Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have to say I really love this foundation!

Here's a little back ground in my skin type:
I have dry red pimply cheeks, AKA keratosis pilaris, yet I have really oily spotty T-zone. Combination skin to extremes!
So I can neither buy a dewy glowy foundation which would work on my cheeks but not my T-zone, or a matte foundation which would suit my T-zone yet dry out my cheeks... THIS FOUNDATION IS MY HAPPY MEDIUM!

Coverage:
The coverage is definitely buildable, and will reduce the look of any blemishes and disguise redness. This is not a full coverage foundation, your skin will still look like skin (if that makes sense) it gives a natural yet perfected look which I love. A couple of layers is definitely emough coverage for my cheeks, I use concealer for any pesky blemishes on my T-zone as this foundation alone is not always enough, but that is fine by me!

Color:
I LOVE the color! It has definite yellow undertones, but you will not look like a simpson! It neutralizes your skin in a way, it is truly a very flattering color in my oppinion. I think that these undertones would be flattering for most if not all skin tones! The range is wider than the original healthy mix foundation.

Finish:
The finish is very natural, not matte, not dewy, almost a satin matte? It does not dull out skin, it adds a certain glow without adding shine! Maybe unsuitable for the very driest of skin types unfortunately. But personally i find the finish is perfect for a natural look.

Lasting power:
Lasts well enough for a day at school which says a lot! Obviously won't look as good at the end of the day as when first applied, but definitely good enough!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.
As to comparison to original healthy mix foundation i personally do not notice much of a difference, perhaps the shades are slightly darker? The healthy mix radiance reveal foundation shade range is definitely darker than the healthy mix serum, i found that to be the case with the original too. Definitely my favourite foundation, would definitely recommend to any fellow combination skin gals.

on 8/24/2013 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really do love this foundation, but unfortunately for me it just doesn't last on my oily skin. However if you have dry - normal skin I would highly recommend this foundation, and here's why:

It feels light, the coverage is around medium and it blends perfectly. The finish on me is semi matte and it looks like skin. It reminds me of my Chanel foundation. I was very surprised at the quality of this foundation because it's only £9.99, the packaging is standard - it comes in a plastic bottle with something in the bottle that assures all the product comes out. The reason that I rated the packaging quite high is because they have changed the packaging to a heavy bottle much like the revlon colourstay packaging.

on 8/24/2013 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This drugstore foundation blends easily and give me a dewy finish and does not cake and the quality is as good as the branded ones, without paying too much.

on 8/23/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

i have very oily skin and this foundation oxidised on me within an hour and made my face look super duper oily and waaaayyyyyy darker.i hate it!

on 8/23/2013 3:04:00 PM

It's not the worst foundation I've used but all the reviews I saw before I purchased it I expected a lot more from it. I have dry skin and despite it being a dewy finish quite runny foundation it still clung to all the patches on my face, someone with normal skin who doesn't require a full coverage product would suit this foundation, its a shame the healthy mix does nothing for me because its a reasonable price and has a lovely fruity fresh smell.

on 8/22/2013 4:43:00 PM

I bought two colors, so I can mix them to fix the perfect color when needed. In wintertimes 51 is light enough and during the summer 52 will do ;-) My skintone used to be darker, but the last few years my skin has been tough on me and sitting in the sun, getting a lovely color ain't my game no more. Bourjois helped me out, when I felt a little enhancement was neccessary. So word up B!

on 8/22/2013 3:04:00 PM

The first time I used this foundation, I applied it with a brush and for my typical irish skin it was a shade too orange. This was the lightest shade, shade 51. However after applying it with a sponge I got the most beautiful colour. It isn't perfect but I loved the texture it gave to my skin, its dewy but not oily and with my combination skin it was perfect. To be brutally honest, it lasted about three hours looking almost perfect but then it would start to wear off, but it never looks patchy even at the end of my day so I loved it. The coverage is perfect for all ages, it keeps skin looking like, well, skin and not cakey. However only four stars or whatever you call um because it clings to dry patches... well for me anyway:) All skins different but all in all one of the best drug store foundations I've tried (And Ive tried a lot!) :)

on 8/20/2013 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A great foundation for normal/dry skin, gives a lovely dewy finish.
The coverage is light-medium but buildable without looking cakey.
Fair at around 14 euro at boots.
Also, love the new glass bottle packaging.

THIS FOUNDATION IS AMAZING.
I usually go for my chanel vitalumiere for everyday use, its a great foundation! but i decided i wanted to try a drug store brand so i went for this after reading so many good reviews here in MUA and Im glad i did!
this is the most natural looking foundation I have ever tried - and i have tried alot of high end foundations-
it blends really well on the skin, use a moisturizer before applying it, i use my beauty blender to blend it in, set it with powder and my face looks flawless, fresh and healthy!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

on 8/20/2013 12:18:00 AM

I think I have found my HG foundation! I bought this online through ASOS in the shade 52 Vanilla and it is a fantastic match for my skin which is NC20. It was on special for NZ$13 which is AMAZING because you can't get any foundation for that price here - Revlon Colorstay alone is NZ$45+. Coverage I would say is medium buildable. It evened out my face and slightly covered my cheeks and chin where my blemishes are, and I put on a second layer without it looking cakey. It looks like my skin, but much much better. Not cakey, doesn't settle into fine lines or pores. I like the smell, my personal preference although I know some people don't. It lasts all day too. I apply it with a flat top brush and buff it in, and that leaves a flawless face for me so I'm wary to stray from that method seeing as it works so well for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials