient list is beautiful and has no traces of anything harmful. The best part is that it was developed without being tested on animals! Over the course of a few months I have weaned my skin off all harsh chemical cleansers and makeup and use organic and natural beauty items. My skin is glowing and I can tell that there is a definite improvement and this cleanser is another product to thank for that! I highly recommend it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by danabeltz

Love this cleanser. Very gentle on my skin, fresh scent. A little goes a long way with this product.
Face felt extremely clean after use, but not tight. Even removes mascara. I have stopped using eye make remover and toner due to this cleanser. Will purchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ktassop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product does a good job cleaning your skin without stripping it. It does an excellent job removing makeup without irritating your eyes or skin. It removed some waterproof makeup very easily and did not leave a trace or makeup or residue.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by cgioia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product because my face has been breaking out for the past year even though I was using a prescription gel. I never had any issues with my skin before this but I started working out and the sweat has really affected my skin. I finally figured out that the cleanser I was using was probably too harsh combined with my prescription and I thought an all natural product may help and it really has. It has a nice scent and lathers nicely. Its not over drying but effectively removes makeup, dirt, and oil. I would definitely recommend this product if you have sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this because it lathers creamily, washes away all makeup, and leaves my skin smooth. However, I started getting small, red pimples in unusual places and noticed the skin in the creases of my eyes turn dry and red. Also, I felt a slight itching and didn't care for the fragrance. Stopped using after 4 tries. UPDATE Used it as a body wash and got pimples on my back. Used it as a handwash and got itchy, dry hands. This is going in the trash.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a cleanser and remover in one. Its light, foams well and looks exactly like the regular Fresh Foaming Cleanser. It removed my long lasting foundation, mascara, gel liner and lipstick. The cleanser rinsed off the makeup quickly and thoroughly. You don't need to rub it in as much compared to my holygrail Fresh Foaming Cleanser to get rid of all the makeup but it did sting my eyes and left my skin really dry and tight after washing. So you need to use a good moisturizer after using this.
This is not for sensitive skin. Yes there are some natural ingredients added to qualify the product to be advertised with the name of Naturals but I will stick to my Fresh Foaming Cleanser which is much gentler and as effective.

Neutrogena's product description:
Completely Removes Makeup & Gently Cleanses for Refreshingly Clean Skin

Peruvian Tara Seed bionutrient rich cleanser softens & refreshes
No harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes, phthalates
NeutrogenaŽ Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover completely cleans skin and removes makeup in one step without stripping skin's natural moisture. This Peruvian Tara Seed bionutrient rich cleanser leaves skin soft and rinses clean. Developed for gentle eye area.

We've carefully formulated this product to be 86% naturally derived.
This product was not tested on animals
Made in Canada

Ingredients:
Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine (coconut/palm kernel derived), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate (coconut/palm kernel derived), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (coconut derived), Vegetable Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum (Peruvian Tara Seed), Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum (Peruvian Tara Seed), Coco Glucoside (vegetable), Glyceryl Oleate (vegetable), Glycol Distearate (vegetable derived), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Bean derived), Caprylyl Glycol (*), Acrylates Copolymer (*), Potassium Sorbate (*), Benzyl Alcohol (*), Fragrance (*)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No