BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

on 2/9/2012 6:20:00 PM

I love Benefit. No, really. Every other benefit product I have is ace. This doesn't work. At all. On any level. It is actually amazing in its abject refusal to do any of the things it claims it will do. I do, admittedly, have oily eye lids, but do you want to know how long it took for my eye make up to smudge? Do you? Oh, okay, I shall tell you. TEN MINUTES. As in, quicker than if I were to put no primer on at all.

As for being a concealer primer, now, here it does something special. It makes the concealer gather into your lines in the most bizarre manner whilst also drying the under eye area. Nice.

It is nearly twenty quid. When I returned it to the shop, the benefit lady suggested that perhaps I was not applying it correctly. I assured her I had, due to my magical ability to read and understand diagrams, and then I had to stare at her for a bit before she would take the thing back. For twenty quid, I would expect a primer to work, and also to perhaps dance the macarena and bring its own wine. Which, incidentally, the Nars one does. Work, that is. If it dances the macarena it must do it when I am asleep.

on 1/30/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

my eyeshadow AND under eye concealer creases with this primer. this doesnt make colors appeae vibrant, the color still fades away, its just horrible. worst product from benefit since all benefit products ive tried were amazing.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is an amazing product! And its way more than just a primer.

I put this on after foundation and before concealer and eye makeup. It neutralises the redness on my lids and darkness in the corners and under eyes and stays matte which is brilliant!!! consistency similar to touche eclat or loreal mineral concealer. The colour is perfect, its yellowly which is great for my olive skin ( im NC 35 in studio fic mac foundation) and when i ran out of concealer once, i wasnt to worried becuase this has great coverage!

It lasts ages too, i had mine for about 5 months, and does stop eyeshadow from creasing, i know this becuase i always wear a heavy smokey eye.

Packaging is always great from benefit. Love this product, was pleasently surpised, i didnt expect much from an eye primer but it practically erases my dark circle combines with concealer so this is staying in my make up bag forever!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I personally dont see the problem everyone has with this product. I got this product recently and I have not found any problems with it. It brightened my eyeshadow without altering the shade of the eyeshadow. My eye makeup did not crease for about 7 or 8 hours which is very good. I love this and I dont see why it gets a bad rating. I would definately recommend this to everyone!!

on 1/4/2012 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of Stay Don't Stray and decided to give it a test run in place of Urban Decay Primer Potion, which is the primer I use on a day to day basis. Upon application I found it to feel almost sticky. I didn't have any problems applying eye shadow over it, but I did notice that unlike most primers, it did not enhance the color of my shadow. In fact, it muted the color and altered it so much that it looked like an entirely different shade! The staying power was also dismal, as my eyeshadow creased around four hours later (with UDPP most shadows last at least 8 hours, if not longer). I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt, however, and tested it with another eyeshadow (by a different brand) the next day. However, once again it altered the color of the shadow on my lid and the shadow creased only a few hours later. I would skip this one!

on 1/3/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I can't believe there's so many negative reviews! I got this in a sample at ulta and fell in love. Ive used urban decay primer potion for years and this is my favorite find so far. The color is perfect on my skin and I actually suit as a concealer on its own sometimes. The price is steep but that what you come to expect with benefit. Don't go in for benefit expected drugstore prices. I'm not a big benefit fan and most products are hit and miss but I'm really impressed by this stuff

on 12/5/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Didn't work for me. It concealed fairly well but utterly failed to keep my eyeliner from transferring. I applied this at 8:30 in the morning and, when I checked around noon, I was dismayed to see panda eyes dolefully staring back in the mirror. At this price -- $30 Canadian -- this product should perform, even on my oily eyelids. Back it goes.

on 12/1/2011 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

way too expensive, and does not compare at all to shadow insurance or primer potion. i do like the colour of it, though... but i can get the same colour in primer potion eden. not a horrible product, but not a great one either. just so so.

on 11/21/2011 4:44:00 PM

I made a video on youtube regarding this product in case someone is interested:

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I really tried using this product, I really did. I tried dotting above my eyes. I tried using wet, dry, creamstick, eyeliner, and other kinds of eyeshadow/product on top of it. Without fail, my eyeshadow would be creased within 4 hour hours, and my eyes would be burning by the end of the night. It did make my eyeshadow colors stand out and look more bright, but as far as having them stay on my eyes, it did not work. Also, I tried using it as a primer for under eyes or as it's own concealer, as a youtube video suggested. I would not attempt this as there's not enough coverage and if your eyes water or are sensitive like mine, it will be painful.

Video Reviews & Tutorials