April 17, 2014 | 1739 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by amcart

I have been using this foundation since beginning of May, and can honestly say it is FANTASTIC!
Over the past few years i have tried so many foundations, and always struggle to stick to one i like for more than a couple of weeks. It has just the amount of coverage that i need, and really do feel confident wearing it. It has a buildable coverage, and the colour matches me perfect (I am Punjab, usually NC30/35) The texture is smooth and blends really easily, i have only tried applying this product with my fingers as that is how NARS advise you to apply it...Only thing that i could slightly criticise about this product is the packaging, it doesn't come with a pump - only a screw top...i have tried to buy the pump seperate but haven't been able to find it yet. It's not a big deal but i think it would finish the product off nicely. It is quite pricey in the UK but i would definatly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Scruffy892

Ok, there are many much-loved, over-hyped products on MUA. Some I have tried over and over just because you all loved them. I want to know why this whole board isn't jumping up and down and throwing a parade for this stuff. I have tried every foundation under $65 in the last few months and there are only maybe 5 that I feel are truly worth a HE price. This and Urban Decay Naked are the absolute best by far. I have dry skin, large pores, textural issues and a lot to cover. This has never caked on me no matter how thick I put it on. And it covers EVERYTHING! It is easily buildable, easy to blend and work with, long-lasting, transfer-resistant, never looks dry... The coverage is amazing--not "sheer" at all. NARS does it a disservice by naming it that! The finish is somewhere between satin and dewy, IMO. It has a thicker, creamier texture which makes it very easy to build coverage--unlike the UD. I have used Gobi (around NC 10-15), and Mont Blanc--a nice natural-looking pinkish MAC level 15. Both are lovely on my neutral to cool level 10-15 skin. I would put Siberia, the lightest color at around NC 5-10, and Deauville at around NC 15-20. All great, wearable shades.

Issues to consider ("cons" is too harsh):
--This is a thick foundation, so it covers everything thickly, even any bumps on skin--which may highlight them rather than disguise them.
-- I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin, and this does give me slight itchies as the day wears on.
-- This may work for slightly oily skin, but not REALLY oily skin. It starts to break up around my oily areas at the end of the work day.
-- Some primers will cut the coverage level--I prefer to use it without. I also don't powder.

Bottom line: If you have dry skin or need extra coverage, this is an absolute must-try. Now, I've got a parade to organize...

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sitaara

I found this to be a natural matte finish on my skin (which is normal/combination ) I actually got a full coverage out of this using a real technique buffing brush which is my day to day foundation brush. I thought there would be more of a glow to this but I only achieved that look right at the end of the day. Through out the day I was complimented on my skin by people and was asked a few times what foundation I was wearing so its definitely a keeper! I will be using this for evening/ party makeup. But for every day face and body by mac is my absolute fave as its sheer and dewy and what I like in a foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It wasn't the right formula for me. After quitting BCP my skin became quite oily again, I bought this foundation around the same time not realizing the switch that my skin was having.
The colour match was good, and the finish of this foundation is lovely. Medium coverage with a satiny finish, albeit I wouldn't call it neither sheer nor glowy. I have to say it's not the most lightweight foundation either, you can definitely feel it on your skin, so overall I found it more suitable for a night out where you want to look polished.
Unfortunately it turned greasy on me within an hour of wear so I swapped it away, but I can see how it would look amazing on people with normal to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by mmmmmoostache

Nars sheer glow is great if you want:
Light to medium coverage
Glowing gorgeous skin

i have normal to dry skin so this applies amazingly on my skin and feels like i'm wearing nothing! Its not good however if you want to cover up your blemishes, i have a lot of pimples and it didnt do a very good job at covering it up but it did eliminate the redness and left my skin looking fresh and hydrated

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Jessrockstarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

amazing foundation, horrible packaging. I've repurchased this same foundation about 3 times. is expensive, but worth the money if you want flawless looking skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Nars Sheer glow in med#1 Punjab after watching countless youtube vids raving about it. Now there was differing opinion some said med-full coverage sum said sheer buildable.some said matte sum said glowy look...@first application I found this semi matte very natural looking.very natural (that bears repeating) id say this is on the light end of medium coverage.coverd my ruddy cheeks well with one layer but i still had redness coming thru.evened me out basically. For sum reason i couldnt build it up very well mabey i wasnt adding enuf but it seemed to hit a wall at medium.even with a primer it unfortunatly didnt last beyond 5hrs&I live in cool coastal weather& im not oily nor does my face sweat.this is the first foundation even ordering it online that was spot on in coloring, really great color match,punjab is light/med yellow based (youtube helps a lot with tryin to nail down ur shade, I live 6hrs from any makeup counter so this how I did my matching) I think I would be Barcelona as it is at the start of summer&I tan easily, .I ended up returning this because as much as I liked the silky thin texture, the smooth soft feeling on your face&the strong yellow base it sunk into my large visable pores after an hour of wearing. primer or no primer. I looked like I had little yellow spots all over my cheeks&nose where it sunk in. If you dont have visiable pores&you want a great natural looking foundation that feels very nice on (like you have nothing on) then this is a great one just not for me altho it did photograph very nice, just didnt look great in person&upclose after an hour for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by angel77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Is this foundation nice? Yes! But I can't wear it because when I put it on, my face began to burn and sting awfully. I think it's just something in NARS products that bother me though. I have a NARS lipgloss and it stings also. I say get a sample and try before you buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by cupcake2282

This foundation is phenomenal. Don't let the "Sheer glow" confuse you with the coverage. The "Sheer glow" indicates that the GLOW is sheer. This foundation has a medium coverage which is buildable. It allows my skin to look like skin. It doesn't mask my skin to point where it will look like a heavy or thick foundation. Photographs beautifully. I have acne prone skin, and it has not broken me out. I'll continue to repurchase this foundation even though it's pricey, I believe that it IS worth it.

For reference, I'm an NC42 in Mac studio fix, and with this foundation I use Barcelona for my yellow-based skin tone.

The only thing I will say, which a lot of people complain about is that it does not come with a pump. But to be honest, that's fine with me. I just shake the bottle with the cap uncovered and my finger on the tip, then spot it onto my face. I also use my beauty blender for everyday use, and sigma flat top kabuki brush for FULL coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by JKxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this founadtion for 2 years and hate that I can no longer use it. My skin has gone through serious changes in the last 6 months. It went from blemish free- normal to oily, acne-prone and sensitive. The sheer glow is perfect if you have good skin. It'll give you a natural looking, min coverage look. I miss being able to wear it. I'm having a really hard time finding a new makeup in my color. (crying)