September 17, 2014 | 983 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

Eh..It's okay. I bought it because I recently got a chemical peel and couldn't use my current aesthetician's skin care line b/c it had SA and GA. I even used this a couple weeks after I had already peeled & it made my face itch really bad and cause a rash. I am either going to return it on put it up for swap b/c I didn't care for this at all. It didn't remove all my make up either. [Btw, I use make up wipes & emr every time before I cleanse my face]. When I used my GA and SA pads after washing my face, there was still dirt and make up on it! This never happens when I use my face wash that I normally use. Needless to say I am going back to my other face wash since my skin is not peeling anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by thisiswhoiam888

This stuff is really good! I was skeptical at first, but it was really foamy and cleansed my face easily. All my makeup came off without scrubbing too much! Doesn't sting my eyes or anything. Definitely will buy again?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Pcrate

Interesting things happen with my skin and "stuff"... well last year sometime I tried using this cleanser at the suggestion of a "PA" at the dermatologist... everything he prescribed disrupted my skin - so I walked away upset saying this "stuff" is horrible for my face. Then I had this hormonal outbreak and went to another dermatologist this yr (a few weeks ago) and she prescribed a hydrocortisone cream (watsed my $$) for the breakout.... I was upset that she didn't do any massive diagnosis so I went home & scrapped up everything in my bathroom to "fix" my face... ran across this Cerave cleanser and some Acanya (antibiotic face cream) and went to town using it... Nevertheless the cleanser and cream worked; hence I bought another bottle of cerave for $13 and have been washing away... New found cleanser --- now I've just added the night cleanser wipes from Nuetrogena to my lazy late night wash regimen.... so I will give this a 5 rating until I have a facial blow-up and can't blame it on anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite cleanser. I've used it for a couple of months now, and it's just so perfect for my sensitive, combination skin. It cleans well, even removing my light makeup, and it rinses easily, leaving no film, and yet it also doesn't dry out or irritate my skin.

Update: For several years my husband has been suffering from rashes on his body that the doctors could not identify and that prescription creams did not heal. When I went out of town on business for a month and left him without body wash in the shower, he started using the CeraVe Foaming Cleanser that I'd left as his body wash. When I returned, he suddenly realized that the stubborn rashes were gone. Always curious about other products, I was considering trying another cleanser, but I'll be sticking with CeraVe Foaming Cleanser for face and body now.

Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydrosultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and) PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by cbm08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer this CeraVe foaming cleanser to my previous cleanser that I had been using for the past 2 years, which was Dan Kern's Acne.org cleanser.. The CeraVe foaming cleanser does not make my face feel tight and dry and like I must immediately apply moisturizer directly after washing, but it does remove my mineral makeup just as well, which is great! Pretty sure it's my new favorite and is now a permanent part of my skincare routine until further notice!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by amardjo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ok, I think I am allergic with the Niacimide in all Cerave products.
I tried AM, PM and Foaming Wash and all of them gave me the same result. Red rashes with small acnes.
I gave 2 stars as it didn't dry my skin and it could remove my Lucy Minerals powder foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by TanyaSummers

This is my first review on MUA and I had never intended to write one until I used this Cerave cleanser. It was a horrible experience! I'm not a picky person when it comes to cleansers. I just don't expect them to burn and sting and leave my face feeling so dry and in pain which is exactly what this cleanser did to me! Even the burn I had starting Epiduo gel wasn't as bad as the burn from this cleanser. This could, of course, just be my reaction and everyone is different, but I will never use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sefis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently found cerave products and on the whole I am very impressed with their performance and value for what you get. Really there is not much special about this face wash other than the fact that it has ceramides in it, which is kind of pointless in a face wash since very little if any of the ceramides will remain on your skin after rinsing. However, I am still giving this product 5 stars because it is a great face wash with no unnecessary junk, no fragrances, dyes, no pointless 'natural' or 'organic' ingredients included solely for advertising purposes, etc..

Some reviewers claimed this product made them break out, that seems pretty silly considering there is nothing comedogenic in this product. More likely it is a case of them making themselves break out by not understanding their own skin type, ie they have dry skin and should not be using a foaming cleanser like this to begin with..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by reeree7

This cleanser broke me out! Pimples (cystic ones which I don't normally get)Cerave, Cataphil, and Purpose have all broken me out. I dont know what it is about these clear cleansers that are touted to be gentle. They do not agree with my skin. If your skin reacts the same... go with a cream cleanser. They work much better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice cleansing product. However, takes more than 3 pumps to build just a slight foaming. I did not see anything super that would make me run out and buy this again. No real negatives, just light on the foaming action and that made it a boring experience.