April 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my second bottle of this. I've used the high end facial cleansers and for what I need my cleanser to do - this works great. PROS: easy to find (Walgreens carries it), inexpensive, pump is sanitary, cleans the make-up off my face w/o problems, isn't drying to my combination skin, no scent. CONS: doesn't always foam and I have to wash 2x to get foaming action.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I just had a baby last month and my face was very reactive because of the extra hormones. I was experiencing breakouts on my forehead and cheeks. Everything I was using before was not cutting it and making my skin dry. After reading the reviews on this, I decided to try it and was not disappointed. It really removes my powder makeup and sunscreen very well without stripping my skin. It also doesn't make my skin irritated or cause any breakouts. I use this as my evening wash and in the morning I use cetaphil gentle wash. So far so good. Edit: While I still think this is a good cleanser, I can't use it long term since it eventually clogs my pores. I will reserve this for winter time

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bebe_sam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my second bottle of this. Before I was using Philosophy Purity cleanser, but could not stand how expensive it is! My derm recommended this to me and I love it! It cost me about $13 at Walgreens, which isn't bad at all considering how big the bottle is and you only need a little amt to make a great foam. This cleanser is super gentle on my skin, does not dry me out either. I do not smell a fragrance which is also a plus! I love this cleanser for its simplicity!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by moyasimame

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finished using this bottle few months ago. I thought about buying it again but was out at nearest Walgreens.
Some cleanser dries out my skin even I have a combination skin. This did not dry out my skin at all. No dry patches also I like the fact it's fragrance free.
Wish Cerave will develop more products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I switched over to CeraVe after it being recommended to me by my dermatologist. He gave me some samples of it, and after a week of using it decided to buy the full bottle. Although it is on the pricey side, I think it's well worth it. It removes makeup well, is very gentle, and doesn't dry out my skin. After using this, I've actually noticed that my skin isn't as dry or flakey as it was using my older face wash. My skin feels very soft and hasn't caused any breakouts.

I highly recommend this to anyone, and especially people with dry or flakey skin, and people with acne who are trying to find a nice, gentle face wash. Well worth the $12.00 :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by jennaderp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel sad writing this because it seems everyone has great luck with this but me. It is gentle for a foaming cleanser, removes makeup, but it also made my skin more sensitive and I would get painful cysts on my chin the day after using it. I have no idea what the ingredient is and I keep trying it thinking it was a fluke, but no, it happens every time. Sad! I liked it otherwise. I have sensitive skin.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I felt compelled to buy this the day I realized that my poor abused skin had become overly dry and fragile due to my efforts to blast the acne away with harsh products. I came to this from Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser, so I was initially worried that the Cerave wouldn't be able to remove my make-up. I was also worried about it clogging my pores, as I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be moisturizing (I've had some bad experiences with CeraVe lotions in the past). Now I'm just sorry I didn't try it sooner! This cleanser seems unique in that it's not moisturizing so much as it doesn't strip your skin, and unlike other similar cleansers, it doesn't leave a gross residue. So long as you wet your face first and work up the lather in your hands before you apply, your make-up will be gone (most of it). So I no longer feel so guilty about having to wash my face again after a workout, but I deleted a lip because if you've got really oily skin you probably won't like using it in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by kristacular1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect simple cleanser for oily skin. I use this cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia and I find it to be absolutely wonderful. I feel clean after washing my skin without feeling dried out. I believe a good skincare regime for acne-prone skin is one that is kept very simple. This does the job. I will continue to buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

Similar to purpose, but more gentle imo. Never stung or irritated me. I've been using a couple of weeks, now, and I am very pleased with it.
A lot of cleansers irritate my skin lately (which is not even sensitive), so it's great to have one that just feels nice on my skin.
I never use it to remove M/U, but I'm a firm believer it should be removed before using a cleanser, anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Scubanikki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is probably great for someone who doesn't wear makeup regularly. It doesn't take any of my makeup off, it just rubs it around like a lotion would. I don't see the point in buying both a makeup remover and a cleanser when there are cleansers that do both.
I tend to choose long wearing- full coverage types of makeup, so that could be part of the problem.
I use this on days that I don't apply makeup and it seems to be pretty gentle and it doesn't aggravate my slight rosacea. I like that it comes in a bottle with a pump.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No