September 30, 2014 | 1875 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jojomua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this about a month ago., It is the first MAC foundation I ever purchased and I like it. Im a NW45 and the color match is on point for me. Its a bendable , not heavy .Coverage is medium and I like how it gives me a natural finish. My only thing with this foundation is that it is sticky. Its like I can feel the stickiness to it or something, cant really explain it. But otherwise a good foundation for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I have been on the hunt for a great foundation that not only suits my oily acne prone skin but is also water resistant. I had been loving my covergirl 3-in-1 foundation but it is not waterproof! I cried during a movie and you can see streaks down my face. So I went to try many many samples of foundation in the department stores but nothing is close to matching my neck or face. I went to the MAC store due to the wide color range and ended up getting the Pro Long wear because it is said to be suitable for oily skin! I was matched NC15 because I wanted it to match with my neck. Unfortunately, I think all over my face it looks too light so I am going to go back to the store for a shade or two darker, hopefully I won't look like a geisha the second time around. Anyways onto the formula. The formula reminds me a lot about Revlon's Colorstay because it isn't too heavy but not too light. You can still feel like you're wearing makeup. I use a damp sponge to apply around my nose area because it gives off a natural finish. I use my blending brush for all over my face. It holds up my oils for about 6 hours or so. So the oil control is not bad. I like that the foundation is transfer resistant and stays put even when I do blot. I recommend this foundation! It is pretty amazing even tho I am not totally in love with it...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was expecting to like this because I have really oily skin. However, this was too difficult to apply, I could not for the life of me get it to look natural. It was soo cakey, whether applied with brushes, fingers, beauty blender, it just looked so obvious and heavy. It also really accentuated any flakes I had. Liked the pump, but it would dry up and get clogged so could be pretty messy. Going to have to pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by sarahmjeong

Hey guys :) I've read a lot of reviews on this foundation (even if I still had it) because I just wanted to see what people said about it. Since I loved the foundation, I was expecting a lot of love as well from other costumers, but I was clearly wrong, a lot more hate than love.

Honestly, IN MY OPINION, this is probably one of the best foundations that money can buy you. It DOES look a little cakey (when not applied a proper primer/not applied primer at all) but if you wait a little bit, like...5 minutes? it seriously looks like skin. I use benefit porefessional primer, and using that, makes the foundation look FLAWLESS. no cakeyness, no nothing, all you get is great results.

I have VERY VERY VERY oily skin, like...even 10 minutes after i wash my face my face becomes soooo greasy. So if you have oily skin, this is the one for you. it doesn't last 24 hours, it lasts around....5/6, but if you have normal or dry skin, than it will last A LOT longer.

I really recommend you buy this. it is pure perfection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

After reading a lot of positive reviews on this site, I decided to go to the MAC counter and get a sample of this makeup. I'd read that it was excellent for super oily skin. Seriously, you could fry an egg on my face most days. The girl at the MAC counter told me this makeup was amazing for oily skin and that I would love it. This is the first MAC product I have ever tried.

I have a medium skintone and reddish undertones. I was really confused on the shades at first. The girl at the MAC counter intially told me that NW25 was my perfect shade. So I got a sample of that. As I was looking at the testers, I thought that the NC25 looked more like my shade. But I went with girl's recommendation. I had also rubbed a little bit of the NW25 on my inner forearm. In the store lighting, it looked okay. But when I got outside, you could clearly see it on my forearm and it looked really orange. After I took off the makeup I was currently wearing that night, I applied a little of the NW25 on my forehead. It still looked way too orange. I applied the Revlon Nearly Naked on one side of my forehead and the Pro Longwear on the other. It was a major difference. So the following day, I went back to the MAC counter and told her the NW25 was way too orange for me. It was actually the same girl I'd talked to the day before. I told her that I thought the NC25 was a better match for me. It turns out, my gut was right about the NC25. It was a perfect match. There are a lot of things I really liked about this foundation. First, it was easy to apply and blend. This is a very lightweight foundation. It dries really quickly. A lot of reviewers have mentioned this as a negative, but I usually apply my makeup in sections anyway, the fact that it dries quickly wasn’t an issue for me at all. When it dries, it looks very natural. It doesn’t look or feel heavy at all. It looks like your real skin only better. A little bit goes a long way. But there is one thing that I really did not like about this makeup, and it’s major enough that it would probably keep me from purchasing a full-sized bottle. Even though it claims to last 15 hours, it didn’t last anywhere near that for me. I have extremely oily skin. I have a heck of time getting liquid foundation to last on my face. Even with primer, I’m lucky if I get 4-5 hours of decent wear. It breaks up and fades away especially on my nose and cheeks (where I am the most greasy) So I was really hoping I would get at least 12 hours of wear from this foundation. But sadly, that did not happen. After about 7-8 hours, it started to break down and look blotchy. After another hour, I had patches where you could see the redness coming through and the makeup had completely worn away. I was really disappointed by this makeup. I thought maybe I had finally found my HG foundation. But alas, the search continues. I am considering trying MAC Matchmaster foundation next. If you are only a little oily, you will probably love this foundation. If however, you are extremely oily like me, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

EDIT: The NC25 was too yellow on me. Not enough to be embarssing. I have no idea what shade of this I would actually need. But I'm not going to even try to figure it out. I like the Matchmaster foundation much better anyway. I'm a 4.0 in that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Kpmuzzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this foundation it's not too heavy and a medium coverage. I've got quite oily skin and have been looking for the best combo to keep me looking fresh for as long as possible. To do this I start off by using boots mattifing lotion, then B.prepared primer (Superdrug), this foundation then set with corn silk translucent loose powder (Boots) and for me it's the most effective combo for my oily skin (get a little shine, but only after hours of wear and doesn't effect the look of foundation when blotted). I know everyone's skin varies but this works for me and I think the products you use before and after can better or worsen the effectiveness of foundation and its about finding what works best for you. Personally I love this foundation and will definitely keep using :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I've bought two foundations from MAC (this one and the Matchmaster) and this one is by far the worse of the two. i was expecting to love this because I'm pretty darn oily and this is supposed to be long wearing, but nope! It goes on cakey and heavy from the start no matter what I do--sheer it out with a wet sponge didn't even help, even when I use far less than the Matchmaster. I don't notice that I get less shiny over the day when compared to the Matchmaster either. It does still look alright at the end of the day, but with the way it looks all mask-like and doesn't offer better oil control/staying power over other foundations, it was a bust for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Lollyfox

Do not bother ! One of the worst foundations MAC has ever made.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm disappointing. I'm a huge fan of MAC cosmetics and my absolute favourite foundation I have ever owned is studio fix fluid. I love how the foundation comes with a pump but I felt that this foundation was very heavy. It's sticky, rubbery, and still melts off my very oily face. Even with a primer, setting powered and setting spray it still transfers onto my clothes and skin and it also looks very cakey after mid day touch ups. But mixing it with a moisturizer does take away the sticky feeling.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

Overall, is a decent foundation for those looking for medium coverage, in a longwearing foundation base. It is mildly reminiscent of older foundation formulations (e.g. original Double Wear, Colorstay, etc.) that dried a bit tacky on the skin but had phenomenal staying power. This one is a bit more lightweight but still has a tendency to have that drying-cement feeling, which I personally don't mind because I have very oily skin, especially in the spring and summer. Is it longwearing? Yes. But the reason I won't be purchasing this again is because I don't have a good shade match, and I don't find the coverage to be buildable at all. I am a neutral-olive NC15 and I found the Pro Longwear colors to be rather orange-leaning, more so than the Studio Fix Fluid line. I also favor full coverage foundation, and when I tried to build it up, the top layer had already dried and it would become cakey quickly. I think those looking for a solid medium coverage will be happy with this. It is a pretty good foundation but I have other foundations I favor for a longwearing, matte base.