September 30, 2014 | 1923 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Sammy143

I LOVE THIS Foundation.
Not cakey on the skin at all!
Might need a touch up with powder during the end of the day depending how oily your skin is.
Medium coverage can be full aswel as light! Yes its not in the very cheap range but it is defo worth the price!
Does not come with a pump, pump is sold seperately.
Lasts the whole day and gives you a nice healthy GLOW
LOVE THIS❤️

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Hanthornton1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been using Clinique super balanced foundation for years so I thought it was time for a change and I had heard great things about NARS. The lady behind the counter at selfridges told me that you should apply this foundation with your fingers however there is no way you could do this, it definitely needs quite a bit of blending with a foundation brush but the results are brilliant. I would say it is medium coverage and I have good skin so this is fine for me. There is a wide range of colours which all have pretty yellow undertones which goes well with my skin. I find it lasts all of my working day I do not need to reapply. When I purchased this foundation back in May 2013 I was also given a sample of their tinted moisturiser which was lovely especially for the summer months.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by dollyMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this much reviewed foundation.
When i first applied it, it was gorgeoouussssss... for about 5 minutes. No exaggeration. I walked down the stairs to show my sister how beautiful and natural it was on my skin, and when i got back upstairs 1 minute later, it was gone! I was totally barefaced!
And then came the breakouts... OMG!! The worst, most upsetting eruptions of my life, and they're continuing 2 MONTHS LATER :(
This foundation has sensitized my skin, so everything i put on it, even my usual makeup (even shampoo!) is making it break out even more like crazy. It's horrible.
I definitely do not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by starbuck777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So at first I loved this. It made my dry acne prone skin look so natural and radiant. I even loved how thin and light the liquid was providing a real skin look while effectively working as a covering up. Buuuuuuut it doesn't look like that forever.

In fact, by the end of the evening (if not only a few hours really) my face looks CAKED and kind of hideous. It's like all of the foundation I massaged or worked into my skin with a make up brush comes purging out and just sits on top of my skin waiting to be embarrassingly wiped away. But even when I do wipe it away (in a way that's intentional and not humiliating on someone's shirt when they hug me) it still looks terrible. Like it comes purging out of every pore and then sits there unevenly like a pool of...I don't know what. But it makes me look like a drag queen (in a bad way. I've seen some beautiful drag queens actually, lol, so I feel bad I said that).

Also, the screw top stopped working effectively after a couple weeks of use so it's an absolute mess all the time, especially when traveling. I always rolled my eyes when people whine about packaging, but this is seriously obnoxious and messy. Highly unpractical.

It's really upsetting though still because again, it looks sooooooooo good when you first put it on. Ugh. Revlon Colorstay (even when I mix it with Cetaphil lotion) seems to dry and settle into my fine lines under my eyes and age me...I'm 27 turning 28 soon so it sucks and feels premature. Maybe the answer is just using Nars under my eyes instead of Revlon Colorstay but then nowhere else? And then another foundation on and around my face? I've started using Tarte Smooth Operator on my chin instead of putting foundation there even when I go out and this has helped my acne significantly (I only really break out on my chin). Maybe I'll use 3 foundations on different areas of my face. I'm sure that won't feel tedious.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Enos86

I really wanted to love this product, I like that it comes in a bottle I bought the pump to go with it, which now willl be a waste because I need to return it. My face is sensitive and I have some redness in my cheeks I didn't notice anything different throughout the day when I wore it, but as soon as I took my makeup off my face was super red and sensitive when I washes it. I just woke up to pimples on my chin and forehead which I never get! So disappointed :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is wonderful:
* The product comes in a range of color, mine is Macao. Being African American it's difficult to find wearable colors in high end foundations.
*The product has nice coverage that is lends itself for laying depending on the look desired.
*The formula is not to runny or thick.
Down side
*The price for this foundation is pretty steep as for all NARS cosemtics
*There is no pump for the foundation so I start with a little then add to preven pouring too much and wasting the product

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Nemezienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I'm an NC50 with serious yellow undertones and got a sample of this in Macao. I always had an issue with foundations oxidizing and leaving me with an orange face after an hour, even with Mac studio fix fluid. In my journey to find the perfect foundation, I stumbled upon Nars sheer glow. Now I have verrryyy oily skin and thought the sheer finish would be horrible. Boy, was I wrong! Lasts all day (with primer and setting powder) and looks great! Didn't oxidize at all and I didn't look like a grease monkey. I'm still searching around for my HG foundation but I will definitely be purchasing this. Great foundation for cooler winter months. It annoys me that the pump is sold separately though. Grrrrr.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by dimiboutselis

I've been searching for my HG foundation for a long time and I think I've finally found it! I have dry skin and foundation always seems to just shirk and dry up on my skin. Nars sheer glow stays on and looks great all day. I prep my skin with moisturizer and a primer and then set it with if setting spray. My only problem with the foundation is that there is no pump. For the price it's crazy that a pump isn't included. Other than that I think it's great. Look pretty natural on and lasts pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by missjc75

I love this foundation. I have medium fair skin and the Sante Fe shade suits me perfectly. I have combination skin and this dis not clog my pores. Medium velvety coverage and the colour stays true all day. Definitely would re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm getting married next year so my hunt for a wedding foundation has officially begun. My skin is a hybrid of the following: dehydrated, combination, at times acne-prone and starting to develop fine lines (in particular, around the eye/forehead area.) I'm susceptible to oily breakthrough in the middle of the day, but also to flaky skin. So needless to say, finding a foundation has been quite the challenge lately. I've been relegated to BB creams as a result, however I'm very aware that they often don't photograph well.

In doing my research on these boards and elsewhere, I had consistently seen this foundation as one that was recommended by all, especially in the category of SPF-free foundations. (A category that's increasingly difficult to come by). This foundation often is touted as natural-looking, but also buildable. I live basically in the middle of nowhere, but have occasional access to many brands when I travel Stateside so I'm open to purchasing pretty much anything.

Being my impatient self, I couldn't wait until my next trip to the U.S. so I decided to order a sample online. I had to guess as to what shade to purchase (I'm fair, often the first or second lightest in any range). I opted for 'Deauville', which pulled a bit yellow on my skin, but blended in nicely. I liked the light feel of this foundation and how much it covered without suffocating my skin, but this is where the appreciation ended.

Pretty much immediately, I noticed that this foundation has the tendency to cling to dry patches. I decided that I'd skip the powder step because of this, (also desiring to see how it truly wears without powder. The ultimate test).

As the day wore on, I would inspect myself in my work bathroom lighting (hideous, fluorescent lighting. I always figure if I can look half decent in that lighting, I'm golden). This foundation had no staying power in my t-zone. As for the rest of my face, it stayed on, but pooled in every pore. I thought I might have just caught myself on a day where I was particularly dehydrated so I tried it on another day with the exact same results.

So glad I didn't blind buy (I'm prone to this very reckless but exciting habit). Not sure how anyone with dry skin can make this one work. I will sadly have to add myself to the very small list of people for whom this was an epic fail. Hoping to find something perfect for that special day. Onto the next!