July 25, 2014 | 1238 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Freyamarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Jojoba oil has done for me what no cream has ever been able to: It's made the dry/oily, sensitive, acne-prone mess that is my skin so, so much better.

This is now the only skincare I use. I use a few drops on wet skin morning and night, and already within the first few weeks I saw a huge improvement: It improved my skin to the point where I don't even have to use powder anymore, which is nothing short of a miracle.

This is not the same as putting eg. olive oil on your face - jojoba oil sinks in very quickly, leaving no residue. Jojoba oil is actually a wax, and it's very similar to skin's own sebum so it makes sense that it balances both oily and dry skin without clogging pores. Please note though, you're supposed to use this on WET skin. If used on dry skin, it can actually dry out the skin even more.

I've never tried this particular brand, but like someone else said, the brand probably doesn't matter as long as it's organic 100% jojoba oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by StacyElizabeth

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Jojoba oil. I love you. :D
You do so much for me!
Remove any stubborn makeup,
Cleanse my pores,
Relieve an itchy dry winter scalp,
Moisturize and heal dry skin (knees, elbows, heels, etc.),
and so much more.
I just wanted to let everyone know all the things that you do, and hopefully you can help them out as well!
Ladies, it's cheap, it is a MULTI-TASKER. It does 293480932 different things in one bottle. Um, that works for me. :3
I'm: An Oilllyyyy skinned girl, with extremely oily hair. My skin is relatively okay, except for those horrible hormonal breakouts. I use this to remove my makeup in the shower (get your face wet first) and it works on any kind of mascara I wear. :D I like to put jojoba oil on my neck, knees, feet, etc etc everywhere! The steam of the shower kinda' makes the oil sink in more (or at least that's what I tell myself.. XD) and it gives you a pretty luxurious feel.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by moonwave11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a little iffy about jojoba oil. I read all these great reviews about it as a moisturizer on MUA but when I used it as such, I just didn't like it. Of course, it's just a pool of oil sitting on top of your face. Oil doesn't really soak into anything and I didn't like that feeling of having oil just sit on my face. I don't know why I was expecting it to be different from natural facial oil. I know it's supposed to be good for your skin but I just didn't like using it as a facial moisturizer. On the plus side, it was great for removing makeup and for moisturizing the ends of my hair. I have to reconsider whether I'd repurchase this for those reasons since it is a bit pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Min90

I've been using jojoba oil as a moisturizer each night for maybe about a month or so. At first it made me break out quite badly for a couple weeks but I persisted. I can't say it has cleared up my skin, but my skin is definitely a lot more hydrated. Less oily too. I guess I will keep at it, perhaps it will take another month to clear up.
Also, this is great for hair. I rub a little into the ends each night and the next day my hair is so shiny and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. This is my favorite facial and skincare product! It gives me the perfect amount of moisture (1 drop in the AM and 2 drops in the PM for the face), I wear this either under (in the AM SPF) or mixed in with (in the PM night cream). It never breaks me out, it leaves me with super soft, blemish-free skin. I also mix it with various body lotions. It's like my secret skincare weapon.

I took it out of the bottle it came in and put it in a dropper bottle, which I highly suggest if you just need a little at a time. It lasts me a long time since I only use a little at a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Carmyn515

I use jojoba oil as a daily moistirizer on my face. I use about five drops and mix it with water, then apply it on my face and throat. I've noticed my pores look smaller and I can skip my loose powder. Yay! I love it. All I have to do is blot my skin with tissue and it looks like I'm wearing makeup because my skin looks better!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have sensitive acne prone skin and this gets rid of the flakies with the TINIEST drop :D absolutely love it! My mom tried it and loved it for her dehydrated skin as well :) Seems to smooth the frizz out of my horribly damaged hair if I apply it when my hair is still damp :) I dont think I broke out from using this on my face but I use about 1/2 to 1 drop mixed with my moisturizer per day, so its not like im using 2 drops like most people seem to be doing. Im just too scared of breaking out to increase my dosage..

-edit-
I ended up slowly increasing the amount of jojoba oil I use over the course of 2-3 months because I ended up loving it so much! Probably because I started off slow, I never got the initial breakout some people seem to have experienced :) Keep in mind though that there are some people who are actually allergic to jojoba (surprising since I have extremely thin, sensitive acne-prone skin that cannot tolerate oils that others use such as grapeseed oil, apricot kernel oil, vitamin E oil and avocado oil).

I now use 2 drops for 1 pump of my milk cleanser, and I use 3-4 drops before moisturizer morning and night :) I swear it gives me a fantastic glow!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by idrish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Asian, oily/combination skin, acne prone during PMS. Estee Lauder Doublewear is the only foundation that stays on my face two hours after application.

My face is oily but the tip of my nose or the skin around my lips can easily get flaky - the major sign that my skin, albeit still oily, were lacking moisture. I kept slapping on more oil-free moisturizer in vain. Turns out many moisturizers intended for oily skin includes alcohol as an ingredient, which gives the product cool and fresh feeling but actually takes away more water from your skin as it evaporates.

I did learn that many of oily skin ladies actually need more oil to trap moisture, because without enough oil the skin will try to produce its own oil to protect itself - and using alcohol-containing products for oily skin just exacerbates the problem.

Well. So here comes the jojoba oil!

I wasn't very into the idea of applying oil on my already oily face, but I tried. Here's what I did: two or three drops of jojoba oil plus my daily moisturizer. And it worked! a week from now my nose is less flaky, and my skin feels comfortable and moisturized. As opposed to my initial worries, jojoba oil did not sit on my skin but was absorbed completely when I rubbed it in. No break-outs. Rich yet not oily when applied to skin - sounds like an oxymoron but true.

I use it everyday for my body and sometimes for my frizzy, permed hair too. But oil weighs down your curls, so beware!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't think there is a difference in product quality between brands of 100% pure organic jojoba oils but I like this one better simply because of the snap cap. I use this as a facial moisturizer and as nightly hair oil. Itís light but very moisturizing. It's inexpensive and has an extremely long shelf life. I have been working on my current bottle (9) months; a little really goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by salvedeigenetrix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is one of the best jojoba oils on the market for the price, and Desert Essence is strict about their sourcing, so I have a lot of faith in it. I use it mainly to oil the ends of my hair, but also as cuticle oil or as a carrier oil for essential oils.

It's an excellent product for the price, doesn't go rancid, and a little goes a long way.