August 1, 2014 | 1180 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by LittleAmanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually liked this, quite a lot. The only primer I had ever used before was UDPP and I really didn't think anything would compare. I got this in a sample, after I had run out of my UDPP. I figured, some eye primer was better than no eye primer and didn't have the cash right away to replace the UDPP, so I used it. I like the consistency. It's less "tacky" feeling, and doesn't at all cake. It's a nude color- keeps eyeshadow in place and makes the color pop. I do not use it for a concealer primer. I can't comment on the packaging as I have a sample and the full size appears to have a pump (the sample is a tube with wand), and I saw that the full size price was a little more expensive than a full size UDPP. I think I will probably keep using UDPP when this runs out, but if ever I can't get my hands on it, I will know which primer to get as a back up. And if you are not a fan of UDPP, I would definitely say "Try this one". It's really great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by koturek4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im hooked! I bought this product out of desperation after I went through countless eye primers that dried out and irritated my eyes. I immediately fell in love. Works well and makes my eyeshadow look fresh all day long. It is a little pricey but lasts a long time if you use it wisely. A little bit goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by underage

This is the best primer ever!!! I only use it for my eyelids but it is amazing. I used to go through tubes of UDPP but I've only had a SAMPLE of Benefit Stay Don't Stray since Christmas and it hasn't run out! It doesn't get dry and cakey like UDPP can be and it has the same lasting power for me. You only need the tiniest amount which is why I haven't had to purchase the full size yet so I can't really comment on the actual packaging. My eyelids are not oily at all so I'm not sure how it would work on oily eyelids but my mom is pretty oily and she loves this stuff too! I definitely recommend going to your Benefit counter and seeing if they have any samples of this! You won't regret it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Flickerini

I found the packaging on this really hard to use - a lot of product would usually come out, which I would then have to wipe off my hand with a tissue and throw away. once on, the product seemed to work well on my eyelids, but was too drying under the eyes and made concealer more noticeable. as I got about 2-3 weeks into the tube, it started to come out separated as well, and it did NOT want to re-blend! I have actually ended up throwing the product away without finishing it which is very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

BeneFit was overreaching when they marketed Stay Don't Stray as a 2-in-1 product, which is too bad because it's a fantastic primer. As a concealer, however, it is a disaster. It's too liquid to stay put or build up to average coverage, and the color is far too light, even for my NC15 skin. I suspect that the packaging is also dragging SDS's rating down. And yes, it is every bit as bad as its reputation would suggest. Dispensing a reasonable amount of product is a Herculean task, so every time you use this, you have to throw away much of what you've dispensed, not good considering the comically high price tag.

In spite of these sins, I would purchase this product again because it is far and away my favorite eyeshadow primer of all those I've tried (NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, MAC paint pots, UDPP, and Too Faced Shadow Insurance). What's unique about SDS is that it provides a good base for eyeshadow and still allows me to blend powder shadows on my lid. The other primers were too "grabby." SDS's color also happens to be a perfect match for me, so it conceals any discolorations on my lid and brow, creating a perfect canvas for eye makeup. Those with medium or dark skin will probably find the color too light.

I apply a thin layer of SDS to my lids and brow with my ring finger, alternating dabbing and blending. Then I let it sit while I apply foundation and concealer. The sitting is key because this product will crease when it is drying. When it does dry and crease, I just smooth it out, and then I can rely on a crease-free foundation for the rest of the day!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

I found this to be a decent primer. I like how opaque it made my eyelids after applying, it really leaves a bit more of an ivory color to the lid than other primers I have tried. I think performance wise this was good, but not great. My eyeshadow lasts for probably 6 or 7 hours before creasing. I'll stick with UDPP because it keeps creasing away for much longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Stinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this is the kit from Benefit for $10. This is my favorite item of the three. I don't even use the cream eyeshadow b/c my lids are so oily. But this helps keep my powder eyeshadows in place for the day

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by afinem3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a sample of this after I purchased a concealer from Benefit. Saw it lying around one day so I picked it up and decided to use it but after two uses, I discarded it. Don't even bother. It's not worth it. Your shadows will just end up in your crease.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I rarely throw products away. This one hit my trashcan after one use.

I thought I would give it a try because I had a free sample of it laying around. I put it on around 11am and just did a simple all over color on my lid. My lids still looked pretty good at 3pm, so I thought all the horrible things I had heard about it must not be true. I was wrong. When 6pm rolled around all I had was one big crease line on both lids. Very unattractive. I'll stick with my UDPP or Chanel base which have yet to crease on me even after a full day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I usually put concealer on my nose due to my stubborn blackheads and it slides off within a couple of hours. With this it stays put :) It good on the eyes too, although I mostly bought it for the concealer.
However the pump is a bit awkward as it catches and you end up pumping out more than you need.
If I have money to spare when I run out, I'd buy it again, but it wouldn't be a must - have.