February 1, 2015 | 1179 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by tinaesq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Recomended by my derm. Simple scent free no frills and very effective. break outs have dropped to almost nothing since switching over to this.

not drying at all, just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! Cerave, you're my favorite cleanser right now. Great for my oily/combo/sensitive skin. No bad fragrance, no residue, and it does not strip my skin. Love the pump bottle
Don't know about makeup removal because I use a separate makeup remover for my eye makeup. Give it a try = you might like it as much as I do!.
I use the oily skin version!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by rko2020

Great cleanser. I have combo skin(oily,sensitive). I've been looking for a basic cleanser for my acne since i also use aczone/differin. I used spectro(ok but did not cleanse well), clean and clear foaming wash(irritated my skin). With Cerave I only need one pump and it foams very well to clean my face and neck. It can be a little drying near my jaw. Also, this isn't available in Canada so i have to purchase online. However, it's been a long time since i used a cleanser that works for my skin. I will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent cleanser for my acne prone, sensitive and oily skin. I have designated this cleanser as my warm weather cleanser since I tend to get extra oily in the summer. It does nothing it terms of oil control but it wasn't designed for that. It takes a small amount to cleanse my face and neck, which I can appreciate. I love it more than Cliniqure's cleansers, which is beyond harsh for my skin. I also love the fact that it is sulfate-free. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by brandieryan78

I have just started using Retin-A and was looking for a gentle yet effective cleanser and decided to try this one based on reviews. I have combination/oily skin and was using GM Collins which is very expensive and let me tell you, this cleanser is just as good if not better! It is also great at removing makeup. Plus, for $15 it is a great bargain! I highly recommend this product and I will be a user for life!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I asked the skincare board if any non-drying foaming drugstore cleansers even exist. This one had a lot votes on it so was next to try! Plus I already use other CeraVe products so it was the next logical step.

PRO: This cleans better than my other foaming cleansers! The area above and below my jawbone is my problem skin. I don't get regular breakouts there or anything but if I was going to, that'd be where they are most likely. Since using CeraVe foaming cleanser, it looks better than usual, and it's stayed this way! Also, I usually feel like foaming cleaners in general somewhat irritate my skin. I'm not totally sure about this one, but I think it doesn't irritate my skin at all (or if it does, it's a lot less than others). Removes all makeup and rinses super cleanly without any effort.

CONS: The bottle says "Normal to Oily Skin". I have normal to dry skin but decided to try it anyways due to there being so many high ratings from other people with dry skin. It's slightly drying like the rest of foaming cleansers I've used in the past so I do see why it'd be better for normal to oil. However, my skin is get pretty oily in the morning when I get up, so it's a good morning cleanser. But using it after a full day leaves my skin dry, like "woah, where did the moisture go" after patting my face before moisturizer on.

OTHER: Other foaming cleansers I've used were more eager to foam/larger bubbles (very minor though). Also, the consistency of this cleanser, it's not that it's thin, but it's a little more fluid. Note for some of the people who feel this leaves a residue too - make it foam BEFORE it's applied to the face. This cleanser works SO well with my SkinSonic too, using 2 pumps.

OVERALL: I was surprised by this cleanser. I wasn't expecting much at all. Ultimately it's not great for my skin type, but it does make a good morning cleanser. I also didn't expect it to leave my skin CLEARER than other foaming cleansers (I thought they were all created the same - apparently not!). Because of some those pleasant surprises, I'll be checking out CeraVe's Hydrating Cleanser next. I wish I could give this 3.5, not just 3.

UPDATE: More for oily skin. I've been introducing a BHA and other steps into my routine and my skin feels drier than normal now. I don't think it's the additional products though since I they don't feel drying to me. My skin needs more moisture than this gives.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best skincare finds... ever! I have super oily skin that wants to be breakout prone if I don't keep on top of it. I've been using high end and super high end cleansers which are great... but this very inexpensive, widely available extremely basic cleanser beats them all. Provides lots of foam and leaves my face clean without over-drying it. I love the pump dispenser and it's excellent size for the price so it's very economical. I will definitely repurchase this one.
UPDATE: after using this for three months I still LOVE it. I'm now on oral medication which has lessened how oily my face it but I *still* love this cleanser I just repurchased and probably will keep buying it since it works just as well as all the high-end, pricey cleansers I loved before trying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this face wash because it rinses clean and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and crackly. However, if you're looking for something that clears up acne, try something medicated with salicylic acid. This doesn't make you break out, but it doesn't clear acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by carolinagirl480

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 3 months. I really wanted to like it because it seemed like it would be good for my aging/acne-prone skin. The cleanser itself feels good on your skin and seems to remove makeup adequately. However, I've noticed that my pores seem to be more clogged w/ more blackheads/whiteheads, and I've had an increase in cystic acne. At first, I thought it was just hormonal changes, stress, etc, but I discontinued using it last week and went back to my old standby, Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash, and my skin has cleared up substantially.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised but I really like this product!! My usual rhassoul clay soap was drying me out after using for a couple of years and I got a weird skin reaction from some new natural mineral makeup I had tried so I needed something asap. I didnt want to wait for an online product so I went to the drugstore and picked this up for about $12. The bottle is huge and will last like forever. So its been about 5 or 6 weeks and this stuff is great. Foams very easy and doesnt dry out my skin or make me break out. In fact, I think it has helped my skin balance and hang on to its moisture better. Since this stuff is so cheap too, I can splurge on other things like serums and moisturizers. Overall, this is a great, uncomplicated facial wash that I think would be great for all skin types even sensitive which I have. The one thing it does not do is remove eye makeup well so dont expect that. I use my Fancl Mild Cleansing gel for that and the Cerave is a great follow up so your face feels really clean and hydrated. Like I said, the bottle will last forever but when I run out, I will def buy again :)