CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

4.1

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 9/22/2012 12:32:00 PM

I've been using this for a month now and wow! What a great cleanser! I have combination skin that is on the oily side, but it doesn't dry out the drier parts of my skin and never increases my skin's sensitivity/redness. It does a good job of cleaning my makeup and when I skip a night of using this, I've been noticing that my pores gets a bit more congested. I had been using Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser and I have to say this one is the much better product for that job. For a drugstore product, this is on the expensive side, but to me, it's definitely worth it. The bottle I've been using probably has a good 2 more months worth of use before I need to go buy another. If you have sensitive skin that is prone to acne, I think that this product is a great option to try!

on 9/5/2012 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this cleanser! I have acne prone skin and while it is good for my skin I think it would work for all skin types unless you have dry skin. In that case I would go with the moisturizing cleanser. Cerave doesn't test on animals and is easy to find. It removes makeup fairly well. I always used an acne cleanser but once I realized that it didn't matter because the salicylic acid (in most cases) isn't on your skin long enough to do anything, I switched over. I'm not saying this is the only good one, but it can be more difficult to find cruelty free products at the drug store that are readily available and you don't have to hunt for. I have tried other cleansers but keep coming back to this one.

on 9/1/2012 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I read so many great things about cerave and this cleanser in particular so I had to try it. While it takes off makeup better than anything I have ever tried yet it is so drying that I can no longer use it on my face. When I apply foundation with my hands I use this cleanser as a hand wash after to get the makeup off so it's not a total waste. But wow I have combo skin and after I washed my face with this my skin was so tight and squeaky it actually hurt. Might work if your skin is oily all over

on 9/1/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm on my fourth bottle and find it's as good as my other favorite cleanser, Olay Foaming Face Wash- Sensitive. Olay is more moisturizing, so it's better in cooler weather. Both of these cleansers work well with my oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin.

Cerave's Foaming Facial Cleanser seems to fill all my skin's needs. It removes light makeup (concealer, blush, powder) easily. This cleanser works well with my Clarisonic.

Pros: generous amount, affordable, easily available, doesn't dry out skin or make it more oily, doesn't break skin out, doesn't make skin feel more sensitive, fragrance-free
Cons: In the depths of winter, this can dry my skin. It's perfect for my skin most of the year.

**Edit: I've noticed that if I use this exclusively for prolong periods of time, my skin starts to break out.

on 8/25/2012 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a good, basic cleanser. I definitely like it better than Cetaphil because it does a better job of keeping breakouts at bay. My derm recommended this (specifically the foaming cleanser, not the regular Cerave cleanser) for breakouts on my body and face. It doesn't do anything special when it comes to anti-aging, fine lines, etc. For me, it works best when I pair it with a light moisturizer, otherwise it can be slightly drying.

on 8/22/2012 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had a horrible reaction to a sunscreen about 4.5 months agoÖ I got a whole lot of white heads all over my face that slowly turned into cystic acne. Luckily, I bought this Cleanser before it got too bad. I was able to stop the cystic acne on most of my face, with the exception of my jaw line and chin.

I have sensitive acne prone combo skin that leans to the dry side. I read the reviews on here before I bought it, so I already knew it could cause some dryness. Iím not going to lower itís rating for that. I wanted to clear up my acne more than anything else, and this stuff really helped but Iíll be buying the Hydrating version next time. This is not a product for anyone with skin that dries out easily.

The consistency is nice. Itís not too watery and lathers very well. You donít need a ton of product to get your face clean. HOWEVER, it does not remove makeup well at all. I use Grandpaís Thylox Sulfur Acne Treatment Soap Bar to remove any makeup I have on before I wash my face with this, and the combo works great. If I didnít have a good way to remove my makeup already I donít think I would like this product as much as I do.

on 8/20/2012 1:49:00 AM

I have acne prone, very sensitive skin.

I switched to this after getting some good results from Cerave PM facial moisturizer, and have been using the two together for a few months. They are my HG products-- my skin is more clear and healthy than it has been in over 15 years. This cleanser does not dry me out at all, and cleanses without irritation. I have not had any negative reactions to this. The price is great also, as a little goes a long way and the bottle lasts forever.

on 8/10/2012 7:33:00 PM

HG facial cleanser for normal to oily skin. This unscented gel foams lightly, doesn't strip skin but instead leaves it comfortable and clean. Anyone with sensitive skin - or someone who prefers their facial products unfragrances - will appreciate this. My only [minor] quibble is the packaging; the pump is a little stiff.

on 8/5/2012 8:24:00 PM

Let me first say that I have very sensitive acne-prone skin. This face wash is amazing for it. I also have oily skin and it helps keep the oil at bay throughout the day. It does not leave a dry tight feeling, which the cetaphil cleanser did. Have not had any breakouts since using this, which ill usually have the next morning. Recommended for those with oily and sensitive skin! Not for people with dry skin, it even says it on the bottle!

on 7/29/2012 8:53:00 PM

Great product for sensitive skin. Totally recommend it.