NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 6/14/2014 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have hormonal acne and also dry skin. I was looking for a foundation that gave me some coverage, but without being either a. too matte and dry OR b. too sheer and lacking coverage. After trying umpteen different foundations with different price tags, I finally settled on this one and I can't see myself ever changing! Although it's labelled as 'sheer' the coverage is buildable. It's worth every cent it costs. I use the 'fiji' tone.

Downside? Packaging is horrid. I cannot fathom why it's not sold in a pump bottle for this price. Instead you get crappy screw top bottle.

on 6/14/2014 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I expected more from this foundation, it is just ok in my book, it is sheer, very sheer, and not as luminous as one might thing, at least for me...the colors are all a bit too yellow...all in all, my face looks a bit flat using it..not great in my views.

on 6/13/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I bought this product in the color 'Macau'. It's my favorite winter foundation. It's not sheer coverage or glowing but it's semi-matte and has a great amount of coverage without making your skin look "fake". I hate the packaging. It doesn't come with a pump and that makes absolutely no sense to me for the price. I paid about $45 for 1 FL. I don't wear it often because it's expensive. I tend to save it for special occasions or if I feel like looking extra nice that day. It's a great foundation overall I just hate the packaging.

on 6/13/2014 6:02:00 AM

This foundation alongside the illamasqua skin base is so lovely and radiant. The illamasqua gives a dewy healthy Fresh effect and the Nars gives me a semi matte glowy healthy finish. Both give me the ultimate polished look, both great coverage which is buildable. Neither emphasise my slightly enlarged pores around my nose. The Nars foundation is slightly thicker than the illamasqua but i can't feel either of them on my skin. Both as great as each other list giving a different finish depending on your desired look. Downside is that it didn't come with a pump so it gets VERY messy and drips into the inside of the lid which is so upsetting for OCD weirdos like me! Both foundations did not budge during long sweltering summer days outside.my skin remained as though I'd literally just applied my make up. No need to touch up or re powder! Will always keeps these two products as my favourites on my dresser

on 6/11/2014 8:17:00 PM

I really love this foundation!

I swap between this in Mount Blanc, and Hourglass Illusion in Ivory for day time coverage. Today was my first day back on the NARS and once again, my love affair is reignited. It's smooth, good coverage and makes me look like I'm glowing. Super easy to apply (with my fingers so the pigments warm and intensify with the heat, then buffed in with a brush). In Australia this is about $20 cheaper than Hourglass. It might still be expensive for some, but I always tell myself that it's better to spend money on something that will sit on my face for a whole day (or night!!).

on 6/11/2014 7:20:00 AM

Great foundation. Doesn't make my skin break out, nor does it exacerbate dry patches. The colour "Mont Blanc" matches my skin tone perfectly too.

The first day that I wore this I was told "wow, you're looking good today!". Enough said. I will definitely keep buying this one. It may not be the cheapest but it is worth the price to me.

PS one letdown….it needs a pump as standard!

on 6/10/2014 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
- I LOVE the yellow colouring of it. Every time my face is red/irritated with scarring (I have a bad habit of squeezing at white and black heads, eurgh) I use this foundation because it has enough coverage and yellowness to make my skin look flawless without any concealer. I didn't use a concealer for years so this was really good for those times.
- I have normal-oily skin; my skin gets oily after about 5-6 hours, then I have to retouch my foundation. With this, I'd say I get oily after 5 hours.
- Price is reasonable, I think.

Cons:
- No. Pump. I wish they included a pump and jacked the price. It is just hard for me to splurge the extra $$ on an optional pump, even though I have splurged $100 on a Giorgio Armani foundation and currently have 5 foundations on rotation.

on 6/7/2014 1:27:00 PM

I really like this product! It looks natural and it covers up a lot! It's a little on the pricier side, but then again it is a high end product and you get what you pay for! I would defiantly repurchase this!

on 6/5/2014 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Yes and No. Mostly leaning no, sadly.
Good:
NC40/42=Stromboli, at least for me. It was a tad light but overall, lots of yellow and matched me very well compared to most foundations. The coverage is surprisingly good! This foundation convinced me that I dont need super, heavy-duty, thick foundation to cover my flaws, I dont have problematic skin and this is great for people with that. Its lightweight. Does not dry me out or make me oily. Did not accentuate pores&wrinkles. Comes in many shades.

Bad: Where's the staying power? There is none. Im so used to my liquid iron Estee Lauder Double Wear and this was like nothing! I barely rubbed/touched my face and it came off! And I do not have oily skin! The foundation disappears throughout the day. Maybe a primer of some sort would help? Does not come with a pump. Not glowy, more like semi-matte, or natural but I dont see that as a bad thing, just the name misleading. Expensive.

If only the staying power was better, it would be worth it. I really like the shades, finish and the feeling of this. Bummer...

on 6/2/2014 2:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

BEAUTIFUL! I heard so many good things about this foundation and everything held up to par! I love love love this foundation! It made my skin look dewy even when it was at it's most horrible state. Before I went on prescription acne medication, my cheeks had an extensive amount of scars and a few spots. This foundation made me feel so beautiful in my skin, it was unbelievable! It gave my skin the glow and, with buildable coverage, it masked my imperfections without looking like I packed my face with makeup! In my opinion, you WILL need a setting powder with this because it does have the tendency to move around a bit. Overall LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

One flaw besides the cost, THE PUMP COSTS EXTRA! Boooooo! I really wish it just came with a pump because it is super necessary because it oxidizes and changes the color!

Video Reviews & Tutorials