April 18, 2014 | 1963 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Lengths Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

although the formula is ok, rich color and doesn't clump, I cannot make use of the brush. I prefer ceramide treatment by EA or EL more than mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by shannon02013

I love this! It makes my lashes look so much longer. Whenever I first got it i was iffy about the brush, but it's amazing! It doesn't really make your lashes thicker, but it doesn't clump and it does make them longer!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by smilesmile7890

First of all I have long, droopy Asian eyelashes. That said, this didn't hold the curl that well (better than most other non-waterproof mascaras though). And the wand makes it difficult for my to get the outer lashes effectively. I feel like I have to keep dipping the wand back in the tube to get more product for one coat. It may just be me and my product. But if you have naturally curly lashes I would recommend because it doesn't smudge and it feels like you're not wearing anything! It's super soft and natural. Wish my lashes weren't so depressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by icepunkprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It isn't my HG mascara, but I really do love it. I was convinced that I had obtained all the length my lashes had to give from any mascara, but after recieving a sample of this for free, I realized I was wrong. I truly love it. The formula is nice and I LOVE the brush/comb. It is impossible to poke your eye with this and you can obtain such precision! I can see exactly where it's going and use it to my best advantage. In the downside it make my roots stick together a bit and once it dries, it is done! No more layering for me. Overall i love it though, definately worth the $14 I would pay to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by shelly59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was an impulse buy that I was sure I was going to regret. Not so. I love how this mascara makes my average lashes look very long and flirty. Not a thickener, but a really great extender. Definitely not a "natural" look but worth having in your toolkit.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by lynbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received a sample of HLM in a recent bonus gift. I was pretty curious about the "willow" brush and how it worked. I love it. It can be used for pretty, long, yet natural look. It can also be layered with a volumizing formula (I like MAC PlushLash) for a more dramatic look. The wand takes a little practice, but it's not really that hard. That little sucker does get bottom lashes like nothing I've ever seen, so A+ on that.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this masc really well. It does really lengthen the lashes and helps to curl them up as well -dont need a eye lash curler. dont let the weird brush scare you - I know it looks funky but it works. It does work better if there is not too much product on the applicator, so I dab some off. then just start at the roots and go all the way to the tips. I do one swipe on the outer half and then one on the inner half. No flaking or smudging and if you get it on your lid or anything, just wait until it dries and it wipes right off. At the end of the day it comes off easily with EM remover or warm water, cleanser, etc. Not so fond of this any more. Just cant seem to get enough of it close to my lash base for it to work. Works best when brand new. Went back to Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Tanny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really enjoying this mascara. My lashes stays dark, long and separated all day. It really lengthens beautifully. EDIT: This mascara is by far, the best lengthening mascara I have ever used. I just bought my 3rd tube!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The is the newest mascara innovation from Clinique. First off, let me state I was given a sample of this mascara by Clinique because I work for them as a SA/MA. We were first advised to use this over the existing mascara we were wearing to see how is provided length to any product, which it did. We were also advised that this could be used alone for a more "everyday" look , but layered with a volumizing mascara, such as High Impact. I like using this both ways. If you combine it with a volumizing mascara, you get very dramatic lashes. If you use it on its own you get very defined, long lashes.

The brush/comb does take a bit of getting used to, but once you learn to wiggle it into the base of the lashes and comb out it really produces a nice lash look. You do need to apply two coats for maximum length and some times I just wiggle it into the base of my lashes and comb it out 4-5 times to get the lashes seperated. If you are having clumping issues, simply do as you would with any other wand, wipe it on a paper towel, NOT a tissue. Tissues get caught in the comb, paper towels do not.

If you do choose to purchase this mascara, it's $14 USD at any Clinique counter. I took one lippie off for the learning curve with the "willlow wand" applicator. Price is average and packaging is standard.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by margiemoo

I got a full sized sample of this for free from Clinique and although I am grateful for their generosity, this is probably not a mascara I would recommend. I was surprised by the funky shaped wand and it was okay to use, but as another reviewer mentioned, the length was a bit awkward on my particular eye shape. I used it on a hot day in Melbourne (around 35 degrees Celcius) and when I applied it I immediately regretted it. It went on clumpy and weighed down my lashes, I had to use a lash comb but even then it was not a natural look. I can, however, attest to the lasting power and length it produces. Despite the heat and a full day of classes, it did not smudge. But what's the point in a mascara that doesn't smudge if it starts off clumpy? I guess I am in two minds about this mascara but at the end of the day I wouldn't repurchase it at the RRP of $38AUD.