CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

4.1

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 2/21/2013 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Drying, and made my acne worse.

on 2/18/2013 6:29:00 PM

This cleanser worked well for me. I use it after my oil cleanser, and it actually seems to dry out my skin less than the SkinMedic cleanser, which I had used before. My breakouts stopped (until now) since I started using this, but that may be because of the new topical I'm using.

The pump packaging, and the fact that you get a lot for the money, are other advantages.

Edit: It did end up drying out my skin, so I switched back to the Obagi Gentle cleanser.

on 2/15/2013 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty unremarkable foaming cleanser; nothing good or bad to say about it. It cleans better than their hydrating cleanser.

on 2/10/2013 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I admit it....I gave in and bought this cleanser, after reading the reviews I thought it would be a good choice for my picky, oily, hormonal skin. I soon found out how wrong I was. Broke me out in deep painful cysts., which took forever to heal. Whenever I used it, my face never felt totally clean, and oddly enough felt tight and dry. I am glad however that so many others have had such positive results. A HG cleanser is a must, and so hard to find!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

It was because of the rave reviews I've heard about this product that I decided to go out and buy this. Unfortunately, this dried out my skin SO BAD I couldn't believe it. I literally only used a pea-sized amount on my entire face and yet it felt like my face was stretch as tight as an elastic band. It's too bad since I really, really wanted this to work for me, and it seems like I'm the only one that has had this experience with this cleanser. I have not tried the Hydrating Cleanser because I've combo to oilier skin but on second though, maybe I should've.

Pros:
- Nice, clean packaging?
- At least it didn't break me out (as far as I know of)

Cons:
- EXTREMELY DRYING
- Expensive (I paid $15 for 300 mL)

Maybe it's just me, but I will definitely not repurchase this. Will continue hunt for HG cleanser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me just get to the point. This is an amazing cleanser.
I use this one of two ways, Either on its own or with my Clarisonic. On it's own it removes all my makeup without me needing to scrub at my face, which is great since my skin is pretty delicate, or with my Clarisonic to really deep clean my face. Usually the latter. It keeps my normal skin from drying out or becoming too oily, it removes a full face of makeup without needing to scrub, and it prevents my skin from breaking out. I can really recommend this cleanser to anyone.

on 1/17/2013 4:30:00 PM

I used Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash since I was in high school. There were some changes in my skin which led me to try the Sage Facial Shampoo (Regular) and while that was nice, it costs a little too much. I know the knowledge of MUA will lead me to find a better cleanser. Recently I went on a combo of Aczone (dapsone) gel in the morning and tretinoin 0.05% in the evening and those medications has made my face slightly dry and flakey. You're supposed to wait about 15-30 minutes after you cleanse before applying tretinoin. That's when Purpose did not work for me. My face was super dry by the time it was ready for tretinoin. This is where the Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser saved the day! I use about about 1/2 to 3/4 of a pump on wet hands, rub my hands until the soap starts to foam and I wash my face as usual. My face feels great afterwards, and I can go the 15-30 minutes before applying tretinoin without feeling super dry. Love!

on 1/10/2013 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this cleanser since it was very recommended for oily skin gals like myself. While it did "fix" my oily skin, my skin felt so dry after the first few times of using it, it was definitely not pleasant. The things I did like about this cleanser: it was cheap, it worked very well with my clarisonic, and it removed makeup. I just really wish it wasn't so drying!

on 1/4/2013 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So far I am very impressed with this cleanser. It doesn't foam the way foaming hand soap does, but I'm actually happy about that. :) Doesn't irritate my skin, cause redness or leave it tight/dry/flaky7 (all of which are important to me because I have rosacea and possible seb derm). Rinses well and leaves my skin smoother than I've ever experienced. Not the cheapest (although inexpensive compared to department store brands) but I only need half a pump, so it should least quite a while.

on 12/23/2012 10:47:00 PM

I bet this cleanser is a dream for normal to oily skin. But my skin is dry and it's parched after using this.