October 2, 2014 | 1643 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by jjwyl

This is a review for all you mono-lid girls out there! I have mono-lids (no crease) and it's really hard for me to find a good eyeliner that won't smudge, flake, or fade away during the day. I've tried bunch of drugstore ones, but they didn't work too well for me (the Milani liquid eyeliner had a really good staying power but it was really hard to remove). I decided to try the MAC Fluidline but once again, it didn't work for me because it would always smudge about 2 hours later.

Then I bought this Maybelline eyeliner and I love it! I have it in the color Brown. The texture is creamy and I found it easy to apply. Honestly, I like the brush, but those of you who likes the winged eyeliner look will probably not like the brush. The first few times I used this eyeliner, it did smudge a bit, but I finally found a technique that prevents smudging. The only thing is, I noticed it faded a bit throughout the day, but it's not quite noticeable unless I look down and you look closely.

If you are on a budget, I would definitely recommend trying this one out. Make sure you close the lid tightly after using it because apparently it dries out fast. All you mono-lids out there, you have to find a technique that is suitable for you. This is the method that I tried: use a primer (I used Etude House Proof 10 eye primer), then apply the eyeliner (make sure you don't add too thick of a layer or else it will smudge quite easily), then use a matte powder on top to set it (I used Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent to set it. I also dabbed a bit on the outer corner of my eyes as well as under my eyes).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Lynneden

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I had seen some good reviews for this eyeliner, so I ran over to shoppers and picked it up for eight dollars. I decided to test it out today, it glided on smoothly and I loved the brush, but the eyeliner lasted all of half an hour before it started smudging all over my eyelid. Heck, I had eyeliner under my eye and I only wear eyeliner on top. I have oily eyelids, but that's never happened with any other eyeliner I've tried. I don't recall rubbing my eyes today either. So I really don't understand how it happened that I had raccoon eyes. It may be easy on the wallet when it comes to this eyeliner, but I wouldn't suggest buying it. I don't want to look like a raccoon for eight dollars, thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by madelinegaw

I got this free from a dolly magazine, and it's the best eyeliner I've had, easy to apply and looks great. Only downside is that it smudges really easily, but other then that its great and lasts ages.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by AimeeVbear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really like it. I have Asian eyelids so in the end of the day, the eyeliner smudged everywhere sp annoying and ugly. Very black but maybe gel liners or this one isn't for me

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

tried this based on a friends recommendation as a cheaper alternative to MAC's Fluidline gel pot. I ended up spending about $15 on this, whereas the Mac liner costs about $19 (only saved $4 - so not too impressed by the alleged "savings").

I've been using this for the past couple of months and finally just tossed it out and went back to purchase my MAC liner. This liner in black is not quite the shade that I was looking for. It is a dull black, and after a few hours of use it tends to fade and become almost greyish. In addition, over the course of a day it smudges a lot. I found myself having to run to a mirror every hour to fix it, particularly in hot weather when my face is oiler.

While it does come with its own little brush, I tried using it a few times and found it rather useless - so I would just use my angle brush for application.

Today I went to Mac and bought my Fluidline - as soon as I got home I applied it over my Maybelline liner that I had put on earlier, and WOW, what a world of a difference. I would definitely recommend the MAC liner over this, it's worth shelling out the extra $4 or $5 for.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by MissBeautyAdikt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner back in December and wanted to tell you my thoughts on this.

It comes in a standard pot with a screw on lid and also comes with an eyeliner brush. I personally found this brush too thick to get a perfect line and flick, so never used it.

I have been using this gel liner for the past couple of months and i haven't been very impressed. Why, you ask? Well, i like to apply my eyeliner with a Louise Young Eyeliner brush and noticed that after i had used the gel liner, the brush had dried to a stiff point. Normally, i wipe the residue off onto a tissue or a wipe but it would still dry stiff! I know that's weird right? I thought it was just me, so i carried on using it but the same thing kept on happening!

Then, a few days ago my sister had actually asked for one of my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners because she said she didn't really like the Maybelline one. I didn't even realise we had the same one! She told me that she had been finding the same problem with her brush, and she was using a different eyeliner brush to me.

I found that the gel liner isn't as smooth as the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner and doesn't glide on the same either. I have never had an problems with my Bobbi Brown liner drying out, but the MAC Fluidlines did!

Yes, this gel liner does have some good points! This gel is much more purse friendly, retailing at £7.99 and can be easily found in Boots or Superdrugs. It's a great eyeliner for beginners or if you don't want to spend a lot of money for a gel liner. It is super pigmented and a true black eyeliner and does apply quite smoothly. I did notice that it doesn't dry completly matte, it has a small amount of sheen to it.

i won't be buying this again. Yes, it is cheap but i think for me using a MAC or a Louise Young eyeliner brush, where they cost £15+, i would rather not ruin my makeup brushes and fork out a bit more for a Bobbi Brown Gel liner.

Full post with lots of pictures, can be found on my blog: http://goo.gl/TuVorl

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mediocre liner, but great brow filler!
I originally bought this to use as an eyeliner, but it wasn't as great as all the hype made it seem...
So the product is a medium reddish brown. It's creamy but dries out pretty quickly. It's not completely opaque in one swipe. The little brush that comes with it is pretty good for using with this since it lets you keep more product on the brush. That way, you don't have to continuously dip the brush to build up a line.
I find that this stuff smudges a bit on me. Actually, it doesn't even dry completely. Throughout the day it'll smudge on my lower lashline and give me accidental smokey eyes LOL. It easily cleans up with cotton swabs though.
I ended up using this to fill my brows since I figured the colour would be a good match for my hair colour. It's pretty good for brows- it lasts all day and keeps the hairs in place too. Since it's a gel, you can draw on little hairs rather than simple filling in the shape of the brow.
To remove it, I use Bioderma. I find it takes awhile to remove, but maybe that's just me applying too thick of a layer sometimes. Oddly enough, it doesn't come off of my brushes. Regardless of the brush I use, when I try to wash it with soap and water, nothing comes off- the soap doesn't even turn brown. Whether I try to wash it right after applying or after it's dried, whether I use oil or soap, it doesn't come off...
All in all, wouldn't repurchase, nor would I recommend. If you want a good gel liner, I'd recommend the one by essence! Far cheaper and much better formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this as a trusted blogger I read regularly said it seemed to be a dupe for the more expensive Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. (And I was able to get to a drugstore but not a cosmetic counter, and didn't want to spend online for the pricier product!) At any rate, I don't know if it is a dupe, but I really like this product. It stays put and doesn't require a completely steady hand. Really happy with it--blends well but doesn't cause raccoon eyes! My go to.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Mariacortez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how it goes on easy & you don't need much gel to get the look you want buttttt I dnt know if its me but after a few hours or so it would leak I try so many eyeliners all seem to leak after a while

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by FroYoAndFridays

This is an AMAZING eyeliner!
I have tried several gel eyeliners and all dried out on me within weeks. That was awfully annoying so I decided to just get a slightly more expensive one.

If you know anything about makeup here in Singapore, you would know it's bloody expensive. This was only a few dollars less than the Mac Fluidline, it was either this or that for me. I ended up getting this obviously.

That was 7 months ago and the stuff is still moist and creamy smooth which is AMAZING!
THIS APPLIES SMOOTH AS MOUSSE~ STAYS ON LIKE CEMENT AND WASHES OFF LIKE, I DON'T KNOW... WATER??? Anyway, it's really easy to take off. It is LEGIT waterproof and stays on the tightline and waterline without transferring which is AWESOME.

Would I recommend it? OBVIOUSLY! If you're in search of a new Gel Liner, just get this one! It's GREAT!