November 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by regenton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best eyeshadow primers I have used - it is a soft biscuity-colour base that smooths evenly over the lid. It intensifies my eye shadows holds them in place all day, reducing creases and little bits falling onto my cheek. It also helps my eyeliner to stay put, so fewer cases of the dreaded "panda eyes"!

On the down side, I did not have much luck using this as a base for concealer under my eyes - I found it way too heavy, and it made the concealer look packed on under my eyes. I tried using different quantities of the primer - from a big gloop to a tiny dot - but didn't have any successs. Just keeping this for my lids.

My other problem is the pump which, if you press on it fully, dispenses way too much product. I have mastered the art of featherlight touch when I use this, and barely depress the pump to get a pea-sized amount on my finger - enough for both of my eyelids.

You can't just trowel this on your eyelids and expect it to work magic, you have to blend it gently, particularly at the corners of the eye, or there could be a little creasing and thickness there, but this is very little work for a good payoff.

Will repurchase

There is lots product, so it is good value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by jessicalynnr

I reeeeally love this product! It made my eye shadow stand out alot more than any other eye shadow primer i've used! My shadow lasted a long time and didn't crease! Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Best lid primer I have EVER used, and I feel like i've used practically all of them. Everytime I opt for SDS, which I use as a 360 primer (so under my eyes too) i get told I look fresh and wide-eyed. Shadow does not crease, and it has a great consistency that is not oily. I also use this on red pimples as a primer and i love how it neutralizes them. I will continue to buy this.. I just wish this was a squeeze tube, it is hard to judge how much is left. But I love it either way. If you love UDPP eden, switch to this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraW21

Best Primer Ever. Doesn't crease or go greasy. Tried the Mac Eye Primer and regretted it. I will never stray from Benefit Primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by samanthaxmariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is so-so. I got the sample size in the One Prime Day kit, and I'm happy I tested it first because I wouldn't buy the full size product. I was actually disappointed when I tried this because I've heard such great things about it. I guess I'll go over the cons first; there's really only one big one - It doesn't make my shadow last all day! I noticed creasing pretty quickly, which really made me sad, not gonna lie. After about 8 hours, the creasing was very very bad, as if I had used no primer.

Now for the pros: I love the consistency. It evens out my skin so that any veins or discoloration are completely gone. Also, it makes the eye shadow color really pop and look vibrant.

Overall, I'm not excited about this. I guess I was expecting too much. I will not repurchase. I find that my MAC Paint Pots work much better as a base than this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I actually really liked this product! I used it mostly as a concealer, because it's thick enough that I don't have to layer anything else on top of it. It did not settle into fine lines at all! It was a little bit drying on my lids, but for people with oily eyelids it might be better. If you have lots of blemishes or dark circles I can't see this being very helpful, but if you're like me and need a light little "pick-me-up" under the eyes and hate the look of cakey concealer, it's worth a try!

Packaging is meh, but those of you who pumped out way too much just need to learn the trick to it - the MUA at Benefit told me not to push the cap down all the way, just kind of apply minimal pressure and let the stuff sort of ooze out. It's dumb and they need to fix it, but this kept me from getting way too much product out of the container.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by LittleAmanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually liked this, quite a lot. The only primer I had ever used before was UDPP and I really didn't think anything would compare. I got this in a sample, after I had run out of my UDPP. I figured, some eye primer was better than no eye primer and didn't have the cash right away to replace the UDPP, so I used it. I like the consistency. It's less "tacky" feeling, and doesn't at all cake. It's a nude color- keeps eyeshadow in place and makes the color pop. I do not use it for a concealer primer. I can't comment on the packaging as I have a sample and the full size appears to have a pump (the sample is a tube with wand), and I saw that the full size price was a little more expensive than a full size UDPP. I think I will probably keep using UDPP when this runs out, but if ever I can't get my hands on it, I will know which primer to get as a back up. And if you are not a fan of UDPP, I would definitely say "Try this one". It's really great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by koturek4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im hooked! I bought this product out of desperation after I went through countless eye primers that dried out and irritated my eyes. I immediately fell in love. Works well and makes my eyeshadow look fresh all day long. It is a little pricey but lasts a long time if you use it wisely. A little bit goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by underage

This is the best primer ever!!! I only use it for my eyelids but it is amazing. I used to go through tubes of UDPP but I've only had a SAMPLE of Benefit Stay Don't Stray since Christmas and it hasn't run out! It doesn't get dry and cakey like UDPP can be and it has the same lasting power for me. You only need the tiniest amount which is why I haven't had to purchase the full size yet so I can't really comment on the actual packaging. My eyelids are not oily at all so I'm not sure how it would work on oily eyelids but my mom is pretty oily and she loves this stuff too! I definitely recommend going to your Benefit counter and seeing if they have any samples of this! You won't regret it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Flickerini

I found the packaging on this really hard to use - a lot of product would usually come out, which I would then have to wipe off my hand with a tissue and throw away. once on, the product seemed to work well on my eyelids, but was too drying under the eyes and made concealer more noticeable. as I got about 2-3 weeks into the tube, it started to come out separated as well, and it did NOT want to re-blend! I have actually ended up throwing the product away without finishing it which is very disappointing.