April 19, 2014 | 1821 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by rayychell

I remember first seeing this a year & a half ago through a friend of mine thinking it was the cutest thing ever. A chapstick in the shape of an egg? Unbelievable! Someone should really applaud the marketing/packaging director on this one as I was definitely sold, but due to my short-term memory span (thankfully in this case), I completely forgot about it...until I saw it at a Target a half a year ago. I immediately picked it up in Strawberry Sorbet and Summer Fruit although it was a little bit on the expensive side for a drugstore chapstick.
Honestly, it's all hype. It leaves a weird waxy feeling over your lips and you can't really tell if your lips are actually moisturized or if it's just that film over your lips. It does prevent your lips from chapping and softens it, but I find that I have to reapply it about twice an hour. I feel like it doesn't penetrate your lips and really moisturize it.The Strawberry Sorbet scent was not bad, but the Summer Fruit was horrible-smelled like peaches and plastic mixed together.
It looks cute in your purse, but that's about it. I won't be buying it again as I just recently discovered it doesn't have spf as well, which I guess was the last straw for me. There are much better chapsticks out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by zurbaby

Im extremely allergic to this product. I have to argue its just like a regular $1 lip balm! Its not moisturizing at all. So why do people buy this? For the packaging ? For the fame/name? Seriously. Its expensive or a sucky lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Potatomonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I bought this lip balm a little while ago hoping for something to cure my severely dry and peeling lips. It was a bit pricey where I bought it, (4-5 $ or something) but I decided to try it. The first thing I noticed was the sphere shape of it, which I really liked. As I tried it for the first time, it didn't really do anything for me. The balm was very waxy and I couldn't get hardly any on! As I kept using it, the waxy layer broke down and the soft, smooth balm really applied well. The ingredients are so natural and fancy and the taste and smell are wonderful! While it looks/smells great, the actual balm is only decent. Sure it moisturizes, but it doesn't stay for long or leave my lips soft and smooth unless I apply this with other products. At night, I use this, EOS honeysuckle honeydew, Burt's Bees acai berry (or something of the sort), and Blistex Moisture Melt. With all the products, it works amazing. I don't think I would use this on it's own for lasting relief of the rawness and stinginess of my lips. Also, I wouldn't repurchase this. Partly because I don't think it is terrific, and partly because I own several other lip balms that work as good or better than this. I'm thinking this lip balm would benefit someone with lips that occasionally get dry or chapped, or underneath lipstick or lip gloss to hold in moisture. Not entirely for me, but it's worth a try. Thanks for reading! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by itshannaht

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super smooth, not waxy, moisturises. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Wannabebeautyguru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used EOS before (Medicated Tangerine) and it was Amazing ! i wanted to try another flavor ... So i picked up Summer Fruit at my local Walmart. Let me tell you ! UGH it smells like peaches mixed with plastic . Its smells so weird . Also it doesnt last long at all ! I find myself reapplying it every like 5 minutes ! And for the price i have to pay for it ... It ran up to 5 dollars , so i expected it to be a 5 star product like everybody has made it seem . I will not be buying this one again . But i would like to try the other EOS flavors !

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Madison614

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have two EOS balls. This one and the lemon drop one. I recently went camping and my lips were RUINED. They got super dry and began to get white blisters on the bottom lip. Regularly at home, I NEVER put it on before I go to bed, just after the shower. So, during camping, I decided to put it on while in bed to try and get some relief. I woke up that morning and noticed that half of my bottom lip had begun to swell to the size of a large grape. So, I'm not going to be buying another one of these. I would not recommend to put this on chapped lips. I still have insanely chapped lips and moved on to Vaseline lip therapy. Hoping it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by meredith1313

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love love love EOS lip balms, and this is my favorite one! They are so moisturizing and nourishing and smell amazing!! The packaging is really cute but I don't really like to use it out of the house. The price is also perfect, even too inexpensive, because this product is awesome!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Neopatra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Cute packaging. Crap product. Not moisturizing. Smelled like cat piss. Threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by kawaiidesu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so adorable and it makes my lips really smooth. The only downside is that it looks weird if you put it in pocket.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by lit0laura

Meh.
First of all, like 95% of the population, I LOVE the packaging. Super cute, and if it's in my purse it's easy to find. THe shape of the balm makes it very easy to apply. But that's where the goodness ends.

The lip balm is super thin, and doesn't hydrate my lips at all. The scent is okay, but even after I wipe off my lip balm it's still there. It has a very strange taste. The lip balm doesn't moisturize at all, and I'd rather pay $4 for a tub of vaseline and use that then this crap.

I bought this a few years ago before everyone became obsessed with it. Honestly I feel the only reason people buy this is because of the packaging.