November 28, 2014 | 1486 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by aZnPriDe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG moisturizer!!! I absolutely love this product. I specifically like that it's a gel-cream, so I don't get that heavy, creamy feeling that I get from other moisturizers. It absorbs quickly, and it doesn't just lay on top of your skin. It's definitely hydrating, and the smell is nice. You don't even need to use that much. One tiny jar lasts me for a few months!
I would love for it to have some SPF, but that isn't a deal breaker for me.
I have tried so many different skincare products, but this moisturizer is the only thing that I have not changed in my skincare routine. I love it!<3

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Firefly80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried a sample that came in a magazine and I thought that it worked well. Bought that full size and used it for almost a week. My skin became drier and itchy. It was horrible for me. Got rid of it and went back to my lovely Oil of Olay. My skin is so much better now.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by pearbeary18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had high hopes for this since I loved the lotion and I generally love the Garnier lotions. However, this product is awful. Because of the alcohol, my skin gets red and irritated. After a few days of use, my skin actually starts to feel dry. I wish it didn't have alcohol in it because otherwise it would've been great for me: it feels refreshing and cool, and it is extremely lightweight as well- perfect for oily skin in the summer. If you have sensitive skin, please save your money.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. In spite of the alcohol content, I find this is moisturizing for my dry/combo skin. In the summer, I tend to be less dry and more combo, so this gel works very well. I tend to use this one at night and I wake up with soft skin. The gel like consistency is very cooling and the fragrance does not bother my skin that can be sensitive to smells. I got this at CVS with extra bucks so my cost was minimal. I'm not sure this is HG status for me, but for now it is working out well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MysteryButterfly

Would i repurchase? already did. almost done with my 3rd jar. one jar lasts me about 2 + months? i usually use about a little over a dime size amount everyday. i love how good it feels on my skin and how fast it absorbs. feels cool but not like a minty feeling. it smells good too. but some times i feel like it isnt enough to moisturize my skin. i like it anyways because it does not make my face oily since i have combo skin (oily t-zone). though just to be warned: it contains alcohol which can be drying to the skin. i dont think this would be good for people wiith dry skin. but if you have combo or oily and want a non-oily moisturizer, give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by adipose

I have been using this product pretty consistently for 3-4 years. I have no complaints. I am satisfied; it does the job.
I'm not sure I'd rhapsodize it's omg amazing HG life-changing etc., but compared to all the other moisturizers I've tried, this is certainly the best overall, and among the least expensive---jar lasts me ~4 months(?)---so I have little incentive to switch up my routine.
For me, the best thing is that it feels very light and absorbs quickly (but is also sufficiently moisturizing, obviously; I use it night and day), even when I slather it on. Also, I am rather fond of the smell, and the cooling sensation, though I hear that's supposed to be bad for your skin.....(for the record, I do not have dry skin; I'd venture to guess that this product might not be moisturizing enough for super dry skin?)
Packaging could definitely be improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Sarrellie

LOVE! Yeah, I know it is a jar and that isn't ideal if you're into being all hygienic. But I am willing to look past that because this is amazingness for so cheap! I have oily but dehydrated skin due to acne medication. So I will have dry skin with oil sitting on top of it. I wanted something to moisturize but not make me more oily. I found out that Clinique Moisture Surge was amazing for my skin type but I went through that stuff fast and it was SOO expensive. So then I heard that the Garnier Moisture Rescue in the jar was exactly like the Clinique version so I gave it a try. Omg it is almost the exact same stuff but where I get it the price is around 5 dollar compared to the 48 dollars for the clinique one. It is so refreshing to put on and it sinks in almost immediately. It isn't fragrance free but the smell is very faint and fresh smelling. I can't see the smell bothering many people. Obviously this lotion won't do much for those with dry skin but if you have combo or oily skin definitely try this out!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by emilyannh

I have just slathered this on my face for the first time and I am pretty positive this will be HG status for me (if it doesn't break me out, of course.) I put it on right after I got out of the shower, and since I am going to bed I used a bit more than I would usually use... I absolutely love the texture. It is like a thin gel consistency. Does not feel heavy or greasy on my skin at all. There is a scent, but it is kind of like a natural "cool" smell... like cucumbers. Not like a heavy perfume that is going to make my face erupt in cystic acne like most scented products. While it absorbs it feels cool on your skin. Afterwards my skin felt ridiculously smooth and soft and I felt like it wasn't as blotchy as it usually is. I can't wait to see how it acts under my makeup tomorrow. As far as the packaging goes I think it could stand to be in a pump, but as long as I can get it for around $8 I am not complaining.

As far as all this freaking out over the ingredients... you can read the ingredients in a ton of products and find reason to panic. For instance, the bread they use on the McRib sandwich is made out of the same materials they use in yoga mats. You can't escape it. I think if the alcohol were that bad someone on here would have had a reaction. There are too many good reviews. My skin feels sooooo soft. Not drying at all.

Edit: Scratch everything I said. I used this night and day for a few weeks and, while my skin felt baby butt soft after each use and I never had any breakouts, I didn't use it for a day or two and my skin was SO dry. I started peeling even. Now, I do have combination skin leaning towards the dry end of the spectrum, but other than some flakies around my nose and some tightness right after I wash my face it is not that bad. Especially in the 108+ degree Tennessee summer. No. My skin was like dead-of-winter-can't-smile-without-my-face-bleeding dry. Ew. This is now sitting under my bathroom sink with all my other "failed HG" products that I can't seem to throww out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Kkate142

This moisterizer is just plain amazing. It feels nice when you first put it on your skin, and DOES actually moisterize, leaving your skin soft and supple.I love the3 color of this moisterizer to, it is like a pale mint green and it looks so cool.It also smells wonderful.I would totally reccommmend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by PeacefulDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the fact that this moisturizer soothes redness! The texture and scent is also reall nice, the only con is that my face gets kinda greasy during the middle of the day when I use this moisturizer. I think this would be a good moisturizer for people with drier skin.