February 27, 2015 | 1224 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im really loving this cleanser so far! my skin type is oily/very sensitive. its hard for me to find a cleanser that doesnt irritate my skin or eyes...this cleanser does NOT. a few years back, the only cleanser that cerave had was the lotion type cleanser. i tried that one and hated it. i moved on to Boscia purifying cleansing gel and was very happy with it and had no plans to change until recently when they revised it(why do stupid companies do this??!). anywho, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because i started researching to find a new cleanser and saw that the cerave got very high reviews on every site. so i decided to give it a try and low and behold..i like this even better than the Boscia and its half the price! this cleanser keeps my face fairly matte throughout the day which is a definite plus. its also non drying and cleans my skin really well. i always use a wipe to remove my makeup first..but this cleanser does a great job at cleaning off any remaining makeup. i also love that it comes in a pump. i have found everything that i need in this cleanser and i intend to stick with it. will do an updated review in about 6 weeks.

UPDATE: 9/22/2012
still LOVING this cleanser! its amazing. it hasnt broken me out or irritated my skin or eyes at all. it gives my face a smooth, supple appearance. great for oily skin-even in the summer. this cleanser is a definitely a keeper!!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has become a staple for me. I have oily, very sensitive skin with mild rosacea, and this stuff is perfect. I use it on my neck and upper chest too. Just a simple, gentle cleaner--love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by jiegao8

My favorite cleanser of all time. I'm finishing up my second bottle and will continue to use it. It's perfect for my combination skin. Simple, cleans well, not irritating or drying, and one bottle lasts a long time. It's not the best cleanser for makeup removal but works fine when I wear minimal makeup. It's so gentle that I can even use it around my eyes. I usually use it once a day in combination with another stronger facial cleanser that can give that squeaky clean and tight feeling on my face. But if my skin feels sensitive or has issues such as breakouts, then I usually stick to CeraVe both in the morning and at night. I was actually a little hesitant in buying it at first because I heard that it's fairly similar to Cetaphil, which I have tried in the past with poor result. But CeraVe worked out very well with my skin and I'm glad I gave it a chance because it has resolved my mild acne problem and even improved my overall skin tone. I would really recommend it for those who would like to take a more gentle approach with their acne issues as well as those who are just looking for an excellent everyday cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by ChellBell

This is a wonderful cleanser in my opinion! A year ago, i got so upset with my awful t-zone breakouts that i decided to go to the dermatologist and they gave me samples of a few cleansers. This one definitely stuck out as the one that worked! I tried Cetaphil and even the CeraVe hydrating version, but only this cleanser worked for me. I haven't had much trouble with my acne since. Great Buy!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very skeptical about how well this would work since I thought it would be like Cetaphil, which does not work well for me. But thankfully, this is perfect for me as a morning cleanser. It is gentle but effective and does not overdry my skin. I think it would probably be great for others at night as well, but I have acne prone skin and use a separate cleanser at night that has lactic acid. I love the affordable price, lack of fragrance, large size and easy to use pump bottle. I never thought I would get through the entire bottle without getting sick of the product or finding it ineffective after awhile. But I finally finished it and am definitely buying another.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Lolat81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product would be great for someone with super oily skin or that slathers lots of lotion on after cleansing. I prefer to not have to slather moisturizer on bc I don't want my face cleanser to dry my face to the point to where I need so much moisturizer. This cleanser felt like I was rubbing KY jelly all over my face! It foamed up nicely but for my combo skin I don't need a foaming cleanser. It dried my skin out terribly and felt very cracked and tight 10 minutes later. I mistakenly thought when I was a teen that I needed to dry my face out to no end with stripping cleansers and harsh products in order to keep from breaking out. I know now that that is the wrong thing to do as that just prompts your skin to produce more oil. Plus I hate the cracked face feeling and peeling! Skin's ph is slightly acidic (called the acid mantle) so you do not want to disturb that too much with harsh products. Cerave is great for some people I'm sure but personally I prefer cetaphil gentle cleanser. it's not too drying and does not disturb your acid mantle. So if you must use a few acne products go ahead just don't strip your skin with harsh cleansers. You know your skin is so much more vulnerable when it's wet. Makes since to choose a gentle cleanser and the wait about 15 minutes and then apply your products and finish with a light non-comedogenic moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Been using this face wash for about 2 months now. I have crazy sensitive/oily/acne/combination/rosacea-prone skin and have always had trouble finding a cleaner that would not totally freak out my face. Even though this is a very simple and gentle face wash, I really feel like the texture of my skin has improved. Nothing miraculous by any means, but since I have started using this my face feels smoother, less flaky, and this face wash has not broken me out :-). I was previously using clean & clear sensitive face wash and thought it was pretty good but, now compared to this, realize that it really dried out my skin. I use another product to remove my makeup at night, so I am not sure how well this would remove makeup (it says it does on the bottle, FYI). I will definitely repurchase this face wash when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by kayendee

Absolutely awesome. This product removes ALL of my makeup, cleans my face well, and doesn't dry out my skin whatsoever. There is no tight feeling of the skin after washing my face with this. It is extremely gentle and does not aggravate my skin. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by tinaesq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Recomended by my derm. Simple scent free no frills and very effective. break outs have dropped to almost nothing since switching over to this.

not drying at all, just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! Cerave, you're my favorite cleanser right now. Great for my oily/combo/sensitive skin. No bad fragrance, no residue, and it does not strip my skin. Love the pump bottle
Don't know about makeup removal because I use a separate makeup remover for my eye makeup. Give it a try = you might like it as much as I do!.
I use the oily skin version!