November 28, 2014 | 1927 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by elvira88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love thus , it evens out my skin tone perfectly. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by beth54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. When you're aplying it, you can feel the moisture in the powder! What a cool little twist to a product that's been done and done again. The coverage is great, it makes my skin look as if it was glowing from the inside out! I'm 57 years young and to make my aged skin glow usually requires some outside work-like a facial at the spa. I just love this product-I think I already said that! But it's true, the minerals can seem to dry me out quickly and I have to apply several layers to even out. But not with this one, and it's fairly cheap compared to some big names, say for example-MAC-Revlon holds its own against some very popular brands. Give this a try-I did, and was happy with the result!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by meaganlol

I purchased this product knowing full well that it was not full coverage-- I intended to use it as an alternative setting powder as Revlon's lightest shade always looks pretty good on me. It works really well to set both concealer and foundation without turning a shade darker or promoting oxidation during the day.

After patting some concealer under my eyes and over dark spots, I apply my Givenchy foundation on my splotchy areas with a foundation brush. Once it's dried down a smidge, I swirl my flat-top kabuki into the Revlon powder (using a CoverFx lid since the provided one is too small), tap once, and start buffing it in. It doesn't disturb any other product I've already laid down and goes on smoothly. While there were sparkles when I swatched the powder on my hand, I cannot detect them on my face, both indoors and out. How do they manage that?

Anyway, for a setting powder this works great. My foundation looks great throughout the day and the "aqua" component prevents my under-eye concealer from creasing as I set it. I just can't give this a great rating as it's intended purpose as a foundation is silly. Way too sheer for that! If Revlon had marketed this as a cooling (tinted) setting powder, much like BE did with their Hydrating Veil, it would have been a hit.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by kissliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So gross. I was hoping this would be like the long discontinued Physician's Formula Aqua Powder. It ain't. It feels wet (expected), but looks amazingly dry. It doesn't blend worth a darn, cakes immediately, and settles more than I have ever seen in a powder.

I can only imagine this working for the very young and very oily. If you're past 17, skip it.

BTW- the almay wake-up makeup is the same thing, they have one herbal extract that is different, otherwise same product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by NancyChiri

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. It can now take the place of my Prescriptives Magic powder which has been discontinued. My only complaint is the packaging - the cover is too small to use with a nice big foundation / powder brush without getting it all over the place. The coverage is excellent over tinted moisturizer. Best thing I have found in a long time! I am almost 60 and it gives me an (almost) flawless look!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by kdread123

I bought this product in hopes that i could use it as a setting powder, since i already use the Colorstay liquid foundation. It's really interesting how it feels wet when you apply it, but that's the only good thing about this product.

The sparkles in this powder are EXTREMELY noticeable. Especially in the sun! I think products should warn us on the label if its gonna apply as if its glitter! Its the only powder ive used that actually cakes up. The coverage isnt good at all. Im extremely disappointed in this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

I was super excited to try this product since it has coconut water in it (I love anything & everything with coconut in it.) It's definitely not like anything I've tried before. Upon applying it literally feels wet on your skin, which is a little unexpected. It's pretty hydrating for a powder. Yes, it does have sparkle/shimmer in it...I don't find it to be that noticeable but shimmer doesn't really bother me anyway. I don't think it provides enough coverage to be used alone, however as some have already said it works well as a setting powder or skin refresher. Use lightly as it does have a tendency to be a little bit cakey. Not sure if I'll repurchase but I don't mind using it up in the meantime.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Would I buy this purely as a foundation? No, but I really like it for setting makeup when you don't want a very matte, full coverage look.

The closest thing I have in my MU stash that I could compare it to would be MAC's MSFN. This would be a loose powder version of that meaning it's medium coverage, not matte but luminous finish and doesn't look dry or cakey. Basically, if you like MSFN you will probably enjoy this as a cheap alternative. I am about NC 20 and chose the Light-Medium shade from Revlon since I've found that my Medium MSFN that the MAC SA recommend looks a tiny bit to yellow for me.

I already have an HG matte longwear foundation & powder but I wanted to try a more dewy, natural look. I've found a foundation that I like already but was looking for a powder that would give a bit of additional coverage and make my skin look dewy. This fits the bill. I don't feel it's too glittery and I am usually opposed to wearing much products with glitter on my face. This is nice, obviusly not something to use if you are oily or going dancing or anything like that. My skin is at the point where yes, I still get oily at times but I'm also noticing that alot of matte foundation and powders can make my skin look a bit more "aged" that it really is. Ick.

Anyway, the brush here is mostly useless. Ok for a touch up, but for inital application you are gonna want to use a kabuki. I don't like the fact that there is nothing to keep the powder from spillng out of the pinholes if you want to carry it in your purse.

Bottom line: a good setting powder, not foundation option for women who want a more natural finsh with a bit of coverage. Compareable to MAC MSFN but in loose powder form. Yes there is a slight cooling sensation, but I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by fallingfeather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do not usually write reviews but I was so disappointed with this product that I decided to write one. I was using the original Colorstay Mineral powder by Revlon and though it was not perfect, I was very happy with it. The colors were a little on the pink side for me but I really liked the coverage and the wear and would blend a few of the shades to get something closer to my skin tone. Then they discontinued it and the new Colorstay Aqua mineral was available. The colors were not as pink as the previous so I thought I would definitely try it and I am so disappointed in this product that I am returning it. I have tried it for the past several days and each day I dislike it more and more.

No matter how much it is blended it still has a cakey and masky look on top of the skin. It does not last very long and starts separating and settling into fine lines and the sparkles.... they are awful. If I wanted to sparkle I would apply glitter. And by the end of the day it dries my skin out in multiple areas and just looks awful.

I wish they would not change products that work or at least continue with the new and old.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by shoeandpursegal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this...i got w/coupon so i only paid around 9 bucks. I like the original powder, but this aqua one does not give coverage at all. And is it me or the colors different now? Anyways..i dont hate this though..i do love the cooling sensation, and have used this to set my foundation with, plus its cheaper then the powder Mac released w/cooling sensation. Would i buy again? yes if theres a sale and like i said to use to set.