July 29, 2014 | 1257 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by cbm08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer this CeraVe foaming cleanser to my previous cleanser that I had been using for the past 2 years, which was Dan Kern's Acne.org cleanser.. The CeraVe foaming cleanser does not make my face feel tight and dry and like I must immediately apply moisturizer directly after washing, but it does remove my mineral makeup just as well, which is great! Pretty sure it's my new favorite and is now a permanent part of my skincare routine until further notice!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by amardjo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ok, I think I am allergic with the Niacimide in all Cerave products.
I tried AM, PM and Foaming Wash and all of them gave me the same result. Red rashes with small acnes.
I gave 2 stars as it didn't dry my skin and it could remove my Lucy Minerals powder foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by TanyaSummers

This is my first review on MUA and I had never intended to write one until I used this Cerave cleanser. It was a horrible experience! I'm not a picky person when it comes to cleansers. I just don't expect them to burn and sting and leave my face feeling so dry and in pain which is exactly what this cleanser did to me! Even the burn I had starting Epiduo gel wasn't as bad as the burn from this cleanser. This could, of course, just be my reaction and everyone is different, but I will never use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sefis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently found cerave products and on the whole I am very impressed with their performance and value for what you get. Really there is not much special about this face wash other than the fact that it has ceramides in it, which is kind of pointless in a face wash since very little if any of the ceramides will remain on your skin after rinsing. However, I am still giving this product 5 stars because it is a great face wash with no unnecessary junk, no fragrances, dyes, no pointless 'natural' or 'organic' ingredients included solely for advertising purposes, etc..

Some reviewers claimed this product made them break out, that seems pretty silly considering there is nothing comedogenic in this product. More likely it is a case of them making themselves break out by not understanding their own skin type, ie they have dry skin and should not be using a foaming cleanser like this to begin with..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by reeree7

This cleanser broke me out! Pimples (cystic ones which I don't normally get)Cerave, Cataphil, and Purpose have all broken me out. I dont know what it is about these clear cleansers that are touted to be gentle. They do not agree with my skin. If your skin reacts the same... go with a cream cleanser. They work much better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice cleansing product. However, takes more than 3 pumps to build just a slight foaming. I did not see anything super that would make me run out and buy this again. No real negatives, just light on the foaming action and that made it a boring experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by vwarrick

LADIES!!!

I have found the best face wash. I usually wear Revlon Color Stay for oily / combination skin. If you wear this full coverage foundation then you know how difficult it can be to take it off. In the past I would use Cetaphil for normal / oily skin - washing my face twice, then use the CVS face wash clothes - then finally my Clarisonic to completely remove my makeup. Well.... with the Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser I can wash my twice and remove ALL of the Revlon Color Stay!!! This saves me time and money, since I dont have to purches all of those other products to clean my face. And, best of all the Cerave does not dry your skin at all... if anything it feels very soft and moisturized after. LOVE THIS product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

My husband was given samples of this from the dermatologist. After seeing that his face looked less grimy and flaky despite his acne-fighting prescriptions, I decided to try it for myself. I have combination-oily skin which suffers from hormonal breakouts. CeraVe manages to clean my face without stripping it or otherwise making it worse.
I've paid $11-14 for this depending on the store. It's a good value because the bottle is big and I don't use a lot when washing my face. As for the packaging, the newest bottle I bought has a different type of label that resists the wrinkling and peeling that the old label did. Because of it's gentle but effective nature, and the fact that both my husband and I can use this product, I can see it being a staple in my bathroom for a long time. Have and will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is perfect for my sensitive skin. It gets rid of my oil without making my skin feel tight. It moisturizes my skin without making it feel greasy. It gets rid of all of my makeup and gives me a nice, clean canvas to start with. I use this twice a day. One pump is all I need. It is a bit pricey compared to other drugstore cleaners, but it lasted me about 9 months before I had to buy a new bottle. Such a great product for normal/combination or sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by fallingashes93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought it three times and it's perfect. My dermatologist told me about it cause with using epiduo you shouldn't use other things that are harsh and it changed my skin. Works great with clarisonic.