September 18, 2014 | 1794 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Joanna09

I love this! I have been mixing it with my Smashbox TM and it looks great. It covers everything. On its own it is a bit too dry but with the TM it blends perfectly! It does have Bismuth oxycholoride in it which sometimes bugs me so I use primer and a bit of Korres mmu underneath. My skin feels great! And it lasts! I am so happy I finally found this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I've never tried any EL products b/c I always assumed they were geared toward pink-toned skin (and I have golden-ish skin w/ yellow undertones - NW20/25), but I happened upon the good reviews here so I thought I'd give it a whirl (for use as a concealer). I got samples of 01 (cream ivory light), 03 (creamy vanilla light), and 05 (creamy tan medium). 01 was waaay too pale (almost whitish) and looked grey on my skin. 05 was too dark and orangey. 03, on the other hand, is perfect (and I've tested it indoors and out). I put a little bit on the back of my hand, dip my concealer brush in it, then apply to my face. It seamlessly covers any acne/scars and lasts ALL DAY... seriously, all day. I love that it comes in a hygienic tube, contains SPF 15 (although I don't know how the SPF will photograph), and doesn't break me out. All in all, I'm really glad (and grateful) that I happened upon a color-matching, long-lasting, SPF-containing, hygienically-packaged concealer. Yay!! =D

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

Second Update: Giving this a 5 now. It works so well with my Smashbox TM. Everything is concealed, but it doesn't look fake.
Update: I have worn this a few times since writing this and no break outs! I just have to figure out the best way to use it. Will try with TM I think as by itself it is kind of tricky to blend. The pimple was just one of those weird things that disappeared overnight with my EL Recovery Complex. So happy I can play with this make up still!!!!!
So so sad to write this. I put this on this morning and even my 11 year old son said my skin looked great. Then around 5 hours later I had a pre-cystic acne pimple. Luckily I could rush home and wash it off, but I am so sad. I may try again using a bit less and more moisturizer to protect my skin. I could also just use it as a concealer, but it is back to Korres Mineral Make up for me which is good (but not this good :() So if you are acne prone, make sure you get a sample first. I bought mine in the States and we don't have it in Canada, so I can't return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by agy89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say that this is the best foundation I have ever had . Just tiny bit of it could cover your whole acnes and redness. It s even my skin tone as well. I normally apply the Idealist minimizing Pores, then Daywear Plus moituriser, then Primer , bit of this foundation then pinky blush and finish with some mascara on! Look very fresh and nature!

If you found it bit heavy on yours, just mix it with a bit amount of moisturiser, make it like a tinted moisture one, it would help. But remember not too much of the moisturiser , u dont want to have the oily and shiny face later !!!

I would reckon this product to who wants a quick and easy make up in the morning, as u dont need to use concealer and powder with this foundation on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by selena08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Allow me to say this is a FULL COVERAGE foundation. I have never had anything like it before. I have normal to oily skin in the summer and normal to dry in the winter and this had work great for any season. I like the squeeze tube because it is more sanitary and easier to work with. It makes it a plus+ in my book. This covers any flaws I have such as my freckles[don't get me wrong I love them but in the summer they do tend to get darker], and the discoloration that I have. I also like how it doubles up as a concealer and a foundation for me. I would recommend this product to anyone with acne, scares or simply just want a full coverage look like I do.

-l0ve

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by melpotensky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I break out and peel with so many product. My Irish/sensitive skin hates most foundations but loves this. I like that it doesn't make my gigantic pores look huge like most foundations. Covers everything. You have to have a good moisturizer with this. Slather it on and put the foundation on soon after. A little goes a long way. I am not looking for another foundation ..this is perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cherrybeary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an intersting foundation, but not an everyday product for me. It has a rich, medium to full coverage and a tiny bit covers my whole face easily for a true china doll effect. Boy, does it look g-o-o-d when it goes on.

The color "very light" is the absolute perfect match for my skin and it has a really pretty matte finish that is not chalky. It covers red spots easily. This would be my favorite special occasion foundation on planet Earth, if it would actually stay on my oily face for a full day.

Eventually, my oil breaks it down and it becomes a splotchy icky mess. (Yes, even with primer and blotting/touchups) I feel like Cinderella when I wear this, hoping to rush home before my time runs out. It is absolutely horrid! Actually, maybe I'm Jeckell & Hyde. I go from flawless to frightening in a snap.

Unfortunately, I broke out from this when I tried to wear it a few days in a row, so this is special occasion only for maybe 6 hours or less (if I'm lucky). Those are an amazingly awesome 6 hours, so there is definitely a place for it in my makeup bag. I know it sounds crazy, but even with the splotches and the breakouts, while it looks good, it looks unbelieveably good.

This is waterproof, so a good makeup remover is a must.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by bigdmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! Great coverage and doesn't feel heavy. I have a lot of sun discoloration and this covered great. A little goes a long way. Colors run a bit lighter than they look online. I went with a shade darker once I sampled at store. Estee Lauder will give you a 10 day trial sample free. If you need full coverage this is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Liddy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having been an Estee Lauder fan forever, I do believe they make some of the best cosmetics on the planet. I used to use the old Maxium Cover for horrible acne and redness and it worked better than ANYTHING and believe me, I tried everything there is. This is a newer version of the old maximum cover. It is excellent for covering redness. Would I use this as a foundation? No way. It's a spot concealer. Estee Lauder should really market this product as spot face and or body concealer. It is FAR too drying for the undereye area. I don't care if you're ten years old do NOT wear it under your eye. It would be like wearing a clay masque under your eye. Not pretty. This sets up REALLY fast so you have to work very, very quickly to cover the zit or redness and I definitely recommend a good primer as it will sink into pores or imperfections and make them stand out! Saying that, this product is water proof and dammed near cleanser proof! I have to use a makeup remover towlette to remove it. And it will last until you take it off which is always a good thing!
UPDATE: Ok...with a good moisturizer and primer it can be worn as a foundation but only in SMALL amounts. It's alot better than the original Double Wear foundation in terms of feeling on the skin...it feels you're not wearing anything so that is a definite plue in my book. I still would NOT wear this under eye tho. So I'm updating my rating to 5 because in terms of coverage and feel this is the best foundation out there. Estee Lauder consistantly makes great cosmetics.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

I have used the original version of this and it was just wrong! It was oily thick and the 4 color choices were pink, pinker, orange and OMG is that really a color??? Whatever they did to tweak this is for the better IMO. I am NC20 and I have this in creamy ivory. I am an avid user of the liquid DW in linen and have been for 14 years, so when this came out I got this instead. This is a God send for my oily acne prone slightly aging scarred up 32 yr old face. In comparison between this and the liquid, the liquid has more yellow based colors but this is more neutral however they both blend in just fine on my skin tone. This covers much better than the liquid even though it is so light but because my face is so bad off half the time, I still use the DW concealer and powder with it and only then do I look flawless. If you have issues with this caking up in pores, fine lines, under eyes etc. then wet your fingers and then pat them on a towel so they are just damp and spread very small amts over your face little bits at a time. That's what I tried and it stopped the caking and creasing immediatly. This lasts on me from around 9am to 3pm before I need to blot and powder. After that it looks fresh til bedtime. BEWARE though. No matter what the rep tells you, this is NOT NOT NOT photo friendly. Not at all even a little bit. It has a very high titanium dioxide content and I knew better than to trust what she said but because I wanted to wear this so badly in a wedding I went against my gut and wore it anyway. Did I look amazing at the wedding? yes. Did the pictures turn out just as amazing? UMMMM noooo. The bride asked me if I was sick during the wedding when she got the pics back! So yeah. Great fndt but with all great things comes a few precautions. Dont stand in front of a camera ever and use a MU remover...seriously. I tried to get it off my hand with warm water and soap...3 times. Wouldnt budge. Use a MU remover or else you will be writing an unfair review that is broke you out and you hate it.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No