MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 11/24/2013 11:45:00 AM

I bought this two weeks ago in NW15 and the color is spot on, the nw 20 was way to pinky. It is very buildable and the finisch is natural. It stays put all day long with a primer (dermalogica skin perfect). I find it even good as estee lauder dw, maybe even better because the color is perfect. For me it is the HG for now, together with estee lauder dw (old formula). In EL DW i have bone and fresco who I mix together, i wear also desert beige when i am tanned more.

PROS
- The coverage of this foundation is pretty good, I'd say it was medium but build able.
- In my opinion the colour match is perfect.
- It doesn't transfer.

CONS
- It can be a bit cakey if too much is used.

I bought this product because I was sick of not being able to find a foundation that works with my combination skin and last a long time, I'm really glad came across this product as it keeps my t-zone matte (with a setting powder) and doesn't sink in to my dry skin and look flakey.
The only thing I can think of that could be a problem is that it has to be really buffed in to the skin to get the desired effect and if you over do it a little it can get cakey when you add a setting powder, but neither of these things bother me as they are easily avoided.
Overall I love this foundation!

on 11/7/2013 7:24:00 PM

Currently using this. I like it enough to repurchase it. It stays on good for maybe about 6 hours so I like to wear it when I don't have any plans. Estée Lauder is still my goto foundation when I'm planning to stay out late.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like this foundations lasting power and it's pretty transfer resistant. I have pretty bad acne scarring on my cheeks and ALWAYS have to use a concealer(studio finish) over top my foundation and this makeup is no exception. It is quite sheer. I tried building it upto three layers and it looked horrible and cakey and separated on my cheeks. So, I found the perfect way to wear it I just put one thin later on and conceal my scarring with my studio finish (which I have to do anyways) and I get a beautiful no makeup look type of finish.

on 11/6/2013 4:21:00 PM

I am a HUGE MAC fan, but I have to say I am disappointed with this product. After using pretty much all of MAC's foundations, bar this one I really wanted to try it. I put it on this morning and was happy with the coverage and the look of my skin, but wasn't particularly blown away. About lunch time when I looked in the mirror, I noticed my skin looked a little patchy and grey and some of the foundation had actually come off. I usually use Estee Lauder Double Wear and looking in the mirror I forgot I tried this foundation.When I remembered I had it on, I applied some Double Wear over the top and had no problems! Would not recommend this, go for Studio Fix and spritz some Fix + over the top.

on 11/2/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product so much because it lasts all day!

10am till 10pm with complete and full coverage! I can't describe how much I love it. I have dryish skin and it does not make me break out. I am ready to rock after I add a pressed after and bam, the day begins.

on 10/27/2013 1:54:00 PM

I really do like this foundation. It feels light on the skin and is very easy to blend. The coverage is also pretty good. Before switching to this foundation, I would never have used anything but Estée Lauder double wear for the lasting coverage, however, keen for a change I really do rate the MAC pro long wear for coverage, mainly because you can apply in layers depending on the coverage you are looking to achieve. It doesn't flake around dry patches and looks absolutely flawless in photographs. The only criticism in general I have about MAC is that it took me absolutely ages to find the right colour match for my skin, despite going and purchasing several different shades and having it matched by the make up artists at several stores. This aside, great foundation once you have found your perfect match!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only foundation that has worked on my very very oily skin. Revlon colorstay couldnt support my oily skin. If you have beautiful skin please go natural or find something light. This foundation is build-able and sets beautifully. Make sure to remove properly or acne and blackheads will appear.

on 10/18/2013 9:32:00 AM

Firstly I have tried MAC Pro Long wear foundation and MAC Studio sculpt foundation and even though both are not great, if you really wanted to buy one i'd say Pro Long wear was the better of the two.

After trying Studio Sculpt i went on to try Pro Long wear and it was better. It did stay on my face longer then the Studio Sculpt did but still would never last a whole day or even 6 hours. I felt this product still made my face look and feel oily.

The packaging for this product is awful! Its a glass tub with a pump, at first this seems okay but the pump doesnt go all the way to the bottom of the tub and stops 3 quarters of the way down so once you've got some use out of it be prepared with a battle.

I wouldn't buy this product again it just was not for me. I have normal/ combination skin, like most a have a slightly oily T-zone but when i used this product i looked like i had a serious problem with oily skin.

on 10/18/2013 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I would like to say, those debating between the MAC Studio Fix Fluid and the Pro Longwear foundation should definitely go for the Pro Longwear. I have used both and am definitely sold on the Pro Longwear, and in my opinion it is the better one out of the two.

Comparison between SFF and Pro Longwear

- They have the same coverage, which is medium-full. The coverage can be built up with multiple layers, however I would recommend spritzing with something like Fix+ as it can get a little cakey when layering.

- SFF has a distinct paint-like odor, and I was still able to smell it after application, which was a bit off-putting. Pro Longwear has no distinct scent to it.

- SFF has a very matte finish, while Pro Longwear has a slightly less matte, more satin like finish. This makes it appear a lot more natural and less cakey on the skin, which I prefer.

- SFF dries much, much quicker and it can be a bit of a pain to blend. I found that while Pro Longwear tends to set quickly, I am still able to go over it and blend the foundation and any streak marks without too much effort.

- SFF tends to oxidise a little bit, and I have not noticed this with Pro Longwear.

Video Reviews & Tutorials