July 28, 2014 | 1271 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nickireland7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After about 6 or 7 uses of this lip balm, my lips started feeling swollen and the corners of my mouth got very sore and swollen, resembling small pimples. Do not buy this! It even dried out my lips. Gah.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am going to the store to get more!! This stuff has been the only Chapstick to help my lips... I have used everything including the new Babylips by Maybelline and nothing has helped. I'm pregnant and one of my beautiful symptoms has been the most crustiest lips ever lol, and this stuff actually works.. I use it before I put on my lipstick and gloss for the day and at night before I go to bed, and when I wake in the middle of the night for a restroom trip (another beautiful symptom) I put on more and I wake in the morning with soft lips. Guys use this stuff cake it on.. It works wonders... If it works for me I know it can work for y'all! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by MochaSuga20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm annoys the heck outta me! It's like I'm applying in vain. It smells wonderful, and is deliciously sweet, but I'm not getting that desired supple feeling. On my lips, it feels very waxy; just sitting on top of them and not being absorbed. I must admit though, this lasts quite a long time on my lips, but when it finally wears, I don't feel a difference. Not sure if I will repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowyent

I would suggest getting something else

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by vcx3

I definitely heard good reviews of EOS so i decided to try it out and bought this at my local drugstore. I was attracted to the packaging; it is a round egg-like shape and the top twists off very easily. At first when I got this product, I fell in love with it. The smell was amazing, it felt good on my lips because it smelled so great, and the shape of the chapstick was convenient (I tend to lose chapsticks a lot because theyre so small nowadays but the EOS lip balm makes it easier for me to find it in my purse)

However, after a few weeks of keeping it in my purse, some lint got in between the corners of the product so it does get dirty easily. (Not the product itself, just the container). As far as actually moisturizing my lips, it did moisturize my lips but I did find myself re-applying every hour or so. Even after applying this product several times in the day, I still felt like it didn't give me enough moisturization as I wanted.

I'm still debating whether or not I will buy this product again. The EOS lip balm is great but I wouldn't suggest it to anyone who has really dry lips because it doesn't last long. If you're looking for a simple everyday lip balm to keep your lips smelling really good, then this product would be perfect. If you have chronic dry lips, then you're better off using Burt's Bees for the longer lasting moisturization.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by danda

I heard very good things about this product but as soon as I've used it the first time I was not impressed. At first, the balm didn't apply easily. As soon as I managed to get the balm on my lips, I had a terrible reaction! My lips become extremely dry and chapped and the skin around the lips gets affected also. It takes weeks for my skin to heal. I was actually really hoping for this product to be my go-to.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by x0nida0x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

to date everyone i know just loves this adorable little lip balm. however i do not. i gave it 2 lippies: 1 for the delicious scent and the 2nd for the adorable packaging. however it does absolutely nothing to moisturize my lips, in fact they feel even dryer after it has rubbed off. I ended up giving mine away to my little cousin. no good for me, sorry

EDIT: my bad.. i reviewed the wrong flavour. i never tried summer fruit, i tried strawberry sorbet, the pink one. that's the one with the yummy smell

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by crmelody

I remember seeing a few good reviews for this and being the lip balm fanatic that I am, I had to try it. It is literally like rubbing a candle on your lips. It is way too hard. The wax to oil ratio is terrible. So not only is it not pleasurable to apply, but it doesn't moisturize well (predictably). This is definitely one of the worst balms I've tried and the scent I really don't care for at all. Overall, if you are looking for a great balm, try Pangea's (HG of all balms) or Ole Henriksen's or Dr. Bronner's. Packaging is almost as bad as the balm itself.

INGREDIENTS:
Olive Oil, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Natural Flavor, Shea Butter, Stevia Rabaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Vitamin E, Sunflower Seed Oil, Blueberry Fruit Extract, Strawberry Fruit Extract, Peach Fruit Extract, Linalool.

Looking at the ingredients list I'm trying to find out where it fails, and I have to say that olive oil and coconut oil so high was not a good choice. I've studied the ingredients of the balms I've found the most effective (having tried over 100). Most of the really moisturizing balms have jojoba and sunflower really high and then a really intensely moisturizing oil like borage, hemp, rosehip, or avocado after, and then a citrus oil towards the end.

I'm afraid all the extracts do it no good, and it would have been better if they just had one extract (blueberry, for instance) so the flavor would have been pure and not sicky sweet artificial smelling. Pass on this one.

VERDICT: Bad scent. Bad moisturizing ability. Bad packaging. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I'm an EOS lipbalm addict, (my favorite flavor is Sweet Mint) but there are cons and pros to every purchase. Pros- Adorable Packaging and colors, Beautiful smell, Nice flavors, no chemicals, reasonable price. Cons- Not very long-lasting or deep moisturizing. The packaging isn't very portable. The pros outweigh the cons, so I will repurchase. A fairly good lipbalm for the price. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by CaraDeedee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Smells like heaven
Cute packaging
Affordable
Long lasting

Cons:
Not very emollient
A bit dry