September 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I really like the coverage and silky feel of this foundation, but as the weeks went on I realized it was accentuating my pores (although I have dry-combo skin) and it did not control oil at all on my nose. The yellow tones are great for covering redness, but it was the fact that it just looked greasy and like it was lifting off my skin by the end of the day. I tried it by itself with my normal concealer and then I tried it over my staple Aromaleigh glissade. Putting it over the glissade helped but still had problems with it making my pores more visible. So i went back to using my Physician Formulas talc-free loose minerals over my glissade and I am loving the poreless look it gives me. So even though I liked the color selection and some aspects of the coverage, I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation!

My general philosophy with foundation is, if I can't sleep with it on/workout, I won't (and probably shouldn't) wear it. If you're worried about your skin absorbing it, you probably shouldn't put it on your face.

My first rave about mineral makeup in general is that the samples are easy to come by with every brand. Pay a couple bucks in shipping and you have a bunch of 5g samples to play with and mix to your heart's content.

I had used Alima for awhile but gradually lost interest in it because it's texture is chalky and if I'm going to wear makeup around my boyfriend, it has to be invisible or else he gives me the look like I've drank the red patriarchy beauty myth cool-aid.

Lucy minerals have a satiny feel to them and they blend like a dream. I also found the color selection to be superior. They have foundation in every shade but also every undertone from pink to yellow to olive to neutral. For less than $10, I bought six samples and had enough where I could pick my perfect match. I will definitely be purchasing the full size.

ETA: The color match on this is great, but the formula makes my skin really oily, which mine is actually on the dry side. Within a few hours of application, it sort of melts off and rings my pores. No breakouts and great color match, I've been mixing it with another powder to increase it's lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by stefyandryan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I want to start out saying that this is my HG mmu!!!! I love it! The color is spot on. I am 50% white and 50% pale olive. She mixed it for me and it is wonderful. It lasts, it covers and has not caused one breakout or clog! I will continue to buy this forever! The price is right, there are so many different formulas to choose from, the samples are awesome and last a pretty long time the shipping is fast and she will mix what ever your colors are if you can't find a perfect match.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by c0lap1nada

I've been trying samples, and the first time I tried it, I thought it was bloody amazing (minus the packaging; they were sent in little bags which ended up all over the tissue paper wrapping). After a couple times, I realized neither silica nor calcium carbonate formulas controlled oil, and the pores of my nose were emphasized. It actually looks like black dots on my nose so... I think a primer will fix the job. Nonetheless, the rest of my face looked great and more natural than using liquid foundation. I'm using Creamy Bisque in Calcium Carbonate, but will try more of the normal formula (silica formula doesn't control oil and it emphasizes pores more than the calcium carbonate formula.)

For reference:
NC20-25, #564 in Shu Uemura, #102 in IPSA, #2 in ELDWL

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by LadyBull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got several samples based on the reviews here. This is just average for me. I've tried several brushes to see if that was the culprit,but it's the formula. It accentuates my pores and have had little oil control. I got samples of both types of oil control formulas and one works better than the other, but not by much. I had really high hopes for this. I hope to have an update as I haven't given up on this just yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by janycevw

best make up ever

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by jazzbird925

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very disappointed in this product. I've used several other of the popular mineral makeups and although coverage is typically good, all have been drying and powdery. That said, my expectations, based on other reviews, were that Lucy would be a fabulous alternative. Unfortunately, it is not and in fact, I see no difference from the others. Although a bit pricey - $40 - I will stick to Makeup Forever, High Definition Foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Bertie

I can't recommend this foundation highly enough. In the past I've bought the lot - chanel, lancome, armani, l'oreal, max factor etc. etc. High end, low end and all in the middle. But my search for my HG foundation continued. After reading reviews on MUA, I sent off for samples. I use Shell Beige with the finishing powder. It's fabulous stuff. I have bad skin and would always be on the lookout for something to give me that flawless look. It takes about two minutes to apply in the morning, and I don't have to touch up during the day. Everyone has commented on how nice my skin looks. It's even made my skin much nicer - less red, more even tone. A warning, however - when you load up your brush with powder, give it a few blows to get rid of the excess. The only way you can go wrong with LM is if you apply too much. Regarding shipping, I live in London, UK. I paid for the express delivery and it arrived after eight days. I've now thrown out the hundreds of bottles of liquid and cream foundation that I'd bought over the years. Buy this foundation. You will not regret it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by greenleaftree

I have been using this product for 2 months and wow I am so impressed by it!
First of all let me state that my skin type is very oily...as in by noon time my face has a thick layer of oil. Second of all I get cystic acne every one in a while (especially during that time of the month) and have sensitive skin to top it all off.
So now that I have stated the fragile condition of my skin let me tell you how much this product has helped my skin. I purchased the Oil Control Foundation in Light Medium with Calcium Carbonate. Unlike silicone based oil control foundations, Calcium Carbonate keeps my face matte all day while not clogging my pores. I am so happy that this stuff actually stays on my face all day, since my oily skin usually makes EVERYTHING melt off in a couple of hours. Not only that, I admit I have fallen asleep with this foundation on many times and I have never gotten any acne breakout from this!
I have medium light beige skin with yellow undertones. Even though I only chose 2 samples, I found my perfect match with Light Medium, which shows how accurate their swatches are.
A few notes about this foundation is that it can emphasize flaky skin (as all mineral foundations do) so I need to make sure to moisturize and exfoliate. A little goes a long way so I have to be careful not to look cakey. I think it is a bit easy to cake because it is so creamy, even though it is a powder. I see this as a good thing because it I means I can use less (I am only half way through my samples in 2 months). The coverage can be medium to heavy, depending how much I put on. However, since I have dark purple acne spots, I still have to use concealer. Also, I agree with the other review how it mostly needs to be patted on since its so creamy. It is easy to remove even though it is creamy.
All in all, this is the best foundation I have ever used and I plan to repurchase it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My boyfriend said today, when I was wearing this foundation; " your skin smells amazing! And it's lovely and glowly! What are you wearing?" and I told it was this, so he replied; "wow use this! Normal foundation is grotesque! It makes you look like an orange cake! I would rather see a spotty, greasy face than a face caked in shit!"

And believe me I only ever use high end stuff - and he's seen me with many different types of makeup - and trust me - it's not even orange orange! But everything does tend to look cakey - flakes, plastered - as I need full cover!

But this clears my skin up - you have to make sure you apply a little! Otherwise it looks an odd colour! It lasts a fair amount of time - 5 or 6 hours - imgetti g some sealer spray to help it last.

It has really cleared up my skin - I have or had moderate acne and now spots that lasted a week with good skin care - now last a couple of days with no skin care routine!

I love how instead of my other chemical laden makeup - it's anti ageing and clears up my acne rather than creating it! I may be imagining but even my scars are decreasing! It's awesome! I'm now out to find some good mineral concealer for extra coverage!

Ugh.. don't like this anymore. It does not last - the pink based colour is too pink based - it dries up in patches on my skin :( but it has sparked a love for minerals...sort of...after I try Nars Sheer Glow :)