April 17, 2014 | 1712 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by theserpentsapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner, actually. I have the black, so I can't comment on the other colors.

I like that it's a brush tip vs a felt tip pen, which is hard to find. I feel like I have a lot of control with it. I can create crisp delicate lines or bolder lines easily. Also, this liner doesn't burn my lids like some other liquids do.

I store it on it's side and I haven't had any problems with it drying out. This liner goes on really easily, is completely opaque (for me) and stays all day. I actually have to work to get it off of my lids.

It is not a matte finish, though. It's shiny and some days, shiny doesn't work with my look. The only time I don't use this liner when I'm wearing liquid is when I specifically want a matte finish. Other than that, this is my go-to black liquid liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Ginger1234

Tattoo Liner is completely goof-proof!! The color I have is Skater (navy blue) and it is by far my favorite eyeliner. My main goal with eyeliner is to find an everyday look where it may not look like I'm wearing eyeliner but as if my eyes are naturally this pretty. Tattoo Liner's tip is almost like a small paint brush and I am able to draw right at the base of my lashes. I like it better than the tokidoki Perfetto eyeliner because the tip on that one is too rigid and it highlights every mistake I make. Tattoo Liner's tip makes it so easy to apply a straight line and hides every little bump of my hand. The navy color is fairly sheer but deepens with additional layers.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by emo231

So, I have been on the search for a very black eyeliner. I am a dark skinned African American woman, and black eyeliner never seems to look that black on me. Based on the reviews on here, I really thought this was it. However, I really found this product to be rather mediocre. It does not go on very well and it's not that black! Sigh. I also prefer liners that are more like pens, so it is easier to draw on. I would definitely choose the Revlon Color-Stay eyeliner over this any day. Overall, Iím not too impressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Trixity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in trooper at Sephora a couple months back and I must say, I love it! It is a little pricey (I think I paid about $18 for it) but it is worth every cent.
Pros:
-Goes on very dark & very opaque.
-Easy to use
-Doesn't smear at all!
-Quick drying
-Stays on all day without fading
-Brush tip lets you create thin and thick lines effortlessly.
- Perfect if you want a winged look.
-Some of the other liquid eyeliners I've used come off SO easily. I could just splash a little bit of water on my eyes and it would all come off. This doesn't come off as easily as those other liners. It will stay put if it comes in contact with water, but you can easily take it off using makeup remover.

Cons:
The price? That's all I can really think of.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a LOT of experience with liquid and gel eyeliners, and This is a great liner one of the greatest. I can get a perfect black-lined cat eye in seconds. It lasts forever,but comes off easily. The black stays true and doesn't fade to grey like someother blacks. I love artliners, but the brush on this is easier to work with and creates a cleaner line. I'll repurchase this for sure, I also want to try the geisha ink (although it's much more expensive and probably a very similar product)

EDIT: I purchased this in Biker, which is supposed to be a dark grey. I even sampled it in the store: it came out grey. I got it home and it's a light silver verging on blue! I like the colour (I wouldn't have purchased it if I knew how it would wear) and I'm hoping maybe after I break it in more it will come out a dark grey. Weird!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

The eyeliner of my dreams. I have oily lids and wear eyecream and my entire existence is a fight against panda eyes. All eyeliners smear on me, it's a given. The only ones I've been able to count on are MAC Liquidlast and Kat's other liquid liners. This beats them out because it looks softer than they do (and most other liquid liners) and lasts forever. I can't tell you what a relief it is to look in my rearview mirror at the end of a hot day running errands and see that my eyeliner is still on and in place. It's a miracle.

I should note that trying it on in Sephora didn't impress me; it seemed streaky and skippy and just kind of weak. Luckily it goes on smoothly and looks great. So if you're looking for an eyeliner that lasts forever but you want something less harsh than the typical liquid look, try this. You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I freakin love this eyeliner!!! I'm an eyeliner junkie, always on the look out for easy, quick to use eyeliner that stays put and this one really does the job! I have always been realllly bad at applying liquid eyeliner, either the line is too thick or it looks rigid, but this is effortless, fool proof....seriously! It glides on so easily and stays all day! This price is the only problem, it's a big steep at $18 but I will have to repurchase, I feel like throwing all my other eyeliners away now! I rarely ever say this but this is HG all the way!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by agingfast

I purchased this (in Trooper) based on outstanding MUA reviews, and wound up returning it to Sephora - something I very rarely do. I was hoping the MA I talked to at Sephora could tell me what I was doing wrong, but had no luck with that. The product both blobbed and skipped and sort of beaded up on me, and much of it flaked off in no time. Figuring maybe the contents weren't mixed well, I I tried shaking the heck out of the product, wiping the tip lightly before application, making sure my skin was super clean, trying it over a thin wash of primer, going over it with various brushes - just about everything I could think of - but still it beaded up. And it performed even worse on my waterline. It was also fairly shiny, and I prefer a more matte liner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this because of a YouTube review and since I have really oily eyelids I really need something that will stay and give me great cat eyes.. so I went to sephora and bought it.. tried it the next day and WOW.. is this stuff really pigmented.. and goes on so smooth. The staying power is really great and my wings come out so perfect! Will keep purchasing.. worth all $18.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sami242

Great product! Creates any size line you want, easy to apply. Water resistant so it doesn't smudge but it is not water proof. Stays on all day without smudging or smearing. Affordable price. I purchased a different pen liquid eye liner prior to this one that was double the price and I was only half as satisfied with it. Very black colour is great for creating bold eyes or cat eyes.