April 18, 2014 | 1227 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to like this product since I was in the market for a black upper liner and the price and reviews were great. Unfortunately, for me, this product irritated my eyes and smudged after only 3-4 hours. I gave it 2 stars because the color payoff was good prior to the fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by lucyzta

I purchased this gel eyeliner after using Tarte's gel eyeliner from Sephora because I wanted to find a cheaper alternative. Overall I am satisfied with the Maybelline version and will probably stick to that from now on just because it really is so much cheaper.

I gave this 5 lipstick rating for packaging because I love that it comes with a brush. That definitely makes a big difference! This eyeliner though does rub off a lot easier than the Tarte version. It sometimes rubs off on the top of my eyelids or fades throughout the day. I have to reapply mid afternoon to keep it looking really dark. This has also lasted me a lot longer than the tarte version. When this tub is gone I will repurchase Maybelline instead of tarte because of the price. You get a lot of value for the price point. Good job maybelline!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by rainlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Maybelline products and this one is no exception. This is the eyeliner I use on a daily basis.

My favorite thing about this gel liner is it's staying power! This stuff will not budge!! I've even slept with it on and have woken up in the morning with my eyes still near perfectly lined.

It also goes on very black, which is a must with my liners. I've only purchased this product in Richest Black, I believe it's called.

It comes with a little brush, which I used for the longest time. It served it's purpose and worked pretty decent for me. Recently I switched over to an angled eyeliner brush and have good results. No matter which brush I use I still achieve crisp, black lines. Perfect for cat-eyes.

I've had the same jar for quite some time now and I literally use it everyday. To be honest, it's probably expired...oops, lol. Good thing it's pretty well all used up. Will be repurchasing this eyeliner again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Ellie1826

I would really recommend this eyeliner! I got it in black and I have been very pleased with it. I was first put off by the tiny amount I got, but I found out a little goes a long way! It lasted nearly all day and was a very strong black colour. However, I used my own eyeliner brush as the brush wasn't fine enough for me, but I have found many other uses for the brush. So if you want a cheapish eyeliner, get this one! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by amybethan

The best eyeliner I've tried by far! The consistency of it is brilliant for a perfect application it makes it easy to get different thicknesses of lines. I have it in the colour black and it's perfect for everyday looks and more intense. Just an all round great eyeliner! Definitely want to repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

I've been using this for a few days now and I'm very disappointed. I have it in brown and its not dark or pigmented at all. It also smudges even though it claims to be smudge proof. I've never been closer to returning a product to get my money back. It's a waste. Maybe the black is better..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by shesskincarelover

I really love this gel liner! Its actually really long lasting! Of course, it is SMUDGE-PROOF and WATER-PROOF. Definitely something i would recommend for drugstore-must-have products!! it kinda hard to remove it using wet wipe. so i prefer to use oil (olive oil, baby oil etc..) to remove it! AND, honestly i WON'T RECOMMEND you this gel liner for WATERLINE. as it will hurt your eyes (based on my experience)
SO AFTER ALL, IF YOU LOOKING GEL LINER THAT WOULD BE GREAT FOR CAT EYE AND DRAMATIC LOOK, GO FIND THIS IN DRUGSTORE. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT: *Check out NYX gel liners in Scarlette, aka dark brown if you're looking for a product similar to Maybelline's discontinued Espresso that I review here.*

All colors in this line are not created equally (constancy, application and wear all vary). That said, Espresso is my color, it's just fantastic and frankly, the only eyeliner I wear. Espresso is deep, dark, solid brown with great pigmentation and easy application, light enough in color that is softens otherwise too stark eyelooks, dark enough for the statement winged liner looks that I go for. Darker than "brown" and obviously, lighter than black...perhaps a blackened-brown. Wear is fantastic (far better than MAC's Fluidlines) and the drier, creamier texture makes application foolproof. (I find that if gels are too runny, you need an *impeccable* brush to apply it with. With the drier constancy of this liner, my brush can be less than ideal and I still get a great application.) It's also easily worn as an eyeshadow. In NYC, it is easily found in drugstores around $10 for 3 grams or 0.106 oz and a decent little brush that eventually loses it's shape over time, this little pot has lasted more than a year, I have a back up and will undoubtedly repurchase again.

ARGH! My backup has been lost in a move and I've come to discover that the Espresso color is no longer made! The hunt for another fabulous blackened-brown, budge-proof eyeliner begins again :( continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by cits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried too many eyeliners and yet my eyes are too oily and have too many creases on the lids. Guess any eyeliners won't stay for more than 5 hours and they always smudged easily. Every time I got home my eyes were always in a total mess.

When I found out about this eyeliner I thought it's pretty cheap and might give it a try.

And I love it.

It would stay all day at the office (I worked from 8.30 til 19.00 everyday, sometime overtime). It also made me glad cause whenever I went back home, the eyeliners stayed where they are. It's very easy to apply, even though the downside of this product is that the brush is not that perfect. But, I don't care, it's very cheap, I'd rather buy myself a proper brush and keep buying this product. However, If you're planning to use the brush just make sure to clean them often. I'm using the intense black color, and happy with it because it is very pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Ljadeke

This eyeliner sticks like nothing I have ever tried. Great for a thick night look. Lasts for hours. (Sometimes I put it on and than wash my face, and than put on the rest of my makeup. It really is that thick. It's the only way I can figure out how to get a light daytime amount on.)