October 20, 2014 | 1571 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by cosmie24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I kept eyeing down this product at work so I read some reviews on it and some of them weren't great. My mom asked me to pick it up for her so when I got home, I wanted to try it. I LOVE this gel liner. I went and bought it right after. It's so perfect and glides on so nice. The brush is great and it's so easy to apply. Also, never smudged. I just love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by steffyashley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is kind of a so-so for me. I have the product in Brown.

The things I like:
- comes with an acceptable brush
It's not as soft as I'd like, but it's good enough. Make sure to clean it often! Once the eyeliner sets in your brush it gets quite hard to clean.
- versatile
you can use it on your eyelids, create a winged look, and even tightline with this product.
- good pigmentation
I find the eyeliner quite pigmented, and it is buildable.

The things I don't like:
- not very longlasting.
I don't use usually use primer so this might be one of the reasons. However, I find the colour fading only after 3-4 hours. it is also not smudge-resistant.
- dry off quickly.
I don't open the lid for long periods of time, but I find my pot of eyeliner drying quite quickly, which means there's going to be quite a lot of wasted products after a few months.

The verdict:
It is a decent eyeliner, good pigmentation and very good to create dramatic looks. You can also wear it as part of your daily makeup regime. However, do carry it around, since you will have to touch up quite often.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Katechiv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It just doesn't stay where you want it to!! Luckily I bought the brown one so it's good for using on my eyebrows. Other than that don't touch it with a barge pole.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i love this and l'oreal's gel liners, its really long lasting and the included brush makes it easy to do any kind of look a girl could want. i forget if it is waterproof, but if it is, then that would really be amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I'm on my second pot of this gel eyeliner - it's the only type I've ever tried so I can't really compare it, but I do far prefer it to pencil or liquid eyeliner. I find it's pretty easy to apply, doesn't smudge too badly and has a great, pigmented black colour. The brush isn't the best, and I've tried using a flat angle brush but it's no better. All in all it's a decent eyeliner, for an average price. I'd buy it again mostly because I'm too lazy/cheap to buy a more expensive gel eyeliner.
I also prefer my liner a bit smudgy and smokey, so blending is easy and it looks nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Maroko

i like this gel eyeliner, it was the first gel formula eyeliner i've ever tried, but im searching for alternatives. the intensity of the color was good, it smudged slightly without a primer and faded a little by the end of the day. this would have been overlooked if it werent for the following: it dried really quickly. i never leave the cap off and go wander around the house, i only keep it open while im applying it. its not exactly cheap here, its not worth spendind that much on something that wont last

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by BelleMariex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

It's horrible!! It smudges way too easily and it's hard to create a simple winged eyeliner with that brush. -.-

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by myuan441837

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

smudges so easily! DO NOT BUY!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by jjwyl

This is a review for all you mono-lid girls out there! I have mono-lids (no crease) and it's really hard for me to find a good eyeliner that won't smudge, flake, or fade away during the day. I've tried bunch of drugstore ones, but they didn't work too well for me (the Milani liquid eyeliner had a really good staying power but it was really hard to remove). I decided to try the MAC Fluidline but once again, it didn't work for me because it would always smudge about 2 hours later.

Then I bought this Maybelline eyeliner and I love it! I have it in the color Brown. The texture is creamy and I found it easy to apply. Honestly, I like the brush, but those of you who likes the winged eyeliner look will probably not like the brush. The first few times I used this eyeliner, it did smudge a bit, but I finally found a technique that prevents smudging. The only thing is, I noticed it faded a bit throughout the day, but it's not quite noticeable unless I look down and you look closely.

If you are on a budget, I would definitely recommend trying this one out. Make sure you close the lid tightly after using it because apparently it dries out fast. All you mono-lids out there, you have to find a technique that is suitable for you. This is the method that I tried: use a primer (I used Etude House Proof 10 eye primer), then apply the eyeliner (make sure you don't add too thick of a layer or else it will smudge quite easily), then use a matte powder on top to set it (I used Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent to set it. I also dabbed a bit on the outer corner of my eyes as well as under my eyes).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Lynneden

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I had seen some good reviews for this eyeliner, so I ran over to shoppers and picked it up for eight dollars. I decided to test it out today, it glided on smoothly and I loved the brush, but the eyeliner lasted all of half an hour before it started smudging all over my eyelid. Heck, I had eyeliner under my eye and I only wear eyeliner on top. I have oily eyelids, but that's never happened with any other eyeliner I've tried. I don't recall rubbing my eyes today either. So I really don't understand how it happened that I had raccoon eyes. It may be easy on the wallet when it comes to this eyeliner, but I wouldn't suggest buying it. I don't want to look like a raccoon for eight dollars, thanks.