Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 4/2/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's been pouring rain here all week, leaving me feeling like the Melty Man. I decided that my regular beloved foundation was not working for me in this humidity. I originally rushed to the drugstore to buy the new Almay Wakeup came across the Colorstay Aqua and purchased this instead because the color seemed to be less pink than the Almay.

So far I've been very happy with the results, it feels good, controls the moist feeling I was getting with my other product. This powder can go on heavy if you don't tap the brush first. It feels smooth and evens out my skin tone without looking heavy. I enjoy how the sparkles give me a slight glow.

I love how the brush slips into the lid, ensuring I won't misplace or lose the brush. Though I may try this with my regular foundation brush.

I did like this. It did wonders on my skin and felt awesome and didnt turn me all grease ball ish( I have oily skin) then I went outside......Holy sparkly.......If only I could find a way to not look like a disco ball.......:(

on 3/14/2011 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have dry/combinaton skin. Gets a tiny bit oily on my t zone at the end of the day.

When you first apply this, it feels really cool but i felt uncomfortable. The coverage isnt great. and it DOES HAVE CHUNKY SPARKLES. EW. That alone is just enough for me to say no. I hate big sparkles. SOO tacky. Why someone would like this, i really dont know...

on 3/11/2011 9:41:00 PM

This is really working for me so far! The coverage is perfect, evens out my skin very well without looking heavy. The color is great, the brush that comes with this isn't. I first applied this using the brush but it left my foundation streaky and was difficult to hold. Perhaps I had a faulty brush but it wouldn't click into place and kept retracting back into the handle! So now I use a mineral foundation brush and the finish is 100% better. The aqua effect is rather gimmicky and feels to me like I am applying a liquid foundation. Works ok spot applied as a concealer, and doesn't highlight my fine lines. I will continue to try this in humid weather to see if it really does live up to it's Colorstay name. Happy with it so far!

on 3/11/2011 5:35:00 PM

I saw this on halle berry in one of my magazines. .. it looked great on her so i thought why not.. so i bought it.. and i love it.. i use it alone.. when i want more coverage i use it on top of my tinted moisturizer.
LOVE LOVE the hydration it gives me. and the glow.

on 3/3/2011 5:43:00 PM

I really like this so far. It's not a lot of coverage. But it feels really refreshing when you apply it, and the shimmer is really lovely. I would not recommend for heavily lined skin, and if you need a lot of coverage...keep looking. And it DOES clump easily. So you'll have to apply gently. But worth it.

on 3/2/2011 2:49:00 PM

I love thus , it evens out my skin tone perfectly. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/24/2011 12:28:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. When you're aplying it, you can feel the moisture in the powder! What a cool little twist to a product that's been done and done again. The coverage is great, it makes my skin look as if it was glowing from the inside out! I'm 57 years young and to make my aged skin glow usually requires some outside work-like a facial at the spa. I just love this product-I think I already said that! But it's true, the minerals can seem to dry me out quickly and I have to apply several layers to even out. But not with this one, and it's fairly cheap compared to some big names, say for example-MAC-Revlon holds its own against some very popular brands. Give this a try-I did, and was happy with the result!

on 2/22/2011 7:39:00 PM

I purchased this product knowing full well that it was not full coverage-- I intended to use it as an alternative setting powder as Revlon's lightest shade always looks pretty good on me. It works really well to set both concealer and foundation without turning a shade darker or promoting oxidation during the day.

After patting some concealer under my eyes and over dark spots, I apply my Givenchy foundation on my splotchy areas with a foundation brush. Once it's dried down a smidge, I swirl my flat-top kabuki into the Revlon powder (using a CoverFx lid since the provided one is too small), tap once, and start buffing it in. It doesn't disturb any other product I've already laid down and goes on smoothly. While there were sparkles when I swatched the powder on my hand, I cannot detect them on my face, both indoors and out. How do they manage that?

Anyway, for a setting powder this works great. My foundation looks great throughout the day and the "aqua" component prevents my under-eye concealer from creasing as I set it. I just can't give this a great rating as it's intended purpose as a foundation is silly. Way too sheer for that! If Revlon had marketed this as a cooling (tinted) setting powder, much like BE did with their Hydrating Veil, it would have been a hit.

on 2/22/2011 1:43:00 PM

So gross. I was hoping this would be like the long discontinued Physician's Formula Aqua Powder. It ain't. It feels wet (expected), but looks amazingly dry. It doesn't blend worth a darn, cakes immediately, and settles more than I have ever seen in a powder.

I can only imagine this working for the very young and very oily. If you're past 17, skip it.

BTW- the almay wake-up makeup is the same thing, they have one herbal extract that is different, otherwise same product.