October 30, 2014 | 1559 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Nutty

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually would like to give this product a 3.5. OK...maybe 3.7. It's really, really hard for me to not take the price into account when writing this review! I mean it's just so cheap. I will try though, because I think it's important to use products that preform well regardless of how much or how little they cost.

The texture and color of this eyeshadow is so great. No CoverGirl gritty sparkle-chunks here! It's a very finely milled powder that is pigmented just the right amount. I find that MAC and other high-end eyeshadows are sometimes too pigmented for me for just a day time look so this is a nice change. Nutty is shimmery/sparkly without being overly sparkly and the shade is really flattering on my pale skin and green eyes. No CoverGirl sparkle-chunks here! I wear this alone or with a little eyeliner, just in a soft wash over my eyelid. It blends well too.

However, after a 3-4 hours it starts to go badly. Yes, it creases, it fades, it will smear off your eyes if you rub it. Yes, even with primer. I'm sorry, but it does. I wish it was as long-lasting as some of my more expensive shadows but no, it's cheap :(

The strange thing is that the creasing/fading doesn't really bother me that much. I just swipe my finger across my eyelid crease to get it back to normal. It fades really nicely too, if there is such a thing! I find that the brown/taupe tint will stay for a long time, even if it's not as bold and fades evenly with no blotchiness. I don't put it on that heavily in the first place, so I find that the problems with this shadow are not that noticeable.

I actually really like the packaging. It's compact and doesn't come with one of those useless sponge tipped things.

So ya, I will continue to wear this ever day! I'll just make sure to fix that nasty crease!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great. For the price ($1.99), you really can't go wrong. The only issue I have with it is I'm not crazy about the packaging (sometimes the hinge lid is hard to open). It goes on such a lovely taupey, brownish, tan color with gold shimmer. This shadow can be used as an all over lid color, crease, outer V, etc. I bet ladies with darker skin could use this as a gorgeous inner corner or highlighting color too. It is subtle but not boring at all. I just wish they had a wider color range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a great taupe shade. It's just the right amount of silver. The payoff is really great, and the I love using it everyday with just a bit of brown liner. The staying power is great, but I do use primer with it, so I can't really say what it's like without it. I haven't tried any of the other colors, but I will definitely keep buying this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by socalgirl01

this is one of my go to eyeshadows when i am feeling lazy, i have gotten so many compliments on this color. I feel like it makes my eyes look even brighter. It has a wonderful color pay off, and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by itsastreetlight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nutty didn't crease on me at all and is such a nice taupe shimmer/sheen. Good for beginners.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by starapples

I got this buy one get one 50% off at Rite Aid, so I helped myself to this and Brulee for $3...!! Such a good deal for really good eyeshadows! Nutty is a very pretty taupe color, perfect for an everyday neutral look. I usually wear it with Brulee all over the lid with Nutty on the outer corner and crease. It's really pigmented and the formula is super soft and fine. It also somehow manages to stay on my lids pretty well and not crease too much even though I have oily eyelids and always need a primer. Reiterating many of the reviews, the packaging is a little hard to open, but I do appreciate it being small and non-bulky. Very small inconvenience for a great product at only $2. I'm really liking these color icon singles (I also have Penny) and hope they never discontinue them!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by lmaha87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Heard rave reviews for the Color Icon eyeshadow palettes so when I saw this at Walgreen's, I saw Nutty and knew I had to try it since I'm a taupe fanatic.

I didn't expect this eyeshadow to be as good as it is. It goes on smoothly, blends easily, and is versatile for both daytime and nightime looks.

A great eyeshadow especially for the price. You seriously can't go wrong trying this out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Found this and due to MUA raves I snapped it up! This is a great dupe for my beloved MAC Satin Taupe that I gave away a couple years ago and never replaced. Where it's not exactly the same shade, it's a bit lighter from what I remember, it's just as good and for a bargain price to boot. What I also love about this is that along with the silver shimmer it has green and copper shimmer. Gorgeous! My only complaints are that 1) it's so soft and there is fallout 2) the compact isn't that sturdy and 3) the shadow breaks easily so don't drop them! I accidentally dropped one while in store and it shattered to bits in the pan. Price is fantastic at $2! A steal! I hope that WnW keeps up the good work and brings out more fun and department store comparable shades!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ckunkel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have alot of pink undertones and this turns orangey on me. It's actually a pretty ugly color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by fluttergurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeshadow so much; I use it almost daily for a soft daytime look. It's glam enough to make you feel pretty and like you're wearing something nice on your lids but not heavy or dark enough to make you feel like you're wearing too much makeup at 9am at the office. Almost every e/s creases on me, but this shadow doesn't. You can't beat the price either.

I just hate the packaging. I've broke quite a few nails opening the container. I'd recommend depotting this.