September 1, 2014 | 1968 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I discovered my HG liner! I prefer the Tattoo liner in the dark brown, called Maya, which I gave to a friend. My favorite is the tattoo liner in Trooper, a deep true black, which I also gave as a present. I liked those 2 colors enough to keep and repurchase. I tried a few other colors on the back of my hand at Sephora but found some went on really light. Also, I always check the Tattoo eyeliners before I buy them. Some are messy as they are exploding with too much ink. Some seem dried up already. Some people who did not like this product might have bought one of the faulty ones. The Tattoo liner has a firm, thin brush. However, I find I sometimes still make the line thicker than I'd like... so I sometimes use a Q-Tip to make corrections or "erase" altogether and start over. It is long lasting and has stayed on through tears and swimming alike! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by SweetTartx3

amazing eye liner. if youre a beginner with eyeliner go for this one. applies really well and easily. ive been wearing eyeliner for about 3-4 years and it never gets easy but now it is. now it only takes like 5mins or less for both eyes. and it really does stay on. once i took a shower with this on and it did not smudge or anything at all! but i have to admit theres not alot of product in there for the price... still love it. and maybe ill buy it again. we'll see how long it will last me.
EDIT ON 3/13/11
hate it!!!! uhhhgg i am so disappointed in this!!! its totally dried out now!
the first week was amazingggg! now its just straight up shit! uhhhh and its so freakin expensive and now its dry... fuck this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This was my first experience with liquid liner so I can't compare to any other ones, but I think that this has been a fantastic introduction. The liner comes in a simple and easy to handle container, the colour is pitch black, and it is completely waterproof and lasts all day. The hairs on the brush never splay or go in all directions, and the colour glides on easily. With a steady hand you can make a perfect cat's eye in seconds. As the previous reviewer mentioned, it can also be used to make "tattoos" on the body, as even soap and water can not remove it, but it comes off easily with my trusty Neutrogena Oil-Free makeup remover. I think I'll be sticking to this liner for a while before experimenting with others.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Francepants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My Verdict:
Brilliant.

My third liquid liner to be purchased.
I was quite impressed with this product because the last time I used a felt-tipped liner, the ink would dry before it hit my eyelid. *sad face*

From Kat Von D's eyeliner selection, I have the colour "Trooper". It's essentially the black colour of the colours offered.

-Tip is extremely, to-the-max pointed.
-Simple and easy to create thick/thin lines.
-Wonderfully pigmented.
-Felt-tip does not splay/fray
-Push the felt-tip down into the cover to attain more fluid (convenient)
-Exterior packaging is beautiful and simple. Nothing to fancy and blinding.

BTW, this can be used on the body as well. That's sort of why it's called a "Tattoo" liner. This is because it's water-resistant and has a very fine point.

The price is reasonable.
This liner retails for USD$18.
Around CAD$17 based on the exchange rate.

I won't say this is the only liner I would use for the duration of my natural-born life because I have to experiment with other liquid liners - felt or brush-tipped.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by sh1307732

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! After having difficulties finding the perfect liquid liner that was easy to use, I found it. This is an amazing quality applicator in the form of a felted pen, but it works exactly like a controlled, tiny brush. I can make the line as thick or as thin as I'd like without giving up control. I use this all the time. The packaging is simple without being cheap or bulky. It has incredible staying power. I put it on at 6 in the morning and leave it on until 10 at night. I will go and buy this again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by becca352

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner! It is the only liner I have used that truly stays on all day. It does not end rubbing off in my crease, like every liner I have ever tried does. And I have tried tons of eyeliners. I have it in Trooper. It is a nice dark black that stays black all day. It doesn't turn into a weird blue color by the end of the day like some liners I have tried. The only draw back is that once its on, its on. If I make a mistake, I'm stuck with it. When I make a mistake, I can rub with a q-tip all I want and it doesn't budge. Because of that, I sometimes have to wear a thicker line than I would like (I am kind of clumsy). Since it is so final once it is on, I have to take my time applying it, so it takes longer for me to apply than a pencil liner would. But since it truly does stay on all day, I do not mind spending a little extra time applying it, if it means I don't get a black line in my crease later in the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by azng4life

I had high hopes for this eyeliner but they kind of fell flat for me. I have no idea why but when I use liquid eyeliner it tends to wear away closest to my eyelashes because I have monolids and that part doesn't show when I have my eyes open naturally. This eyeliner tends to wear off there and crack so I have to reapply it during the day. The firm brush tip seemed nice at first but now it just seems like it's drying up when I just bought the liner like 2 weeks ago and have used it maybe several times so it shouldn't be drying out. So now when I apply it, it doesn't apply as a bold black, but a gray, so I have to go over it again, but sometimes since there's not enough liquid on the brush tip it ends up scraping away part of the liner I already did. I will not repurchase this because it did not hold up for me, despite being long-lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the BEST liquid liner that I have used yet! I have tried so many too! High End Drug Store and all in between!! It is so precise and lasts ALL day!

There is not one other liquid liner like this between the brush tip (it looks like it would be a felt tip but it is in fact a very fine brush) and the lasting power! I can apply this liner when I get up for work at 6AM and it lasts until I take my makeup off at 11PM! So that shows the quality right there!

Also I understand that it is pricey but I had mine for almost 9-10 months before it started to dry out! I look at it this way if I buy a drugstore liner or something else that I dont like near as much as this one cause its cheaper it doesnt last near as long as this one does!

I recommend this liner to EVERYONE and everyone that has bought it loves it just as much as I do!

Beware of imposters LOL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this eyeliner for my 16 year old niece but once I tried it, I had to get one. I have since went through 3 in a year and a half. What I love about this liquid liner is the pen shape. It has a fine tip that is flexible. It's easy to get right into the lashline to achieve a precise line or a thicker liner, depending on what you want. It lasts all night, doesn't fade or smear. I work 12 hour shifts and this stuff stays put. Tattoo liner is by far the best liner I have tried. It's one of my HG items.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by astronaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*I took off one lippie because I reacted to this product, but that's my problem. It made my eyelids itchy. With my reaction aside, I really loved this product. I liked that it was a brush tip instead of felt, it was very opaque (black shade "trooper"), and lasted a very very long time.

I was very bummed out because I loved this liner. I tried looking for something just like it and I ran into the Physicians formula one. I recommend you guys try it out because it's exactly the same as the KVD and as a bonus it's less expensive! It is made in Japan just like the KVD one.

*UPDATE on Feb 13, 2012
I've been able to find eyeliners that performed pretty similar to the KVD liner but none of them ever matched up. The KVD liner was much more "juicy" and glided on easier compared to the other liners. So, despite going through a skin reaction the last time I used the KVD liner, I went ahead and gave it a second shot. It no longer makes my eyes itch! I don't know what it was; I think that maybe it was because I was using an antibiotic cream on my face at the time? It was odd that the itchiness occurred exactly near the lash line wear I applied my liner though. But anyway, I wanted so bad to make this liner work for me that I was willing to risk another allergic reaction in doing so. That pretty much tells you how awesome this liner is.