November 23, 2014 | 1902 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good foundation. It goes on and blends easily, wears well, has good (med.) coverage, and gives the skin a nice, subtle glow. A lippie off for the color - the lightest color is a bit yellow and dark for me, and it brings out just a bit of flakiness on my skin for some reason. The healthy mix serum foundation is good as well, but this one works a bit better for my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

First of all..I absolutely adore the fruity smell that comes from this foundation! It's so fresh, light and goes away shortly after application. I own this foundation as well as the Healthy Mix serum version. I enjoy using this version when I am having one of those "bad skin" days - when my skin isn't looking its best. It provides a natural, dewy fresh look that I absolutely adore. Although it is fuller coverage than the serum version, it isn't "heavy" looking at all. I have noticed that when I apply this product with fingers/brush... either way, I will always get a polished look from it. I am approximately a MAC NC 25-30 (Asian with some yellow undertones) and shade #53 suits me the best. I have combination skin so I lightly powder down the t-zone area and leave my cheeks unpowdered. I recommend allowing the foundation to really settle into the skin before powdering/ setting it. The foundation comes in a plastic pump form that allows you to use every ounce of product which is fantastic as you won't waste any product! This is one of my all time favourite foundations so definitely give this a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jessamay

Like many before me, I have read a lot of good reviews on this foundation so I finally bought it even though I am not one to order something from overseas when there are a lot of options closer by (but of course, not this brand). It is a VERY good foundation - probably the best I have tried though I am not a heavy foundation user. I am on my first week of using #51 and the only complaint I have is the smell (I prefer things I put on my face not to have fragrance) but at least it is not strong. The coverage is not heavy at all and it somehow dies down to an almost dewy finish and at my age, dewy is necessary or I look craggy. I was worried right out of the bottle as it seemed thin and kinda dry when it hit my skin but it really settles in without "settling". I am very impressed. For the price (as I am not going to go high end with foundation) it is something I would permanently add to my makeup routine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by amalynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried A LOT of foundations and this is the one I reach for the most. It isn't perfect but it's very good. I use the colour N51 Vanilla clair which is the lightest shade. It is a bit too dark for my skin but the colour is still flattering and fairly neutral in tone, leaning more towards warm rather than cool.

It has a beautiful finish - not the flat matte look but also doesn't make my oily skin look extra shiny, just very natural and radiant. The texture is very smooth and it's very easy to blend - I just use my fingers and I feel it works better that way than with a brush. It doesn't look like you are wearing foundation which is a huge plus.

I would say it has medium coverage. It's good at evening skin tone and covering redness and making blemishes less noticeable although I wouldn't say it completely covers them, nor does it completely cover dark circles... but it does make skin look overall healthier and even. It does not oxidize and looks nice for most of the day. On a long/hot day I will notice a bit of separating on the oiliest parts of my face, but nothing major and much less than I experience with other foundations

And it smells so yummy!

It is sort of expensive, about $30 at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. I got mine from asos.com though. I can't remember how much I paid but it was much better than Shoppers price.

Overall a great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

All respect to the good ingredients, this foundation did not suit me! It accentuates the flakiness on my nose and does not stop oiliness at the same time. My skin is combination, could get somehow oily on the cheeks and forehead and have some flakiness on the nose that shows with certain foundations. This one is one of them, unfortunately. It dries my nose no matter how much moisturizer and scrubbing I do and gets oily in a few hours on the rest of the face.

Impartially, the product itself is good for many people, but not for me although I tried soooo hard to like it.

My colour is 52 vanilla but could get 53 Light Beige (NC25-30 in MAC).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

After my success with the other excellent foundation by Bourjois 123 Perfection (which is a dupe of Chanel matte lumiere) and since growing older (I might be moving on a new age box in a year....) means you need dewier foundations I thought I should give this a try.

Another HG!!!! Even better that the 123 foundation, mostly in terms of finish and consistency. Feels light and fresh on application, covers nicely, really gives a healthy look to the skin, without being overly glowy or shiny in any way.
It stays put for a fair amount of time on my combi to oily skin, I would say for 4-5 hours. It does tranfer a bit on hands, if you have the bad habit of touching your face, like me. It does not oxidize over my sunscreen.
Smells delightfully upon application and then the scent fades away.

The packaging was perfect. Now it is being replaced by Bourjois from another version "Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal", which I'm about to try. The new packaging is made of glass and its bottom does not elevate with use like it used to, which is a bummer, but that won't keep me from trying it of course.
I will review the new one once I am ready.
For reference I wear 53 Light Beige and I am a EL DW 2N2, Guerlain Ligenrie De Peau No 3, NC 25.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the foundation in 51 Vanille Clair. My skin is very fair (Nars sheer glow foundation is pale enough, Paula's choice Resist foundation is perfectly pale) and this shade, which is the lightest, is too dark. Note that the foundation is slightly lighter than the healthy mix serum version. I can see also that there are no shades for dark skin shades so this is a negative.

Also this foundation contains perfume and denatured alcohol, both only half way down the list of ingredients too, and these are both irritants. Yes it smells fruity and yummy :L, but this is nooot good for skin and may cause spots and over production of oil as a skin reaction.

There is a claim of fruit antioxidants in this foundation and even if they were beneficial to begin with, the clear packaging will do nothing to keep them stable - the sun will break down the antioxidants before they can benefit you so if this was something you wanted from this product, search elsewhere.

This is a shame as the foundation is a blendable one with medium coverage possible. The texture is on the drier side but leaves a slight glow to the skin. A pleasure to wear and lasts most of the day on my very dry/ very oily skin, but does nothing to help either of my skin issues as it does not moisturize or absorb oil - but if you control these issues with moisturizers and powder this isn't an issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Alanna22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very surprised that I like this product!
I am an NC15 and the colour 51 is a perfect match to my skin tone. I think it's the best match I've ever had.
Pros - Looks absolutely beautiful on the skin, has a healthy sort of look but not too shiny.
Colour is perfect for my pale NC15 skin. One pump is enough for sheer to medium coverage, possibly buildable, but I don't think you'll get full coverage. You don't look like you are wearing make up.
Cons - the lasting power isn't quite as good as say Double Wear. Also some of my large pores could be seen (a primer could probably sort out both these issues).
over all id say this foundation is worth a try for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Ummie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I'm using shade 55 in dark beige. It leaves a dewy healthy effect on my face. Most importantly, my face didn't break out. One of my fave foundations that I used on daily basis. I normally use my Sigma flat top Kabuki to even out the foundation. I'm on my 2nd bottle now. Love it. Definitely will repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by waRney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like this alot! I've used the Healthy Mix Serum foundation before and I feel like it is the same as this one. Same smell, same finish. Not sure though if there is any difference between the two...but there probably is.

Anyways, the only reason I chose to buy this new foundation is because they have much more shades(maybe only in where I live) compared to the Healthy Mix.
But either way, I love this foundation!

Coverage is kinda light, but there's nothing a concealer can't do right? ;)
Smell is AMAZING!
The finish, in my opinion is kind of between semi-matte and dewy.

Give it a try!